08-02-13 10:40 PM
1,042 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    I was using the last 4XXX leak 4633 and was having strange wifi issues with it.
    Did your WiFi drop out and refuse to find any available networks until you turned off and back on Wifi? That is the trouble I'm having with 4633.
    07-19-13 02:57 PM
    This is only the second leak i installed. On the first one that was part of the instructions. Backup, install, security wipe, setup, then battery pull.

That is why. Any step not correct?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:59 PM
    Evernote is implemented in the 10.2 OS maybe someone has a bar file, don't know if it works in 10.1 though

Posted via CB10
    Still not available to BB10 in 10.1 or below. You can side load from this bar file via Good E Reader: Evernote for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10, A10, Q5 & Q10 Apps and it works perfectly.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-19-13 03:08 PM
    Someone has a way to have the notification bar sms / bbm for 10.1.0.4651? (Q5)

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:11 PM
    Someone has a way to have the notification bar sms / bbm for 10.1.0.4651? (Q5)

Posted via CB10
    If I'm correct It will only work on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:12 PM
    Oh Okey

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:13 PM
    No problems thus far EXCEPT that I cannot connect to WiFi Calling on T-Mobile. Called them and they claim I'm provisioned correctly and (of course) that it's not supposed to work with the Zed. (Duh)

It gets an error connecting to that but I can shut that off.

Other than that this looks like a keeper. No problems yet, restore worked (coming from Official T-Mobile load), Remote File Access works, dropped the 10.2 camera on as usual and reloaded my sideloaded stuff without any drama.

The Android player appears to be much faster than the 2006 OS.

It took about an hour or so for the indexing and re-transfer of contacts to take place but once complete battery drain went back to normal (0.1W or less when idle)

Looks pretty good so far.
    This is the first leak that's had almost perfect wifi calling for me.

On the other hand, RFA is completely broken. Anything notable about your RFA setup?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:16 PM
    What your previous FW that you compare with this? 4633 or earlier?

Posted via CB10
    4633 and 4543

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4651
    07-19-13 03:29 PM
    This is the first leak that's had almost perfect wifi calling for me.

On the other hand, RFA is completely broken. Anything notable about your RFA setup?

Posted via CB10
    I assume RFA is Remote File Access? Works absolutely perfectly fine for me. And no, nothing special.

But this begs the question... why does it work for some and break for others...
    07-19-13 03:33 PM
    Has anyone figured out why custom ringtones continue to play/restart after phone goes into voice mail? Also the last two leaks I have tried as well as this one the battery meter shows 50% if I charge the phone wile it's off and boot it up, I have to reboot to fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. I assume you're not using a native ringtone, but rather one you loaded yourself. I too have noticed this on every build/leak I've installed. If you receive a call, and don't answer it or don't silence the ringtone, it will continue to ring after the call goes to VM. It won't continue indefinitely. What I've found is that the longer the ringtone, the longer the ring continues after VM has already picked up. Thus, very short ring tones, like those that are native to the device, or like those found on the older OS versions don't have this problem. You can try shortening your ringtone, using a native ringtone, or use one you download, but just choose one that is 2 - 3 seconds in length, at most.
    07-19-13 03:34 PM
    Man, i really hope another leak comes out before the end of day today...

This leak is stable but quite a few OS issues.
    Like what?
    Call display pictures continue to be in Low Resolution even if the photo is new and reset.

Blackberry Link does not detect the Remote File Sharing (it did in the last build)

Visual Voicemail is Missing well for Rogers Wireless owners for that matter.

I'm using a STL-3 / Z10

I always install leaks and so far the best leak seems to be .2354 the past three leaks have been flawed in certain areas. Not complaining just stating there havent been the best leaks recently. The best thing in here is Simple Password.
    BorisW likes this.
    07-19-13 03:52 PM
    Call display pictures continue to be in Low Resolution even if the photo is new and reset.

Blackberry Link does not detect the Remote File Sharing (it did in the last build)

Visual Voicemail is Missing well for Rogers Wireless owners for that matter.

I'm using a STL-3 / Z10

I always install leaks and so far the best leak seems to be .2354 the past three leaks have been flawed in certain areas. Not complaining just stating there havent been the best leaks recently. The best thing in here is Simple Password.

