08-13-13 03:06 PM
100 123 ...
tools
    I personally didn't have any complaints about 10.1. My phone worked as close to perfect as it possibly could in my opinion even though there were a few things from OS7 that I thought would be standards in BB10 (profile management for one). As far as .1047 goes it's a pretty solid OS but I don't see what the hoopla's all about. To be honest the only thing I REALLY like about it is the toast notification and even that I think should have the option to control how long it stays on the screen. Not to mention as I was typing this I received a text that was 3 lines long and I had to go into the text app to completely read it. I know BB10 is a work in progress but there are a lot of minuscule things that they continually overlook. Really wish bbry would stop the spoon feed approach to releasing updates and new features.

My Likes:
    - UI seems "cleaner" and sleeker
    - Os is very quick and responsive
    - Copy and paste is easier
    - Hub icon
    - Toast notification
    My Dislikes/What I Would LOVE To Have In The Official Version:
    - Battery Life. I'm getting 5 hours tops
    - Swiping out of the hub doesn't fully close the text or email you were reading
    - Toast notification disappears too quick
    - Can't control the time in which the toast notification stays on screen
    - Cant scroll thru text on toast notification
    - Dark theme (my personal favorite feature on my Q10) is gone
    - Still no custom profile management
    - Active frame enable/disable
    - Hide icons
    - Theme options/Different colorways

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AquaBoogie; 08-10-13 at 01:50 PM. Reason: I don't want anyone else thinking this thread was started for the purpose of inciting negative dialogue.
    08-09-13 08:51 AM
    Your on a leaked OS? Of course it won't be perfect..

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 08:52 AM
    I'm pretty sure we should be getting newer builds. Don't fret, this isn't going to be the final version.

Don't also forget that this build is "leaked"; Blackberry didn't intend this to go out on the wild. So the fact that you installed this acknowledges that you WILL find lots of bugs. Read the disclaimer first to prevent any extreme expectations on your part.

Personally though, despite the numerous bugs (particularly FB Integration; solved by loading an older version component of 10.2, and Mobile Hotspot activation) this version is a HUGE step from 10.1.
    08-09-13 08:55 AM
    It gets me that people find it all great to complain about a leaked OS....
    08-09-13 08:59 AM
    Your on a leaked OS? Of course it won't be perfect..

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't expecting it to be perfect I'm just not as excited about it as a lot of people on here. I'm seeing threads about how much greater than 10.1 it is when it's really not. The features of this leak shouldve been core features of BB10 along with a lot of the features that were core features of OS7. Sorry if I don't share the same joy in this leak like the rest of you.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:05 AM
    Why are you sorry that a leaked OS didn't impress you and why did you feel that such a moment required a dedicated thread for discussion? There are many threads on this OS to express your sorrow in.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:12 AM
    It gets me that people find it all great to complain about a leaked OS....
    I'm not complaining I'm simply making an observation. Maybe if more people spoke up what they expect from bb10 we'd get it without having to wait weeks for leaks

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:14 AM
    I'm not complaining I'm simply making an observation. Maybe if more people spoke up what they expect from bb10 we'd get it without having to wait weeks for leaks

Posted via CB10
    Do you even ready the forums? Plenty of people and threads where people speak out on missing features and what they want.
    08-09-13 09:18 AM
    Wasn't expecting it to be perfect I'm just not as excited about it as a lot of people on here. I'm seeing threads about how much greater than 10.1 it is when it's really not. The features of this leak shouldve been core features of BB10 along with a lot of the features that were core features of OS7. Sorry if I don't share the same joy in this leak like the rest of you.

Posted via CB10
    I think a few folks are wondering what version YOU downloaded. This "leaked" update takes the BB10 OS to a new level. It has elegant additions like the new colors in the inbox, it has some efficiency additions like priority hub and a few nice updates. Nobody will argue that these should have been in the 10.0 release, but it's a moot point now. The fact is, this is MUCH better. Maybe you should have read the release notes before updating.

The even better news is: it's only a leak and stands to improve before production roll-out.
    08-09-13 09:22 AM
    OMG, this OS is head over heels way better than the Gingerbread Android/Droid 3 combination that I had previously! No complaints here! LOL, but it still can't make me dinner and clean the house.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    08-09-13 09:22 AM
    Why are you sorry that a leaked OS didn't impress you and why did you feel that such a moment required a dedicated thread for discussion? There are many threads on this OS to express your sorrow in.

Posted via CB10
    The same reason you felt the need to express your opinion on my decision to start my own thread. If you didn't like that I started my own, all you had to do is scroll past it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:25 AM
    OMG, this OS is head over heels way better than the Gingerbread Android/Droid 3 combination that I had previously! No complaints here! LOL, but it still can't make me dinner and clean the house.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    Yeah and it can't even figure out whether you want coffee or tea.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-bb10-836928/
    08-09-13 09:28 AM
    The same reason you felt the need to express your opinion on my decision to start my own thread. If you didn't like that I started my own, all you had to do is scroll past it.

