09-10-13 10:49 PM
1,101 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    This is the same behavior I'm seeing. Did you ever find out how to resolve/fix it?
    Waze works great here, no problem at all, just pick the latest Apk from Play store and i convert it using Debug tolken, i am on 1047
    08-09-13 12:04 AM
    OS 10.2.0.1047 TIPS and TWEAKS...-img_00000066.png here the screen shot

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:26 AM
    Is there a way to get rid of the BLACK BAR that is now pinned to all side loaded android apps...... Earlier we had an option to hide it which was much better.... this takes up unnecessary space....

NEED HELP
    Try loading the .810 bars (both files). I got rid of the .1047 files and loaded the .810 files in an effort to get an app to work. Not only did I succeed, but none of my android apps have the PITA bar across the bottom now
    08-09-13 12:49 AM
    maps don't work with STL-1?

What an awesome way to end the weekend, than with a new OS to play with! We finally have a solid version of 10.2 that we ALL can enjoy. Everything works, I mean everything. It's optimized....but not maximized.

In this supplemental thread, to compliment the 10.2.0.1047 leak thread, tips, tweaks, and any unanswered questions can be asked here. We'll also provide screen shots, bar files and findings.

I'll start this thread with my first tweak tip.

1047's runtime, as I discovered, is in safe mode. It is NOT broken, and is in perfect shape as a daily reliable driver...if you like your hand held while you cross the street. Why not load 810's runtime, and b!#ch slap those converted apk's into shape, without creating a debug token! Sachesi makes the process easy, without having to set your device to development mode. Just connect to usb, start Sachesi and select the Installer tab, drag and drop the 2 android runtime files provided and wait for installation to complete, hold both volume buttons until your device reboots, and waste hours of productivity playing candy crush!!!

Here's the 810 runtime link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing
    and Mega link: https://mega.co.nz/#!9kl2Sb7R!IzHe6w...iwymseJA4NLRGQ

What other tips and tweaks have you found? Reply with screen shots if possible.

Enjoy

FaceBook Home pack, contains 2 converted files: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing

Netflix 1.8b561: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing

Vine and PS Touch apps: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing

1047 runtime: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing

Candy Crush Saga: https://mega.co.nz/#!yUoVUCab!IPZGhX...m1CCv_8v-ygG1E

Skype prerelease version: https://mega.co.nz/#!MllXVSaY!KQlBTD...WYyB0obRbpjcTM

Instagram 4.0.2: https://mega.co.nz/#!B4lA0ICK!HMhVhy...toZ5nc4mxvtYYQ

Maps 483: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...lCV2d0Nnc/edit
    08-09-13 04:44 AM
    I did just as you did but the bar across the bottom is still there
    Did I miss anything?
    Try loading the .810 bars (both files). I got rid of the .1047 files and loaded the .810 files in an effort to get an app to work. Not only did I succeed, but none of my android apps have the PITA bar across the bottom now
    08-09-13 04:46 AM
    Anyone else experiencing on 10.20.0.1047 on the Q10 that the sym key no longer works - does nothing at all!
    08-09-13 04:59 AM
    Restart will bring back the Pita bar

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 05:31 AM
    Few questions

1. How do I find out which version of runtime is currently on my phone? Is there a way?
    2. After I install the 810 runtime, is it better to delete the 1047 runtime as a previous comment said?
    3. If so, how do you go about deleting the 1047 runtime files?

Thanks!
    08-09-13 05:39 AM
    There is no OS in existence, that is purpose driven by the need to function for an application. That's not how it works. Apps are written with the purpose of complimenting the OS. If an app isn't written to be optimized, it isn't the OS fault.

