I generally use auto loaders, and then restore. But doing the restore of 10.3.1.821 has made my hug and notifications pretty unstable.

So I am going to install 10.3.1.938 without a restore. But when you guys do that, do you just accept the fact that all your data from apps is lost?

My contacts are all synced, bug game sores, account into, bookmarks, etc are all lost. Or do you just not restore core os stuff?

Thanks,
    ~Shea M.
    10-23-14 10:48 PM
    I generally use auto loaders, and then restore. But doing the restore of 10.3.1.821 has made my hug and notifications pretty unstable.

So I am going to install 10.3.1.938 without a restore. But when you guys do that, do you just accept the fact that all your data from apps is lost?

My contacts are all synced, bug game sores, account into, bookmarks, etc are all lost. Or do you just not restore core os stuff?

Thanks,
    ~Shea M.
    I deal with losing stuff, it's all part of the game.

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my NUTS! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever) Current Peevishlicious crew 'Enforcer'
    10-23-14 11:11 PM
    Use the blitz install. It's nondestructive. I had a terrible time on 821 for a week. Been smooth as heck on 938, right from the get go. No way I can manage without restoring my personal data. There are apps to backup some stuff, but not everything I need, since BlackBerry hasn't allowed developers access to key databases. Check out Firechest in App World, and see if it will work for you.

Edit - Nothing will backup your app info besides Link or Sachesi. If that's your main concern, it's either nondestructive upgrade, or backup/restore.
    10-23-14 11:13 PM
    I deal with losing stuff, it's all part of the game.

Homie don't play dat game.
    10-23-14 11:16 PM
    You can restore, but not full restore. You can restore Apps Data (except BlackBerry runtime, System Applications and Clock) and Media but you shouldn't restore Settings. To backup your contacts, use Contact IMEX on BlackBerry World, use SMS Backup for SMS (I haven't tried this before because SMS is not important to me)

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    10-24-14 12:05 AM
    I used blitz 938 and I do`t lose contacts, sms, or any application`s data
    10-24-14 12:18 AM
    One more question: is there a way to keep the learned words?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 02:04 AM
    Poi

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:43 AM
    You can restore, but not full restore. You can restore Apps Data (except BlackBerry runtime, System Applications and Clock) and Media but you shouldn't restore Settings. To backup your contacts, use Contact IMEX on BlackBerry World, use SMS Backup for SMS (I haven't tried this before because SMS is not important to me)

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    I know it's common advice to not restore settings, but I always restore everything, when I do a destructive upgrade. There are things I cannot afford to lose in each section.

One more question: is there a way to keep the learned words?

Posted via CB10
    You'll have to restore settings for those, and for word substitute.

Look folks, I know y'all want to believe restore is the source of most OS issues, and I have had to wipe then restore again a few times, but if anything is proof restore is not always the issue, it was my last two upgrades. Destructive upgrade to 821, and horrible performance. SIC wiped, loaded 821 again and it still ran pretty meh for a week. Nondestructive upgrade to 938, and miraculously I was smooth as silk from the first boot.

How it runs is a moot point, if you need things like word substitute and browser bookmarks. You can always load a different OS. Recreating databases a thousand or more deep? That's what isn't an option.
    10-24-14 06:48 AM
    Poi

Posted via CB10
    Que?
    10-24-14 06:55 AM

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    I found that when you restore app data you are installing some older code and may lose some of the newer functions. One of my apps acts different too (North American Motoring) when I restore. It is also smoother and faster if I don't restore and just download from the app store fresh after running the autoloader .

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.938
    10-25-14 01:38 PM