09-29-14 08:12 PM
96 123 ...
tools
    I really want to put it in my phone but don't have time yet. So, in the meantime, what do you guys think of it so far? Overall as a standalone OS. Also, compared to 10.2.1, latest iOS, latest Android and latest WP. I'm really interested in knowing.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:01 PM
    I may not be qualified to answer this, but I think a lot of the new UI elements just aren't as pretty and some features annoy me.

That being said, there's a lot of new features that I really like.
    kbz1960 and akawarrior like this.
    08-30-14 07:05 PM
    I may not be qualified to answer this, but I think a lot of the new UI emelementajhst aren't as pretty and some features annoy me.

That being said, there's a lot of new features that I really like.
    "I think a lot of the new UI emelementajhst aren't as pretty and some features annoy me."

Liiike?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:07 PM
    I'm using it as my daily driver and it has been rock solid for me.

T-Mobile Z10 STL100-3 running 10.3.0.1052 / 1130 / 1154

Posted via CB10
    Minhaaj Rehman and codeslinga like this.
    08-30-14 07:16 PM
    Well, I don't like how the compose button sticks around when you scroll in the hub. I don't like the big round button in the center of the hub action bar at all, prefer when the action bar is straight across. I think the new icons aren't as good looking as the old ones.

I also miss how the most recently used app moved to the front of the home screen queue.

I love that you get an extra row of icons on the screen, the android player seems a lot better, folders can have multiple pages of icons, and there are some new settings like data management that are cool.
    08-30-14 07:18 PM
    Well, I don't like how the compose button sticks around when you scroll in the hub. I don't like the big round button in the center of the hub action bar at all, prefer when the action bar is straight across. I think the new icons aren't as good looking as the old ones.

I also miss how the most recently used app moved to the front of the home screen queue.

I love that you get an extra row of icons on the screen, the android player seems a lot better, folders can have multiple pages of icons, and there are some new settings like data management that are cool.
    +1. My exact sentiments.

STL-4. 10.3.0.1130
    Flatman likes this.
    08-30-14 08:42 PM
    So it basically sounds like it would be better to wait for 10.3.1 & leave 10.3 for the devices it's made for then?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:42 PM

Can you show what you mean with pictures or something? Please.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:47 PM
    So it basically sounds like it would be better to wait for 10.3.1 & leave 10.3 for the devices it's made for then?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. That is the way it is designed.

STL-4. 10.3.0.1130
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-30-14 09:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sort of, but 10.3.1 isn't likely to look much different if that's an issue for you. It'll just pack more improvements and be fully-compatible with other devices, which should hopefully mean less bugs - I'm currently getting a pretty bad camera lag issue when using 16:9 aspect ratio on my Z30, but I've decided to live with it (switched to 4:3) so that I can enjoy all the improvements over 10.2.1/10.2.2. I've also heard that text sometimes doesn't fit on the screen when using BlackBerry Assistant, and Advanced Interactions are a little patchy right now. But the OS is a big improvement in performance and packs a lot of great features, so I've stuck with it.
    NickMcBride and codeslinga like this.
    08-30-14 10:01 PM
    I have 10.3 on my Z10 now and, as close as it is to a finished product, It isn't ready yet. It is useable though and kind of interesting looking. DEfinately looks more modern to me. If you don't mind dealing with little annoyances then go for it. For me for example, the keyboard does not put any punctuation mark except the period (full stop) at the end of a sentence. Like hello ! Isn't that weird ? In 10.2.1 that bit worked perfectly. I don't know why that changed for me. Also if you want to watch a video and you press play in portrait mode and then switch it to landscape it gets stuck to the left side of the screen. It's hard to explain but you just have to remember and switch it to landscape before you go fullscreen on the video. The aesthetics of 10.3's design is really up to individual taste. They moved the select all in the hub to the bottom. But that isn't a huge deal. Just my preferences. On a Q10 the bottom bar may seem a little annoying and sometimes the last thing in a list is sort of covered by the bottom bar which makes little sense. I hope these little things get hashed out by the time 10.3.1 is released. As much as some people don't like the icons set. I got used to it pretty quickly. They do look more simple. Mixed in with all my apps it's barely noticeable. Also the call screen is whack. I hope some of these gripes are only because it is a Passport OS. I don't know.

I do, however, like 10.3 for quite a number of reasons. Multiple pages in app folders. You can move active frames where you want them. The camera is much improved. Oh yeah! Two finger swipe down for quick settings no matter where you are. Music equalizer. The BB Assistant is actually quite nice. Not perfect but nice. Don't really use it anyway. They put in a lot of little things I like, but they still need to work on some issues. You can lift to wake. Just pick up you phone and it wakes up. You can also put the phone face down to put it in sleep mode or whatever. It is a little buggy and sometimes takes a while to turn off the screen which is slower than just tapping the power button.

*Side note for anyone reading this on 10.3. I have a feeling that we may be able to change color themes in upcoming software. There is no other reason I can think of to put the white balance slider in it's own little sub section in the display options called "Display Color Settings". Took me a second to find it thinking it was gone. Also the coloring of some native apps are interesting. Green for the calendar and XLS in Docs To Go and Orange/Red for PPT in Docs To Go just to name a few. Even the first 10.3 leak was all red.

Sorry that was a long read.
    08-30-14 10:18 PM
    Much better than 10.2 imo

Posted via CrackBerry App
    anon721037 and jaydee5799 like this.
    08-30-14 10:24 PM
    I can't imagine going back from Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1130.

I saw an acquaintance's Z10 last night running 10.2.1.xxx and I cringed. I BBM'd him the URL for the latest auto loader immediately.

