Hi,
    I have a z10 that I was hoping to have repaired due to it no longer detecting SIM cards but due to the cost I won't be doing this, can I try loading a leak on this? Do I have to log in with my current blackberry ID or can I ignore this step as I only want to play around with the new base OS I have no interest in loading any apps?

As you can tell I haven't loaded a leak so will be wanting the simplest method which i assume is a auto loader?

Thanks
    11-16-14 06:21 AM
    Hi,
    I have a z10 that I was hoping to have repaired due to it no longer detecting SIM cards but due to the cost I won't be doing this, can I try loading a leak on this? Do I have to log in with my current blackberry ID or can I ignore this step as I only want to play around with the new base OS I have no interest in loading any apps?

As you can tell I haven't loaded a leak so will be wanting the simplest method which i assume is a auto loader?

Thanks
    as long as you have wifi access, you shouldn't run into any problems during the OS install. Other than that, go for it. I use my Z10 as my daily driver, and my Q10 over wifi.
    bobo616 likes this.
    11-16-14 06:37 AM
    You can use an autoloader but a non destructive install may not work

Posted via CB10
    bobo616 likes this.
    11-16-14 06:39 AM
    You can use an autoloader but a non destructive install may not work

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, not sure what a non destructive install is though?
    11-16-14 06:51 AM
    Using sachesi to update. It typically will not connect without a valid sim in the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 07:11 AM
    Using sachesi to update. It typically will not connect without a valid sim in the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that's true at all

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 07:12 AM
    Hi,

Thanks
    I don't think you can get past the initial setup screen without Internet access. Because it'll download a terms & conditions page depending on your location. It'll need WiFi at least.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 07:22 AM
    I have wifi access.
    11-16-14 09:33 AM
    No SIM needed for me to load 10.3.0.1418. Gonna load 10.3.1.1151 later tonight
    11-16-14 04:28 PM
    Yes, load it up.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    11-17-14 03:53 PM
    Yeah you can.
    11-17-14 04:14 PM
    Thanks all, now I just need to be brave enough to do it.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:46 AM
    There's nothing brave about it,
    Worst case you factory restore it...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:29 AM
    Yeah but who knows what that exe file contains, it could have a virus that would infect my pc as I normally only run trusted software on my computer from trusted sources but I'm sure this is just my paranoia.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:48 AM
    Which OS do you want to install and for what model number, I'll give you a safe link.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 04:24 AM
    Which OS do you want to install and for what model number, I'll give you a safe link.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.1.1151 Z10 stl 100_2 but how do I know the link you provide is safe?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Then find one yourself, if your getting the link from Crackberry and hundreds have already used it it's a good sign...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    With regards to your paranoia, I pray that the file you find has a virus and it kills your pc. And with that, you would stop wanting to load any leak. One less ***** on the road is always a good sign.

Agreed, I'm being rude here. But then the OP has posted asking for help with installing a leak and though that is answered, he wouldn't go ahead and install it. Rather would sit and reply to everyone's comment and ask questions on how he can trust a file posted on the Internet. He just needs to man up.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:32 AM
    Another post that needs to be shut down. If you know that you are much afraid and don't/can't/ won't trust anyone, why are you asking these VERY same people for advice? This is not a forum for the irrational.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:19 AM
    I'm sorry if I offended anyone but as mentioned it is me just being a bit paranoid and perhaps I don't have the right mentality to load a leak and I wouldn't normally but as my z10 is now basically useless due to the sim card reader not working I thought I would ask the question.

I would love BlackBerry to release official beta software so there was no need for me and my tin foil hat to worry about downloading an unknown file but I'm sure this isn't going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:20 AM
    I'm sorry if I offended anyone but as mentioned it is me just being a bit paranoid and perhaps I don't have the right mentality to load a leak and I wouldn't normally but as my z10 is now basically useless due to the sim card reader not working I thought I would ask the question.

I would love BlackBerry to release official beta software so there was no need for me and my tin foil hat to worry about downloading an unknown file but I'm sure this isn't going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    Happy for the thread to be closed.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but where do you think these autoloaders are coming from?

They're not user made OS's they are directly from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:23 AM
    I'm sorry but where do you think these autoloaders are coming from?

They're not user made OS's they are directly from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I understand the base files are coming from BlackBerry but the wrapper around them is being created by different individuals. I am not sure why there are different autoloaders made by different people for the same model phones as if the files are the same and the process is the same shouldn't all the autoloaders be the same as well?

Anyway, I thank the people again who advised about my initial query and I will either 'man up' or leave it now as I don't think anything else needs to be discussed.

Sorry again if my paranoia offended anyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:37 AM
    I would recommend doing the Non-destructive method.

Download this program: https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/re...RC-Windows.zip

Download this file: https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/sUc69...WWdtm9pSzVWvHx

Extract the program Sachesi plug in your device and open Sachesi.
    Go to the install tab and (put in your password if you have one) drag the. Zip file into the big box and your computer will so the rest of the work.

There is nothing to worry about I have done this multiple times.

Posted via CB10
    bobo616 likes this.
    11-18-14 06:40 AM