01-31-14 08:33 AM
508 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    I just got an email from BlackBerry that those participating in the 10.2.1 BETA will be getting 10.2.1.537 software release / 10.2.1.1925 operating system.

I just checked the automatic update on my Z10 and it isn't showing up yet, but probably will be later tonight as was the case with the 10.2.1.1055 BETA release.

The BETA program is a BES program, not to be confused with the BlackBerry Beta Zone. If you aren't already signed up with your device PIN through your company's BES BETA participation, then this isn't open for you so please don't ask me for access.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:18 PM
    I was first to buy a z10, I should be first to get this. been in BB Beta zone for years now....
    blockbuy likes this.
    12-23-13 01:21 PM
    I was first to buy a z10, I should be first to get this. been in BB Beta zone for years now....
    Not beta zone dude. The update is from BlackBerry Beta/BES program. Two entirely different things

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    12-23-13 01:23 PM
    He probably doesn't or he just has it for STL100-1
    He did that he, said he had all devices and tried to make us all say how amazing he was and stuff. And then by the end of it he said we didn't praise him enough and he didn't drop any devices except the z10 -1

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes I remember this habs_fan. I guess my question was more rhetorical because if that's why he is so mad then he's just a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    12-23-13 01:24 PM
    Well, I found that in some other thread of the CB forums. You must've been able to sign up for the BlackBerry Beta Program. The customers who signed up for that program, will get the update today .

Posted via CB10
    Well just logged on https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/persons/programs and checked, there's nothing there for me.
    I'm in

Beta Zone for BlackBerry 10
    BlackBerry Link 1.2
    BBM Channels (BBOS + BB10)
    Global BlackBerry 10 Community
    BlackBerry Beta Zone Community

none of them say anything about this update.
    yellowhammer and moody like this.
    12-23-13 01:26 PM
    my bad...I realised that the Meme I uploaded was kinda insensitive even though I just meant it as a joke.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

I'm a bit silly sometimes...

Looks like the mods removed it anyway.
    Seriously.... that has caused offence! CHRIST!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 01:26 PM
    If the Beta works like the PlayBook beta used to, it was PIN based. If Blockbuy is not in the Beta program, somebody might have mistyped their PIN, matching BlockBuy's PIN. That would explain why it pushed to him. We also saw that a couple times on the PlayBook forum where an OS would show up for only one member. Once again probably a error that put their PIN in the list of devices to push a beta or test OS to.
    Bank error in my favour eh? I'll take it :-)
    Robbenezer and 00stryder like this.
    12-23-13 01:27 PM
    Not beta zone dude. The update is from BlackBerry Beta/BES program. Two entirely different things

Posted via CB10
    Like the Twix process. ???

12-23-13 01:27 PM
    I just got an email from BlackBerry that those participating in the 10.2.1 BETA will be getting 10.2.1.537 software release / 10.2.1.1925 operating system.

I just checked the automatic update on my Z10 and it isn't showing up yet, but probably will be later tonight as was the case with the 10.2.1.1055 BETA release.

The BETA program is a BES program, not to be confused with the BlackBerry Beta Zone. If you aren't already signed up with your device PIN through your company's BES BETA participation, then this isn't open for you so please don't ask me for access.

Posted via CB10
    Right - that I'm not part of in any way
    12-23-13 01:28 PM
    Well just logged on https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/persons/programs and checked, there's nothing there for me.
    I'm in

BlackBerry Link 1.2

this is the beta zone , they are talking about the BES BETA program
    12-23-13 01:28 PM
    I'm in

BlackBerry Link 1.2

Wrong BETA program. This one is for Enterprise customers on the BES 10 BETA program.

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-23-13 01:29 PM
    I'm in

BlackBerry Link 1.2

The BETA program is a BES program, not to be confused with the BlackBerry Beta Zone. If you aren't already signed up with your device PIN through your company's BES BETA participation, then this isn't open for you.

Posted via CB10
    Bank error in my favour eh? I'll take it :-)
    This time your not collecting Monopoly $ lol but an OS!

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1259)
    blockbuy likes this.
    Still doesn't explain how the OP got it? He says he's not part of any BES beta program.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:30 PM
    Jeez, that went crazy throughout the day o.O
    Glad that this is true and the thing with a typo in a PIN-based beta program sounds like a possibility. So let's hope for a public release of 10.2.1 in the coming days and all emotions in this thread, besides curiosity of course, should calm down now.
    Merry Christmas to all you folks.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    12-23-13 01:30 PM
    Still doesn't explain how the OP got it? He says he's not part of any BES beta program.

Posted via CB10
    For the OS to be a part of the BETA program, it has to exist in all of the normal internal BlackBerry channels. I.e. He probably got it through a normal leak mechanism. All the BETA program is doing in this case is proving validity to the claimed OS version.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:34 PM
    For the OS to be a part of the BETA program, it has to exist in all of the normal internal BlackBerry channels. I.e. He probably got it through a normal leak mechanism. All the BETA program is doing in this case is proving validity to the claimed OS version.

Posted via CB10
    Your not understanding lol, he's not part of the beta program, he downloaded the os ota,

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-23-13 01:35 PM
    Honestly, berryinsider is a real d*ck, just a punk a$$.. Him and that crappy site.
    Hey no need to shoot the site down now
    LP_Rigg, 3hb78ftg and eldricho like this.
    12-23-13 01:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ah yes fair point. Just weird that it popped up as an update notification for him.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:36 PM
    Your not understanding lol, he's not part of the beta program, he downloaded the os ota,

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    yep, started in the supermarket
    mopar_fxr and GS51 like this.
    12-23-13 01:36 PM
    Here has the 10.2.1.1057 Beta version, if people likes to try, make sure you download the file for your specific model:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...alphas/update/
    Why? We have a higher leak than that now. Plus that version is just bare bones.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg and Mecca EL like this.
    12-23-13 01:40 PM
    If the Beta works like the PlayBook beta used to, it was PIN based. If Blockbuy is not in the Beta program, somebody might have mistyped their PIN, matching BlockBuy's PIN. That would explain why it pushed to him. We also saw that a couple times on the PlayBook forum where an OS would show up for only one member. Once again probably a error that put their PIN in the list of devices to push a beta or test OS to.
    I second that. That's gotta be it.
    12-23-13 01:40 PM
    Hey no need to shoot the site down now
    Agree, uncalled for.

Z10 goodness
    12-23-13 01:41 PM
    Ah yes fair point. Just weird that it popped up as an update notification for him.

Posted via CB10
    The BETA program I am referring to is OTA. That's how I got 10.2.1.1055.

It's possible someone fat fingered a PIN for their company and put this person's PIN in by mistake. Then their getting the new OS OTA is completely possible. That is all based upon someone putting in their PIN by mistake for the BETA program which in itself is highly unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-23-13 01:44 PM
    Noooooooo *can't look*

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:48 PM
508 ... 1516171819 ...