08-13-13 03:06 PM
100 1234
tools
    I get this is no Ice cream sandwich to gingerbread upgrade, but to me, the change in battery life alone made me do a flip.

As for toasts, I think the point of them is to only show you a preview. I'd hate if a text took up my whole screen, but I also disliked the popups which showed up dead centre too. But at the same time I wouldn't complain about having an option to set the amount of text displayed in the preview. I'm all about having the options.

You know what I wouldn't mind is if the toast just showed the sender's name, that way the message can't be read unless I tap the toast. That way no over-the-shoulder-creepers can read my texts if I don't want them to.
    08-09-13 12:05 PM
    72 hours and I'm very impressed indeed! Battery life as as it should be, fantastic! Then the OS just feels good and smooth and solid. With .810 runtime installed, Android apps feel more like part of the OS rather than an extension. Even the Skype version I sideloaded works better than the one in BBWorld, Kindle works perfectly on my Q10! (not supported by your device in BBworld). A few bugs, which is expected from a leak, but follow the instructions by the good fellas in the forums and you're good..........I'm good! Its all good!!
    Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    08-09-13 12:59 PM
    Several days with 10.2 and mightily impressed. Day and night compared to 10.1
    Serious question here: what's the top 3 new features that you love about 10.2.0.1047? Maybe I missed something?
    08-09-13 01:03 PM
    Do you even ready the forums?
    No I don't "ready" the forums but if you post a tutorial on it i'll gladly read it.
    08-09-13 01:38 PM
    Ha Ha.. yeah, a moo point, as in a cow's opinion, you know, because it doesn't matter. ;P
    Must've mattered to you because if it didn't you wouldn't have found the time to respond.
    08-09-13 01:40 PM
    10.2.0.1047 is a stable and good enough OS 10 for me and must say it's much better then 4 years of android which beat apple iphone. I hate itunes.

things i love from Z10 new os and generall.
    wifi dirict - streaming mp3 to my surround set
    Hub
    Camera - so great s and good details
    editing photo's is superb
    keyboard is amazing and direclty chance from dutch to indonesian or English
    BBM - love wifi call and is much better then whatsapp

Never had a blackberry and don't care of bold/curve but since 5 months I'm a Blackberry FAN
    08-09-13 02:41 PM
    It gets me that people find it all great to complain about a leaked OS....
    Lol...you hit the nail on the head.

I find it funny how nobody ever pays attention to the warnings and disclaimers about installing the "unofficial leak" at your own risk. People just don't get it.

The next leak should include a disclaimer indicating that if you have any complaints, please go and whine to BlackBerry.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    08-09-13 02:45 PM
    If played right this could be thread of the month.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-09-13 02:53 PM
    If played right this could be thread of the month.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    Naaahh,
    personally I don't see anything new in here.
    I respect everyone's opinion but I do not thing that there is anything new in here that hasn't been already said.
    08-09-13 03:15 PM
    I totally disagree with the OP. I'm a developer and I'm often confronted with the same issue. Some people at my company want a program, we deliver. They want some new stuff asap, we deliver a beta for testing which contains the exact things they wanted and they start complaining. Although you told them it's not the final version, work is still in progress and some things might or might not work.
    What I want to say with this is: it's totally unnecessary telling people your not impressed. You should be glad that a) blackberry is taking care of taking os 10 to the next level (compare it to windows phone 7 which sucked at the beginning and sucked when 7.5 came out too, the only thing that improved windows phone was the release of Windows phone 8) and b) that a group of people is taking the time to publish this beta release in a working version. You should appreciate the hard work and the much time people put into all of that and stop complaining or just leave the leaks behind. We should be glad that the team decided to let us be part of that and try to show some love to the team!

That's all I'm going to say to this topic.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 03:25 PM
    I totally disagree with the OP. I'm a developer and I'm often confronted with the same issue. Some people at my company want a program, we deliver. They want some new stuff asap, we deliver a beta for testing which contains the exact things they wanted and they start complaining. Although you told them it's not the final version, work is still in progress and some things might or might not work.
    What I want to say with this is: it's totally unnecessary telling people your not impressed. You should be glad that a) blackberry is taking care of taking os 10 to the next level (compare it to windows phone 7 which sucked at the beginning and sucked when 7.5 came out too, the only thing that improved windows phone was the release of Windows phone 8) and b) that a group of people is taking the time to publish this beta release in a working version. You should appreciate the hard work and the much time people put into all of that and stop complaining or just leave the leaks behind. We should be glad that the team decided to let us be part of that and try to show some love to the team!

That's all I'm going to say to this topic.

Posted via CB10
    I totally appreciate the fact that the powers that be include the customer in the process by releasing betas that was the whole point. i didn't post it because i had nothing better to do i posted it in hopes that bbry devs would take my opinions into consideration as to what can be done to better the product. It's not like i'm going to frisbee my Q10 because i'm not impressed by a leak i want to invoke the conversation to better the product.
    08-09-13 03:32 PM
    I'm pretty happy with 10.2
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-09-13 03:33 PM
    Lol...you hit the nail on the head.

