08-02-13 10:40 PM
1,042 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    What's interesting is that according to BlackBerry themselves you should be able to use both on the same pc. For reference you can go here: KB33475-Support for BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Desktop Software on the same computer
    I'm not denying there might be people who do experience some kind of troubles, but the rootcause could just as well be any other piece of software installed. Anyhow, just wanted to point this out as I don't see BB remarking anywhere on this.
    I can't say anything for sure do to that Fact I'm really, really not knowledgeable about this stuff, any tech.

But I'm almost sure I read somewhere on the DM and Link on the same machine potential conflicts. I can't find it again. I'm sure it was from BB or CB but from blog on the site not in forums. Maybe in BlackBerry beta zone???

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:40 PM
    This is not the first build with that (I think it started with 10.1.0.4537 or so), but I agree it's a nice change.
    I think this is the first time I didn't do a restore off the bat. Perhaps this is why, I only saw it upon intial set up not editing the account.

But I am very excited! Work email will be as functional for me now as with the 9900!

Posted via CB10
    Duckman00 likes this.
    07-18-13 07:43 PM
    Uninstalled BBDM a little after that post. I was always checking off the box to delete settings. And I'm installing the latest version of Link, 1.1.1.32. However, I never used Revo, so I redid everything, using Revo to uninstall Link and delete any traces of it afterwards, then ran the installation again. This time, it didn't give me that weird error about being unable to remove the old version of Link - I suppose Revo removed some bits and pieces that I didn't get at earlier. Then I connected the Z10, started Link, signed into my BBID. But alas, no luck - they still don't detect each other.

Edit: Actually, a bit of progress - the Z10 sees the PC again. Link still doesn't see the Z10 as linked to my BBID however. Just to clarify, the USB connection has been working just fine all along, it's just that neither device was seeing something linked to my BBID (Z10 didn't see a PC linked to my BBID, Link didn't see a Z10).
    Link is possessed! I swear it is. That's some strange ish. One more question, what .NET versions are installed on your pc? Make sure you have all the latest 3 through 4.5 - I think, as well as the MS Visual c++.

I have a treat for you! I checked my Win8.1 system, and look what my phone installed...
    It was blocking wireless access - no device Link through wifi.
    Attached Thumbnails OS 10.1.0.4651 for ALL DEVICES...-screenshot-41-.jpg  
    07-18-13 07:51 PM
    This is why my important info is saved in the cloud, and I can just readd accounts, and redownload apps
    Anyway to get my SMSs to the cloud?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:52 PM
    I have a treat for you! I checked my Win8.1 system, and look what my phone installed...

What was blocking wireless, GIMP? The image editor?

Oh and BTW - update that vulnerable JRE before I send you an exploit.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-13 07:54 PM
    For some reason it is asking for a decryption key. The link seems to work, afaik
    Don't copy/paste the link, just open direct.
    07-18-13 08:02 PM
    Link is possessed! I swear it is. That's some strange ish. One more question, what .NET versions are installed on your pc? Make sure you have all the latest 3 through 4.5 - I think, as well as the MS Visual c++.

I've got .NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5, as well as Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012. Not sure what you're referring to in that screenshot however.
    07-18-13 08:05 PM
    Pili4 usually beats me to it, but I'm in the process of doing that.
    Phili4 ahhhhh she's not in this thread!

Cambodia CB 10
    07-18-13 08:16 PM
    IP editing looks like this...
    OS 10.1.0.4651 for ALL DEVICES...-img_00000004.png

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 08:16 PM
    BIG thanks to the new guy on the block - & anyone else involved
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-13 08:18 PM
    I've got .NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5, as well as Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012. Not sure what you're referring to in that screenshot however.

I think he must be referring to "Blackberry Device Manager 7.1". I assume that is from legacy Desktop Manager.

Funny thing is, I actually have BB Link 1.1.1.32 installed on this Win7/64 machine, AND the legacy DM, and even then DM didn't apparently install that device manager piece, because it doesn't exist on here. It did install "Blackberry Device Software Updater 7.1.0.34".
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-13 08:20 PM
    What was blocking wireless, GIMP? The image editor?

Oh and BTW - update that vulnerable JRE before I send you an exploit.
    Hahahaha!! Nah, BBDevice Manager 7.1 can't do anything with that.

I've been slack on the updates on my lappy
    07-18-13 08:20 PM
    I think he must be referring to "Blackberry Device Manager 7.1". I assume that is from legacy Desktop Manager.

