08-02-13 10:40 PM
1,042 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    @Joewaked: if you do decide to wipe, don't worry if takes too long. When I wiped the phone I was worried that I had done something wrong since it took forever to wipe. Just sit back and let it work.

White Z10 Verizon 10.1.0.1483
    joewaked likes this.
    07-22-13 06:11 PM
    A heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped this newbie today in installing his first OS update! You guys are awesome.
    jwarman likes this.
    07-22-13 06:14 PM
    2nd reboot in 2 days after closing notepad.

Again this is the first OS I had that is doing this since Feb and the boot time is so quick it didn't even bother me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4651
    07-22-13 06:16 PM
    Adam - everything in one's life is determined by the choices one makes. The tough part is seeing that connection.

Of course when the causality loop is instantaneous, say like when someone decides to stick his hand in a wood chipper, well, that's more easily discernible. The real trick is seeing the causal link over say a decade or a couple of lifetimes...but trust me folks it is ALWAYS there.

Now with that bit of utterly useless ruminating, I'ma go brink my Q10 w/ MY FIRST EVER Leaked OS flash/load.

Wish me luck guys.
    07-22-13 06:24 PM
    2nd reboot in 2 days after closing notepad.

Again this is the first OS I had that is doing this since Feb and the boot time is so quick it didn't even bother me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4651
    I have had 3 while idle lately. I think I will wait another day or two to see if they continue. If they do I am going to try reloading the OS and do a wipe after the load, which I didn't do this time. I had reboots fairly regularly, especially at night on the charger, until I load 10.1.0.2354. I have a STL100-4 so they were common on earlier OS releases.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:59 PM
    A heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped this newbie today in installing his first OS update! You guys are awesome.
    Glad everything went well for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:00 PM
    Per Blackberry...this update should be out for Verizon this week.
    Source?

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-22-13 07:20 PM
    Just installed the leak on my Verizon Z10. Thanks for all the tips in this thread, especially Mecca for posting the leak.
    Things seem fine so far...will report back if I find any issues. So far so good. Thanks!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-22-13 07:34 PM
    Yeah the annoying FB notification works, I have all notifications turned off and I still get them

Posted via CB10
    I'm the opposite. I've got everything turned on and I get nothing. I just deleted and reinstalled and hope that works.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:38 PM
    Battery drain problem on my zee...
    And some sites mobile keep direct to full version even we've set the browser to open mobile . anyone have same problem?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:47 PM
    Quick question. Does blackberry protect work with this leak? My on button is grayed out.

Power by BlackBerry Z10. Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 08:55 PM
    Do you have encryption on?

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-22-13 08:56 PM
    Try resetting app world - settings then one of the options.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried that and didn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:00 PM
    Quick question. Does blackberry protect work with this leak? My on button is grayed out.

It works, not grayed out for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:01 PM
    I had the same thing happen when loading this OS, my available apps list was empty. I did a search for one of the apps I had previously had installed, Battery Guru, and installed it. After I started the download and install of Battery Guru my available apps listed populated. Did DeltevCM suggestion work? If not try what I did.
    Just tried resetting and it didn't work. I also did what you stated above And still didn't populate my installed apps.

I should have stayed with the 10.2 leak...it worked pretty well for me with good battery life. Guess I'll be stuck with this for a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:05 PM
    I think he must be referring to "Blackberry Device Manager 7.1". I assume that is from legacy Desktop Manager.

Funny thing is, I actually have BB Link 1.1.1.32 installed on this Win7/64 machine, AND the legacy DM, and even then DM didn't apparently install that device manager piece, because it doesn't exist on here. It did install "Blackberry Device Software Updater 7.1.0.34".
    When I first had all my issues w/ Link, I wondered if it was the old DTM that'd been installed for ages. So I uninstalled both from the "Add/Remove Program" module in the Control Panel, re-booted and then re-installed Link (1.1.1.32). Then as I was trolling round the Task Manager, I noticed a couple of threads that seemed to be from DTM. Going back into "Add/Remove" showed there were DTM drivers installed. I had thought they were low level drivers there to maintain some connectivity. So I left it alone, and continued my epic battle w/ Link, trying to get the sync working, ascertaining which folders both on PC & Q10 were the "linked" folders that I needed to pay attention to, as I was attempting to keep all personal data on my 64Gb SanDisk.

