08-02-13 10:40 PM
1,042 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    RFA is working fine for me with no special anything. WiFi calling remains non-func.

HOWEVER, I have a complaint and it's a big one. Battery drain on WiFi while in standby is excellent -- almost zero. HOWEVER, on the cellular network it's quite high -- 0.3W or so. That's unacceptable.

I'm going to try flashing down the radio only from the previous 4xxx leak and see what happens..... but beware that for a sleeping device your power drain may only be good on WiFi connectivity -- and not so good when on Cell.
    07-19-13 04:58 PM
    At your own risk ladies and gentlemen...

com.evernote-1.0.0.214.bar (1.1 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!kd4RHC4R!N0cq-x...brJSCdWDox_E3s

com.evernote-1.0.0.167.bar (930 KB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!lVpmHR5C!ZN7pqD...-WTEnmCc6QKdMc
    com.evernote-1.0.0.214.bar: won't install, gives "failure 880 META-INF/RDK.SF: SHA-512-Digest-Manifest mismatch"

1.0.0.167 installs, its having trouble syncing notes, I've rebooted and now letting it spin for a while to see if it loads any existing notes.
    sclift likes this.
    07-19-13 04:59 PM
    RFA is working fine for me with no special anything. WiFi calling remains non-func.

HOWEVER, I have a complaint and it's a big one. Battery drain on WiFi while in standby is excellent -- almost zero. HOWEVER, on the cellular network it's quite high -- 0.3W or so. That's unacceptable.

I'm going to try flashing down the radio only from the previous 4xxx leak and see what happens..... but beware that for a sleeping device your power drain may only be good on WiFi connectivity -- and not so good when on Cell.
    The drain on the mobile network comes fr.interactiona via data - e.g. IMAP and other updates (twitter, linkedin?).
    I don't know which exactly contribute, but they are regular spikes that are only present with a data connection.

WiFi is just more energy efficient there. No way around I'm afraid.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 05:04 PM
    No, not the spikes -- those I expect.

I'm talking about completely-idle draw.

But there's a twist. Some more testing has found that the phone will idle at 0.1w if you are on 4G LTE! If you're on HSPA+ or EDGE, it's three times higher (!!)

Hmmm.....

And yes, I can reproduce this -- reliably.

I may play with the other radio file from 4537 and see if that is better or worse.

Ok.... looks like this is something with the local network config from T-Mobile here. They were jacking with LTE last weekend and it appears they're doing it again, causing very rapid reselect behavior. I loaded up another device I have that can look at that and it's coming from there.

May be a false alarm.... have to wait to know until they cut that out.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 07-19-13 at 05:24 PM.
    07-19-13 05:13 PM
    No, not the spikes -- those I expect.

I'm talking about completely-idle draw.

But there's a twist. Some more testing has found that the phone will idle at 0.1w if you are on 4G LTE! If you're on HSPA+ or EDGE, it's three times higher (!!)

Hmmm.....

And yes, I can reproduce this -- reliably.

I may play with the other radio file from 4537 and see if that is better or worse.
    Hmm. No 4G for me - doesn't exit and if it comes it will cost extra for minimal benefit...

I might need to test it at some point...
    (Most of my idle time i am on wifi)

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 05:18 PM
    This leak seems to be a downgrade for me. I have 4543 on there before. Battery drain is high. WiFi/LTE issues that were on 2342 returned. It is SLOOOOOOW. Web pages often won't load at all or take a very long time. If WiFi is on but no signal connected then it loses connection to the internet. Have to turn WiFi off and then HOPE that AT&T LTE will do it.

I did this like the others. Backup, install from the downloaded exe. Reboot. Then restore from backup. Then enter the passwords for all my email accounts.

I will now wipe it and install the 4543 again and restore from the same backup from yesterday.

What are the others finding.
    bluetroll likes this.
    07-19-13 05:35 PM
    Please let me know if the link is working for some and not for others (trying to gauge how much work needs to be done on this when I get home. Thanks!
    I think he just download but still not install yet I couldn't install it due to corrupt file

Cambodia CB 10
    07-19-13 06:08 PM
    So, I finally took a leap to download my first ever leak. Everything's working fine as of now. Will report how battery behaves in a day or 2.

BTW, can someone help me with the backup. I'm trying to restore from BB link but it won't restore

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 06:13 PM
    You may want to check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=829372, or you could try using xsacha's Sachesi app for the restore.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-19-13 06:21 PM
    Call display pictures continue to be in Low Resolution even if the photo is new and reset.

