08-17-13 01:33 PM
161 12345 ...
tools
    And another pointless thread because it doesn't matter how well the argument is made. How you speak your mind how much sense it makes. It's not gonna change anything. Just learn to deal with the things you can not change. And if you can't learn to deal with it. The. Ask god for the strength to accept it

Z10-3 10.2.0.1047
    08-17-13 11:30 AM
    I'm just disappointed that the waiting room was closed. That room ran for a long time with many good people enjoying it. Team members even visited the waiting room from time to post. That room was a great example of us just waiting patiently for whatever whenever. Was it not possible to move the heated people to another room? Why did us nice people lose a place to interact with each other? I like the leaks, the followers of the leaks, the people on the team are fun.

Note: Kris makes good R rated videos but is a scary meanie imho
    nyallj, moody, Dodger52 and 1 others like this.
    08-17-13 11:31 AM
    I have to say this has definitely been a heated argument, and I have to agree about all the posting on bbm or twitter teasing these OS leaks are not helping. Personally if these leaks are not out for carrier release, I don't think they should be leaked on this forum. In the past this was how leaks for the old BBOS handsets functioned.

I don't need 10.2 to have a great handset, Not that I'm knocking it and yes I have used it and liked it. But when its out for carrier release officially then I think it should posted otherwise we get this backlash happening. And if Blackberry takes forever to get it to the carriers, or the carriers take to long to release then I will go to a new handset, its the nature of the business.

Just my thoughts
    08-17-13 11:32 AM
    I suggested that the leaks just drop whenever the leakers feel ready to drop them and without hyping them beforehand. That suggestion was met with a lot of hostility from the leakers.

If it is not obvious that the hype is part of the plan, it should be. 10.1 leaks just get dropped. 10.2 leaks get "tested." Why is that? What about the poor 10.1 users whose devices might get bricked? Should they not get the benefit of this "testing" too?

Posted via CB10
    10.1 builds that get dropped right away because they've been tried and tested for a long time, 10.2 builds are still new. Once 10.2 official is released, we can start dropping 10.2 builds pretty much immediately as well.

Posted via Dev B wielding 10.2.0.1047 | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    Derlitz likes this.
    I'm going to go back to 10.2.0.663, when I had that OS. Before the team. Everyone whine and complained for me to release it. I kept saying no, because it didn't have working phone functionality. Well, I gave in to everyone and released it, and to say the least, those who installed it complained, and those who complained didn't install.

Also I go back to 10.2.0.1047, that was immediately released about 4hrs after we got the links to the CSE Production server.
    I understand where you're coming from kriss but you what? it's their problem...everybody that comes to this section of the forum should know what they getting themselves into,we are not childs here,and you disclaimer is more than enough, from that point on all you can do is try to help them as much a you can and that's it,don't worry if the leaks are buggy or not,they all are,as long as it has the main functionalitys then nobody has the right to complaint.

Posted via CB10
    I understand where you're coming from kriss but you what? it's their problem...everybody that comes to this section of the forum should know what they getting themselves into,we are not childs here,and you disclaimer is more than enough, from that point on all you can do is try to help them as much a you can and that's it,don't worry if the leaks are buggy or not,they all are,as long as it has the main functionalitys then nobody has the right to complaint.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but if I don't test, or the team doesn't test, how can we help with no answers?

08-17-13 11:34 AM
    Agreed, but if I don't test, or the team doesn't test, how can we help with no answers?

Why put that burden on yourself or anyone else put the burden on the entire community other wise it's pretty pointless to have one eh?

Z10-3 10.2.0.1047
    08-17-13 11:35 AM
    And another pointless thread because it doesn't matter how well the argument is made. How you speak your mind how much sense it makes. It's not gonna change anything. Just learn to deal with the things you can not change. And if you can't learn to deal with it. The. Ask god for the strength to accept it

Z10-3 10.2.0.1047
    Lol... this post I like. Although I have to believe that a thread like this COULD be productive to a very small minority. Community forums were never built on the premise of people "dealing with it" (it being the status quo). Rather, it thrives on productive discussion and the bringing forward of new ideas.

Speaking of new things... where's this new leak I keep hearing about???

