04-17-14 09:12 AM
52 123
tools
    I'd praise Amazon seamless integration. 100% native (client) app, 100% running apps.
    No Google services ? I can live w/o. What is deceptive is to install an apk and either being unable to run it or have annoying popups.
    03-31-14 10:32 AM
    What app is that for you to be talking to all these women?
    Lmao!! That's what i wanna know too.
    03-31-14 11:30 AM
    Try 1mobile. Better app store than amazon imho.
    03-31-14 11:49 AM
    Well it would easy for BlackBerry to make their own android store just how amazon have done, that's how it will probably turn out, or they will make blackberry world include apk's to download and manage with their own version of services to take payment etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:34 PM
    BBW already has that, it's called official ports.

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2947
    03-31-14 01:32 PM
    Pretty much. Good point.

Even Amazon cannot get all Android devs to bring their apps over. B&N, even with a very competitive product, quit on it. Plus, A BB Android App store is probably not the mindshare experiment BB wants to try right now.
    03-31-14 01:57 PM
    Amazon forked their own version of Android. They do not use Google Services.

I will bet you $10 that dude posted that screenshot to show off and generate some "interests". I mean, any Android app ported to BB10 and downloaded from BlackBerry World would show the same message. At least all of mine do with the 10.3 leak.
    03-31-14 02:40 PM
    It's just him creepin on these poor girls hah. Read the first message where he says he likes a thicker woman... doesn't really look like a lot of conversation to me since all the messages seem to be from him

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2228 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    03-31-14 02:48 PM

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2947
    Yes it does, but it's not going to take off the way bbworld is at the moment. (only referring to android)

I'm totally fine with loading apk's manually although the same old issue with play services, but at least amazon gets me over the hurdle for any apps I might want make full use out of.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:44 PM
    If Google is trying to tie all of their apps to their services in some way, how does this impact those apps that are hosted on Amazon's store where Google Play services are not supported? In theory shouldn't the Amazon version of all these apps have the same problem as the APK installs people are running on their BB10 devices?
    Simple: any app that uses GSF on the Play Store wouldn't work in the Amazon Market, so the app's developers have decided to make a separate version that uses Amazon's services instead, and that's the version that is in the Amazon Market.

The problem is that a great many app developers have chosen NOT to support alternative Android markets, because they feel that the costs and hassle of maintaining more than one version of their app isn't cost-effective. This is why the Amazon Market is missing a lot of apps that exist on Google Play, and of course, why BB World is also missing many apps. Android app devs could make a version of their apps and put it in BB World just like some of them do for Amazon, but that is yet another separate build that has to be tested and supported separately, and many devs don't have the resources to do that, or can't justify the expense.
    03-31-14 09:16 PM
    I think blackberry should make their own separate store for Android apps like Amazon did. This way, we can purchase and use said apps through blackberry.
    They do, it's called BlackBerry World.
    Amazon app store is fairly similar to BBW. Except in BBW, you have all types of BlackBerry apps, as well as videos and music. Developers have to submit apps to the amazon app store separately from the playstore. So really, BBW is our source for android apps. Developers are just lazy to port them over because they think it's actually more work when it's literally just 10 minutes of work.
    03-31-14 09:26 PM
    Simple: any app that uses GSF on the Play Store wouldn't work in the Amazon Market, so the app's developers have decided to make a separate version that uses Amazon's services instead, and that's the version that is in the Amazon Market.

The problem is that a great many app developers have chosen NOT to support alternative Android markets, because they feel that the costs and hassle of maintaining more than one version of their app isn't cost-effective. This is why the Amazon Market is missing a lot of apps that exist on Google Play, and of course, why BB World is also missing many apps. Android app devs could make a version of their apps and put it in BB World just like some of them do for Amazon, but that is yet another separate build that has to be tested and supported separately, and many devs don't have the resources to do that, or can't justify the expense.
    Yep.

