09-29-14 09:12 PM
96 1234
tools
    Screen shots

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:13 AM
    It fixed "Lift to wake" and "Bedside mode" so I'm happy with it.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    08-31-14 08:16 AM
    My thought is, how do you find non fanboys and non fangirls on here??? Does not compute.
    pttptppt and jaydee5799 like this.
    08-31-14 09:58 AM
    My thought is, how do you find non fanboys and non fangirls on here??? Does not compute.
    Some days they're more prevalent than fans.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-31-14 10:01 AM
    Don't know if it has been mentioned but panoramic mode stops the picture before a full 360 degree rotation. It misses approximately 50-60 degrees.
    I don't know if this is the way it should be. Thanks for your answers beforehand.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    08-31-14 10:38 AM
    Well, I for one am a BBRY user not a fanboy. I like the phone and that's why I use it. But the moment a different phone becomes the better choice for me I will consider switching because it would be stupid not to otherwise.

When I'm showing friends with another platform a cool BBRY feature, I often toss in that I like a feature that their phones have because I'm more open minded and pragmatic than many around here.
    Last edited by blackmoe; 08-31-14 at 11:45 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-31-14 10:41 AM
    Wifi : real BAD and I must use manual setting to get the wifi signal ,other things is when it's connected no bars are filled. Oher strange thing is when I get my simcard out it has bars and it's no problem to set wifi on/off because it;s Always coming back. I'm tested 3 routers and 2 hotspots. Myself using an ASUS N66U.
    That's weird. I'm using the same router and I now have rock solid wifi connection on my z30. The sub 1000 builds were very bad, but 1052 and 1130 are very good.

I really like 10.3 so far. It has some neat features like meeting mode or advanced interaction that make life a bit easier. It runs very fast and smooth. The ui is OK, I'm not a friend of flat ui, but some things need some refinement. E.g. the pop up messages when deleting messages from hub and it asks if from hub or server and hub. The whole thing is just white and the only difference between heading and content is that the heading is bold, looks awkward.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 11:40 AM
    I will not go back to 10.2 for one reason, the best feature for me in 10.3 is remote email search for imap accounts. Don't need to store "forever" on my phone. It works well with GMAIL and Google Apps accounts.

I have missed this business feature since bbos.

Posted via CB10
    Furell likes this.
    08-31-14 11:53 AM
    That's weird. I'm using the same router and I now have rock solid wifi connection on my z30. The sub 1000 builds were very bad, but 1052 and 1130 are very good.

I really like 10.3 so far. It has some neat features like meeting mode or advanced interaction that make life a bit easier. It runs very fast and smooth. The ui is OK, I'm not a friend of flat ui, but some things need some refinement. E.g. the pop up messages when deleting messages from hub and it asks if from hub or server and hub. The whole thing is just white and the only difference between heading and content is that the heading is bold, looks awkward.

Posted via CB10
    To make it stranger. When i get my sim card out there seems no problem. my wife has the same problem with the Z10. It's a provider problem or something.
    08-31-14 11:59 AM
    Love it. I don't like how the compose button stays while scrolling on hub, and battery life. ..my only two complaints. The battery issue forced me to go back to 10.2.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253
    Can anyone show me what is meant by compose button says while scrolling on Hub? Thanks .

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:12 PM
    Non fanboys: how do you really like BlackBerry 10.3?-uploadfromtaptalk1409501902111.jpg
    08-31-14 12:18 PM
    I've been using 10.3.0.1052 for a few days now. This is the first time I install a leak but I really wanted to get a taste of what we will get in the coming weeks.
    Honestly, there are a lot of improvements compared to 10.2.1.

But I am still a little bit annoyed by few things, especially when it comes to the android part.
    I think that we all understood that with the new partnership signed with Amazon, we will see less and less Native apps for big names in the BlackBerry World.

The runtime on 10.3.0.1052 is performant enough for me and I would not blame BlackBerry for using such a strategy for apps BUT:
    - Amazon app shop, from my opinion, doesn't fill the app gap at all. For example, I have 16 android apps that I use daily and really need (banking, subway, navigation, news, cloud, Facebook pages manager apps...) that are not available in the BBWorld. Only 3 of those 16 apps are available in the Amazon app shop... Hopefully we have Snap, but for the average user of a BB10 smartphone, the app gap must be a nightmare.
    -Google Play Services: Well, I don't like the way Google is dealing with its users data but this issue is still a big one as more and more apps are asking for it.
    - Notifications integration for Android apps is a big issue for me... Unfortunately, this issue has still not been solved until now. For 95% of my android apps, I cannot receive notifications in the hub. For the biggest part of them, I have to open the app and refresh to check if I have new notifications. This issue is not acceptable and I really hope that BlackBerry will solve that when working on the final release of 10.3.1.

