01-28-15 03:09 AM
163 1234 ...
tools
    I prefer an older but a bug free OS than the unreleased buggy OS. I am not saying leaks are bad, but this is my personal opinion.
    01-20-15 09:10 PM
    I'm guessing those who even still own a vcr shouldn't bother whether the clock is flashing or not. Lol

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    I just set the one on mine, that I got in 1992. Thanks for reminding me. I meant to get around to it, I swear. Phew dodged a huge one. Might have caused y2k.
    01-20-15 11:00 PM
    No dates have been made official. It's speculation.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Pretty sure January 27th BlackBerry will release 10.3.1 across the board everywhere. It's become more than a rumor at this point. However, that means nothing as its still up to the carrier to decide to release it on their end.

Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    01-20-15 11:11 PM
    Looking forward to this release. Unfortunately, I am not able to install leaks on my phone as it is connected to my employer's BES server and it seems to stop the "leak loading" process. I did try though.
    01-20-15 11:18 PM
    I wonder which OS version they will choose as the official one. With so many leaks out there, it seems there is a chance that even if you wait for the official one, you will still have something which lacks certain items and is behind (so to speak) when compared with leaked versions.

Still, each to his own.
    01-21-15 12:08 AM
    So i have a question, what's the difference between the leak 10.3.1.2072 and the one is going to be release in February exactly the same number for what i've seen in the forums. Thanks
    No more flickering issue? I hope so.

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Last edited by jdesignz; 01-21-15 at 07:13 AM.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    01-21-15 12:50 AM
    If I had any faith at all in BlackBerry I might listen to the OP. But they are liars when it comes to time of release. And let's say they do release something in Feb (notice they never give a specific date, "late 2014" is what was promised for a year).

But then only a few will get OTA pushed. And for people with crappy carriers they may get an OTA sometime this summer.

Even though my phone is carrier unlocked, the last thing pushed to it was some old 10.2.1 build.

I'm on 10.3.0. But only because of laziness. I'll probably bump it up to the latest 10.3.1 leak tomorrow. I'll be damned if I'm going to let BlackBerry keep stringing me along like I'm their abused stepchild.

Thank god for the leakers who so valiantly defy Chen or I'd have jumped ship a long time ago.

Long Live Leaks. I hope they keep Chen up at night in a range similar to your favorite character from Game of Thrones

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 /T-Mobile USA
    Uzi likes this.
    01-21-15 01:03 AM
    If I had any faith at all in BlackBerry I might listen to the OP. But they are liars when it comes to time of release. And let's say they do release something in Feb (notice they never give a specific date, "late 2014" is what was promised for a year).
    In my opinion, I think it's okay for them to not give specific dates. After the economical struggle the company went through, I prefer to wait and support them while they have what they think is a good OS version to release, instead of having them rush something that will be buggy.

As for how the OS will be distributed, if it will be subject of carrier approval, then again, it is not BlackBerry's fault.

Once again, I prefer to support this company that I love and wait for them to release something they're comfortable with. In the end, if you're in such a rush to get 10.3.1 there are always leaks.

--

I may be completely wrong, but BlackBerry is indeed trying to come back and I do prefer to support them.
    Last edited by Yassbittar; 01-21-15 at 02:59 AM.
    SVyrl likes this.
    01-21-15 02:31 AM
    I do it because I want to and can.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    01-21-15 07:19 AM
    Too be honest... I think without the leaks, many here would have gotten bored with BlackBerry and would have moved on. To more stable and usable platforms.

Personally without a leak I would have returned my re-booting Z10 before my 30 days were up with Verizon and gotten an HTC ONE.... #@$% LEAKS!

But CHEN said he was cracking down on leaks... yet many of us have been running 10.3.1 for what five months now. I'm not a big follower of Android or iOS... do they also have regular leaks of various versions of non-official software?
    Uzi, Doggerz and jope28 like this.
    01-21-15 07:44 AM
    I've been installing the leaks provided by CrackBerry since my 8820. It's helped me get to know my phones better . Its been fun over the years to have the latest and greatest in spite of some challenges along the way. Will continue to install the leaks, it's only software and is usually easily fixed if one is really bad, and that has happened from time to time.
    bluegreen1965 likes this.
    01-21-15 07:48 AM
    People are gonna do what they wanna do man. Chill. I been telling people to avoid leaks for years because of the issues with some of them and I'm pretty sure not a single person has listened ever. They're the same people who come back posting 'why doesn't this work?', 'how come this is broke?' etc etc. I believe you yourself have run into the same thing lol.
    Yep I did. I'm just doing a favor for the newbies out there cuz I've gone through a lot of hassle. Otherwise why do I care? Just helping a brotha out...