Another issue is two-fold. Some developers delay updating apps on the Amazon Appstore, and Amazon itself sits on updates. This, coupled with the issues that arose with the Pocket Casts FAOTD fiasco made some developers wary of anything outside Google Play.
    03-31-14 09:45 PM
    They do, it's called BlackBerry World.
    Amazon app store is fairly similar to BBW. Except in BBW, you have all types of BlackBerry apps, as well as videos and music. Developers have to submit apps to the amazon app store separately from the playstore. So really, BBW is our source for android apps. Developers are just lazy to port them over because they think it's actually more work when it's literally just 10 minutes of work.
    No... they don't. I don't see the same line up of apps like I do in the amazon's app store in BlackBerry world. Why should I even download amazon app store or 1mobile if blackberry can do already? We need apps. BlackBerry needs to do something now. Pay the ******* developers big money at this point to get those apps over to BlackBerry while they still have the cash available. At the rate that they are burning money, we won't see blackberry around to much longer. They officially killed the PlayBook that had so much potential and bb10 is pretty much stagnant at this point. No one is buying the phones, our own government is looking for alternatives, carriers have pretty much abandoned blackberry, and our new CEO isn't working on phones for consumers anymore, more like software based for infrastructure which they are losing rapidly also. They have bled BlackBerry dry with all these bad decisions and personality I think they are a bunch of morons

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 10:49 PM
    Did anyone tried loading mix radio or nokia store atleast on z10...????
    pls help , does the apk work on z10?
    And is it worth buying z10 now??
    how is the battery life on z10 on 10.2.1 with heavy usage?
    Does freedom apk support?? on z10
    for hacking in app purchases?
    04-01-14 12:24 AM
    Did anyone tried loading mix radio or nokia store atleast on z10...????
    pls help , does the apk work on z10?
    And is it worth buying z10 now??
    how is the battery life on z10 on 10.2.1 with heavy usage?
    Does freedom apk support?? on z10
    for hacking in app purchases?
    Roshan,
    We won't help hacking anything, especially developers I.P.
    But is it worth to buy a Z10 at current prices ? Yup, it's a top bargain.
    Battery life is somehow on par with IP5.
    Cheers
    SF

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 02:06 AM
    PS thanks to whoever changed the title of the thread, makes much more sense after I rushed to post it!!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:07 AM
    but how far does the android apps performances?
    is there any lag???
    i used an gs3 for 6months and then changed to iphone 4s..all these showed me lag!!!
    so im in a state of choosing wp8 or bb10
    does z10 perform well????
    04-01-14 09:59 PM
    but how far does the android apps performances?
    is there any lag???
    i used an gs3 for 6months and then changed to iphone 4s..all these showed me lag!!!
    so im in a state of choosing wp8 or bb10
    does z10 perform well????
    The Z10 definitely outpaces both of those devices and personally I find the user experience much more pleasant than wp. However if you can, go for the Z30

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 02:02 AM
    With the recent software releases I have had quite a bit of lag with android apps in general. I never use too.

It's bearable as it's only slight, for example in candy crush saga it only lags when it's syncing data and that only lasts a few seconds.

But since the Z30 is a truly amazing phone and everything is solid about it and the OS, I'm more than happy, and the android apps to me is just a nice extra.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 03:30 AM

Thanks Troy. I wasn't sure about that one. Despite not having all the apps of Google Play, it would seem to me that leveraging Amazon would be Blackberry's best bet. When I last checked they seemed to have quite a few popular apps. Maybe enough to hold Blackberry over until they can get more native apps built.
    04-04-14 09:52 PM
    I would imagine the Kindle app in the Amazon store gets updated more often than the port in BB World.

Or...maybe there is no Kindle app in the Amazon store...

Sent via Tapatalk
    04-04-14 10:01 PM
    Just to let you know that with the last update (from amazon app store) Candy Crush stopped working again. So I tried to reinstall play Store and Google service, and still not working. Same thing with Candy Crush from snap.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 06:26 AM
    Just to let you know that with the last update (from amazon app store) Candy Crush stopped working again. So I tried to reinstall play Store and Google service, and still not working. Same thing with Candy Crush from snap.

Posted via CB10
    Candy Crush from Snap works splendid for me. And am on 10.2.1.2947.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 06:17 PM
    2141 here, official release.
    So I guess that's the problem

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same here for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:31 PM
52 123