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:35 AM
    From my point of few, don't mention anything about new leak coming out. It will be better that way. Just like old time. When things are done. Just drop da bomb....
    ^^This! Exactly what I'd suggest. The downside is the team loses out on some of the excitement from the community about what's coming down the pike. But the upside is freedom to take their time, and enjoy the process a bit without having to tolerate all the impatience...

Later,
    B.
    timmcglothlin likes this.
    08-17-13 11:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    And don't forget one important thing to add to Kris. If you don't want people bug you about something then don't mention that you have something.
    clie610 likes this.
    08-17-13 11:37 AM

I don't want to get into this too much beyond what I've already posted, but I will say this... as someone who has dealt with leaked and pre-release software extensively in the past (builds of Windows, specifically), I can not not stress this point enough. Without thoroughly testing a release and just sending it out to the wild if problems do crop up the team members would be unable to assist... it would essentially be like saying "here's the software, if it doesn't work too bad".
    moody likes this.
    08-17-13 11:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    You, in the other thread:
    "Again,i don't care if your "team" release this leak or not, I don't have it on my phone,i have what the carrier send me and I'm happy with that,whenever 10.2 comes out that's when I'm getting it"

Your argument seems valid. Oh, not...

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    moody likes this.
    08-17-13 11:38 AM
    BL's method of testing a leak provides us all with a time saving service. The more qualified people they have on their "team" the more likely they are to find any inherent problems with the OS. Probably most of us who are not qualified to do other than install the leaks when released might consider them an "elite" group. IMHO, that ain't bad. I have no problems with the current methods they use and like all others, will install the leak when released.

Face it, a high percentage of the posters on CB are negative by nature and would gripe if hung with a new rope. Thanks BL.
    moody and Derlitz like this.
    08-17-13 11:40 AM
    I am as patient as they come. I think of the worst, lol. When nothing happens, I'm not disappointed. I'm going to enjoy the chat and hope a bunch of valid questions get asked and answered. Not just the damn same "why don't my sideloaded apps work......black bar etc...". Maybe it gets posted, maybe it doesn't. WAIT and see.

Q10 SQN100-2 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-17-13 11:42 AM
    BL's method of testing a leak provides us all with a time saving service. The more qualified people they have on their "team" the more likely they are to find any inherent problems with the OS. Probably most of us who are not qualified to do other than install the leaks when released might consider them an "elite" group. IMHO, that ain't bad. I have no problems with the current methods they use and like all others, will install the leak when released.

Face it, a high percentage of the posters on CB are negative by nature and would gripe if hung with a new rope. Thanks BL.
    OK we get it. Some people want someone to do everything for them. But CLEARLY there are people who are eager to do it themselves. Some people like exploring and coming up with answers and some like everything handed to them on a silver platter. That where CHOICE and PREFERENCE comes in.
    For those who like it handed to them on a silver platter those people should wait until people who are eager report the problems. Making the eager people wait so you can appease the ones who want it handed to them with a list. Is the cause for these useless redundant comments.
    Z10-3 10.2.0.1047
    08-17-13 11:43 AM
    10.1 builds that get dropped right away because they've been tried and tested for a long time, 10.2 builds are still new. Once 10.2 official is released, we can start dropping 10.2 builds pretty much immediately as well.

Hey Kris and BerryLeaks team,

I think what you guys do is fantastic and I do not disagree with your process. Of course I wish the leaks were dropped immediately but I understand the testing proceds. I read the forums all the time and know how people react (like how you stated they complain about it). We're getting free leaks, which is awesome, and people should be patient about it. You guys are testing to ensure it doesn't f@ck up our phones and is functional. Keep doing what you're doing and thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Zolutar and moody like this.
    08-17-13 11:44 AM
    Hey Kris and BerryLeaks team,

I think what you guys do is fantastic and I do not disagree with your process. Of course I wish the leaks were dropped immediately but I understand the testing proceds. I read the forums all the time and know how people react (like how you stated they complain about it). We're getting free leaks, which is awesome, and people should be patient about it. You guys are testing to ensure it doesn't f@ck up our phones and is functional. Keep doing what you're doing and thanks.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:45 AM
    I think we shud just stop giving leaks at all. This will clear up all this confusion and angst.

And as to the team doing other things to "make $ off the net" or "fame". Well. We don't need leaks for that either.

