07-11-13 01:41 PM
370 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I do the same every once in a while with my PB charger. You might try getting a 3 foot USB extension for the z10 charger for some additional distance.

Regarding the radio, I'm showing it's 10.1.0.2063.

I have a heavy load of work today but I will try to get the radio file. I have been looking around in case it was already posted but I haven't found anything yet.

Or you can do a backup and just reload the OS.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    It is posted on the last page of the radio files thread.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    06-26-13 07:43 AM
    Dear AT&T users on this version, does visual voicemail show up in the hub for you?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 07:49 AM
    I got an invalid link message for the -2/-3 version....
    06-26-13 08:03 AM
    Good to hear. I just switched from 2354 and even though it's only been several hours I can feel a small difference. It already seems to have a better response. I'm going to do a second battery pull tomorrow as soon as I take it off the charger and start putting it to the test.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    I have been running this radio on top of 2354 since last Saturday on my STL100-4 and it is definitely the best 10.1 radio I have used to date.
    06-26-13 08:10 AM
    I have been running this radio (2063) on the mash up hybrid (4285 with 2534) and added 10.2 camera and clock files and it is running great. Excellent battery life and everything fast and working well. I like this combination as it is the only one so far that seems to retain the boot time information under the hardware settings.
    06-26-13 08:25 AM
    Dear AT&T users on this version, does visual voicemail show up in the hub for you?

Posted via CB10
    It does but I couldn't open them at first until I saved them in the archive.

Posted via Z10 at&t
    06-26-13 09:12 AM
    Here's my theory why the phone got heated. I was charging my phone with the playbook charger and perhaps that's what caused the battery to overheat. The only reason I use that charger is due to being closest to my bed....well.....my Z10 is like my girlfriend and my playbook is like the housekeeper. They take turns with the playbook charger. Not a good idea so I'm going to have to seperate them. As far as the battery draining, is still doing it but a little less. Not much though. The 2009/1917 Verizon OS/Radio was/is the best for this phone but noticed my phone rebooting one day at 8am under 2009/1881 OS/Radio files so I went back to 2009/1917. Now, I'm currently with 2062/1917. How can i revert back to the radio file that came this 2062 OS leak?
    Both mirrors have been verified and currently working.

Autoloader-Radio-10.1-2062-2-3.exe (STL100-2/3)

https://mega.co.nz/#!7ZwwhBzD!WzboWS...dkWfc5ehLqB80Y

Autoloader-Radio-10.1-2062Verizon-4.exe (STL100-4)

https://mega.co.nz/#!eAhGUK6A!aN7OPG...e5waJ_MmuCoS2U
    WEB2010 likes this.
    06-26-13 09:32 AM
    I got an invalid link message for the -2/-3 version....
    Which mirror are you using?

I just verified these STL100-2/-3 mirrors and both are currently working.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=d...lFKMld4c3dwVG8

https://mega.co.nz/#!s0EnBbKL!VHa4w2...wvM6JAiFmqBhjw
    06-26-13 09:37 AM
    Tried the original -- got the renamed ones and grabbing now -- thanks.
    06-26-13 09:42 AM
    Drain on the radio (which shouldn't require any "settling" time) was materially worse than 2026; I rolled it back.
    06-26-13 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it does show up now.
    06-26-13 10:24 AM
    Drain on the radio (which shouldn't require any "settling" time) was materially worse than 2026; I rolled it back.
    tickerguy, no insult intended, but how can you assess the impact of Radio files so quickly on battery performance ?? How much time did you run 2063 and what tool do you use??
    06-26-13 12:05 PM
    It's pretty simple if you have Battery Guru; idle drain should be 0.1 watt or less (actually a fraction of 0.1, but usually over 0.05 so it displays as 0.1 as a tile.)

There is no settling time required; once the hub comes up the association is complete and the drain should drop to idle levels.

With this radio it does not and remains around 0.3-0.4, which is where the 2355 radio was (and why I ditched it.)

It doesn't take but a few minutes to detect this if you flash just the radio, and as soon as I flashed back to the 2006 radio idle drain went back to where it was.
    Norg likes this.
    06-26-13 12:44 PM
    It's pretty simple if you have Battery Guru; idle drain should be 0.1 watt or less (actually a fraction of 0.1, but usually over 0.05 so it displays as 0.1 as a tile.)

There is no settling time required; once the hub comes up the association is complete and the drain should drop to idle levels.

With this radio it does not and remains around 0.3-0.4, which is where the 2355 radio was (and why I ditched it.)

