08-17-13 12:33 PM
161 1234 ...
tools
    People would still be crying out (with multiple threads) for the latest leak
    Well, if they don't get anything or teased then nothing will happen. People will calm down by them self and learn to just sit tight and wait for it

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:09 AM
    I don't want a specified release date, all that will do is crash servers as everyone attempts to download at once. Leaks should drop as and when it's convenient for the leaker to do so. I just wish they would keep quiet about what they are currently testing, I mean 832 posts in a thread for a leak we don't have? C'mon ppl, get a life!
    Good counter argument. This is the kind of productive discussion I was hoping for with this thread.

Mega would be crippled if the entire leak-happy community were to charge their servers all at once once the release date hit. The leak thread would then be littered with postings about how slow Mega is performing and requests for people to post up mirrors.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:09 AM
    Personally I like the excitement of a new leak coming and the GOOD BANTER that goes on with it. People talk about what they would like to see in new OS and problems they are having.
    Also the guys do there Google show and talk about topics that people enjoy and let us ask questions because people like myself are not computer smart and I learn from all of this type of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    We are all learning mate.
    No one here is an expert.
    Even the Os builder themselves ain't an expert yet, as we can see sometimes newer os doesn't mean better build.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-17-13 10:11 AM
    What does it to us us users? And eventhough it is bad we still load it on. ROFL.
    As we cannot alter the OS, what does the testing and teasing for? Can u fix it? NOPE.
    Don't tempt hungry people with food that you can't provide. That's my point. As for me, I couldn't careless when new leak will comes out. I just don't like the way it goes. Stick together, BlackBerry is dying.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    HarryDragon likes this.
    08-17-13 10:12 AM
    Well here is my issue.

After the actual release of a leaked os. People are encountering more problems then what are found by the team. Like the wifi issue. Testing is only good if you have every instrument used in the world as far as wifi products go. Have testers on every carrier around the world. And it's been pretty clear that what works for some doesn't work for everyone. Seems every device has different issues and this isn't just for leaks it is for official carrier os' to. It seems to me that the install process of the os itself is pretty inconsistent.

I happen to agree with other people. But this is known. The testing process is pretty obsolete and if you're gonna test and support it then there is no use in the disclaimer of installing it at your own risk. Because obviously we have to have a team to certify a leak. Which is not a certified release to begin with.

Z10-3 10.2.0.1047
    mania626, Uzi, ealvnv and 2 others like this.
    08-17-13 10:12 AM
    Patience is a good thing to have...we should thank BL team for putting the leaks out there... asking for more is too much... .. they can do whatever they want to avoid violating their terms with their source...just my 2 cents.
    anon721037, moody and Derlitz like this.
    08-17-13 10:13 AM
    I've been saying this a couple times now, some of the stuff can get fixed by loading other bar files or radios ect. Sure it's not as customizable as bbos was but you can alter it alittle.
    And I do agree that even if it's "bad" most people still load it to get our "leak fix" lol

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    Well, that is right.
    Thanks to Sacha and Darcy for providing the tools.
    As for the fix, I believe once problem spotted other experienced users will help providing the bar file(s)

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    08-17-13 10:14 AM
    My recommendation is stop releasing leaks. You the "team" and your contacts at RIM are the ones who are really at risk. I say STOP IT. Stop putting your life at risk to be cursed out at the end of the day. My grandmother always told me sometimes the good has to suffer for the bad and this is one of those times.

Stop it and go on and enjoy your day/family/friends.

What will the negative people say then? One bad apple spoils the bunch and unfortunately in the CB community we have a lot of bad apples.

Posted via CB10 - Channel C0007098A
    Wbrian likes this.
    08-17-13 10:14 AM
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    Harrydragon, and you keep ignoring my three or four post saying how you can alter leaks by using different bars or radios.
    Sure it's not as customizable as bbos but you can still do some altering

*edit*
    Harrydragon answered /saw my posts lol

08-17-13 10:15 AM
    The animosity is not coming from the lack of information on when the new leak will drop. It is coming from the fact that the "team" is starting to appear elitist (to borrow that cheesy phrase from our lousy media outlets). The club exclusivity is a bit ridiculous. There is no openness or community spirit about it. If there is a concern about backlash and negative feedback (frankly I don't understand why anyone cares, it's not personal), then release the leak on your new site and don't bother with CB until a week later. Those that want it can grab it from BerryLeaks right away. The rest can wait for the vetted version on CB.

Bottom line is that having a leak source is great, but if you are community oriented then there is no reason why you need to do exclusive testing. The latter is simply an egotistical thing. The fact that the "team" is building an ecosystem around their exclusiveness just further exacerbates this view.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:17 AM
    I usually don't get involved in things like this but I think this would be a smarter way of doing it just to avoid headaches is not even post a new leak waiting room thread. Especially after stating it's coming out on Friday. I would personally just get a leak, do my standard testing and then post it up after the 48-72hrs settle in time.

That's just my $0.01. Decided to keep the other penny just in case I gotta add another lol.

Sent from my HooliGanG? 10 smartphone on the KRYNGLE network.
    08-17-13 10:18 AM
    Harrydragon, and you keep ignoring my three or four post saying how you can alter leaks by using different bars or radios.

*edit*

ROFL read my previous post mate. I ain't ignoring anyone here.
    I know, that is why we are here in CB have lots of smart people that willing helping each other.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and JoBudden like this.

*edit*

Me too,and you're right.sorry lol

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and HarryDragon like this.
    I don't necessarily think that leaks are a bad thing, however it shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is to some people. When it comes it comes, plain and simple... nobody is going to lose their life if a piece of software doesn't drop immediately, and to prevent as much headache as possible I believe the volunteers who are a part of BerryLeaks should take their time in testing and releasing these things to the community instead of rushing.

