02-24-15 05:26 AM
35 12
tools
    What are the new things in latest build compared to 1154?

Thank you for your answer

Posted via CB10
    Nothing new at this point. Just fixing bugs and making things run a little better.

Want something new?

Then you have to wait for 10.3.2 which just got started deep in the code development dungeons of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:50 AM
    But, if a leak is the same build number as the version that is released, then the leak and the official are the same. If there were changes, there would be a different build number.
    A leak can turn into the official production release, it just isn't "official" until BlackBerry releases it to the wild.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-29-15 05:02 PM
    Some are missing the point of official release vs Leaked OS. Of course it's made by BlackBerry, but it's not complete!

Missing lines of code and possible changes to features that can either make or break the OS. Since 10.2.1 the official releases have been working better and closer to the non BlackBerry user standard( which isn't as important to us BlackBerry users),but makes it better lol.

If you want to know the full list of breaks and corrections bbm me 2BBCA14B and we can have an open dialog.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 08:51 PM
    A version is a version. Official or leaked.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-30-15 09:01 PM
    A version is a version. Official or leaked.

BlackBerry hates America!
    Agreed It is identical 100 %

Example

Leak Os 10.3.1.1154 = official 10.3.1.1154

There is no different

Charging bug is there too in official release
    BlackBerry release knowledge Base about the bug

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-30-15 09:04 PM
    Sorry to keep belaboring this point with you but a leak is not an officially released by BlackBerry. It's officially from BlackBerry because they made it but that's about the only thing that's official about it. I work for a major software company and the accepted vernacular in the industry is something is an official release when it is publicly distributed by the vendor which in this case the leaks aren't. I'm just trying to keep people from getting confused when they see statements that leaks are "official".

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Thanks hotfix, it is part of the point I'm making to those who just don't get that the leaks had to be chopped up and recompiled into an autoloader , blitz (non destructive).

That sometimes compilers share working functionalities between models after testing.

Such as radios or another core os and put it in the autoloader which can have side effects( i.e random outcomes on different devices).

I've extracted multiple leaked autoloaders since 10.3.0.xxx and Blitz ND to see which files are shared and noticing that some of the said models that are listed for the leaks have files from a different model and said leaks still aren't fully optimized for certain devices yet.

Side note backing up your OS (leak) with link that has android apks in it can cause a corrupt backup and mess with core functionalities.

Example going from leaked backup back to official and restoring causes breaks in core apps like bbm with missing call button or even a failed restore.

Point of This is mainly to all people who complain about the faults of leaks and blast BlackBerry for it. Stop whining and accept the OS as a beta or alpha and is not a finished product!!!

I say that Official Release is better because of optimization and is set for every device on same OS. On leaks the results are very different on certain devices and sku's.

"Expect nothing and you shouldn't be disappointed"

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-30-15 09:17 PM
    Thanks hotfix, it is part of the point I'm making to those who just don't get that the leaks had to be chopped up and recompiled into an autoloader , blitz (non destructive).

That sometimes compilers share working functionalities between models after testing.

Such as radios or another core os and put it in the autoloader which can have side effects( i.e random outcomes on different devices).

I've extracted multiple leaked autoloaders since 10.3.0.xxx and Blitz ND to see which files are shared and noticing that some of the said models that are listed for the leaks have files from a different model and said leaks still aren't fully optimized for certain devices yet.

Side note backing up your OS (leak) with link that has android apks in it can cause a corrupt backup and mess with core functionalities.

Example going from leaked backup back to official and restoring causes breaks in core apps like bbm with missing call button or even a failed restore.

Point of This is mainly to all people who complain about the faults of leaks and blast BlackBerry for it. Stop whining and accept the OS as a beta or alpha and is not a finished product!!!

I say that Official Release is better because of optimization and is set for every device on same OS. On leaks the results are very different on certain devices and sku's.

"Expect nothing and you shouldn't be disappointed"

Posted via CB10
    Don't you remember people do OTA update they lost their sms history?

01-30-15 09:33 PM
    Blitz is work like OTA update

01-30-15 09:34 PM
    Don't you remember people do OTA update they lost their sms history?

True in some cases , but doesn't cover the whole catalog of sku's

Posted via my Nexus 6
    02-24-15 05:13 AM
    Blitz is work like OTA update

It does but if the leak build in question wasnt yet optimized for the last gen devices it can hold some side effects. My BBM calling/video was disabled. My texts also showed up twice for each time someone texted me.

Skype (bb10 not android)was completely broken ( not that it wasn't most of the way already )This might not effect all. It can be annoying when it effects the main apps you use daily.

I'm running 10.2.1.3442 on factory unlocked z10 , using T-Mobile as my carrier.

Posted via my Nexus 6
    02-24-15 05:26 AM
35 12