09-10-13 10:49 PM
1,101 ... 56789 ...
tools
    So far, I'm unable to get Waze working, in either the .1047 or .810 runtime. It loads as far as the "Accept terms" page, but after that it just sits there with the Android bar (back button only) at the bottom of the screen, which is otherwise black. Eventually I get a prompt, "Waze isn't responding. Do you want to close it? Wait / OK". I'll choose wait but the prompt comes back in a few minutes.
    codeslinga likes this.
    08-03-13 10:01 AM
    What an awesome way to end the weekend, than with a new OS to play with! We finally have a solid version of 10.2 that we ALL can enjoy. Everything works, I mean everything. It's optimized....but not maximized.

In this supplemental thread, to compliment the 10.2.0.1047 leak thread, tips, tweaks, and any unanswered questions can be asked here. We'll also provide screen shots, bar files and findings.

I'll start this thread with my first tweak tip.

1047's runtime, as I discovered, is in safe mode. It is NOT broken, and is in perfect shape as a daily reliable driver...if you like your hand held while you cross the street. Why not load 810's runtime, and b!#ch slap those converted apk's into shape, without creating a debug token! Sachesi makes the process easy, without having to set your device to development mode. Just connect to usb, start Sachesi and select the Installer tab, drag and drop the 2 android runtime files provided and wait for installation to complete, hold both volume buttons until your device reboots, and waste hours of productivity playing candy crush!!!

Here's the 810 runtime link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing

What other tips and tweaks have you found? Reply with screen shots if possible.

Enjoy

OP updated with 2nd runtime link, thanks geodorn: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...810runtime.zip
    thanks Mecca I just Sideload it with google chrome and it work
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 10:02 AM
    Another tweaking question: Is there a way to set the font size in email? It seems to me there used to be, but I don't see anything now. Maybe it's there but I'm missing it.
    I haven't checked this option. I'm assuming that if font size can be adjusted, it will appear in all aspects
    08-03-13 10:02 AM
    Can someone help me get Skype working? I've tried both Android runtimes and downloaded from Blackberry World - any thoughts? doesn't seem to work on either?
    Sometimes skype works and sometimes it does not. For me I have had to close out the app and restart several times before it would start.
    08-03-13 10:03 AM
    10.2 is awesome! But I've got a problem with my BB Q5 with the Voice Control app. In earlier versions of 10.2 it was working just like Siri but in this version the app works just like 10.1! Anyone else got this problem, or this isn't a problem at all?

OS 10.2.0.1047 TIPS and TWEAKS...-img_00000094.png
    08-03-13 10:04 AM
    A tweaking question: For those of us who like to use Chrome to get rid of unneeded files, there are quite a number of sys.data.nuance.vocon.* files, running anywhere from 5 to 10 MB each. These are for the Voice Command feature, and I assume they are language specific. So I'm wondering if it's safe to delete all but sys.data.vocon.eng. Doing so would liberate close to 100 MB. Has anyone tried this? I searched on "vocon" and didn't come up with much.
    I don't really use voice control, but I might one day. I deleted everything that didn't start with "en". I honestly don't know which one I might need. The naming convention only kinda-sorta makes sense.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 10:04 AM
    Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All options show up on a pop up bubble instead of the black vertical bar on the right.

OS 10.2.0.1047 TIPS and TWEAKS...-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and SharonRD like this.
    08-03-13 10:06 AM
    What is the 803 runtime ??

And what does it do ??

Should I install it in my Q10 ?

Posted via CB10
    It's 810's Android runtime. All it is is an emulator built into the OS, to allow converted android apk to function on our BB10 devices. The reason that I'm specifically promoting 810's runtime is because it is nearly unlocked, where OS 10.2.0.1047's runtime is in a sort of safe mode, so that the average user doesn't install any malicious android apps
    SaraVibes likes this.
    08-03-13 10:06 AM
    Does the Facebook 3.4 and the Facebook home work on the new OS ??

And plz I want the apk files for them

Posted via CB10
    I hate FB apps, but I'll install it for you, so you can see it does work on 810's runtime. Standby...
    08-03-13 10:07 AM
    I hate FB apps, but I'll install it for you, so you can see it does work on 810's runtime. Standby...
    It does work. If you use the most recent versions. No need for a specific version to get it working. It works on the current runtime too.
    BUT WHY?????
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 10:09 AM
    Haven't seen toast notifications. Is there a setting somewhere?

Posted via CB10

Edit: restarted and it's working now. Sweet
    TOAST is an acronym for a message pop up. If you don't see any appear on your screen, you've either not installed OS 10.2.0.1047, or you need to reinstall it then have a friend send you a test message.