Funny thing is, I actually have BB Link 1.1.1.32 installed on this Win7/64 machine, AND the legacy DM, and even then DM didn't apparently install that device manager piece, because it doesn't exist on here. It did install "Blackberry Device Software Updater 7.1.0.34".
    The only BlackBerry software I have remaining on my machine is:

-BB Link 1.1.1.32
    -BB10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.11
    -BB App World Browser Plugin
    07-18-13 08:21 PM
    Phili4 ahhhhh she's not in this thread!

Cambodia CB 10
    I shall summon her....
    07-18-13 08:21 PM
    When you say text or bbm and space bar. Do you need someone to text too? I typed myver in message area and hit space bar and nothing
    07-18-13 08:23 PM
    I even was able to restore everything from BBlink this time. Email, text, etc. Now to tackle this contacts list, then reboot and let the goodtimes roll!!
    Thanks guys!

AT&T SQN 100-1 working very well so far!!!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-13 08:36 PM
    Which tool are you using, to install your sideloaded apps?

Your device IP should be set at 169.254.0.1 If this is not the case, go back to Dev Mode settings and manually adjust these. Just tap the bar that says "IP Address" and a selection field should drop down. Then similar to setting time and date, select the IP to the proper number scheme.

(scroll to the next page, I upped an image for you)
    I am using the xsacha ones I guess. I have signed and created my tokens using RIMs docs and am using just z-installer.bat to sideload files.

Of course i have 169.254.0.1 set, it is a default anyway, but it still makes some kind of problem after upgrading to 4561 in windows networking. I will dig deeper for this problem. To be hones, my bigger problem are the text messages being wiped after update and unability to restore them any way.

Already spend 2 more hours playing with that and am out of any idea. Already tried another security wipe follews by loading of 4561, then separately restoring settings first ( seems that SMS are in Settings backup part) and the App+media but again, no SMS messages are present.

I have downloaded 4633 just to test it. I wont give up until I found a solution, those text emssages are important to me really a lot and even considering the fact, its almost 4 at the morning here, I will keep on goin.

As soon as I will figure out those text messages, I will take care about the DEV mode.

Thanks for any help is always appreciated
    07-18-13 08:37 PM
    I'm here. So far I've seen a request for Google for STL-2. Any one else?

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-18-13 08:42 PM
    In case anyone is having issue downloading from the Mega site, this MegaDownloader application works fantastic. For me, the website keeps stalling, even in Chrome. This application chugged through the whole thing without a hickup.

MegaDownloader for MEGA.CO.NZ: Download Links [English]
    Mecca EL, deslyh and jimpilot like this.
    07-18-13 08:42 PM
    stl-4 is the same (i think) so i would like to through my request in also Pili4

pretty please
    07-18-13 08:44 PM
    We have a few inside BlackBerry sources that are kind enough to share for us to test, we test and drop to these forums first.

Why these forums? Well as mecca said, we're crackheads that love our CrackBerry and feel like sharing with fellow crackheads first.

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome, thanks. We really appreciate it. =0)
    07-18-13 08:47 PM
    BIG thanks to the new guy on the block - & anyone else involved
    Thanks!
    I'm not new though. I've been here for a long while
    go1ndr likes this.
    07-18-13 08:47 PM
    i have installed many os's over the years. why does mega ask for enter decryption key on mega. does anybody know what is. sorry if is a stupid question have looked
    You're probably trying to copy and paste the link and some of it got cutoff.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-13 08:49 PM
    Ok OP lies. This did not work on my DROID Bionic... Oh course I kid.

All loaded up and fully restored from Link.

Accounts are settling in nice, and BES activated the quickest yet. (Good thing I am the BES admin at work, with all these leaks. )

Did notice that after a final reboot the battery dropped from about 60% to 20 %... me thinks the battery readings reset....

Otherwise we will see over the next 2 days.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-13 08:51 PM
    Loaded and restored on my Telus Q10 in Calgary and it's nicen smooth,fast will report on battery later of course. Restored via link on mac and worked perfect like mention a little earlier. For some reason on a mac while restoring it looks like your device disappears so do not unplug just click on the bottom right hand side and click on show devices not connected and it will come back to the small portion of the screen and show you it's still do the restore. Works great this has happened to me on the last 2 leaks.

PS: thanks vm for the leak Mecca EL

Posted from my Q10 on the addicting CB
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-13 09:01 PM
1,042 ... 910111213 ...