Just my two cents -- and thank you to the members of BerryLeaks for all that you do.
    anon721037, moody and Derlitz like this.
    08-17-13 10:20 AM
    Me too,and you're right.sorry lol

Posted via CB10
    Ps, no hard feelings to you or Harrydragon, just trying to let people know of the other tools ect,

mania626, HarryDragon and Dodger52 like this.
    08-17-13 10:21 AM
    I usually don't get involved in things like this but I think this would be a smarter way of doing it just to avoid headaches is not even post a new leak waiting room thread. Especially after stating it's coming out on Friday. I would personally just get a leak, do my standard testing and then post it up after the 48-72hrs settle in time.

That's just my $0.01. Decided to keep the other penny just in case I gotta add another lol.

Sent from my HooliGanG? 10 smartphone on the KRYNGLE network.
    I don't plan to get involved in this discussion, I think it's best to let you all voice your opinions as you see fit, but there is one small thing I would like to clear up. No one from the team has stated a leak was coming out on Friday. Some people came to this conclusion as a lot of leaks in the past were released on Friday. The team never announced any date though, nor did we start the waiting room thread. This was started by some of the kind folks who wanted a place to hang out at while they were discussing what they thought would be coming next.
    timmcglothlin and moody like this.
    08-17-13 10:23 AM
    I think this would be a smarter way of doing it just to avoid headaches is not even post a new leak waiting room thread. Especially after stating it's coming out on Friday.
    Just for the record. We didn't start the thread and never said it'll be Friday.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    timmcglothlin, moody and Derlitz like this.
    08-17-13 10:23 AM
    Ps, no hard feelings to you or Harrydragon, just trying to let people know of the other tools ect,

No worries mate. It's all good. We are all here helping each other. Not trying to be a smarta**

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:24 AM
    If they're ready to release the leak, they will. If they're not, they won't. If they want to release it later, they can release it later. It's not ours to give, take, or make demands about...
    Quoted for Truth!

Thread should have been closed after this was posted... And all discussion over

Posted via CB10
    timmcglothlin likes this.
    08-17-13 10:25 AM
    The animosity is not coming from the lack of information on when the new leak will drop. It is coming from the fact that the "team" is starting to appear elitist (to borrow that cheesy phrase from our lousy media outlets). The club exclusivity is a bit ridiculous. There is no openness or community spirit about it. If there is a concern about backlash and negative feedback (frankly I don't understand why anyone cares, it's not personal), then release the leak on your new site and don't bother with CB until a week later. Those that want it can grab it from BerryLeaks right away. The rest can wait for the vetted version on CB.

Bottom line is that having a leak source is great, but if you are community oriented then there is no reason why you need to do exclusive testing. The latter is simply an egotistical thing. The fact that the "team" is building an ecosystem around their exclusiveness just further exacerbates this view.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest, if it was exclusive, I would've just kept this job to myself rather than inviting 19 other people into the fold.

We are community based. We test to make sure the community will have a good experience.

As to a previous poster about us not finding all issues. Your right there is no one way we can find 100% of the issues, as every device is different as weird as that is. But you can be guaranteed that we've found about 90% of the issues and have a answer for everyone one of them. And if a issue arises, it's something that's probably happened in the past on another leak, so we have an answer for that as well.

Which brings me back to the "community" comment. We stick around to help people out with their issues they're having with their devices after loading a leak. If we were so called exclusive or elitist, we would just sit back and watch everyone toil in the trouble they're having.

Posted via Dev B wielding 10.2.0.1047 | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    timmcglothlin, nyallj and moody like this.
    08-17-13 10:25 AM
    I suggested that the leaks just drop whenever the leakers feel ready to drop them and without hyping them beforehand. That suggestion was met with a lot of hostility from the leakers.

If it is not obvious that the hype is part of the plan, it should be. 10.1 leaks just get dropped. 10.2 leaks get "tested." Why is that? What about the poor 10.1 users whose devices might get bricked? Should they not get the benefit of this "testing" too?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:27 AM
    IMHO, the BerryLeaks Team should never ever announce any leak date. They should not even mention they are testing a particular leaked OS. It brings them hassle and causes frustration among BB10 addicts.

What I like most is being suddendly notified by CB10 that "BerryLeaks Team Presents: 10.2.0.XXXX for ALL DEVICES", with the yellow disclaimer in the OP and the Mega download links. This is so exciting!..

So once again, I want to thank all the BerryLeaks Team, particularly Kris, for the job. You guys just rock!

(Please excuse my English, I am French)
    08-17-13 10:27 AM
    Here's my take. This beta software is released to a very specific group of people. They sign nda's etc to keep it secure etc. Occasionally, one of these testers leaks this to a person group or even publicly at their own peril.
    In this case, it was leaked to a specific group. In my eyes they are protecting us from ourselves and how half of the posters have been whining about it, they are well justified to do so. When they decide to go public, IF they ever decide to go public is their choice whether you/we like it or not and should be very grateful for when and if they do. And if they don't, I'm sure they have good reason not to and again we should be grateful for saving us from a lot of headaches.
    We the end users have no control over leaks, we didn't before the elite team, and the same now with the elite team. If the source of the leak wanted to go straight to public he would have gone public in the first place.
    Time for some people to go take a valium, chill out and just wait for the leak, or another leak to drop, whenever that is.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    danfrancisco, Montmartre and moody like this.
    08-17-13 10:28 AM
    Is this legal?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:28 AM
    Sure seems like a lot of whining by those who feel they are entitled to something they don't have (i.e. the newest OS leak). You get it when you get it, else go find a leak yourself!

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    timmcglothlin likes this.
    08-17-13 10:30 AM
161 1234 ...