06-11-15 11:06 AM
80 1234
tools
    May we use a different definition for "bloatware"
    Let's call all the unwanted and useless BB-bloat just "scrapware" from now on.
    Because the more advanced user on CB tend to scrap certain app's after moving on to a newer OS before use of there devices as daily driver to start with a tidy system right away.

Posted via BB-Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.*
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 06-08-15 at 09:31 AM.
    06-08-15 08:06 AM
    There is a help file, I never needed it so it is going bye-bye asap

Posted via CB10
    That's the stupidest logic I've ever heard. I guess you never needed a spare tire on your car so you sold it's ? Lol
    06-08-15 08:49 AM
    So how do I uninstall "tutorials" "help" and "setup" ?
    I also hate the Amazon app store app. It always gives me pop up messages which I can't stop and also shows me updates for apps which I didn't install.
    If ever there is one person that really needs the "HELP" app, it is you, OP !!!!!
    Warios likes this.
    06-08-15 09:03 AM
    i think i pee'd my pants in laughter
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    06-08-15 09:54 AM
    i think i pee'd my pants in laughter
    Me too after reading your signature
    Thachoc1 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    06-08-15 10:55 AM
    That's the stupidest logic I've ever heard. I guess you never needed a spare tire on your car so you sold it's ? Lol
    I guess sarcasm is too much for you. By the way some cars actually don't have any spare tire at all and have run flat tires. Get out of the basement sometimes

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:09 AM
    I guess sarcasm is too much for you. By the way some cars actually don't have any spare tire at all and have run flat tires. Get out of the basement sometimes

Posted via CB10
    Cars come with run flat tires now. This is news to me as well.
    06-08-15 11:12 AM
    06-08-15 11:14 AM
    Yes you can delete them, just download the latest apk file, and install over it. Then long press the icon, and delete them.
    And then you reboot and it's back.

Tell me which app you can't delete .
    Delete the Amazon apps from 10.3.2. Make it PERMANENT.

Just wanna let you know I win either way. You fail, you prove me right. You succeed, the community gets a way to delete apps they don't way.

Go on. Make my day.
    06-08-15 11:18 AM
    I know how they work, i just didn't know they were sold on some models. Here's a better link. http://newsroom.aaa.com/wp-content/u..._Aug_20131.pdf
    06-08-15 11:20 AM
    Back to the subject at hand, ya know the amazon store and app are convenient if you want to download that free daily app from Amazon. Just my 2 cents of positivity.
    Warios likes this.
    06-08-15 11:27 AM
    Can I knw what is the benefit from deleting tutorial and help?

Posted via CB10
    To save 25MB of device memory, if the gigs of it are not enough.
    06-08-15 12:52 PM
    Nothing wrong with it by cleaning out about some odd 300MB useless scrap off the system all together is it, if all this retaildemo and nuance files language files and other slack taken into accounts.

Posted via BB-Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.*
    06-08-15 02:35 PM
    And then you reboot and it's back.
    It's just the icon. Amazon Appstore only reinstall when you open its icon.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-08-15 10:33 PM
    Ya know, we're talking about a fairly insignificant small handheld mobile device which really doesn't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things.
    Consider getting a hobby or some therapy, because if a little app on your device is this upsetting to you,
    you're in for some real trouble when it comes to making decision in the game of life! (in my opinion, of course)

Pdinos3 likes this.
    06-08-15 10:45 PM
    You keep using that word, "bloatware." I do not think it means what you think it means.

Richard
    How you call software that is on your device( use ram and space on same ), cannot be removed and its not necessary for you ?
    06-09-15 02:35 AM
    Ok

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.680
    06-09-15 02:36 AM
    I find amazon store app very convenient since I shop there all the time,bravo BlackBerry!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I dont use it and its wrong to force software on user . If they put amazon shop on BB world its ok and you can install and use , just what with me who dont use it and cannot remove it ?
    06-09-15 02:40 AM
    Ya know, we're talking about a fairly insignificant small handheld mobile device which really doesn't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things.
    Consider getting a hobby or some therapy, because if a little app on your device is this upsetting to you,
    you're in for some real trouble when it comes to making decision in the game of life! (in my opinion, of course)

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    So you are saying bloatware its ok , and you like when someone say you must have this on your device and cannot be removed ?!?!
    06-09-15 02:43 AM
    What is the chance that most of the ones who are truly irritated by a software installation shortcut icon have a subsidized phone. Get a Ubuntu compatible phone and do what you want with it. Now the people who actually paid full price may have an argument unless the total cost of the phone isn't reflected in the price if it is also partially subsidized by contracts that BlackBerry enters into to keep the cost lower to be competitive. As long as it isn't tracking my moves or reading my communications. An app that is not installed is not a real issue for me

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 10:26 AM
    Originally Posted by Lostboy5151

So you are saying bloatware its ok , and you like when someone say you must have this on your device and cannot be removed ?!?!

WOW. How did you come up with that conclusion . I said nothing that even comes close to that!
    AT any rate, I'm not gonna get sucked into this childish conversation anymore than i already have.

You just go ahead and stress over this on your own.You should consider having this thread moved to the Romper Room area..
    They offer cookies and milk and a time out for you kids.
    I'm gonna go try to help others that have REAL issues.

Say good bye to the confused child, Fluffy!

Warios likes this.
    06-09-15 11:03 AM
    How you call software that is on your device( use ram and space on same ), cannot be removed and its not necessary for you ?
    Call it a matter of semantics if you like, but I consider true bloatware to be one or both of the following:

1. An app or apps which are installed that I do not wish to have that are running by default, hogging up working memory.
    Or are 2. Hogging up an unreasonable amount of storage space.

I don't consider the 19.8 MB that Amazon is using of my Z30's 16 GB to be unreasonable, and it isn't running unless I choose for it to. It's not taking up any RAM just sitting there unused.

This isn't even a "First World Problem" - it's a non-issue. Are you one of those people that gets irritated when someone in traffic slows down in front of you in order to turn at an intersection?

Richard
    06-09-15 12:56 PM
    Why BB with every new release put new bloatware in it ?

Now we have Amazon app ! I dont need it , why you trying to tell me what i need to use. With all those nonsense aps like facebook, BBVE, linkedin, tutorial and many more ?
    Are those apps on BB World , if yes then let me install them i dont need you to say to me what i install or not !!??!!??
    The Amazon is kinda rubbish, thanks for Cobalt for sorting out the Google Play Store, otherwise I will need to carry two phones (BB and iPhone) to sort out the app gap, which is very ignoring.

Now I just need to bring my PP with me if I am in town.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 01:28 PM
    you are cofused !?!?

And I'm allowed to be critical of company that gets my money !?
    Last edited by Warios; 06-10-15 at 07:48 AM.
    06-10-15 07:22 AM
    I don't think anybody is questioning your right to be critical. But having a right, doesn't automatically make you right.

Richard
    Warios likes this.
    06-10-15 03:11 PM
80 1234