08-02-13 11:40 PM
1,042 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    anyone have an older version of appworld? my populated list wont show up, and i cant even download an app or an update.
    Older? Try this.

sys.appworld-4.4.0.34.bar (1.9 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!OUFw3JiQ!MQoJcz...EnbyYcx118JSr4
    07-22-13 11:49 PM
    I must be blind. So now there is a forever option for emails? If so, where is the setting? I see it for my activesync account but not Gmail or yahoo.

Posted via CB10
    I found that this option sometimes was only in the "advanced" settings during the *first* time you setup up your e-mail.

'solved this by deleting the account and selecting the option from the beginning (it's near the bottom when you hit advanced, after typing in your password).

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:23 AM
    When I first had all my issues w/ Link, I wondered if it was the old DTM that'd been installed for ages. So I uninstalled both from the "Add/Remove Program" module in the Control Panel, re-booted and then re-installed Link (1.1.1.32). Then as I was trolling round the Task Manager, I noticed a couple of threads that seemed to be from DTM. Going back into "Add/Remove" showed there were DTM drivers installed. I had thought they were low level drivers there to maintain some connectivity. So I left it alone, and continued my epic battle w/ Link, trying to get the sync working, ascertaining which folders both on PC & Q10 were the "linked" folders that I needed to pay attention to, as I was attempting to keep all personal data on my 64Gb SanDisk.

I eventually figured out why docs, pix etc synced fine but not music. I tried various folder locations etc. At this point, I should mentioned my music collection, small by many standards at about 38Gb, has been collected since 1997 - anyone remember winamp? Heck, one of my principal reasons for hatting Apple is iTunes. Wifey bought me a limited edition US iPod back in '03, and it must've taken me a good 75hrs to rename, re-org, and and coordinate my mp3s.

Anyway, I digress, b/c I eventually found that Link uses "music library databases" to "sync" - as in it needs either ITunes or Media Player installed. So once I copied my 38Gb mp3 collection to my PC, opened WMP, and let it do it's thing, all of a sudden, Link/Q10 recognized it all and then spent the next two hours transferring said 38Gb over a USB 2.0 pipe.

My two cents - Link still needs a lot of improvement , as well as a plethora of other apps & modules in BB10, but that's part of what a new OS is about.

For instance one thing that utterly baffles and amuses me, is how amazing the photo app is, with full photoshop like functions for white balance, saturation, cropping etc, but the music player doesn't even have an equalizer. Seriously? hahaha
    "It really whips the lama's ***" (first version of the audio trademark didn't have the "baahhhh")

Posted via CB10
    in_loco_nomen and wobly like this.
    07-23-13 12:26 AM
    I found that this option sometimes was only in the "advanced" settings during the *first* time you setup up your e-mail.

'solved this by deleting the account and selecting the option from the beginning (it's near the bottom when you hit advanced, after typing in your password).

There is a simple and consistent answer to this since BB10 was released. IMAP email accounts have never had a "sync timeframe" setting accessible from the advanced setup screen after account creation on the device. That only appears on EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) accounts.

IMAP has a setting called "Initial Retrieval Amount", which is only available when the account is first created. Thus, re-creating the account provides access to that, one-time only.
    07-23-13 12:41 AM
    really happy with this build. battery life is fantastic as of now
    07-23-13 12:41 AM
    I'm so now I have another problem. I deleted and re added the fb app and now I have two Facebook entries in the Hub. How do I get rid of one?

Posted via CB10
    Delete both. Reboot then when it's gone from the hub install again

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4651
    07-23-13 12:42 AM
    I dunno how I managed to do this but it happened when swiping from the hub to the active frames!

Anybody else had this?

Edit: Damn can't upload picture somehow!

The active frames are smaller then usal and I could scroll up and down while seeing more frames then when they are original sized.
    even adding more frames made them as small as the others

sent via a LTE capable calculator
    07-23-13 02:34 AM
    So far this build seems a little snappier than the att 10.1 build. Battery life also seems a little bit better although I could never really complain. Also no issues so far that I can see.

Posted via CB10
    BoyAndroid likes this.
    07-23-13 03:57 AM
    There is a simple and consistent answer to this since BB10 was released. IMAP email accounts have never had a "sync timeframe" setting accessible from the advanced setup screen after account creation on the device. That only appears on EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) accounts.

IMAP has a setting called "Initial Retrieval Amount", which is only available when the account is first created. Thus, re-creating the account provides access to that, one-time only.
    'learn somethun everyday

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 04:03 AM
    Okay , but is it still getting hot very quickly after each usage ? From my perspective , being on Orange Romania with
    ''Update 10.1.0.2312
    I have a little lag on menus but battery seems ok and doesn't heat up the phone . On 4633 my z10 got very hot very fast , regardless of what I did. Would it be cuz of the radio version ? If so plz post here your results . Also , when upgrading from official to latest leak 4651 do you get software info in OS - Settings and Boot Tim info under Hardware - Settings ?
    Firstly, I have to say that I have never experienced any heating problems on my Q10. From what I know, I'm pretty sure that the heating problems appear on both the z10 and the q10, however no matter what os and radio I have had (official orange and several leaks) my phone was ok.
    And to answer your second question, I do not have the boot time information in setting, unfortunently .

