09-10-13 10:49 PM
1,101 ... 45678 ...
tools
    What an awesome way to end the weekend, than with a new OS to play with! We finally have a solid version of 10.2 that we ALL can enjoy. Everything works, I mean everything. It's optimized....but not maximized.

In this supplemental thread, to compliment the 10.2.0.1047 leak thread, tips, tweaks, and any unanswered questions can be asked here. We'll also provide screen shots, bar files and findings.

I'll start this thread with my first tweak tip.

1047's runtime, as I discovered, is in safe mode. It is NOT broken, and is in perfect shape as a daily reliable driver...if you like your hand held while you cross the street. Why not load 810's runtime, and b!#ch slap those converted apk's into shape, without creating a debug token! Sachesi makes the process easy, without having to set your device to development mode. Just connect to usb, start Sachesi and select the Installer tab, drag and drop the 2 android runtime files provided and wait for installation to complete, hold both volume buttons until your device reboots, and waste hours of productivity playing candy crush!!!

Here's the 810 runtime link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing

What other tips and tweaks have you found? Reply with screen shots if possible.

Enjoy
    Mecca - Thanks...MOG and Instagram now work for me!

Regards,
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 09:18 AM
    For the Audible users out there... I was able to sideload Audible successfully with the .1047 runtime, i.e., without errors or anything, but it wouldn't actually run. I'd get the message "Unfortunately, Audible must close". This happened with both the 1.4.5 and 1.5 versions of the .bar file. After installing the .810 runtime, Audible works fine.
    Mecca EL and gritsinct like this.
    08-03-13 09:20 AM
    I can't seem to get the push notifications on the lock screen to work, go to settings grand turn them on but once I exit it goes back to off. What should I do? New to loading a leak.

Posted via CB10
    The same happens with me. But if you go to your lock screen, if you click on any of the icons displayed, the notifications should appear with more details.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 09:21 AM
    A tweaking question: For those of us who like to use Chrome to get rid of unneeded files, there are quite a number of sys.data.nuance.vocon.* files, running anywhere from 5 to 10 MB each. These are for the Voice Command feature, and I assume they are language specific. So I'm wondering if it's safe to delete all but sys.data.vocon.eng. Doing so would liberate close to 100 MB. Has anyone tried this? I searched on "vocon" and didn't come up with much.
    08-03-13 09:24 AM
    OS 10.2.0.1047 TIPS and TWEAKS...-img_00000492.png

I don't know if this is new but I love it! Account colors in hub!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:26 AM
    Another bug i found, from 4G & 3G, when switching to other options, it will just blink back and forth with what you selected.

My solution would be turning off data first, then switch to the other option, then turn data service on again

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:30 AM
    Another tweaking question: Is there a way to set the font size in email? It seems to me there used to be, but I don't see anything now. Maybe it's there but I'm missing it.
    08-03-13 09:33 AM
    hey guys, i have been told that we can change the player settings in netflix to have the video work but i cant get to the settings screen. I can no longer swipe down from the top to reveal these options.

Any thoughts what i could be doing wrong? I am running 10.2.0.1047
    08-03-13 09:37 AM
    Mecca, is it possible to get the android runtime bar files from this build? I saw you stated earlier that doing an app restore corrupts the runtime. I have a lot of time invested in a couple of my games and really don't want to start over again...

Is this an issue going from 10.1 backup and restoring it to 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    Just so I'm clear, you need the 1047 runtime files?

No backup issues what so ever. I HIGHLY suggest only restoring settings and media. Link hasn't had a good rep of restoring app data for the most part.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-03-13 09:38 AM
    So my contacts don't have pictures anymore. I just jumped from 10.1.2354 to this new leak and the contacts app used to automatically use the people's Facebook profile picture but now they don't have any pictures. Any ideas? I am already logged into fb on my phone and the contacts are already linked to their fb profiles. Just the pictures don't show.
    Give it some time to populate.

Posted via CB10 on my ZedTen!
    08-03-13 09:42 AM
    1047 has wi-fi direct...
    Not on my Z10 it hasn't.
    08-03-13 09:43 AM
    What is the 803 runtime ??

And what does it do ??

Should I install it in my Q10 ?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:44 AM
    1047 has wi-fi direct along with Miracast.

Glenn's BlackBerry Q10
    Wifi direct and mini cast only show on the Q as of right now.

