OK, I have been reading quite a bit in this forum and from what I understand there are basically two ways of updating a BB10 OS: Destructive and Non-destructive.

Destructive updating is either (1) using BB Link to do a factory reset, (2) using an autoloader, or (2) using Sachesi, Darcy, or similar programs (hereon mentioned as Sachesi et al.) to update using a debrick .bar file + appropriate radio .bar file.

Non-destructive updating can be done in three ways:
    1. Do an over-the-air update.
    2. Use Sachesi et al. to update to an OS version officially released by a carrier other than yours. This is outlined in the following guide: [Guide] How to do Non-Destructive OS Upgrade with Sachesi
    3. Use Sachesi et al. to (a) extract .bar files from debrick file, (b) install radio .bar + OS .bar + extracted .bar files from debrick file. As far as I understand, there is no OS .bar from a debrick file because the whole debrick file acts as an OS .bar, so you have to supply a separate OS .bar with the app .bars you get from the debrick file.

Am I correct so far?

Now I am interested (as the title says) whether there is a way to update non-destructively using just an autoloader .exe file. From what I understand and from tinkering, it seems one cannot, since an autoloader usually is a debrick file (which has no OS .bar to extract) plus a radio file. Or am I wrong here?
    10-12-14 02:43 PM
    Destructive updating is either ... (2) using Sachesi, Darcy, or similar programs (hereon mentioned as Sachesi et al.) to update using a debrick .bar file + appropriate radio .bar file.
    This would be non-destructive. Sideloading a debrick will make it act like a core.

Also if you autoload a core os and/or radio, it will be non-destructive. That is, the debrick is destructive when flashed (via an autoloader) only. Nothing else is destructive though.
    nuntym likes this.
    10-12-14 02:50 PM
    Ah, gocha, thank you xsacha!

(Hey that rhymes!)

So ok, let's say I am feeling adventurous and I just downloaded an autoloader of the latest OS leaked for my phone. How would I be able to extract the debrick and radio files and make them sideloadable? I am asking because the radio and debrick files, when extracted, are .signed files which I cannot sideload, unless I extract the app files from the debrick .signed files, which then cannot be sideloaded as a core file anymore...and of course also leaves the radio file still in .signed format.
    10-12-14 02:56 PM
    . How would I be able to extract the debrick and radio files and make them sideloadable?
    You cant

You have to get your hands on the bar for the core os and radio.

You can go from bar>signed or autoloader but you can't go from signed or autoloader > bar (you can extract the app bars from signed or autoloader, but not the core os & radio).

Note: side loading the debrick bar is identical to side loading the core os (non destructive). You still have to load the app bars & radio as well
    nuntym likes this.
    10-12-14 03:06 PM
    You cant

You have to get your hands on the bar for the ckr is and radio.

You can go from bar>signed or autoloader but you can't go from signed or autoloader > bar (you can extract the app bars from signed or autoloader, but not the core os & radio).
    I suspected as much. So the answer to the question for this thread is: NO. Thank you!
    10-12-14 03:09 PM
    I suspected as much. So the answer to the question for this thread is: NO. Thank you!
    EXACTLY!

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.632
    10-13-14 05:18 AM