It doesn't take but a few minutes to detect this if you flash just the radio, and as soon as I flashed back to the 2006 radio idle drain went back to where it was.
    I happen to disagree, the next day after install while battery guru was an active frame it was showing zero on mine, after I full framed it it would jump to .1 or higher the longer I kept it open

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:49 PM

I happen to disagree, the next day after install while battery guru was an active frame it was showing zero on mine, after I full framed it it would jump to .1 or higher the longer I kept it open

Posted via CB10
    Interesting...does anybody else have battery guru for a better comparison?
    06-26-13 12:56 PM
    Hey all, first, thanks to Ibfe for the leak, this is my first BB10 leak (done several on legacy OS).
    I'm having one issue after the leak and it may be a simple fix that I'm missing. The Facebook notifications in the hub are not showing properly. For instance, I get a comment on a post. The notification appears in the hub as it should, when I open it, the notification "pane" opens and show the post differently from how it used to on 10.0 (overall appearance looks more like mobile website version).. and on the taskbar at the botton where it normally would show the "back button", "view post", "like" and "3-dot button", now only shows the back button... none of the other buttons appear. I cannot perform any other functions from within the notification (even the 3-dot button is missing, so i have to back out to the hub in order to delete the notification).

I have deleted the facebook account and app and then reinstalled, logged in and even restarted the hub and device, nothing seems to work. Am I missing something? Do I need to reload the OS (I'd rather not considering I had to go through and redo all accounts and re-link contacts)...Or, is this the nature of this leak and I have to deal with it.

Thanks for reading my long-winded situation and any help you can provide.
    06-26-13 01:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Of course it does. Please read how Battery Guru works, specifically, the operating system's sample time and how this relates to the application's display.
    06-26-13 02:02 PM
    Yes, happen to agree with tickerguy - my battery guru behaves identically as it should. The app has to use a tad bit more energy when full screen than as a frame. In any case the difference between say 0.05W and 0.1W is minimal when comparing to the 1800 mW battery in the Z (or 2100 mW in a Q). It might account for an extra few minutes less or more. It would be nice if the vertical scale could be expanded but for some reason the developer isn't doing this.
    Of course it does. Please read how Battery Guru works, specifically, the operating system's sample time and how this relates to the application's display.
    06-26-13 02:14 PM
    It's pretty simple if you have Battery Guru; idle drain should be 0.1 watt or less (actually a fraction of 0.1, but usually over 0.05 so it displays as 0.1 as a tile.).....
    ....It doesn't take but a few minutes to detect this if you flash just the radio, and as soon as I flashed back to the 2006 radio idle drain went back to where it was.
    If that's the case, I think that I'll give it a try myself. Hey, as far as functionality goes, how do they differ from one another? Does 2006 Radio have any shortcomings ?
    06-26-13 02:19 PM
    can someone re-upload for stl100-4? Please?
    06-26-13 03:11 PM
    None that I have seen.

There is an occasional situation that arises when it refuses to drop back to sleep mode but it's easily detected and when it happens a reboot clears it. It appears that this is one of the remaining issues that BlackBerry has with the 10.1 series of OS releases; the 23xx series appears to have this issue with HSPA+ connections generally (does not with 2G enabled only, and may not with LTE) but not with CDMA/LTE carriers (e.g. Verizon.)

I've been running 2354/2026 (radio from 2006) for several weeks now and it is completely stable. Zero reboots and other than the misbehavior with occasionally refusing to drop all the way back to sleep it does the job.

I've not yet played with the 10.2 versions extensively; they're not yet stable enough for me to get involved with them.
    06-26-13 03:13 PM
    tickerguy:

Do you have a link for the 2026 radio autoloader?

TIA

docfreed
    06-26-13 03:18 PM
    Thanks for reading my long-winded situation and any help you can provide.
    It's like that for me as well. However I prefer this, as I can join to an event from the hub, or post a comment. And within the post I can still push a like. I don't think that using Facebook just from the hub was possible until recently. But I keep the right to be mistaken, because I'm not a "power user" of fb.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    letmein13 likes this.
    06-26-13 03:18 PM
    before i upgraded, I was able to Accept or reject events in the hub (but they actually had designated buttons on bottom next to the back button) and the same with liking and commenting on regular posts... other functions (unique to FB) could be found in the overflow menu. Now, there is nothing at the bottom (including no overflow menu) and many functions are in the message directly (almost as if I'm looking at the notification on the website) It's actually more difficutl because before, the notifications were baked into the OS and now it feels seperate.
    06-26-13 03:41 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I'm with AT&T running 2062 OS with 2063 Radio and my Visual Voice Mail works perfectly.

However, based on my reads today, I've decided to change my Radio files to 2026. Apparently the 2026 Radio ultimately draws less current (mA) from the battery to operate. This is based on test results performed by tickerguy and validated by a few other members !!
    Last edited by gliveron; 06-26-13 at 10:37 PM.
    06-26-13 04:02 PM
370 ... 1011121314 ...