I have all my contacts saved on my google account. I have set everyone a picture (by uploading it on google via a pc) and after syncing all my contacts have a picture and it is a high-quality one (it looks really nice). So, I see that the problem appears only after setting a picture on the phone ?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:56 PM
    OK, first impression - trouble... it does not recognize I completed the setup... so I shall wipe and install again to see what happens.... grumble...

On a side note, I saw the "checking for udpates" screen again - I guess this means we are getting close to an official version, the previous 4xxx ones did not do that. The 2xxx did - I suspect this could be a "feature" of official OSes.
    Mine has done that a few times, just reboot the phone after completing setup whenever that warning pops up.

I see checking for updates after every wipe and/or OS installation along with a message later on informing me what OS I've updated to.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:56 PM
    Just out of curiosity is anyone that is currently running this leak (10.1.0.4651) having success getting BBLINK to work with Remote File Access. I was on 10.1.0.4543 and RFA was working pretty good actually, was having better luck with it than any previous OS I was using. However this morning I took the jump to 10.1.0.4651 and I can not get BBLINK to work with RFA.

On the BBLINK settings screen it shows no devices running BB10, when I hit refresh it keeps telling me there are no devices associated with my BBID that are running BB10. Link is recognizing the phone via USB as I used it to complete the restore and Link is also seeing it connect via Wi-Fi and it's syncing photos/videos via Wi-Fi, but refuses to setup the RFA portion.

Anybody have any thoughts? Comments? Fixes? Workarounds?

Thanks much!
    RFA works. Try shutting down your device, rebooting your PC, then power on your device.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:59 PM
    Thanks Mecca, looking forward to test this new version.
    I have done a few upgrades earlier without any problems, but I have never performed the security wipe as a part of the "backup/wipe/install/restore routine". Is this wipe important?
    Last edited by Weber_Hansen; 07-19-13 at 04:42 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-19-13 04:06 PM
    Google Drive link for STL 2,3,&4. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz0i...it?usp=sharing
    Thanks Pili; much better than Mega!
    07-19-13 04:07 PM
    Ok, I've been running this for a couple of days now, and battery life is horrible. I'm not a power user, so I shouldn't be running out of juice this fast. Should I be doing regular battery pulls like we did with legacy leaks and hybrids?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 04:12 PM
    Ok, I've been running this for a couple of days now, and battery life is horrible. I'm not a power user, so I shouldn't be running out of juice this fast. Should I be doing regular battery pulls like we did with legacy leaks and hybrids?

Posted via CB10
    Erm... you do realize this leak only became available yesterday, right? If you haven't done your security wipe, do it. If you have, give it a little more time and see what happens tomorrow
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-19-13 04:15 PM
    Has this one reverted to supporting VVM (Rogers), unlike the two leaks before it?
    No, I couldn't get it to work on my Rogers Z10STL100-3 . The notification didn't even work, it didn't inform me when u received voice mail.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 04:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ok, I've been running this for a couple of days now
    Yesterday, 02:13 PM
    Maybe time travel is affecting your battery.
    07-19-13 04:18 PM
    I have all my contacts saved on my google account. I have set everyone a picture (by uploading it on google via a pc) and after syncing all my contacts have a picture and it is a high-quality one (it looks really nice). So, I see that the problem appears only after setting a picture on the phone ?

Posted via CB10
    I guess so, I've never tried your Google method, sounds pretty good actually but still.. it should work either way. Last time I had HQ display pictures was in OS. 2354 so not sure what's up.

Not sure why remote file access is working for some and not for others. It's Def not working for me in THIS build I've tried everything.

Posted via CB10
    ioansuhov likes this.
    07-19-13 04:20 PM
    Thanks Pili; much better than Mega!
    Please let me know if the link is working for some and not for others (trying to gauge how much work needs to be done on this when I get home. Thanks!
    07-19-13 04:22 PM
    This is the best leak in the .4*** series
    And one of the best so far.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 04:27 PM
    Just curious, has anybody got a software release? I haven't

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 04:33 PM
    Lol, yeah most of yesterday and all of today, but batt has taken a nosedive

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 04:35 PM