08-13-13 04:06 PM
100 1234
tools
    Your on a leaked OS? Of course it won't be perfect..

Posted via CB10
    Thank you the reason this is a LEAK is because it is not complete! If unhappy roll back, there is no spoon feeding going on, you are running an OS not intended for public consumption. It is one of many versions in testing over worldwide networks. Both my wife and I are happy with 10.2 and understand we are voluntarily beta testing this software.
    Mecca EL, sergey_IL and bungaboy like this.
    08-09-13 07:59 PM
    Not to mention as I was typing this I received a text that was 3 lines long and I had to go into the text app to completely read it.
    They need to make the text scroll to the end then the fade timer starts at the end. It's a solvable problem for sure. Now should the scrolling be horizontal or vertical? I'd say horizontal
    08-09-13 08:15 PM
    I'm not complaining I'm simply making an observation. Maybe if more people spoke up what they expect from bb10 we'd get it without having to wait weeks for leaks

Posted via CB10
    Give up. It's no use. The fartfans are piling on.
    shriscean likes this.
    08-09-13 08:39 PM
    Damn! I'm just happy with 10.1 haha

Bottom line, this OS just keeps getting better and better...

Won't lie, saw videos of the leak for 10.2
    Toast messages and wifi direct look sick!

Q10
    Norg likes this.
    08-09-13 08:47 PM
    Give up. It's no use. The fartfans are piling on.
    Be careful what you say in here the keyboard gangsters are everywhere lol
    08-09-13 08:55 PM
    The ability to upload and try new leaks is what makes BlackBerry superior. I'm loving the 1047 leak!

Posted via CB10
    After reading all the crud being dished out, I had to jump in... I think a few of you have taken this way too far !! All AquaBoogie said is that he or she wasn't impressed...he didn't say he hated it, nor did he say it was drak, he simply said that he wasn't impressed. Come on, cut him some slack why don't you. If someone can start a post which states that they "Love something" then surely someone can start one that states "Not impressed with something". I honestly think that had he titled it differently that maybe some of you would not have gotten so up in arms.

BTW, before someone labels me a "troll", please be reminded that I have read and have contributed to many posts in past. Not all, but as many as humanly possible and for the record, I too was dissapointed with 1047's overall performance, especially battery life and have since reverted back to 4633.
    Last edited by gliveron; 08-09-13 at 10:16 PM.
    08-09-13 09:56 PM
    After reading this post and all the crud being dished out, I had to jump in... I think a few of you have taken this way too far !! All AquaBoogie said is that he or she wasn't impressed...he didn't say he hated it, nor did he say it was drak, he simply said that he wasn't impressed. Come on, cut him some slack why don't you. If someone can start a post which states that they "Love something" then surely someone can start one that states "Not impressed with something". I honestly think that had he titled it differently that maybe some of you would not have gotten so up in arms.

BTW, before someone labels me a "troll", please be reminded that I have read and have contributed to many posts in past. Not all, but as many as humanly possible and for the record, I too was dissapointed with 1047's overall performance, especially battery life and have since reverted back to 4633.
    Thank you. Finally someone who doesn't get moist because I verbally expressed an opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:14 PM
    its a leak....stop leaking crap and say what you would like to see tweaked/fixed. Both you and your tricycle friends are contributing zero quality feedback
    08-09-13 11:49 PM
    Wasn't expecting it to be perfect I'm just not as excited about it as a lot of people on here. I'm seeing threads about how much greater than 10.1 it is when it's really not. The features of this leak shouldve been core features of BB10 along with a lot of the features that were core features of OS7. Sorry if I don't share the same joy in this leak like the rest of you.

Posted via CB10
    The toast notifications and replying from anywhere at anytime without leaving what you are doing is enough for me to be excited about this leak. I would give up any bb7 feature for that. If people only knew how powerful that feature is.

Posted via Z10
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-09-13 11:53 PM
    It ain't done.
    It's better.
    It's gonna get more better.
    Whatchu want?