Posted via CB10
    I just asked a question. I didn't offer an opinion on your actions.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:31 AM
    I've been running the 10.2 leaks since they've been made available. I did like my time on 10.1 but honestly I can't see myself going back even if there are a few bugs. By playing around myself and with the help of others I've been able to get all of my leaks working just fine.

No OS is going to be perfect but use what works best for you and makes you happy. If that's 10.1 then fire it back up and keep talking about BB10 to help get the sales up! It's a great OS/Device whether you're on a leak or the MR. To each his own
    Kishen likes this.
    08-09-13 09:33 AM

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    Cleaning the house should have been there in 10.0, geez, I dont know what they're thinking, always a step behind.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    08-09-13 09:33 AM
    I personally didn't have any complaints about 10.1. My phone worked as close to perfect as it possibly could in my opinion even though there were a few things from OS7 that I thought would be standards in BB10 (profile management for one). As far as .1047 goes it's a pretty solid OS but I don't see what the hoopla's all about. To be honest the only thing I like about it is the toast notification and even that I think should have the option to control how long it stays on the screen. Not to mention as I was typing this I received a text that was 3 lines long and I had to go into the text app to completely read it. I know BB10 is a work in progress but there are a lot of minuscule things that they continually overlook. Really wish bbry would stop the spoon feed approach to releasing updates and new features.

Posted via CB10
    Would you prefer that BlackBerry release one upgrade each year like Apple and Google?

I like being spoon fed updates every couple of months. The updates may be incremental but substantial improvement has been made since 10.0.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:43 AM
    I've been running the 10.2 leaks since they've been made available. I did like my time on 10.1 but honestly I can't see myself going back even if there are a few bugs. By playing around myself and with the help of others I've been able to get all of my leaks working just fine.

No OS is going to be perfect but use what works best for you and makes you happy. If that's 10.1 then fire it back up and keep talking about BB10 to help get the sales up! It's a great OS/Device whether you're on a leak or the MR. To each his own
    I totally agree with you BB10 is a great OS. 10.2 is good as well I hope BB10 eventually becomes the OS I know it has the potential to be. :-)

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-09-13 09:50 AM
    Would you prefer that BlackBerry release one upgrade each year like Apple and Google?

I like being spoon fed updates every couple of months. The updates may be incremental but substantial improvement has been made since 10.0.

Posted via CB10
    I totally respect that you rather be spoon fed. To each his own. But if I had to wait a year for updates if they would include substantial upgrades, yes I would.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:55 AM
    I personally didn't have any complaints about 10.1. My phone worked as close to perfect as it possibly could in my opinion even though there were a few things from OS7 that I thought would be standards in BB10 (profile management for one). As far as .1047 goes it's a pretty solid OS but I don't see what the hoopla's all about. To be honest the only thing I like about it is the toast notification and even that I think should have the option to control how long it stays on the screen. Not to mention as I was typing this I received a text that was 3 lines long and I had to go into the text app to completely read it. I know BB10 is a work in progress but there are a lot of minuscule things that they continually overlook. Really wish bbry would stop the spoon feed approach to releasing updates and new features.

Posted via CB10
    There are lots of small improvements. Check out some of the posts on berryreview.com.
    I'm still not happy about the lack of business features, but they did improve all the apps and the toast notifications help save time because you can quickly see what has just been delivered to your hub without having to use peek and realise that it's stuck in email view.
    08-09-13 09:56 AM
    I'm not "Impressed" either. But I do not impress easily. The .1047 release has some very nice tweaks, updates, and refinements to my favourite OS. It is still not perfect. Also this new leak/release is extremely smooth; not that 10.1 MR was rough but the .1047 leak takes smooth to the next level. It still has the odd hiccup here and there. If you like to swipe you will love this future OS release. I was awesomed. And I do not awesome easily.
    08-09-13 09:56 AM
    I totally respect that you rather be spoon fed. To each his own. But if I had to wait a year for updates if they would include substantial upgrades, yes I would.

Posted via CB10
    What are the substantial things you are looking for? The things that you point out seem small.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-09-13 09:57 AM
    Expressing your opinion that leaked OS doesn't have enough new features is fine, but as usefull a cow's opinion.
    If you have read through the forums you get a decent idea of what will be coming in 10.2 and there are currently features missing the were confirmed to be coming in 10.2. Your gripes with 10.2 might all be taken care of by the time it is officially released.

PS. We can have the same support windows phone 8 has 1 or 2 updates in year plus. We will have 3 in less than a year 10.1, 10.1 MR, 10.2 and maybe even 10.2 MR.
    08-09-13 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I guess that's the resolution to your particular situation then: don't load leaks. That way, when you get the official update, you may be impressed.

Done and done.
    08-09-13 10:01 AM
    but as usefull a cow's opinion.
    Ha Ha.. yeah, a moo point, as in a cow's opinion, you know, because it doesn't matter. ;P
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    08-09-13 10:53 AM
    Several days with 10.2 and mightily impressed. Day and night compared to 10.1
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-09-13 11:22 AM
100 123 ...