Just getting very tired of all the entitlement out there.

Iv heard we shouldn't ever "tease" on net bout what's coming or what we have in testing. Hmmm. So. By that reasoning, since I was givin a diff model of Ferrari for testing last weekend, and most people in the world would like to test too. Then I am obligated to release the keys to others for said test? During same weekend? Hmmm. Oh. And im not to tell anyone I'm testing it cause that's teasing and mean. Hmmm. Oh. And I'm not too make any $ of said test by reporting results. Tell that to every automotive tester and writer out there.

Like i said. Maybe it's time we don't leak anymore

End of Rant!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx - BerryLeaks Team Member/co-Founder & posted from the best phone ever. http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    JoBudden and meagnostic like this.
    08-17-13 11:47 AM
    You, in the other thread:
    "Again,i don't care if your "team" release this leak or not, I don't have it on my phone,i have what the carrier send me and I'm happy with that,whenever 10.2 comes out that's when I'm getting it"

Your argument seems valid. Oh, not...

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    Ok,whats your point????

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:48 AM
    OK we get it. Some people want someone to do everything for them. But CLEARLY there are people who are eager to do it themselves. Some people like exploring and coming up with answers and some like everything handed to them on a silver platter. That where CHOICE and PREFERENCE comes in.
    For those who like it handed to them on a silver platter those people should wait until people who are eager report the problems. Making the eager people wait so you can appease the ones who want it handed to them with a list. Is the cause for these useless redundant comments.
    Z10-3 10.2.0.1047
    Find a source, get a leak and feel free to share, give these people the choice and preference if you can.

moody and d3rd like this.
    08-17-13 11:50 AM
    Can we not just leave the berry leaks guys and girls as they are.

Os leaks have always came this same way. Slightly delayed while they are tested.

Just bb10 is higher profile and people seem to make a big thing about new versions.

OS's will come when stable ones are available.

Keep up the good work all of you leakers

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson and moody like this.
    08-17-13 11:51 AM
    ^^This! Exactly what I'd suggest. The downside is the team loses out on some of the excitement from the community about what's coming down the pike. But the upside is freedom to take their time, and enjoy the process a bit without having to tolerate all the impatience...

Later,
    B.
    Except for all the "where's the next leak?!?!?!" threads that crop up.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-17-13 11:52 AM
    I think we shud just stop giving leaks at all. This will clear up all this confusion and angst.

And as to the team doing other things to "make $ off the net" or "fame". Well. We don't need leaks for that either.

Iv heard we shouldn't ever "tease" on net bout what's coming or what we have in testing. Hmmm. So. By that reasoning, since I was givin a diff model of Ferrari for testing last weekend, and most people in the world would like to test too. Then I am obligated to release the keys to others for said test? During same weekend? Hmmm. Oh. And im not to tell anyone I'm testing it cause that's teasing and mean. Hmmm. Oh. And I'm not too make any $ of said test by reporting results. Tell that to every automotive tester and writer out there.

End of Rant!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx - BerryLeaks Team Member/co-Founder & posted from the best phone ever. http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    Please and remove this whole section of the forum. Because while your considering. People entitled we are thinking of how unfair it is for someone to feel entitled to tell us we have to have someone test something for us when it is very clear that a leak is not an official build to begin with. It's common sense and no one on these forums should feel entitles to make choices for the masses. So stop the leaks I'm with you there. Because it's all be a mass argument since the start of someone getting a leak announcing it and holding it

Z10-3 10.2.0.1047
    08-17-13 11:52 AM

End of Rant!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx - BerryLeaks Team Member/co-Founder & posted from the best phone ever. Wigley's News - BlackBerry BBM Channel Pin for Wigley's News
    Months before, people were complaining due to lack of progress on the Playbook OS as updates were far in between. Of course there was no "leaks" before.

Jump to now that someone is providing leaks just to show progress and people are complaining there are lack of leaks, entitled to a leak etc..

Well, I guessed someone wished for frequent updates on the OS; here it is. Be careful what you wish for indeed... I think we need to meet somewhere in the middle yes?
    08-17-13 11:53 AM
    Will this new Ferrari work on the STL100-1??

End of Rant!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:54 AM
161 12345 ...