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.10xx from my LE running on VZW
    08-03-13 09:45 AM
    Had problems with all android sideloads and ports. Got a couple working last night by simply waiting for them to load. Let the runtime settle overnight and most of the apps started to slowly work after taking a long time to load. I still couldn't get a few to load so simply deleting and and re install fixed my instagram, Waze, and a couple others. Only app I cannot get to work is HBO GO

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-03-13 09:45 AM
    Yeah. I just did a restore and I'm not sure if it's because it's syncing all my data right now and indexing everything or if it corrupted the android player. When I wake up tomorrow I'll reload my debug token and sideload my converted apps again and test them out. I really would hate to lose all the time invested in sector strike, cut the rope, and jetpack joyride :/

Just so I'm clear, you need the 1047 runtime files?

No backup issues what so ever. I HIGHLY suggest only restoring settings and media. Link hasn't had a good rep of restoring app data for the most part.
    08-03-13 09:48 AM
    I don't see it either on my Z10. Or is it network or carrier dependent?
    Only on the Q10 in this build, apparently.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 09:50 AM
    Updating OP with link. Thanks!!
    08-03-13 09:51 AM
    Sorry if asked but I didn't see this. Anybody else have an issue with BB ID not being recognized? When I try putting it in it says it is incorrect. Also after running the autoloader to update, BB link crashed and shut down after I was about to reload my backup. It syncs up fine and everything seems to be working until I go into the settings page. sign into your bb ID is in red under each setting for backups. I have done reboots and such but still unable to use my bb ID.
    08-03-13 09:51 AM
    LOL, looks like i messed things up now.

I had most of the android ports working with the debug token method but installed this run time and broke them all. How can i fix that? Sorry if its been asked.
    08-03-13 09:52 AM
    now i have already sideload some of apps(i use 1047 runtime),
    LINE = works
    Instagram = works

what different between skype 4 and skype in bbworld?
    What version of Instagram are you using? I tried 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and all older versions. It keeps saying my device is not compatible when I launched it.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:56 AM
    LOL, looks like i messed things up now.

I had most of the android ports working with the debug token method but installed this run time and broke them all. How can i fix that? Sorry if its been asked.
    You mean sideloads, not ports, right?

You shouldn't need the debug token in 10.2, but if you're trying to load .bar files that you made with the debug token, you need the token installed to load them. If you convert the .apk files to .bar files without the debug token, you should be able to load them without it, too. Whether they will then run properly is another story, and the news is mixed. I'm having better luck with the .810 runtime than the .1047 one.
    08-03-13 09:57 AM
    Yeah. I just did a restore and I'm not sure if it's because it's syncing all my data right now and indexing everything or if it corrupted the android player. When I wake up tomorrow I'll reload my debug token and sideload my converted apps again and test them out. I really would hate to lose all the time invested in sector strike, cut the rope, and jetpack joyride :/
    Give it about an hour or 2 to repopulate, then pm me if you still need the link to 1047's runtime
    RDZONE99 likes this.
    08-03-13 09:58 AM
    So my contacts don't have pictures anymore. I just jumped from 10.1.2354 to this new leak and the contacts app used to automatically use the people's Facebook profile picture but now they don't have any pictures. Any ideas? I am already logged into fb on my phone and the contacts are already linked to their fb profiles. Just the pictures don't show.
    Delete the FB app. Allow your info to repopulate, then install FB again. The native FB app causes this problem.
    global14u likes this.
    08-03-13 09:59 AM
    A tweaking question: For those of us who like to use Chrome to get rid of unneeded files, there are quite a number of sys.data.nuance.vocon.* files, running anywhere from 5 to 10 MB each. These are for the Voice Command feature, and I assume they are language specific. So I'm wondering if it's safe to delete all but sys.data.vocon.eng. Doing so would liberate close to 100 MB. Has anyone tried this? I searched on "vocon" and didn't come up with much.
    It is safe to remove these language files
    08-03-13 10:01 AM
    You mean sideloads, not ports, right?

You shouldn't need the debug token in 10.2, but if you're trying to load .bar files that you made with the debug token, you need the token installed to load them. If you convert the .apk files to .bar files without the debug token, you should be able to load them without it, too. Whether they will then run properly is another story, and the news is mixed. I'm having better luck with the .810 runtime than the .1047 one.
    Perfect, looks like just a hard reboot was in order to get the android runtime working properly. Since i already used the token method ill stick with it until next load. I have been trying to get netflix working to change the players settings thought but swiping down from the top does not reveal the settings anymore?! I am running 2.32. Does anyone have this working now!?
    08-03-13 10:01 AM
1,101 ... 45678 ...