08-13-13 03:06 PM
100 ... 234
tools
    Myself I have never installed a leak a little worried about bricking my z10. But from what I can see from videos on 10.2 it has a lot of great features and it really seems to speed a long just as fast as any of those new devices with quad cores. I remember moving to android early on with a droid eris. It didnt seem to start out with all the features android has now 2 yrs later, and my z10 is way ahead of that at inception. It is a building process and 4 to 6 mos later whenever 10.2 is official, it seems to have brought many new features that takes IOS and android a yearly process to do. I think blackberry is on a decent pace, hopefully they dont lose focus.
    08-10-13 12:09 PM
    I don't see why so many of you are taking my opinion (not complaint) of this leak so personally. I see people saying I should've read the disclaimer as if I said anything about battery life or bricking the phone. I simply said I wasn't as impressed as a lot of people on here. Nothing more nothing less. Everybody's calling my opinion a negative complaint, trying to get attention. Sorry I have a life I have better things to do then post on the Internet hoping to invoke negative conversation. Simply put if you didn't like my opinion you didn't have to read the post and you sure as hell didn't have to respond. Costs you NOTHING to pay it no mind. Simple

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should take your own advice and stop paying mind to the people who's opinions you don't like. You keep preaching that you're trying to start a dialogue but you haven't yet responded to the legitimate posts. So why don't you practice what you preach. You sound so contentious, and it seems like the true purpose of this thread was to stir things up. That or you really care too much about what other people think. But hey, some people love to use the internet as an outlet to vent their frustrations by having arguments over nothing. And instead of the obligatory response you're likely about to give me, in which you backpedal a little and will probably say you don't care what other people think and to pay your opinions no mind etc., why don't you do what you intended in this thread and discuss the OS with the people who've actually responded, and "pay me no mind".
    Mecca EL, AquaBoogie and bungaboy like this.
    08-10-13 12:33 PM
    Myself I have never installed a leak a little worried about bricking my z10. But from what I can see from videos on 10.2 it has a lot of great features and it really seems to speed a long just as fast as any of those new devices with quad cores. I remember moving to android early on with a droid eris. It didnt seem to start out with all the features android has now 2 yrs later, and my z10 is way ahead of that at inception. It is a building process and 4 to 6 mos later whenever 10.2 is official, it seems to have brought many new features that takes IOS and android a yearly process to do. I think blackberry is on a decent pace, hopefully they dont lose focus.
    If bricking your device is your main concern I think you should go ahead and do it, you can always unbrick it. It's super easy. Backup, download and run the autoloader, and run the recovery. I think it's worth it, it's not the world of differences but some important features are included like adding multiple alarms which I have missed for a few months
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-10-13 12:39 PM
    I personally didn't have any complaints about 10.1. My phone worked as close to perfect as it possibly could in my opinion even though there were a few things from OS7 that I thought would be standards in BB10 (profile management for one). As far as .1047 goes it's a pretty solid OS but I don't see what the hoopla's all about. To be honest the only thing I like about it is the toast notification and even that I think should have the option to control how long it stays on the screen. Not to mention as I was typing this I received a text that was 3 lines long and I had to go into the text app to completely read it. I know BB10 is a work in progress but there are a lot of minuscule things that they continually overlook. Really wish bbry would stop the spoon feed approach to releasing updates and new features.

Posted via CB10
    I installed .1047 on my Z10, I'm not impressed either. Why? There's nothing in 10.2 that's not already in Android 4.2.2 - I've rolled my Z10 back to the BB10.1 MR and will wait until BlackBerry officially release 10.2
    shriscean and AquaBoogie like this.
    08-10-13 01:02 PM
    for me with the leak, the mkusic player when listening through headphones isa nightmare. i cant listen to song as the player basically pasues and changes tracks automatically, and the voice command app will automatically turn when the music player is on.. but cant go off, as the app itself doesnt open.. so its open in the background but you cant see it to swip[e and close it.. also click on the voice control icon does nothing!!.. the worst most annoying bug in this leak..

