09-10-13 10:49 PM
1,101 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    Hello .... has anyone been experiencing issues with spotify? Since I updated to 10.2 and sideloaded spotify again it opens but presents me with a blank screen. Is there a solution for this problem?

Thank you...
    08-08-13 10:53 AM
    Need help... Skype not working. telling me that I have no Internet connection. I deleted app and added again, still not working.

Facebook is not showing my stuff in the HUB when I receive them. Did same thing and didn't work either...

Please help!!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:57 AM
    Ok so im quite new to this. I know how to sideload and install OS i'm not that tragic haha. Iv'e sideloaded a few apps of wi-fi through google chrome i just want to know,

A) Why a different runtime? What is runtime? Will it remove that new permanent back android button on my Q10. Advantages/Disadvantages and how do i install the runtime?

B) Must i use sachesi? Can i continue using chrome or should i use the sachesi program to sideload etc.

I want to get instagram on my Q10 and the new Maps running well (ive already installed google maps just the new permanent button clashes)

I am running 10.2 , please help and sorry for the long post

B)
    08-08-13 10:58 AM
    Ok so im quite new to this. I know how to sideload and install OS i'm not that tragic haha. Iv'e sideloaded a few apps of wi-fi through google chrome i just want to know,

A) Why a different runtime? What is runtime? Will it remove that new permanent back android button on my Q10. Advantages/Disadvantages and how do i install the runtime?

B) Must i use sachesi? Can i continue using chrome or should i use the sachesi program to sideload etc.

I want to get instagram on my Q10 and the new Maps running well (ive already installed google maps just the new permanent button clashes)

I am running 10.2 , please help and sorry for the long post

B)
    A runtime is, in this case, similar to an android virtual machine running on your phone. The 810 runtime allows more permissions for Android apps, so you are less likely to find one that won't work. It will not remove the back button. You install the runtime by using Sachesi. I haven't tried using chrome, but something about using it to install a new android runtime seems wrong. Worst case scenario, you try it, and if it doesn't work, use Sachesi.
    Mecca EL, go1ndr and Skream like this.
    08-08-13 11:07 AM
    sorry if it already been asked before, but is there a fix to hotspot bug? my mobile hotspot won't turned on
    08-08-13 11:34 AM
    I finally got Kindle working...ended up reinstalling the OS (after a security wipe), used Chrome to install the .810 bars, then Kindle 3.8.2.52, then another reboot followed by another security wipe. Verified that Kindle worked (connected, sync'd, etc), then rebooted again and added the rest of the sideloads & apps from BB world. Hotspot and everything work fine, only (minor) issue I'm having now is that I wasn't able to restore settings from 10.1 (not a big deal, just a PITA), after 24+ hours my contacts haven't linked with people's FB profiles so their pictures aren't showing on their speed dials. Guess I'll have to spend some down time at work manually linking contacts. Sigh.
    08-08-13 12:03 PM
    Need help... Skype not working. telling me that I have no Internet connection. I deleted app and added again, still not working.

Facebook is not showing my stuff in the HUB when I receive them. Did same thing and didn't work either...

Please help!!

Posted via CB10
    You need to make sure your Skype is the preview type that is offered in the first post of this thread. Delete your present Facebook and install that version of Skype. Initial start up takes a little time, but it does work fine after that.

As for Facebook not showing up in hub, make sure Facebook is set to give notifications. The place to check...Settings>Notifications then scroll down to the listing of apps. If Facebook doesn't show by name, hit the "other" selection option. Make sure setting to notify is turned "on".
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-08-13 12:11 PM
    So, since BlackBerry listened to disgruntled folks about the absence of the dark theme. I am hoping they listen to people who have a problem with that ridiculous android back bar. There is no way anyone with any sense could possibly think that is a good idea. There really should be a way to hide it or bring it up when necessary. Not a fan of that monstrosity. I really feel for the Q10 users. That thing is taking up valuable screen space.

