I'm with verizon but the only time i have bad battery life is with wifi connected over night.
    08-05-13 03:19 PM
    Yup, my battery life has deteriorated.
    My phone has been idle, on my desk. This is the battery drain I'm getting while idle.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails OS 10.2.0.1047 battery life seems to be a little worse-uploadfromtaptalk1375733033462.jpg  
    08-05-13 04:04 PM
    My battery was awesome until today. I happend to carry my phone into work, where I can't get a signal. The device is warn and the battery is depleted significantly. I wonder if it is sucking battery to find a signal. WiFi is off. Seems like when it can find a signal, I don't have the issue.

Seems to be correlated somehow.

If this becomes "the norm" with this leak, I'll have to go back. Again, when outside of work (where it can find a tower), all seemed OK.
    08-05-13 04:14 PM
    My battery was awesome until today. I happend to carry my phone into work, where I can't get a signal. The device is warn and the battery is depleted significantly. I wonder if it is sucking battery to find a signal. WiFi is off. Seems like when it can find a signal, I don't have the issue.

If this becomes "the norm" with this leak, I'll have to go back. Again, when outside of work (where it can find a tower), all seemed OK.
    I experience the same. When the network is strong, doesn't matter if it's wifi or 3G, the battery lasts long. When coverage is bad, the phone seems to be searching and reconnecting all the time which asks a lot of energy.

This has been the same with all the OS's I used.

Z10 STL100-2 OS10.1.0.4687
    08-05-13 04:18 PM
    It's better than 810 so I really don't mind
    08-05-13 04:22 PM
    For the love of god, let the OS settle in. This topic about battery life right after a leak has been beaten to death.

Nothing new, it takes time for the OS to settle in and the battery to work its magic. Simple. Give it time.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-05-13 04:25 PM
    For the love of god, let the OS settle in. This topic about battery life right after a leak has been beaten to death.

Nothing new, it takes time for the OS to settle in and the battery to work its magic. Simple. Give it time.

Posted via CB10
    Disagree.

My previous leak had stellar battery life right from the night I installed it.

My experience is that this OS does seem to have a problem in less than optimal signal strength.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-13 04:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I don't believe in magic. I have 10.1.0.4687 for almost 2 weeks now. Battery life has been the same all the time: when network is strong: good battery, when network is weak: battery dies fast.

Z10 STL100-2 OS10.1.0.4687
    08-05-13 04:40 PM
    Installed 10.2 on a Z10

I reset mobile network settings back to HSPA+ and things appear to be as good as before. Great battery life.
    08-05-13 04:45 PM
    Hey folks... new report. It is by 15:45 arround here.. it means mi battery has completed almost 10 hours of continued service.. now it is below 40% and phone has not yet signed off as it did with previous 10.1 os.... isn't this gorgeous?
    OS 10.2.0.1047 battery life seems to be a little worse-img_00000586.png

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 04:50 PM
    I'd post images but seems I can't upload them for some reason, after selecting nothing happens...

Using it 2 full days and I think it got worse, will monitor usage the next days if everyone says it needs time to settle!

And to all guys who aren't tech savvy, if the signal is weak the radio module has to boost the power aka voltage / watts of itself and that leads to a faster battery drain with bad coverage or weak signal.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Okay first stop telling this guy he is wrong because he is not. There's a million and one things that the OS has to do on initial setup. Especially people with multiple emails with forever time frames, people with 5000 Facebook friends, etc.

Second, if you really want to test the OS/radio battery management then you should run standby tests. One on airplane mode, one on cellular, one wifi, one both. Compare and contrast!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 05:00 PM
    Has been good for me. Lasted around 17hrs, or a little more, on day1 after installing 10.2.
    What I have learnt after days on. 4543 was that Skype and all other Android apps always ran in background even when you logged out of them or closed then. Used Task Manager to check that. Plus my service provider ran out of 3G licence and so the device switched to other networks constantly. Manual setting to the other network helped battery as well. So, you might wanna kill all running android apps. And ignore if it's been suggested already. Haven't read through the pages here.
    OS 10.2.0.1047 battery life seems to be a little worse-img_00000003.png

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 05:15 PM
    I'm guessing mine is still "settling". Last night in "airplane mode" it died in about seven hours.
    Attachment 189329

Posted via CB10
    Mine did this too the first night after loading. Hasn't done it since.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 05:40 PM
    Same here! Sometimes even having trouble charging! I thought it was the charger and went and buy a new one.. still no luck. I like this feature too much to downgrade though. Smh

Posted via CB10 app on my Z10 Stl100-1 on 10.2.0.1047
    08-05-13 05:43 PM
    From 7am to 11pm: 25% left

Sync 1hour mail work and personal
    Sync twitter and facebook
    Mobile and wifi
    08-05-13 06:04 PM
    Sounds like a bad battery.
    No, it's not the battery.
    I had no battery problems while using 10.1
    08-05-13 08:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Almost 3 days is more than enough time. The battery still sucked after that time for me. I went back to 10.1 and the battery is/was immediately back to normal. No restore either. Fresh install just like with the leak.

Q10
    08-05-13 08:15 PM
    Android apps completely slaughter battery life, played candy crush for about 20 minutes lost roughly 20% of battery life with a drain of 6 watts.
    I installed 1047 about two days ago now, I would think the OS is settled and battery life is at least 4 hours a day less, that in a 16 hour time window (my normal usage according to battery guru) reduced it from 16 to 12 hours usable. Charging now at 4 Watts and bringing battery back from the death to usable in roughly 1 hour (PB charger). This build has a shorter battery life but I will perform a wipe tomorrow as I need access to the BES server to reinstate my activation, won't bother on-call staff with it.
    08-05-13 08:18 PM
    I have noticed that if now takes forever to charge my battery after 10.2 upgrade. Used to be an hour or two at most and this afternoon after four hours, it was still not fully charged.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:49 PM
    Battery life died in 4 hours, tourism killed my Z10 super fast. GPS + maps + sunny day bright LCD + data usage for browsing + photos + video capture = ultimate battery life stress tester. Zero android apps, used google maps on my android phone.

Still needs some optimization, I had a hard time getting a network signal near the USA and Canada border while my android phone with the same sim had zero problem.
    08-05-13 09:56 PM

When I'm in the house on wifi, awesome battery life. Today, I was out and about all day and while the battery is making it from full charge in the AM (8:00 AM) til now (9:00 PM), it's down to 8%. On wifi, I get over 24 hours when it might be around 20 - 25% My usage is almost identical in and out of the house. My experience is that being on wifi is much better, while on 4g LTE, not as good. VZW stl-4.
    08-05-13 10:05 PM
    Well weak or no signal of course the phone will keep trying and it will try to boost power to radio to get a signal. Isnt this what we want? Unfortunately it does use battery.
    08-05-13 10:38 PM
    ...Music player was also in active frame mode, paused on a song, and it was eating .3% CPU which is not great for standby battery life...
    Average battery life... as always.
    Nothing special here, sorry.

PS: 3% for just an stand by app? Holy sh*t...
    08-05-13 10:50 PM
    it's much worse than 10.1.4xxxx

after failed to get the 810 android player working, I uninstalled most useless system apps like vocie contral, help,bb map and even the android player.
    last night, before I went to bed, I set it to air plane mode and put one cpu core off line in escreen.

status like that still takse 5% for 10 hours stand by, on 4xxx, the battery cost for one night air plane mode is only 3% with a full system.
    08-05-13 11:03 PM
112 12345