#BB10Believe
    08-09-13 11:58 PM
    Who's a good pig ?
    Attached Thumbnails Not impressed with my 1047 experience-goodpig.jpg  
    08-10-13 12:14 AM
    its a leak....stop leaking crap and say what you would like to see tweaked/fixed. Both you and your tricycle friends are contributing zero quality feedback
    Dude, take a chill pill and show respect for all opinions and moreover I strongly suggest that you stop judging and labelling fellow CrackBerry Heads !!

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4633
    AquaBoogie likes this.
    08-10-13 12:21 AM
    >complaining about a leak that isn't a official release
    >complaining at all
    08-10-13 01:34 AM
    Wasn't expecting it to be perfect I'm just not as excited about it as a lot of people on here. I'm seeing threads about how much greater than 10.1 it is when it's really not. The features of this leak shouldve been core features of BB10 along with a lot of the features that were core features of OS7. Sorry if I don't share the same joy in this leak like the rest of you.

Posted via CB10
    it is well known and heins stated it in an interview that they needed to draw a line for features for the initial release of the OS.
    You cant release something due to a date which changes constantly, how you gonna roll that out on finished phones in the cardboard in a giant warehouse - BEFORE shipping?

stop complaining guys i cant see it anymore...
    08-10-13 03:10 AM
    To be honest the only thing I like about it is the toast notification and even that I think should have the option to control how long it stays on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    This is also my favorite new thing, but it DOES irk me that there's no option for it to stay longer, AND an option to have it turn on your screen if it's dark. (I know some of you wouldn't want this, but that's why I said it would a nice OPTION.) I fear that these won't become optional items in the future. After all, why would they have added the functionality, but not ALL of it. Makes no sense.

I'll also say that Copy and Paste is a MILLION times better now with 1047. That has made my life so much easier!
    AquaBoogie likes this.
    08-10-13 03:53 AM
    And you choosing to insult through your keyboard is contributing what? You keyboard gangsters need a life. If you didn't like this thread here's a thought, you didn't have to read or respond.
    08-10-13 07:25 AM
    Dude, take a chill pill and show respect for all opinions and moreover I strongly suggest that you stop judging and labelling fellow CrackBerry Heads !!

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4633
    It's the world we live in. People can sit behind a computer screen and type what they want knowing there's no physical consequences to it. It is what it is
    08-10-13 07:32 AM
    Just dream last night about new leak OS coming tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 07:33 AM
    Either I'm getting old and grumpy or I've lost patience with people who refuse to do due diligence and then project their failures onto others.

There are a million complain threads about what BB10 is missing. If you read those threads and buy the device anyway you know what to expect so be done with it. If you read the threads and buy the device expecting something else then you have no one to blame.

This is a leaked OS. When you load a leak you must read the disclaimer. If you read the disclaimer and you load the leak you should understand that there will be instability. I've taken a hit on my battery life but that doesn't negate the fact that I've gained more than I've lost in this leak. I do love the new functionalities. So it would be disingenuous to focus only on the one thing I'm having a problem with, it comes with running a leak. If you didn't read the disclaimer on what it means to load a leak, then it's on you.

Can we please stop the blaming game and take responsibility for our own decisions and actions. It's a LEAK. BB10 is not full feature YET. READ the forums and inform yourself.

jesusmaryandjoseph.......
    Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    08-10-13 07:56 AM
    It's the world we live in. People can sit behind a computer screen and type what they want knowing there's no physical consequences to it. It is what it is
    The forum is filled with negativity. You should understand that starting a thread stating you're "not impressed" is really just beating a dead horse considering the number of threads like this that already exist. You could have simply posted your opinion in one of those. Too many people complaining about a leaks performance/features when it's not even an official release. You do realize that this is Crackberry, not BlackBerry right? The chance that Thor is perusing this thread looking for your opinion is pretty low. If you want to get involved, sign in at Blackberry Beta Zone. There is a feature request page that will allow you to voice your opinion where Blackberry will actually see it. You stated you would rather receive a major update once a year than be "spoon fed" - so roll back and when the official release rolls out, it will feel "major".
    08-10-13 07:59 AM
    The forum is filled with negativity. You should understand that starting a thread stating you're "not impressed" is really just beating a dead horse considering the number of threads like this that already exist. You could have simply posted your opinion in one of those. Too many people complaining about a leaks performance/features when it's not even an official release. You do realize that this is Crackberry, not BlackBerry right? The chance that Thor is perusing this thread looking for your opinion is pretty low. If you want to get involved, sign in at Blackberry Beta Zone. There is a feature request page that will allow you to voice your opinion where Blackberry will actually see it. You stated you would rather receive a major update once a year than be "spoon fed" - so roll back and when the official release rolls out, it will feel "major".
    +1, couldn't have said it any better.