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 and go1ndr like this.
    08-08-13 05:06 PM
    So, since BlackBerry listened to disgruntled folks about the absence of the dark theme. I am hoping they listen to people who have a problem with that ridiculous android back bar. There is no way anyone with any sense could possibly think that is a good idea. There really should be a way to hide it or bring it up when necessary. Not a fan of that monstrosity. I really feel for the Q10 users. That thing is taking up valuable screen space.

Posted via CB10
    before you had to swipe down from the top to get the bar and there was a pin where you can have it all the time. Dumb people apparently complained when the bar wasn't there.
    08-08-13 05:15 PM
    You know what I want added to os10. In the music player. Equalizer. !

Posted via CB10
    there is one free music player with equalizer, link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9zupsxy6e...33_Android.apk

since i use this one , and it works ,but have the screen issue with the bottom bar on my Q10 , any one try it on z10?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-08-13 06:07 PM
    You need to make sure your Skype is the preview type that is offered in the first post of this thread. Delete your present Facebook and install that version of Skype. Initial start up takes a little time, but it does work fine after that.

As for Facebook not showing up in hub, make sure Facebook is set to give notifications. The place to check...Settings>Notifications then scroll down to the listing of apps. If Facebook doesn't show by name, hit the "other" selection option. Make sure setting to notify is turned "on".
    If FB is sideloaded, it won't show up in the notifications. When you click on Facebook, it will instruct you to add an account. Sideloaded apps do not show up in the hub.
    Also, if running 810 you should load the android bar file for Skype that has "raider" in it. It works for the 810 runtime. I'll post the bar but not sure if it will show up. This is the only bar file I could get to work for Skype. I can't seem to post it but if someone tells me how I will. I have it.

Or you can Google "com.skype.raider_v3.2.0.6673" Here's the link to the apk file you can convert with apk2bar site. com.skype.raider-50469393-v3.2.0.6673 - Download - 4shared
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-08-13 06:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Amen! On a Q10, forget using something like Instagram. Impossible as it covers some of the command buttons. Still wouldn't give up the leak or the 810 runtime to get Instagram-LOL. We all hate the bar!!
    Crackberrykills and Mecca EL like this.
    08-08-13 06:13 PM
    before you had to swipe down from the top to get the bar and there was a pin where you can have it all the time. Dumb people apparently complained when the bar wasn't there.
    I know! That pin was an awesome idea. Why is BlackBerry taking away things that work? You cannot appeal to everyone by dumbing down a truly intuitive OS. If one cannot figure out a few simple swipes, then maybe BlackBerry 10 is not for you. The simple things are driving me batty. Ten point two is so very awesome, but surely, some of these so+called "here to stay" items like the Android back bar and eradication of the dark theme, get revisited by the time the official 10.2 drops. Surely.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-08-13 06:28 PM
    Amen! On a Q10, forget using something like Instagram. Impossible as it covers some of the command buttons. Still wouldn't give up the leak or the 810 runtime to get Instagram-LOL. We all hate the bar!!
    It really is in the way. All these outstanding features in 10.2, but that bar is just idiotic in its current state. It is still early in the game, so maybe that will change. I hope so, anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 06:31 PM
    It really is in the way. All these outstanding features in 10.2, but that bar is just idiotic in its current state. It is still early in the game, so maybe that will change. I hope so, anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I would think it would, but along with the change in updated OS's, comes the hassle of reloading all the sideloaded apps. And that is a pain! I finally turned the light on in my simple brain and used DDPB instead of the other loaders so that I could leave all the apps saved in plain site, so that with the next leak, I can just load them all at once. Before, lol, it used to be paper lists of the apps and having to re-download the bar files. So "duh" on my part-LOL! I know that Mecca and the guys are working on it and several other issues that we all have in common, so I'm patient as good things are coming.
    PS: Thanks for the "thanks and like"! Much appreciated!
    08-08-13 06:40 PM
    Can i sideload 810 runtime on stl1 running on 1047? Tq