but of course!! its a leak!!! cant wait for the official release
    08-10-13 01:56 PM
    I installed .1047 on my Z10, I'm not impressed either. Why? There's nothing in 10.2 that's not already in Android 4.2.2 - I've rolled my Z10 back to the BB10.1 MR and will wait until BlackBerry officially release 10.2
    Be careful how you say you're not impressed in here lol smh I swear i think bb10 has so much potential but if bbry wants to gain back a respectable market share their going to have to move quicker with the updates.
    08-10-13 01:57 PM
    Be careful how you say you're not impressed in here lol smh I swear i think bb10 has so much potential but if bbry wants to gain back a respectable market share their going to have to move quicker with the updates.
    We have an opinion, surely you're not suggesting we keep quiet?

Seems to me that BlackBerry can't decide what they want BB10 to be or how best to acheive that. As it stands, there is great potential but honestly, who buys a smartphone for its potential?

For the updates, I'd like to see more features from the 97xx and 99xx such as speed dialling and contact groups.
    At some point in the future, I'd like to see the complete removal of the Android Runtime and a better optimised OS.
    08-10-13 02:26 PM
    10.2 is and will be benchmark setter for the mobile computing world ,did i over do it????
    08-10-13 02:36 PM
    We have an opinion, surely you're not suggesting we keep quiet?

Seems to me that BlackBerry can't decide what they want BB10 to be or how best to acheive that. As it stands, there is great potential but honestly, who buys a smartphone for its potential?

For the updates, I'd like to see more features from the 97xx and 99xx such as speed dialling and contact groups.
    At some point in the future, I'd like to see the complete removal of the Android Runtime and a better optimised OS.
    I agree with the later part of your statement with regards to some key Legacy features, I truly was hoping that contact groups would have made its way into the latest 10.2 release. I guess there's still some hope...

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4633
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    08-10-13 06:20 PM
    I personally didn't have any complaints about 10.1. My phone worked as close to perfect as it possibly could in my opinion even though there were a few things from OS7 that I thought would be standards in BB10 (profile management for one). As far as .1047 goes it's a pretty solid OS but I don't see what the hoopla's all about. To be honest the only thing I REALLY like about it is the toast notification and even that I think should have the option to control how long it stays on the screen. Not to mention as I was typing this I received a text that was 3 lines long and I had to go into the text app to completely read it. I know BB10 is a work in progress but there are a lot of minuscule things that they continually overlook. Really wish bbry would stop the spoon feed approach to releasing updates and new features.

My Likes:
    - UI seems "cleaner" and sleeker
    - Os is very quick and responsive
    - Copy and paste is easier
    - Hub icon
    - Toast notification
    My Dislikes/What I Would LOVE To Have In The Official Version:
    - Battery Life. I'm getting 5 hours tops
    - Swiping out of the hub doesn't fully close the text or email you were reading
    - Toast notification disappears too quick
    - Can't control the time in which the toast notification stays on screen
    - Cant scroll thru text on toast notification
    - Dark theme (my personal favorite feature on my Q10) is gone
    - Still no custom profile management
    - Active frame enable/disable
    - Hide icons
    - Theme options/Different colorways
    Posted via CB10
    Based on these three. Go back to 10.1 and to be honest.......not everyone that doesn't fully understand that the leak is not a finished project......should be updating.

SMFH. Members complain when we "don't" have leaks to play with,
    or
    complain when the leaks aren't "perfect".......WTF?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-10-13 08:11 PM
    Based on these three. Go back to 10.1 and to be honest.......not everyone that doesn't fully understand that the leak is not a finished project......should be updating.

or
    OK thanks for your thoughts. God bless

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:02 PM
    I'm running this leak and the battery life has been insane. Just yesterday I was up at 6AM and at 11PM I still had 50%!

I have 4 email accounts, facebook, linkedin, twitter. I average about 100 emails per day and BBM/Whatsapp all day. I'm sorry but that's pretty impressive. As I post (up at 7AM) I still have 55% left (11:45PM). Less emails today but I did browse the web a lot.