Adam
    08-30-14 10:32 PM

I saw an acquaintance's Z10 last night running 10.2.1.xxx and I cringed. I BBM'd him the URL for the latest auto loader immediately.

Adam
    I know what you mean. 10.2.1 works well. It has to after all. But looks a bit dated now.
    08-30-14 10:35 PM
    I have been enjoying 10.3 since day one of the leak. I never experienced alot of the inconveniences that some have posted. Maybe cuz I always wait for an autoloader with the radio included. Love all the improvements and some I haven't even tried or found yet. Installing the latest one tomorrow after work! Remember to back up before installing

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    08-30-14 10:43 PM

Adam
    Can one put 10.3 on their phone from their phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:40 PM
    It seems to me that people on these forums incredibly want perfect and somehow expect it. I've never tried 10.3 but if it isn't perfect then is that really a surprise? Is there an OS right now that is perfect? No even iOS and Android that have been out since forever are perfect. Also, you guys are not running final, official OS, so bugs and what not shouldn't come as a surprise.

I think if you guys stop expecting perfection you'd be much happier with your devices and such, and slowly but surely that would rub off on the the rest of the mobile OS / smartphone community.

Posted via CB10
    codeslinga likes this.
    08-30-14 11:44 PM
    I love 10.3. I love multiple pages in folders, I love the cleaner hub look, I love the constant access to quick settings, lift-to-wake, etc. It's been smooth sailing for me, aside from a few tiny bugs that are to be expected.

Honestly if I had dark hub, I'd deem it perfect. That's literally the only thing I'd want changed, and I know that's supposed to come eventually, so I'm not concerned.
    08-31-14 12:33 AM
    Love it. I don't like how the compose button stays while scrolling on hub, and battery life. ..my only two complaints. The battery issue forced me to go back to 10.2.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253
    08-31-14 01:39 AM
    I love it. It's fixed a resetting issue I had on 10.2.1 where the phone would reset itself every few hours. Rdio now works for me too, win.

I think if you're going from 10.2.1 to 10.3 though, it's best to start fresh. I haven't really had any issues except no contacts from my outlook.com account (but syncs fine with my Gmail account).

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:09 AM
    I like BlackBerry UI because it's quick and works great and using now an Android or Ios smartphone it feels old and clumpsy in use.

But there are things I don't like in 10,3
    HUB en SMS are white themed and it's odd ,doesn't feel right (I have a Z30 )
    Camera. I miss the point to click a picture just where I want on the screen, virtual button is abad idea (like old skool). give us a choice in settings. PLEASE it's more spontaneously
    Amazon Store is no use for people like me missing bank account or other apps from there home country
    Wifi : real BAD and I must use manual setting to get the wifi signal ,other things is when it's connected no bars are filled. Oher strange thing is when I get my simcard out it has bars and it's no problem to set wifi on/off because it;s Always coming back. I'm tested 3 routers and 2 hotspots. Myself using an ASUS N66U.

I have more things and there is a lot to like but please BB give us settings for camera, solve wifi and give us a Black Theme so that people don't think it's odd.

I also know it's a leak so considering that the OS rocks for me as daily driver.
    DjChriZ likes this.
    08-31-14 03:18 AM
    I was eyeing the G3 or a Windows phone but I wanted to give 10.3 a shot before abandoning BBRY. I think the upgraded OS is going to keep me around a little longer. I hope there's more features and enhancements in the official release.

Additional thoughts :
    - the screen seems to be brighter without having to turn the brightness up all the way.
    - Many (like...almost all) Android apps work as if they are practically native. Just missing notifications. Hopefully, the official or 10.3.1 takes care of that. I'm not holding my breath though.
    - I love the ability to access Quick Settings from anywhere. Probably one of my favorite updates.
    - I like the camera app although I liked the fact that before you could just touch the screen to take the picture. However, tapping to where you want to focus and a dedicated shutter button is actually more efficient in my opinion. So I welcome this update. I've been taking a lot of photos lately because of so many events I've attended. The camera has been awesome thus far. Made some nice pic stories thus far. and the panoramic view is probably the easiest implementation of any smartphone out there. I've found the stitching process faster than the competition.
    - Another that I like is the music app. No, it's not an awesome app but it's not terrible either. New additions like Favorites and Top Played are cool. BBRY actually made it more navigable as well. Oh yeah, the EQ is a nice addition too.
    - I also think that BlackBerry Blend is going to be key for me too. I haven't played with it yet but from what I can see from the articles on it, it's going to be a great addition.

So this is my two cents. I encourage others with wandering eyes to at least give 10.3 a shot before dumping BlackBerry. But not through leaks, wait for the official release. It will be more polished. The leaks are still a tiny bit rough (good enough for a driver, but just a little rough).

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 05:34 AM
    Battery is good apphandling is good, typing is fast but hanging. everything else sucks
    08-31-14 05:45 AM
    Some nice additions and some little bugs like everything. I don't like the round middle action bar button and it seems they made the other buttons smaller or it seems that way. Swiping from the space bar for suggested words doesn't work for me but everywhere else it works fine. My phone seems faster but some android apps like tapatalk are kind of laggy and the kb is defiantly laggy in tapatalk.

Over all it's the best OS I've used on my phone. Battery life is pretty good too. Almost back to an older OS it was great on.
    08-31-14 06:20 AM
    Remote IMAP Search is great.

Also the thing I have not seen anyone mention is how much faster the hub is now. For me I love that when I read an email and then go back to the hub there are two options that automatically appear (file & delete) beside the email I just read. It makes me faster and it just feels easier.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    codeslinga and w_scott like this.
    08-31-14 06:45 AM
96 123 ...