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:14 PM
    I would think it would, but along with the change in updated OS's, comes the hassle of reloading all the sideloaded apps. And that is a pain! I finally turned the light on in my simple brain and used DDPB instead of the other loaders so that I could leave all the apps saved in plain site, so that with the next leak, I can just load them all at once. Before, lol, it used to be paper lists of the apps and having to re-download the bar files. So "duh" on my part-LOL! I know that Mecca and the guys are working on it and several other issues that we all have in common, so I'm patient as good things are coming.
    PS: Thanks for the "thanks and like"! Much appreciated!
    No problem. :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:36 PM
    I am not sure if I am just lucky, or what. I backed up my official Bell Canada OS, 10.1....once Link finally decided to cooperate.(I hate that program almost as much as Samsung Keis) I then autoloaded 1047, and signed into the device, email, facebook, etc, as was suggested on the leak thread. I then did a FULL restore, before I read that it would be better to do just a partial restore. At any rate, the Zed 10 runs FINE, with the ususal glitches mentioned before, but nothing more. I wonder if signing into facebook, emails, etc, helped. All my BBW apps restored fine, including SKYPE. My side loaded apps did not, but I did not expect them to. Now I will be playing with the google extensions method of side loading, for giggles. Again, Thanks to the leak team and Mecca EL.. YOU ROCK!
    Awesome!! Glad to hear you didn't have any issues with the restore. That unfortunately hasn't been the case for many that have restored the AppData files. Still recommend that someone adding the leak not restore AppData. When Mecca speaks I listen and he says DO NOT INSTALL APPDATA! LOL--He is the Master.
    Mecca EL and jakie55 like this.
    08-08-13 08:49 PM
    Awesome! Thanks so much. I use this app often to separate aritectural drawings from construction documents so that I can load individual pages on to my estimating software.

Rockin a New Z10
    You can do that? Oh I need to try that. Learned something new that you.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:53 PM
    Did some forum searching for Battery Guru and didn't see anything relating. Just recently installed 10.2.0.1047 and since that time the Battery Guru app is acting differently. It used to put up a banner when plugged in to USB or WALL CHARGER that was colored Red and Yellow depending on what you plugged it into. It is not showing that anylonger? I removed the app, restarted phone, re-installed the app and the behavior is the same. Has anybody else run into this?
    I believe Wo-wei has a work around for the battery guru cord bug.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:04 PM
    Ok so I was able to get Vine, Candy Crush, Instagram and PS touch working great after following the instructions Thanks again Mecca!! Like others I can't get the Netflix to show video only audio?? Is there any new bar file yet that works??
    Could you point me to the help on getting PS Touch working?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:23 PM
    For all those complaining about the black bar in the android player.... u so realize there is a "black" navigation bar at the bottom of most bb10 apps... cb10, bbm, twitter, contacts etc just to name a few....

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    08-08-13 09:27 PM
    I agree but os should be designed keeping in fact people will use android apps (feature provided by bb) I am talking about 10.1 with same apps I used on it. It gave me 10 hour.

Posted via CB10
    There is no OS in existence, that is purpose driven by the need to function for an application. That's not how it works. Apps are written with the purpose of complimenting the OS. If an app isn't written to be optimized, it isn't the OS fault.

OS10 is able to emulate the Android runtime system. It IS NOT the android OS. You porting an android app, with the expectation of it running perfectly on a BlackBerry device isn't realistic.
    Pdinos3, toobs623, go1ndr and 2 others like this.
    08-08-13 10:49 PM
    So far, I'm unable to get Waze working, in either the .1047 or .810 runtime. It loads as far as the "Accept terms" page, but after that it just sits there with the Android bar (back button only) at the bottom of the screen, which is otherwise black. Eventually I get a prompt, "Waze isn't responding. Do you want to close it? Wait / OK". I'll choose wait but the prompt comes back in a few minutes.
    This is the same behavior I'm seeing. Did you ever find out how to resolve/fix it?
    08-08-13 11:28 PM
    Is there a way to get rid of the BLACK BAR that is now pinned to all side loaded android apps...... Earlier we had an option to hide it which was much better.... this takes up unnecessary space....

NEED HELP
    08-08-13 11:47 PM
1,101 ... 3536373839 ...