I find it funny how nobody ever pays attention to the warnings and disclaimers about installing the "unofficial leak" at your own risk. People just don't get it.

The next leak should include a disclaimer indicating that if you have any complaints, please go and whine to BlackBerry.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    Not liking the OS has nothing to do with paying attention to disclaimers. I never said anything about my phone rebooting, bricking or anything that can go wrong in the process of loading a leak. In case you didn't read the disclaimer, this is what crackberry is for, to know what the people think of the product, positive and negative reviews both help BB10 to move forward whether you like it or not.
    08-09-13 03:36 PM
    I totally appreciate the fact that the powers that be include the customer in the process by releasing betas that was the whole point. i didn't post it because i had nothing better to do i posted it in hopes that bbry devs would take my opinions into consideration as to what can be done to better the product. It's not like i'm going to frisbee my Q10 because i'm not impressed by a leak i want to invoke the conversation to better the product.

But that's not going to happen if you keep the reasons for your post to yourself!
    You need to write down what should be added to impress you. If you take your car to the garage and tell them something doesn't feel right about it, what should they do?
    You need to come out with some things that should be improved, like in my opinion the time my Z10 needs to boot is still horrible. If I power my device on I don't want to wait 1-2 min til it's ready to use.

Posted via CB10
    AquaBoogie and Mecca EL like this.
    08-09-13 03:40 PM
    But that's not going to happen if you keep the reasons for your post to yourself!
    You need to write down what should be added to impress you. If you take your car to the garage and tell them something doesn't feel right about it, what should they do?
    You need to come out with some things that should be improved, like in my opinion the time my Z10 needs to boot is still horrible. If I power my device on I don't want to wait 1-2 min til it's ready to use.

Posted via CB10
    I did mention what could be done to better the product. I think there should of been core features of OS7 in BB10, Profile management for starters. I also mentioned that swiping out of the hub should bring you out of whatever text email or bbm etc. that you were reading.
    08-09-13 03:53 PM
    It's a leaked OS obviously it's not done yet. Right now they are already on 10.2.0.1155 maybe including everything you said. Just don't download leaks if you are going to complain about them :P wait until Sept/October when the "Full" 10.2 OS is out.
    I don't know why people are complaining about leaks. There are soo many more features/functionality then any 10.1MR... They are moving insanely fast at updating the OS faster then any other company atm.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:02 PM
    another troll posting.
    BB_Junky likes this.
    08-09-13 04:13 PM
    It's a leaked OS obviously it's not done yet. Right now they are already on 10.2.0.1155 maybe including everything you said. Just don't download leaks if you are going to complain about them :P wait until Sept/October when the "Full" 10.2 OS is out.
    I don't know why people are complaining about leaks. There are soo many more features/functionality then any 10.1MR... They are moving insanely fast at updating the OS faster then any other company atm.

Posted via CB10
    I see alot of people are missing the entire point of the post its not to "complain" its to invoke the conversation so that the powers that be that read these comments can take the customers observations into consideration when deciding whats best for the BB community. nothing more nothing less. if anyone doesn't like the approach I took they could've easily scrolled by the post w/o reading or responding. it costs you nothing to pay me no mind
    08-09-13 04:16 PM
    another troll posting.
    another troll reading/responding. cost you nothing to pay me no mind
    08-09-13 04:17 PM
    This thread is ********. Who gives a $?#! If you aren't impressed.

Posted via SEGA master system
    08-09-13 04:21 PM
    This thread is ********. Who gives a $?#! If you aren't impressed.

Posted via SEGA master system
    Congrats you read and responded to a post you personally think is ******** so what does that make you?
    Norg likes this.
    08-09-13 04:51 PM
    The ability to upload and try new leaks is what makes BlackBerry superior. I'm loving the 1047 leak!

Posted via CB10
    AquaBoogie and shriscean like this.
    08-09-13 05:04 PM
    The ability to upload and try new leaks is what makes BlackBerry superior. I'm loving the 1047 leak!

Posted via CB10
    I love the leaks too but it defeats the purpose if theres no open dialog about them.
    Norg likes this.
    08-09-13 05:28 PM
    I didn't notice this major difference running android apps. The ones that didn't work before don't work now and nothing is noticeably faster to me. I've used the leak on my q10 and z 10.
    shriscean likes this.
    08-09-13 06:17 PM
    810 has been rock solid for me; the others, not so much. I am running the updated weather and clock bar files from the latest 10.2 leak.

What people need to understand is that we all have our phones configured differently, use different methodology to install leaks, upgrade bars, sideload various apps etc... so they are all different. I would offer that most people running 10.2 are running something resembling a hybrid.

Enjoy the leaks and if it doesn't work take it back to your official carrier version. Pretty simple.

I am loving the fact that BlackBerry programmers and engineers are rocking it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:35 PM
100 1234