That being said, I am still waiting for the official release of the OS to make my decision whether I will stay with BlackBerry or switch to another platform.
    I used android for a long period before and I could not consider going back to it. It would be such a downgrade in terms of user experience... Even the new Android L doesn't catch my attention. I find it empty and impersonal.

I really wish things will move in the right direction because I love this phone and this OS but if I don't see any chance when it will be time to replace my Z10 (maximum 1 year), I will unfortunately consider the possibility to go for iOS.

I still believe that BlackBerry can recover his past glory and I wish John Chen all the best in this task!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 - running 10.3.0.1052
    08-31-14 02:05 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:24 PM
    You people are ridiculous. I don't like this, I don't like that. You are using an unofficial leaked OS, which has been better then IOS and Android since 10.1, and still you whine that things aren't working or missing.
    People complaining about apps, still, you got 3 different app stores to chose from, and you are running android apps on a non android phone, what other phone company allows you to do this? None is the correct answer.
    It's never enough no its never enough... for entitled people.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:41 PM
    Yes. Why should anyone have an observation or thought on things official or not. Just take what they give you and be happy.
    Lendo likes this.
    08-31-14 03:30 PM
    You people are ridiculous. I don't like this, I don't like that. You are using an unofficial leaked OS, which has been better then IOS and Android since 10.1, and still you whine that things aren't working or missing.
    People complaining about apps, still, you got 3 different app stores to chose from, and you are running android apps on a non android phone, what other phone company allows you to do this? None is the correct answer.

Posted via CB10
    You seem to be in the wrong thread pal aaaaaarrrtrgh stop the anti-troll
    HotFix likes this.
    08-31-14 04:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    The topic of the thread is what do you feel about 10.3. I don't really think people are complaining, more or less giving their thoughts on 10.3. It helps people like me that are on the fence about downloading & would like to see if it's worth it or will 10.2.1 do until the official 10.3.1 comes out. No need to get so excited, take 'er easy kippers.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 05:15 PM
    UI wise, I'm with SCrid on not likeing the big round sticky call to action at the bottom of apps.

I also think that a dedicated camera shutter (opposed to tap anywhere) is a step in the wrong direction. I mean, even Kitkat is doing the way of the tap anywhere, why are we going backwards when we started the trend?!

I love the rest of it though.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you having a bad day bro?

Non fanboys: how do you really like BlackBerry 10.3?-i_hug_that_feel.png

It will be ok soon.
    SharonRD likes this.
    08-31-14 06:06 PM
    Well, I don't like how the compose button sticks around when you scroll in the hub. I don't like the big round button in the center of the hub action bar at all, prefer when the action bar is straight across. I think the new icons aren't as good looking as the old ones.

I also miss how the most recently used app moved to the front of the home screen queue.

I love that you get an extra row of icons on the screen, the android player seems a lot better, folders can have multiple pages of icons, and there are some new settings like data management that are cool.
    Having seen the various screenshots of 10.3, I completely agree with every point you've touched on, especially that "big round button" and the way the compose button is permanent. No thank you. lol Most everything else looked great! Sadly, I'm too much of a coward to install the leak, and will have to wait for the offical update. lol
    08-31-14 06:25 PM
    Every OS I have tried in the 10.3line is better than the last! I would never go back to anything less. Small niggling issues considered, there isn't much that I don't like. My music doesn't play in my car via BT since 10.2. that's it for me. And even that might be the fault of my SD card or the way it's formatted...who knows?

You COULD try it yourself OP and see what YOU think.
    Furell likes this.
    08-31-14 06:47 PM
    A lot!!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 06:57 PM
    I love it. It's pretty awesome actually. More integrated features. Very nice OS

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 06:59 PM
    Sometimes I kick myself for reading through the leaks forum, because the leaked OS looks so damn fine...and then it makes me want the newest update(s) soo bad, but I'm just chicken-hearted when it comes to leaks. Pretty sad, considering I'm computer tech, you'd think I'd enjoy experimenting with my device. lol But I do love experimenting with computer OS and software, so not a complete chicken.
    08-31-14 07:07 PM
    I may be a fanboy; I'm not sure.

I like 10.3. The multi-page folders are a real plus and the Hub "triage" options are good, although I'd still like to be able to multi-select in the Hub without first choosing "Select more". The two-finger salute for Quick Settings is handy, and I appreciate the option of a blank home screen.

Edit: almost forgot, I like Assistant, especially for creating calendar appointments and meetings. Didn't think I'd use it but I set up ten meetings with it yesterday.

Posted from my Q10.
    08-31-14 07:11 PM
    Speaking of assistant, I really want being able to talk to it without having to hold the button or tapping the app.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 07:26 PM
96 1234