TOAST does not appear in 10.0.xxx or 10.1.xxx
    08-03-13 10:10 AM
    I was only able to side load one of the 2 files, the 2nd file keeps giving me a 500 error of some kind using sachesi, I did load my debug token and the android apps I converted work now

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:10 AM
    Hello Mecca,

I am comfortable with xsacha method as of now. (debug token)
    As its very simple to convert apk that way. I dont know if Xsacha updated the method to convert without debug token. but till then ill prefer converting using debug token method. any other simpler method to convert apk like xsacha?
    xsacha's debug method only applies to runtime 2.3.3 and any 4.xx runtime in safe mode. If you attempt to use it with 810's runtime, it may or may not work. Test a resigned apk, without the debug token, and see how that same app functions.
    08-03-13 10:13 AM
    hopefully someone give tips, how to fix the issues in games like asphalt 7 and other game native..don't work at 10.2.0.1047
    Native games, as in these same games have been downloaded from BB World? Or are you referring to converted apk's as native? In either case, did you reboot your device, after installing the runtime I provided?
    08-03-13 10:15 AM
    xsacha's debug method only applies to runtime 2.3.3 and any 4.xx runtime in safe mode. If you attempt to use it with 810's runtime, it may or may not work. Test a resigned apk, without the debug token, and see how that same app functions.
    It works, but it isn't required
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 10:15 AM
    Does anyone have netflix working? I have read in the other thread that we need to change the player settings to get the videos to work. Problem is, when i swipe from the top nothing is opened. Am i missing something? I am running 2.3.2
    08-03-13 10:18 AM
    Does anyone have netflix working? I have read in the other thread that we need to change the player settings to get the videos to work. Problem is, when i swipe from the top nothing is opened. Am i missing something? I am running 2.3.2
    There is a 3 dot button on the right hand bottom corner. You press there. Swiping down no longer works
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 10:18 AM
    There is a 3 dot button on the right hand bottom corner. You press there. Swiping down no longer works
    Lol i dont have the three dots at all?! Perhaps i have loaded some crap apk to get it to work. Do you have a quick link by chance?
    08-03-13 10:19 AM
    Sorry if asked but I didn't see this. Anybody else have an issue with BB ID not being recognized? When I try putting it in it says it is incorrect. Also after running the autoloader to update, BB link crashed and shut down after I was about to reload my backup. It syncs up fine and everything seems to be working until I go into the settings page. sign into your bb ID is in red under each setting for backups. I have done reboots and such but still unable to use my bb ID.
    Load up the beta channels and it will fix it. I had the same issue.

Flicked via Z10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 10:22 AM
    Lol i dont have the three dots at all?! Perhaps i have loaded some crap apk to get it to work. Do you have a quick link by chance?
    Swipe from bottom up. Change to software player. Good to go.

Flicked via Z10
    08-03-13 10:23 AM
    My issue is I cannot seem to find how to add colours to distinguish email accounts I was able on all other builds.

Flicked via Z10
    08-03-13 10:25 AM
    Here's FB Home, running...
    OS 10.2.0.1047 TIPS and TWEAKS...-img_00000225.png
    OS 10.2.0.1047 TIPS and TWEAKS...-img_00000226.png

Fully interactive, I liked a comment directly from this screen...
    OS 10.2.0.1047 TIPS and TWEAKS...-img_00000227.png
    OS 10.2.0.1047 TIPS and TWEAKS...-img_00000228.png

I'm attaching a link to these files, which can found at the first page

Posted via CB10
    SaraVibes likes this.
    08-03-13 10:26 AM
    Swipe from bottom up. Change to software player. Good to go.

Flicked via Z10
    Um, swiping all which ways doesn't do anything for me. Especially the bottom up as it just scrolls the page down.
    08-03-13 10:30 AM
    Sorry if asked but I didn't see this. Anybody else have an issue with BB ID not being recognized? When I try putting it in it says it is incorrect. Also after running the autoloader to update, BB link crashed and shut down after I was about to reload my backup. It syncs up fine and everything seems to be working until I go into the settings page. sign into your bb ID is in red under each setting for backups. I have done reboots and such but still unable to use my bb ID.
    Have you detached from usb, rebooted your device and your computer? If Link is acting up, uninstall EVERYTHING BB program related, reboot your pc, and reinstall link.
    n8tiveg likes this.
    08-03-13 10:30 AM
    My issue is I cannot seem to find how to add colours to distinguish email accounts I was able on all other builds.

Flicked via Z10
    Go to the hub, 3 dots, settings, email accounts, and it's there!

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-03-13 10:32 AM
1,101 ... 56789 ...