AquaBoogie, the lengths we go through, the employees we badger, the risks they take to get us SOMETHING, so that we can share... then to read "I'm not impressed...and I don't know why everyone else is" - I'm paraphrasing you - is inflammatory. You're thread is stating that you've spend hard time, picked apart and monitored, notated and properly concludes that there isn't a single aspect of 1047 worth wasting the time to install...I'm one of the ones that made sure you could even run this leak, and I KNOW you didn't run it through it's paces. You just read the complains of others, then accepted and concluded. I'm human, I know how we work.

One thing I know about complainers, the driving force behind the complaint is the lack of understanding how a thing works. It's THIS foundation that impressions are based, judgments are made. What you did was judged. There's a HUGE difference between judging and observing. Although both are based on opinion, observations lead to factualities - my word, don't use it. Judgments lead to arguments. If your thread had any useful observations "I noticed that after I installed OS yada yada...my battery life after the first week was blah, blah, blah...but I discovered that my battery tanked because the apps that were compiled for OS 10.1.xxx, were not compiled and optimized for use on OS 10.2.xxx". Then imagine the types of responses your thread would have garnered.."you know, I followed your observation, and I TOO discovered..." from some potential keyboard gangster turned politician.

Then again, I TOO could have minded my own d@*^ business, and left my comment out and ignored this thread...which was obviously posted to garner the attention is it receiving.
    08-10-13 09:06 AM
    I personally didn't have any complaints about 10.1. My phone worked as close to perfect as it possibly could in my opinion even though there were a few things from OS7 that I thought would be standards in BB10 (profile management for one). As far as .1047 goes it's a pretty solid OS but I don't see what the hoopla's all about. To be honest the only thing I like about it is the toast notification and even that I think should have the option to control how long it stays on the screen. Not to mention as I was typing this I received a text that was 3 lines long and I had to go into the text app to completely read it. I know BB10 is a work in progress but there are a lot of minuscule things that they continually overlook. Really wish bbry would stop the spoon feed approach to releasing updates and new features.

Posted via CB10
    First of all you are complaining about something that doesn't exist.

Secondly, you have not explored all the features or perhaps they don't make much difference to your life style when it comes to the phone...which is fine. But why knock it when it is not worse than before?

And for the toast notification the time would be nice to control but it is designed to give you a preview vs making people exit from whatever it is they are doing to check what the notification was about. If it took up the whole screen it would defeat the purpose and be annoying every time you tried to do something important and had to wait for the screen to clear up.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-10-13 09:24 AM
    Several days with 10.2 and mightily impressed. Day and night compared to 10.1
    Same here and unlike some leaks this one downloaded and installed perfectly. Link restored all apps just as they were on 10.1. Some folks just have to gripe about something and some start a thread to do it. As said above in several posts, this is a leak. Get over it.
    08-10-13 10:02 AM
    I don't see why so many of you are taking my opinion (not complaint) of this leak so personally. I see people saying I should've read the disclaimer as if I said anything about battery life or bricking the phone. I simply said I wasn't as impressed as a lot of people on here. Nothing more nothing less. Everybody's calling my opinion a negative complaint, trying to get attention. Sorry I have a life I have better things to do then post on the Internet hoping to invoke negative conversation. Simply put if you didn't like my opinion you didn't have to read the post and you sure as hell didn't have to respond. Costs you NOTHING to pay it no mind. Simple

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:09 AM
    10.2 is an amazing OS. It's what should've been on the Z10 when it was released. The only thing they really need to do in my eyes is to "pretty" it up some more.
    08-10-13 12:37 PM
100 1234