08-02-13 10:40 PM
1,042 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Noted and understood, thanks Adam. So to re-cap....

1. Identify Q10 Model #, and installed OS
    2. Set phone on airplace mode
    3. Connect phone, via USB, run FULL Backup with LINK (v1.1).
    4. Unpack rar, and run exe.
    5. Disconnect phone, wait for welcome screen, then go thru complete setup W/O BlackBerry World Pin.
    7. Run security wipe.
    8. Rebootm
    9. Battery Pull, and hard reboot.
    9. Restore back up fr Link.

Can someone (thurask/kris/wu-weu/darcy/adam) tell me if this is correct, please?

Again, patience w noobie most appreciated. Anytime any of y'all in NYC, drinks on moi!!

TS

Typed on a real keyboard.....SQN100-2 v10.1.0.2038
    The only other thing I would recommend is to have a failover option for restoring data in the event Link hates you as much as it hates me. Can I blame your mother-in-law for that too? (That made me )
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-20-13 09:27 AM
    I'm with you here. 2354 has been the perfect release for me as well. Plus I have loaded all the bars for best camera, BBM + channel, multi alarm clock, and apps and I'm to lazy to redo it all lol.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. 2354 w/1881 radio.

Going to watch and read some more. MR-1 is out there. Just a matter of time now.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-20-13 09:33 AM
    Installed yesterday same drill as I have done every other time and had no RFA. BB Link kept telling me there were no devices running BB10 associated with my BB ID. Tried a bunch of trouble shooting and reinstall of BB Link etc...yesterday to no avail. This morning I wiped the phone, removed BB Link (again). Rebooted everything and then reinstalled BB Link (which I had done several times already) and low and behold, once I signed into BB ID on Link this time it found my phone. Same procedure I have done before, not sure why the different this time?

Although I do have one thought, and I can't swear this had any effect but perhaps???

After installing this new leak yesterday, once the phone powered up and finished the tutorial, etc....I am almost positive I went into settings and "named" the device (same name I had been previously using). This morning I did not do that? I have no idea if that was what helped BB Link with associating the phone? But when I plugged the phone (without changing the name) into BB Link, it asked me what I wanted to name it; used the same name as before, and low and behold Link associated it with my BB ID and RFA seems to be working, at least from my work PC. I will have to go home and fire up the PC there and see if it started working as it was 'broke' also.

May or may not have anything to do with the issue some are facing getting RFA to work on this release, but thought I would share just in case. Might be worth a try.

P.S. Had this leak running all day yesterday and aside from the RFA issue, have not had any problems whatsoever. And as a side note, was at an outside event yesterday late afternoon/evening and had good 4GLTE coverage and my battery life yesterday was absolutely AMAZING as compared to every build I have tried before. I forgot to plug the phone in when I got home last night at midnight, woke up at about 4:00am, plugged the phone in then but still had lots of battery left.

Running this leak on a Verizon Z10 STL100-4
    07-20-13 09:36 AM
    Nice mixup of Phill_UK and pili4.

Maybe you know something the rest of us don't?

Ha Ha

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-20-13 09:38 AM
    I'm with you here. 2354 has been the perfect release for me as well. Plus I have loaded all the bars for best camera, BBM + channel, multi alarm clock, and apps and I'm to lazy to redo it all lol.

Posted via CB10
    What .bars are those? Curious as I want to try some as well
    07-20-13 10:01 AM
    Popped my cherry. So far so good, we'll see how the battery is today.

No issues with install and set up of my device

Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4651

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB and Mecca EL like this.
    07-20-13 10:03 AM
    This leak made my ham and cheese sandwich taste better.

Delicious.

Thank you to all for the leaks!!!
    07-20-13 10:05 AM
    I have a same problem

Posted via CB10
    Went back to 2354 and problem is solved. I can see that the logo comes off for a second then comes back immediately. In the 10.1.0.4xxx the logo ain't coming back as fast or not at all until I turn off/on the data service option.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 10:11 AM
    Ok so far it seems stable and apps working etc. Right? But i only concern about the battery. How is that one doing in compare with first 10.1.0.2354

Posted via CB10
    Blows away 10.1.0.2354 In battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and whatsever like this.
    07-20-13 10:38 AM
    What .bars are those? Curious as I want to try some as well
    10_2 Camera Bar, sys.bbm bar (BB beta zone), clock_11.19.0 from 10.2.0.93. the bars can be found in the forum under
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...alarms-816491/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-files-816609/ (camera works)
    07-20-13 11:08 AM
    i can do this every week! update for the better BB experience! Thanks!!!!!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-20-13 11:10 AM
    My z10 doesn't automatically shut down in this built when its battery level is at 4%.
    07-20-13 11:11 AM
    What's the passwords