I'm on WiFi about 90% of the day.
    08-10-13 10:45 PM
    I think one thing thats good from bb10 is that you can erase any app just pressing the x on top of it on android it was a little more tricky. also when the andorid emulator works 100% and we can use vine or any app we want on our bb10 devices this would be such a great os, something i miss from the old bb os is the little icons that appeared under the time/ signal heading and never dissapeared so you saw, the little bb red star on top of the icon and also you saw mini icons on top of your apps everytime. i guess they should re add that notifications style. for the rest i think 10.2 leak is a sign of bb going into the right path
    08-11-13 03:29 AM
    I personally didn't have any complaints about 10.1. My phone worked as close to perfect as it possibly could in my opinion even though there were a few things from OS7 that I thought would be standards in BB10 (profile management for one). As far as .1047 goes it's a pretty solid OS but I don't see what the hoopla's all about. To be honest the only thing I REALLY like about it is the toast notification and even that I think should have the option to control how long it stays on the screen. Not to mention as I was typing this I received a text that was 3 lines long and I had to go into the text app to completely read it. I know BB10 is a work in progress but there are a lot of minuscule things that they continually overlook. Really wish bbry would stop the spoon feed approach to releasing updates and new features.

My Likes:
    - UI seems "cleaner" and sleeker
    - Os is very quick and responsive
    - Copy and paste is easier
    - Hub icon
    - Toast notification
    My Dislikes/What I Would LOVE To Have In The Official Version:
    - Battery Life. I'm getting 5 hours tops
    - Swiping out of the hub doesn't fully close the text or email you were reading
    - Toast notification disappears too quick
    - Can't control the time in which the toast notification stays on screen
    - Cant scroll thru text on toast notification
    - Dark theme (my personal favorite feature on my Q10) is gone
    - Still no custom profile management
    - Active frame enable/disable
    - Hide icons
    - Theme options/Different colorways

Posted via CB10
    If you're on the Q10 major disadvantages are:
    Skype doesn't work - if you sideload the Android version there's noway of putting your password so you can't sign in

Viber doesn't work, whenever you receive or dial a call it just shuts down

Whatsapp notification don't work, can't get it to vibrate or make a sound when you receive a message

Everytime you reboot your phone wifi is off and you have to turn it on again to get connected

All Android apps have the back bar always visible on the screen so you can imagine the screen size

When you connect to BlackBerry link it doesn't connect and says you need to be on the 10.1 release or higher and you're already on 10.2

Posted via my Q10 from T- MobileBlackBerry Pin:2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    08-11-13 07:24 AM
    It gets me that people find it all great to complain about a leaked OS....
    We're not complaining we're pointing out issues so they can be fixed. And I think that's the only reason BlackBerry are allowing those leaks to spread, so they have a wider user base to test and report issues so they fix them in the upcoming release.

Posted via my Q10 from T- MobileBlackBerry Pin:2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    AquaBoogie likes this.
    08-11-13 07:26 AM
    OMG, this OS is head over heels way better than the Gingerbread Android/Droid 3 combination that I had previously! No complaints here! LOL, but it still can't make me dinner and clean the house.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    Yeah, but won't harp at you to mow the lawn or take out the trash either....uhh, unless you set a reminder in remember....

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:31 AM
    We're not complaining we're pointing out issues so they can be fixed. And I think that's the only reason BlackBerry are allowing those leaks to spread, so they have a wider user base to test and report issues so they fix them in the upcoming release.

