01-28-14 07:02 AM
493 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I hope everyone realizes this "official" release is the same 1925 release that was leaked just before Xmas.

10.2.1.1925 is the "OS Version".

10.2.1.537 is the "Software Release".

That's what I have on both the Z10 & Z30 in our family. When these leaks were initially installed, they came with the "1899" version of the radio file but I have now updated both these phones to the 1926 radio file.

Based on the op's posted screenshots, it appears to me that he has this version.

I'm surprised it was released unofficially cuz it doesn't allow the Android apps to access the SD card. It also doesn't have a payment mechanism for the Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    That's actually not the case. Android apps can access the SD card, just find "external SD" under the root of the file structure. I have used many android apps to play music from my sd for instance.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-16-14 02:17 PM
    Nothing on Q5, Virgin Mobile, France, and on Q10, Virgin mobile, France too :'(
    01-16-14 02:29 PM
    Yes the Official Version does run third-party app stores such as snap, 1Mobile, Amazon App Store etc. And you can download directly to your BlackBerry 10 Device.
    01-16-14 03:08 PM
    1) how's your battery life with 1925 and 1926 radio? mine was awful. went back to 1899 radio.
    2) it is more than clear that he has the same Os as leak.
    3) My android apps can access SD card (I use Sygic as offline sat nav!) no problem
    4) who told you that there "should be" payment mechanism for android apps?! you can buy them from Amazon store, of course, but Google Play apps are accessible via Snap only (or some third party website). I really doubt, that there's going to be ANY payment for android apps support UNLESS Google Play will be available. However, Amazon app store should have no issues here.
    How did you get Sygic to work? I purchased the app and the maps for it on my GS4 but can't get it to work on my Z10.
    scooter_74 likes this.
    01-16-14 03:26 PM
    im still on 10.1
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-16-14 03:43 PM
    I have 10.2.0.415 so I guess I still have to wait for the release to be available for my version?

Z10 equates awesomeness exemplified.
    01-16-14 03:49 PM
    How did you get Sygic to work? I purchased the app and the maps for it on my GS4 but can't get it to work on my Z10.
    if your BB Z10 is on 10.2.1.xxx leak, then it's simple.
    well at leask - for me. I just copied sygic apk with the maps to the sd card and installed the app from there... it works.
    as well as igo...
    01-16-14 04:34 PM
    Nothing on Q5, Virgin Mobile, France, and on Q10, Virgin mobile, France too :'(
    FTR : nothing on Z30 SFR France.

P.S: oh, un compatriote ! On se connait ?
    Sinon, sois le bienvenu dans la communaut CrackBerry !

Cheers,
    SF
    01-16-14 04:42 PM
    We have to organize LEAK-Partys for our BlackBerry friends wich still stuck with 10.0/10.1..

C00121417 ?
    Because doing a backup, running 1 file, and maybe doing a restore is too complicated......

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-16-14 05:49 PM
    Because doing a backup, running 1 file, and maybe doing a restore is too complicated......

because posting a worthless sarcastic post is too easy
    Anilu7 likes this.
    01-16-14 06:05 PM
    ...Android apps can access the SD card, just find "external SD" under the root of the file structure. I have used many android apps to play music from my sd for instance.
    I stand corrected.

I hadn't been able to get it to work before but apparently now it IS working so my Android apps CAN access my SD card. Go figure! Woohoo!!!

I'll go back and edit my posting.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 06:16 PM
    1) how's your battery life with 1925 and 1926 radio? mine was awful. went back to 1899 radio.
    2) it is more than clear that he has the same Os as leak.
    3) My android apps can access SD card (I use Sygic as offline sat nav!) no problem
    4) who told you that there "should be" payment mechanism for android apps?! you can buy them from Amazon store, of course, but Google Play apps are accessible via Snap only (or some third party website). I really doubt, that there's going to be ANY payment for android apps support UNLESS Google Play will be available. However, Amazon app store should have no issues here.
    1. Battery life has been very good. Just my perception. Certainly not worse than before.

2. Obvious now thank you. When I first read thru the first few postings, it didn't seem quite so obvious to me. When I didn't see that clearly at the beginning of the thread, it struck me that a lot of posters were perhaps confused about it.

3. I stand corrected and thanks for pointing that out.

4. It was just that I can't get at the Google Play paid apps in Snap. I figured it was a limitation of the Android runtime on BB10 but, given you can make payments in the Amazon app store (didn't know that), it appears to be a limitation of Snap. Thank you for pointing that out!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 06:28 PM
    1. Battery life has been very good. Just my perception. Certainly not worse than before.

2. Obvious now thank you. When I first read thru the first few postings, it didn't seem quite so obvious to me. When I didn't see that clearly at the beginning of the thread, it struck me that a lot of posters were perhaps confused about it.

3. I stand corrected and thanks for pointing that out.

4. It was just that I can't get at the Google Play paid apps in Snap. I figured it was a limitation of the Android runtime on BB10 but, given you can make payments in the Amazon app store (didn't know that), it appears to be a limitation of Snap. Thank you for pointing that out!

Posted via CB10
    Well, yeah, its limitation of snap, as snap is not official google play store app. It's kinda hack of google play store (or bypass if you do not like hack word).