OS10 is able to emulate the Android runtime system. It IS NOT the android OS. You porting an android app, with the expectation of it running perfectly on a BlackBerry device isn't realistic.
    My point is what worker good on 10.1 should work at least same way if not better on 10.2. I also know the semantics of OS n apps. My whole focus was with same apps running /usage i got 10 hour backup on 10.1 MR n 6 hour on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:42 AM
    Does 10.2 fix the issue of copy/pasting numbers into the dialler (without erasing any numbers already in the dialler)?
    08-09-13 08:21 AM
    I cant reboot the phone by holding 2 volume buttons. It just take a screenshot. Is it okay to reboot just by holding the power button 10 seconds
    08-09-13 08:58 AM
    I cant reboot the phone by holding 2 volume buttons. It just take a screenshot. Is it okay to reboot just by holding the power button 10 seconds
    it does the screenshot first... count to about 20 while holding both up and down volume buttons after the screenshot... it will hard reset. just be a little patient.
    08-09-13 09:14 AM
    I did just as you did but the bar across the bottom is still there
    Did I miss anything?
    You didn't miss anything... PJ got lucky with a glitch because the bars are there, and have been there, to stay for a few builds now. You're stuck with em
    chindoberry likes this.
    08-09-13 09:16 AM
    There is no OS in existence, that is purpose driven by the need to function for an application. That's not how it works. Apps are written with the purpose of complimenting the OS. If an app isn't written to be optimized, it isn't the OS fault.

OS10 is able to emulate the Android runtime system. It IS NOT the android OS. You porting an android app, with the expectation of it running perfectly on a BlackBerry device isn't realistic.
    This.

Do not get upset at BB because your android app doesn't work correctly. Likely, you sideloaded it so you have no room to really complain... if you downloaded it through BBW then you get to complain to the lazy developer, not BB.

With that said, I feel for you Q users and I believe that the bottom black bar should have an option (possibly under settings) to allow for it to be hidden/pinned. I like that it's a lot smaller then 10.1 builds but an option would be nice for those that want to hide it.
    mopar_fxr and Mecca EL like this.
    08-09-13 09:19 AM
    it does the screenshot first... count to about 20 while holding both up and down volume buttons after the screenshot... it will hard reset. just be a little patient.
    I hold it for 2 minutes and nothing happen, very frustating
    08-09-13 09:26 AM
    Did it take the screenshot at least? Make sure you're not holding down the stop/mute button in the middle while pressing the buttons. That might cause an issue
    08-09-13 09:30 AM
    odd... power down using the power button... after fully powered down pull battery. dont pull before shut down. let it sit a min and reinstall and power up again.
    08-09-13 09:30 AM
    Did it take the screenshot at least? Make sure you're not holding down the stop/mute button in the middle while pressing the buttons. That might cause an issue
    Yes it take a screenshot first,then i continue hold it and nothing happen
    08-09-13 09:36 AM
    Yes it take a screenshot first,then i continue hold it and nothing happen
    That's strange for sure. While seemingly not recommended by some, physically pull/replace the battery and see what happens
    08-09-13 09:44 AM
    That's strange for sure. While seemingly not recommended by some, physically pull/replace the battery and see what happens
    I'm using z10 stl 100-1, so i have pulled out the battery, where do i look to find that 810 runtime have been installed to my z10
    08-09-13 09:49 AM
    If i had install 810 runtime, do i have to re-sideload all my apps again?
    08-09-13 09:52 AM
    I'm using z10 stl 100-1, so i have pulled out the battery, where do i look to find that 810 runtime have been installed to my z10
    If everything was installed successfully you'll just have no error messages during install. If you didn't get any errors/issues then it was installed

If i had install 810 runtime, do i have to re-sideload all my apps again?
    No, you shouldn't have to reinstall them. If you're having issues with a specific app then you might want to try deleting/reinstalling to make sure nothing was corrupted.
    08-09-13 09:55 AM
    in running a SQN version 3 and ive installed the leak plus just installed teh 810 run time, I still cant get SKYPE to work. I side loaded the file link you included via seschi.What gives!?
    08-09-13 10:03 AM
    maps don't work with STL-1?
    All though most CORE system apps are not compatible with STL-1 devices, from what's been confirmed, the version of Maps I posted is too far out of series to work on 1047.

What will NOT work, and I forgot to make this very clear, is that the 810 runtime will not work on STL-1 devices. ONLY STL-2,3, and 4.
    jakie55 likes this.
    08-09-13 10:11 AM
    All though most CORE system apps are not compatible with STL-1 devices, from what's been confirmed, the version of Maps I posted is too far out of series to work on 1047.

What will NOT work, and I forgot to make this very clear, is that the 810 runtime will not work on STL-1 devices. ONLY STL-2,3, and 4.
    Damn, thats the problem, lol
    08-09-13 10:13 AM
1,101 ... 3637383940 ...