If BlackBerry really didn't want these leaks to get out they wouldn't - totally agree that we're unofficial beta testers.
    Norg likes this.
    08-11-13 08:09 AM
    10.2 is and will be benchmark setter for the mobile computing world ,did i over do it????
    I think that sometimes it is hard for people to truly understand what "mobile computing" is and to appreciate what they have, no matter which device they are using.
    To try and put it into perspective, I will give a sample from my experience as a surveyor.
    Surveyors around the world use data collectors (and I have seen the same devices used in the medical field). These are true mobile computing devices able to run a variety of software programs. While they tend to be smaller than a notepad, they are still much larger and thicker than any phone out there. But that is really only a minor difference....the major difference is the cost of the devices and the associated software.
    These true "mobile computing" devices cost $4-5,000 and the additional software to run on them cost well over $1,000 apiece, with some even much higher.
    Given this understanding, I have always been impressed with what all of the phone manufacturers have been able to provide and for the basically 'pocket change' that they charge. I know that many people complain about the cost of their phones and think that they should be sold cheaper, but the reality is, is that they are getting them for next to nothing anyways.

As for BlackBerry and this new os, it is my understanding that this level of "mobile computing" is what they are trying to achieve on their phones. As to whether they can or not, or if the current android or iOS systems can achieve this,remains to be seen. However, I look at the recent announcement by the DoD that they are allowing the BB10 devices to be the first mobile devices to access some of their systems (I am stating this in general terms, for specifics there is another thread), as a sign that they are headed in the right direction. This also must speak for something as to the BB10 os and where it stands in relation to other systems.

I know that this is a rather large post, and probably not the appropriate place, but I see references to "mobile computing" and hope to shed some light on the concept so that people can have greater understanding where the technology stands from an end-users point of view, as opposed to simply looking at the 'specs' or if 'this doesn't work and that doesn't work' and arguing those back and forth.

Thanks for your time, if you put up with my long-winded rambling....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zed_10; 08-11-13 at 08:42 AM.
    Mecca EL and Norg like this.
    08-11-13 08:21 AM

or
    How do you know that the OP doesn't realize that the leak is a finished project? As far as them "complaining", how would a leak be improved if one doesn't express their opinion of it? Just because you like something doesn't make it wrong that someone else doesn't like it.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    08-11-13 09:42 AM
    It may not be top notch yet but at least it shows they have been and are working steadily on improvements for us. Myself I enjoy the .1047 and the difference are quite noticeable and handy.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    AquaBoogie likes this.
    08-11-13 10:13 AM
    OK thanks for your thoughts. God bless

Posted via CB10
    Uh, you're welcome.
    08-11-13 05:32 PM
    How do you know that the OP doesn't realize that the leak is a finished project? As far as them "complaining", how would a leak be improved if one doesn't express their opinion of it? Just because you like something doesn't make it wrong that someone else doesn't like it.
    I don't know what the OP knows or doesn't know. If the leaks were perfect we wouldn't have threads popping up 4-5 at a time complaining. It doesn't matter if I like it or not. OP doesn't like it, ok, cool. But, comments could have been made listing these same issues on any one of over 30+(that was counted last week) threads. Better or Worse OS. That's the chance all of us take when upgrading our OS. That's why the disclaimer is posted with every leak.......going back to '07.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-11-13 05:55 PM
    I was getting that 5 hour battery life thing too, but it increased noticeably when I did a device wipe AFTER installing 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-11-13 06:06 PM
    I don't know what the OP knows or doesn't know. If the leaks were perfect we wouldn't have threads popping up 4-5 at a time complaining. It doesn't matter if I like it or not. OP doesn't like it, ok, cool. But, comments could have been made listing these same issues on any one of over 30+(that was counted last week) threads. Better or Worse OS. That's the chance all of us take when upgrading our OS. That's why the disclaimer is posted with every leak.......going back to '07.
    Dear Blacklatino, there are many ways to skin a cat, and if it works then it's all good !!

Respectfully, gliveron !!

STL100-3 / 10.2.0.1443
    Last edited by gliveron; 09-06-13 at 08:08 AM.
    shriscean likes this.
    08-13-13 02:55 PM
    im surprised that you only get 5 hours out of it. I just installed it today and is blown away. It has been 8 hours since i unplugged it, did some 2 hours music and a bit of sms. My phone is currently still alive and well with battery % of 75%. Im simply blown away
    08-13-13 03:06 PM
100 ... 234