I eventually figured out why docs, pix etc synced fine but not music. I tried various folder locations etc. At this point, I should mentioned my music collection, small by many standards at about 38Gb, has been collected since 1997 - anyone remember winamp? Heck, one of my principal reasons for hatting Apple is iTunes. Wifey bought me a limited edition US iPod back in '03, and it must've taken me a good 75hrs to rename, re-org, and and coordinate my mp3s.

Anyway, I digress, b/c I eventually found that Link uses "music library databases" to "sync" - as in it needs either ITunes or Media Player installed. So once I copied my 38Gb mp3 collection to my PC, opened WMP, and let it do it's thing, all of a sudden, Link/Q10 recognized it all and then spent the next two hours transferring said 38Gb over a USB 2.0 pipe.

My two cents - Link still needs a lot of improvement , as well as a plethora of other apps & modules in BB10, but that's part of what a new OS is about.

For instance one thing that utterly baffles and amuses me, is how amazing the photo app is, with full photoshop like functions for white balance, saturation, cropping etc, but the music player doesn't even have an equalizer. Seriously? hahaha
    07-22-13 09:08 PM
    It works, not grayed out for me.

Posted via CB10
    My bad I did just did a battery pull and it is working fine now. Thanks

07-22-13 09:16 PM
    Just tried resetting and it didn't work. I also did what you stated above And still didn't populate my installed apps.

I should have stayed with the 10.2 leak...it worked pretty well for me with good battery life. Guess I'll be stuck with this for a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    You can always go back to 10.2

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-22-13 09:19 PM
    WinAmp rules. Version 2.8

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:29 PM
    I'm the opposite. I've got everything turned on and I get nothing. I just deleted and reinstalled and hope that works.

Posted via CB10
    I'm so now I have another problem. I deleted and re added the fb app and now I have two Facebook entries in the Hub. How do I get rid of one?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that neither of the options suggested worked for you to get you available App list to repopulate. Hopefully somebody else who has experienced the same thing and fixed can weigh in. Good luck.
    07-22-13 09:34 PM
    Email is still incorrectly formatted.

Can you expand on that please?

I follow BB10 email issues closely, the only email formatting issues I am aware of are/were related to line-ending character issues and timezone offset issues, neither of which is an issue from what I can tell on most of the recent .4xxx releases.
    07-22-13 10:40 PM
    4. Android player is faster than some previous versions. The differences are pretty striking in terms of startup time. However, there are still Android apps that run fine on an Android device but are "stuttery" on the player. This is one thing that BlackBerry needs to put some effort into -- to understand what it is in the code for (as an example) Bloomberg's news app that causes this, because the apps that have this issue have a much-poorer user experience.

There are at least 3 known aspects of the BB10 Android runtime that could cause performance issues, I suspect you know most of these but in case you don't:

1. Runtime is Android v2.3.3, aka Gingerbread
    2. Does not use more than one core of a multi-core CPU
    3. Does not have any support for video hardware acceleration

Those will all change when 10.2 is released, supposedly.
    07-22-13 10:43 PM
    I located which link was correct. I downloaded it from Mega on Opera. I had some problems with Moville, and then I saw a post where Mecca said he used Opera (which I have on my pc) so I tried it there. Followed the steps in the first post, but when I went to run the .exe a message popped up saying that the Application wasn't actually a win32 application.

Apparently Mega uses code in their download pages that prefers the Google Chrome web browser. The traditional Opera web browser has nothing in common with Chrome, so that probably won't work the same way. Opera's new (barely out of beta) browser version (otherwise known as Opera Next, or Opera 12.50 and above) uses the same rendering engine that Chrome does, so my guess is that if you want to download from Mega, it will probably work more smoothly if you use either Chrome, "Opera Next" or one of the other Google Chrome offshoots like Chromium or Iron.
    07-22-13 10:45 PM
    anyone have an older version of appworld? my populated list wont show up, and i cant even download an app or an update.
    07-22-13 10:45 PM
1,042 ... 3334353637 ...