Blackberry Link does not detect the Remote File Sharing (it did in the last build)

Visual Voicemail is Missing well for Rogers Wireless owners for that matter.

I'm using a STL-3 / Z10

I always install leaks and so far the best leak seems to be .2354 the past three leaks have been flawed in certain areas. Not complaining just stating there havent been the best leaks recently. The best thing in here is Simple Password.
    Thanks. I've been reluctant to installing other leaks. 2354 has served me pretty well so I'm going to stick with it until 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    07-19-13 06:23 PM
    You may want to check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=829372, or you could try using xsacha's Sachesi app for the restore.
    Just did a restore with Sachesi app and it worked great!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 06:35 PM
    Installed + clock and camera bar of 10.2.

Report back. Seems to work fine but still lots of account downloading so will take a day probably...

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 06:38 PM
    Just did a restore with Sachesi app and it worked great!
    It definitely works well, when I upgraded to this leak I used Sachesi for both the backup and restore and didn't have any issues.

I also really like it for side loading, no developer mode required. Not sure how they were able to do it this way, it sure works well!
    07-19-13 06:42 PM

Installed this earlier today. Just goes to show what works for someone may be crap to someone else.

Edit: on WiFi from installation till 2:30pm, then to now on 4G (and currently on 4G.)

Verizon 4G LTE, Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.4651

OS 10.1.0.4651 for ALL DEVICES...-img_00000528.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and 00stryder like this.
    07-19-13 06:58 PM
    Is anyone else getting AMAZING battery life with this leak?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty impressive actually, now that you mention it. Took the phone off the charger at 7:30, maybe 8 AM. It's now a little past 8 PM and I'm at 65%. It's been a day of somewhat light usage in fairness, but I wouldn't expect it to do this well on any day frankly.
    Mecca EL and ezapper2 like this.
    07-19-13 07:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty impressive actually, now that you mention it. Took the phone off the charger at 7:30, maybe 8 AM. It's now a little past 8 PM and I'm at 65%. It's been a day of somewhat light usage in fairness, but I wouldn't expect it to do this well on any day frankly.
    I'm liking what I see so far.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 07:20 PM
    I agree. Better battery life. But my Z10 heats up for no reason sometimes! Especially when i restart my phone. Not sure why.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 07:25 PM
    I know I was shocked.. 7am to now.. Moderate usage (Work calls, a lot of emails, texts, web surfing and a few side loaded apps that use a lot of data... 54% at 8:29PM and I was on LTE all day.. No wifi.. AMAZING
    07-19-13 07:30 PM
    RFA works. Try shutting down your device, rebooting your PC, then power on your device.

Posted via CB10
    Two phones (Z10 and Q10), three computers (Windows and Mac) and no combination of them is working with RFA on this build. I've been through half a dozen 10.1 leaks and an official carrier build and this is the firsr time I have been unable to get RFA working.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 07:35 PM
    rider997, I'm quite amazed that you're having this issue with two devices and three computers. Many others, including me, haven't had any trouble with RFA on this build.
    Just to make sure, you did the security wipe after loading the OS? Try doing that, also remove the device from Link and log out of your BBID in Link. After the security wipe, hook it back up to Link, follow the steps to install as a new device, sign in to BBID when asked and see what happens.
    07-19-13 07:43 PM
    rider997, I'm quite amazed that you're having this issue with two devices and three computers. Many others, including me, haven't had any trouble with RFA on this build.
    Just to make sure, you did the security wipe after loading the OS? Try doing that, also remove the device from Link and log out of your BBID in Link. After the security wipe, hook it back up to Link, follow the steps to install as a new device, sign in to BBID when asked and see what happens.
    I am having the same issue with RFA but loving everything else on this leak... no rolling back here even if I can't get it working.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 08:01 PM
    I am having the same issue with RFA but loving everything else on this leak... no rolling back here even if I can't get it working.
    Yeah, I totally get that. Besides, the leaks are coming so rapidly so sometimes it's only a matter of days before you're loading another OS and getting another attempt at using RFA
    07-19-13 08:09 PM
    I just installed this leak on stl-1 and I must admit it is smooth and fast... will share battery life later

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 08:14 PM
    Same here batt was great! Mid usage reading cb, txting and surfing. Unplug 7am around 3pm still have 75% left.

STL 100-3 os 10.1.0.4651
    07-19-13 08:24 PM
1,042 ... 2021222324 ...