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 11:29 AM
    What's the passwords
    Um.....what passwords?
    jonassabatini likes this.
    07-20-13 11:38 AM
    What's the passwords

Posted via CB10
    swordfish

Just kidding. Click the link. Don't copy it.
    07-20-13 11:40 AM
    Regarding the Remote File Access, I had the problem with this build on both of my computers. But I seem to have fixed one of them by

1. removing the device from the link
    2. sign out on the link
    3. sign in on the link again

After that I am able to see my files on this computer from my Z10... trying the same sequence on the other computer now.

Edit: I tried this remotely on the 2nd computer and wasn't able to remove the device from the link because it requires me connecting Z10 to the computer, but it turns out that I don't need the first step!

Now this build is perfect!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-20-13 11:41 AM
    Hey, everyone !
    If someone would be kind enough, could you please explain me what "wifi calling" means? What does it do? Is it available only to some network providers or countries ? I tried to find this feature on my Q10 from Orange Romnia, but I was unsuccesful.
    Thank you in advance.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 11:46 AM
    When I go to unzip the file it asks me for a password

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 11:47 AM
    swordfish

Just kidding. Click the link. Don't copy it.
    Oh, the hydra...

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-20-13 11:48 AM
    When I go to unzip the file it asks me for a password

Posted via CB10
    Not on any of the files Mecca posted.
    07-20-13 11:54 AM
    This leak is telling us that the MR is almost here, it's knocking at the door!!)

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 12:03 PM
    Just popped my leak-installation-cherry last night. Everything is good so far. I haven't installed a leak on a bb10 device before and had .273 since Thor announced it on stage. I am an intermediate pc user, however this process was pretty easy to follow. Here were my steps:

1. Read all Mecca EL's posts. Everything I needed was in this thread, I took some pre-installation time to quickly scan through about 8 or 9 pages, and I was ready to go. Steps 5 & 6 definitely helped. Thanks Mecca EL for this leak and answering so many questions in this thread. It was incredibly helpful.

2. Clicked the Mega link provided, and imported it to my Mega account. Downloaded from there without any stalling on Firefox, had the file in under 10 minutes. Also downloaded the BBM channels installer plus copies of all my .bar files to sideload after.

3. Plugged in my Z10, and backed it up.

4. Opened OS installation package, and ran it while the Z10 was plugged in. Everything went smooth. Watched the lightening storm from the window (in Toronto), and listened to John Mayer in the mean time.

5. Went through the initial set up screens on the Z10, then immediately proceeded to use Sachesi to do a device wipe.

6. Booted up phone, went through initial set up screens again. Sideloaded android apps BEFORE doing a restore.

7. Restored Z10 data. More lightening storms at the window, and this time listening to Daft Punk - RAM.

8. Organized folders, entered my passwords for accounts, and went to bed - allowing the OS to "settle".

Woke up this morning and the phone has been great. No reboots, nor have I intentionally rebooted the phone.

Text messages do not get backed up. I'm on Virgin Mobile in Toronto, and I don't know about visual voicemail or wifi calling (I don't think Virgin offers this).

Cheers.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-20-13 12:06 PM
    Morning report on 4651:
    I have loaded the 10.2 camera but not the alarm clock as the latter caused previous versions to go into "never sleep all the way" mode and triple standby battery life. 10.2 camera has focus lock which I really like, incidentally. I may go rooting around in this version and grab the alarm clock bar out -- then try the 10.2 one on this load and see if it will cooperate without driving battery consumption through the roof.
    I hadn't heard this before about using the clock from 10.2. Has anyone else experienced the 10.2 clock not letting the phone idle properly and using more battery?
    07-20-13 12:37 PM
    I hadn't heard this before about using the clock from 10.2. Has anyone else experienced the 10.2 clock not letting the phone idle properly and using more battery?
    not for me, on 2354 nor 4633. Idle power usage looks normal on battery guru
    07-20-13 12:48 PM
    Hey, everyone !
    If someone would be kind enough, could you please explain me what "wifi calling" means? What does it do? Is it available only to some network providers or countries ? I tried to find this feature on my Q10 from Orange Romnia, but I was unsuccesful.
    Thank you in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Wifi calling is a way of making phone calls through wifi instead of regular cell towers. It has to be supported by your carrier. I think that it is supported only by carriers in the Americas.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 12:52 PM
1,042 ... 2425262728 ...