Amazon store has some limitations, as not all apps are available in their store.

Also you should probably check for compatibility before you spend your pennies, as if app requires google play services, it will not work (or will work woth some limitations, like cannot log in to google maps) even purchased.

There are plenty of additional app stores which might help you as well, like getJar, 1Mobile, etc.

And there are other ways to obtain even paid apps sometimes even for free )

Posted from Z10 with 10.2.1.1925 leak. Pwnage aparatus!
    01-16-14 06:37 PM
    This is getting my hopes up. I quickly checked my device, and BB Link for an update, no luck here in the Philippines.

I hope this is legit this time. I really do.
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    01-16-14 06:41 PM
    It's not that complicated, really...

Thing is:
    1. There might be serious bugs and if one uses the device as a daily driver, it may not be a good idea to gamble with a leaked OS
    2. One has to re-download some apps that might turn out to have issues with the newly leaked (not yet serious bug free) OS
    3. Many of us, non-leakers, prefer official products ...just for the sake of it
    4. Many of us have Macs, and if one does not go through the pain in the **** (and the risk of malware that may infect our computers, even though they are safer in that regard than PCs) of downloading "compatibilizing" programs that simulate PC functioning in Macs, leaks cannot be sideloaded to our BB10 devices
    5. I am too lazy to get though all the process of leaking a OS, waiting for it to sink in the system, check for what may be missing if not working properly, asking for help in the forums, not getting the right answers, looking for a way to fix issues, etc.

I use Sachesi, though, and have downloaded the last two BB10 OS versions I have used, and10.2.0.1803 is the best I have had yet, but it could improve a lot as the latest leaks are showing.

Now don't get me wrong, I think leakers do a tremendous service to all BB10 users. They are the prime testers and solution finders for most of us BlackBerry nationals. Leakers have all my respect, appreciation and gratitude.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900, m1kr0 and Naeg1995 like this.
    01-16-14 06:48 PM
    Installation finished successfully, surprised that radio is 1899

Sent from my Z30
    I'm not surprised the radio is 1899. This 10.2.1.537 went through some certification (I forget what it was exactly) but BlackBerry had the 1899 radio listed and not the 1926 radio.
    01-16-14 06:51 PM
    I have done just a version lookup for 1925/537 with Sachesi, guess , it's also not in the system....
    Do you really think that Sachesi still works?
    It finds all sorts of OS's... The ones that ARE available.

That's actually not the case. Android apps can access the SD card, just find "external SD" under the root of the file structure. I have used many android apps to play music from my sd for instance.
    Please teach me how to get Audible to do that, oh sir, for I can't do it. As sarcastic as it may sound it's not meant to be: I really can't do it. You may want to try Kobo as well. Place some .EPUB files in your SD and see if it can find them (import).
    01-16-14 06:56 PM
    Obviously for some... Smartass

C00121417 ?
    Unfortunately for them, blackberry and the carriers delay the normal way to update. If they arent happy with the older builds and aren't willing to spend a few hours making their devices better, then they should just go get an iPhone, unfortunately I've had to recommend them to my parents.
    Official update 10.2.1.537 appearing for some-mockit_16012014195620.jpg

01-16-14 06:56 PM
    Well, yeah, its limitation of snap, as snap is not official google play store app. It's kinda hack of google play store (or bypass if you do not like hack word).

Amazon store has some limitations, as not all apps are available in their store.

Also you should probably check for compatibility before you spend your pennies, as if app requires google play services, it will not work (or will work woth some limitations, like cannot log in to google maps) even purchased.

There are plenty of additional app stores which might help you as well, like getJar, 1Mobile, etc.

And there are other ways to obtain even paid apps sometimes even for free )

Posted from Z10 with 10.2.1.1925 leak. Pwnage aparatus!
    I've read in other threads that people were able to pay for apps from Google Play using their PC, then download the apk to their BB devices. Haven't tried it myself 'cause there's nothing from the Android side that I need that badly.
    01-16-14 07:10 PM
    i want it now!!!!!
    01-16-14 07:24 PM
    i want it now!!!!!
    you can buy it at nearest indomaret near you *run aweay hahaha

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 07:50 PM
    if your BB Z10 is on 10.2.1.xxx leak, then it's simple.
    well at leask - for me. I just copied sygic apk with the maps to the sd card and installed the app from there... it works.
    as well as igo...
    Sygic is very unstable for me though, crashes allot. But luckily I found the map data for Tom Tom on my old GSII, got the newest apk and it's working perfectly for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:21 PM
    It finds all sorts of OS's... The ones that ARE available.

Please teach me how to get Audible to do that, oh sir, for I can't do it. As sarcastic as it may sound it's not meant to be: I really can't do it. You may want to try Kobo as well. Place some .EPUB files in your SD and see if it can find them (import).
    I haven't used Audible or Kobo before, accessing the sd card works fine in Google play music, MX Player, etc. so I don't see how those apps wouldn't be able to access it. But I'll check them out for you in the morning and see if I can figure it out.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:25 PM
    Bell Wireless, Toronto ... nothing ...
    01-16-14 11:08 PM
    Bell west coast of Canada and nothing

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 11:21 PM
493 ... 45678 ...