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 04:10 AM
    Delete both. Reboot then when it's gone from the hub install again

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4651
    Can't. There is only one fb in accounts section in settings. I've deleted that and turned off in hub and deleted the app and reinstalled and set everything up and still get two icons for fb in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 05:58 AM
    It took a security wipe when I had that problem on an earlier build.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 07:57 AM
    Downloading and installing to my Z10 shortly....

This means I will have to switch to my Z10 for the next couple of days to try this out. my poor Q10 will get so lonely...
    Damn phone nerdiness!!!
    07-23-13 08:10 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that the phone runs warmer on this release? I was on 2354 previously and it'd get to maybe 88-90F with normal use (text, email, fb, etc) but on this one it seems that run in the 80s even when idle. With 2354 it was 72-74 while idle.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:12 AM
    Can you expand on that please?

I follow BB10 email issues closely, the only email formatting issues I am aware of are/were related to line-ending character issues and timezone offset issues, neither of which is an issue from what I can tell on most of the recent .4xxx releases.
    Interesting. I'm surprised that you haven't found that others have also seen formatting issues.

Searching and multiquoting from CB10 is not going to happen, so I'll leave that to someone who might oblige.

Essentially, when opening a given email, the whole line is not visible, possibly due to the reader incorrectly displaying HTML messages. Text only emails are shown correctly.

It's an issue for me.

Z10-4 .4651 via CB10
    07-23-13 08:19 AM
    Just flashed 1917 radio on my stl2 let's see if I can get better than 7 hours moderate use like I used to on 2354

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:21 AM
    There are at least 3 known aspects of the BB10 Android runtime that could cause performance issues, I suspect you know most of these but in case you don't:

1. Runtime is Android v2.3.3, aka Gingerbread
    2. Does not use more than one core of a multi-core CPU
    3. Does not have any support for video hardware acceleration

Those will all change when 10.2 is released, supposedly.
    That's not where the issue comes from.

The same apps that do this run fine on a Gingerbread device that doesn't have hardware acceleration and only has one core of less performance that the Zed.
    07-23-13 08:23 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that the phone runs warmer on this release? I was on 2354 previously and it'd get to maybe 88-90F with normal use (text, email, fb, etc) but on this one it seems that run in the 80s even when idle. With 2354 it was 72-74 while idle.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I was really hoping this would improve with later versions...my Z10 gets hot sometimes when idle or directly after use and the battery takes a huge dive. This has happened with multiple leaks. I was really hoping that this wouldn't continue to be an issue forever. 10.2, where are you?

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    07-23-13 08:26 AM
    Just tried resetting and it didn't work. I also did what you stated above And still didn't populate my installed apps.

I should have stayed with the 10.2 leak...it worked pretty well for me with good battery life. Guess I'll be stuck with this for a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    Refresh and it should repopulate. Happened with me.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:39 AM
    Hmm I was really hoping this would improve with later versions...my Z10 gets hot sometimes when idle or directly after use and the battery takes a huge dive. This has happened with multiple leaks. I was really hoping that this wouldn't continue to be an issue forever. 10.2, where are you?

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    I can't comment on battery life yet since today is only my second full day but the phone definitely runs warmer than with previous releases I've used.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:40 AM
    I think it's ok . However:
    1. It doesn't matter what Q10 version you have; differences are present only at the Z10.
    I would also suggest to turn off the phone after completing all the steps (when it is in its final state, it works as it should), remove the battery, reinsert it and turn off. This 10th is recommended to be done after 2-3 hours of using the phone.
    Many people state that it doesn't matter very much, but for me I've seen battery improvements after this.

Posted via CB10
    What about the next day? LOL
    07-23-13 08:46 AM
    The only other thing I would recommend is to have a failover option for restoring data in the event Link hates you as much as it hates me. Can I blame your mother-in-law for that too? (That made me )
    Ya, let's NOT even go into that, LOL. Sachesi wouldn't run on my office PC. Figured there might be some issues as the IT policy here is ridonkulous - AND some brain surgeon thought Office 365 would be a good idea, so I'm still wrestling with that! Beyond my comprehension. Thank god theI hacked and gave myself Administrator Privileges on my login
    07-23-13 08:50 AM
    So I steeled myself and took the plunge last night. Don't anyone yawn too hard

4651 seems fine, had no issues on the load. Smooth as butta! Back-up restored fine, though one curious thing is that it refused to restore itself w/o my micro SD in place.....even tho I took out the card b4 I backed up that last time. No matter, I'm up and connected fully to firm's email, and server, so it's allll good.

Do feel somewhat sheepish 'bout all my earlier posts, b/c this really was trouble free - took a little over 90mins all told. I'll credit all the jedi's on this forum, whose posts/threads were read in detail by me many times.

Will continue to monitor and post any anomalies, but about 12hrs in, and nothing's blown up on me.

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. V10.1.0.4651
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-23-13 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    So far I haven't noticed warmer idle temperatures but I haven't been paying much attention to it, I just tend to notice how warm the phone feels. I will pay attention today and see how the temperature is, when I last checked it was at 82 F while idle on my office wifi.

Update - Just received an email on the Z and checked the temperature, sitting at 75F.
    Last edited by jwarman; 07-23-13 at 09:33 AM.
    07-23-13 09:08 AM
    Would anyone please extract the browser bar from this build and post it?
    07-23-13 09:25 AM
1,042 ... 3435363738 ...