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 10:54 AM
    I agree, just wait for the official release

Posted via CB10
    That's my man!!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 10:54 AM
    Once the official OS is out, you should be able to find a carrier (country code and carrier code) for your phone, and side load it using Sachesi just like we used to do before we were spoiled with the new "Blitz" system. I'm still on 1154 and have no issues on my Q10 but when the release is out, I'll load it via Sachesi. If not available that way, then I'll do an autoloader, but never OTA for me personally.
    01-21-15 04:54 PM
    My vcr clock flashes, as does the microwave and the stove and..... I don't install leaks. I'd be a puddle on the floor if something went wrong.

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    gebco likes this.
    01-21-15 05:01 PM
    Been installing the leaks since I received my Z10 2 years ago. Love them, could live without them, but I don't. I'm looking for the new features versus the stability. Most of the leaks, and I mean most of the leaks, for me have been stable enough for day to day operation of the phone. Sometimes it may cause you a problem and sometimes it may cure one, depends on your needs. For you Linux people, it's like loading the unstable, testing or experimental repositories and see how bad you can screw up your computer; and like the leaks, there is a way to set things back to the way they were prior to the "experiment". I am Linux user and am always trying to push the boundaries of the OS with the latest and greats upgrades. So when the oppurtunity comes to download a leak, I will do my research and download when I deem it necessary to have some fun.

Stay calm and leak on!
    01-21-15 08:01 PM
    Once the official OS is out, you should be able to find a carrier (country code and carrier code) for your phone, and side load it using Sachesi just like we used to do before we were spoiled with the new "Blitz" system. I'm still on 1154 and have no issues on my Q10 but when the release is out, I'll load it via Sachesi. If not available that way, then I'll do an autoloader, but never OTA for me personally.
    What about Verizon users? Most of the newer radios cause calling issues and text issues for many.
    jaydee5799 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    01-21-15 08:26 PM
    I'm not a big follower of Android or iOS... do they also have regular leaks of various versions of non-official software?
    Never from the manufacturer, but every day from Cyanogen, for example. Not as a leak, but as nightly version. If you are a big fan of constant flashing your device with latest and greatest (including bugs), get a popular Android device and flash every day after work.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-21-15 11:51 PM
    One thing that made people jumped to 10.3 / 10.3.1 was because of myriad of issues about 10.2.1 to the fact that it wasn't productive anymore. Videos and music app crashes, camera won't open when it needed to be, BBM going crazy, email accounts won't sync, tons of battery-related problems, and so on. It really isn't recommended to use leaks but I think we really can't blame people looking for a solution. If BlackBerry can come up with an OS that just works with minimal or with no major issues then I think most people won't be too interested in installing leaks.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    kbz1960 and Blackberry-Prince like this.
    01-22-15 12:24 AM
    Hey guys! The 10.3.1 is officially rolling out in the first week of feb so just wait for approximately 10 days. I've been going through the forums and I can see some people who can't wait. We all have been waiting since April last year. So why not wait for another 10 days??

Posted via CB10
    I will tell you, the reason I got out from Android was because of the leaks (custom ROMs that my phone wouldn't support officially). No custom ROM will have the same stability than the stock (unless the custom rom OS version is available in stock, something impossible for a SIII, i.e.). I came here to Blackberry and I am not worried at all with installing leaks. Everything is OK and someday the update will come. So why being hurried?
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    01-22-15 12:54 AM
    I'm not a big follower of Android or iOS... do they also have regular leaks of various versions of non-official software?
    People tends to hate Stock ROMs (official OS, preinstalled on your phone), specially with medium ranged devices that only receives one OS version. I mean, during all my time with Android devices, three in total, all of them used a leaked non official version, defined as Custom ROMs (thanks to Cyanogenmod & ParanoidAndroid, the most known of the area). Even the OnePlus One comes with a Custom ROM preinstalled.

And I learned something there: Never a custom ROM will be stable as a stock ROM, because they will always have a bug, and when you most need the phone, it will fail so miserably that you will really want to throw it to the closest wall on the way.
    That's why I avoid using Android smartphones, because with time they become sluggish and useless, and when you try to improve it, it will worsen way much.
    01-22-15 01:03 AM
    People tends to hate Stock ROMs (official OS, preinstalled on your phone), specially with medium ranged devices that only receives one OS version. I mean, during all my time with Android devices, three in total, all of them used a leaked non official version, defined as Custom ROMs (thanks to Cyanogenmod & ParanoidAndroid, the most known of the area). Even the OnePlus One comes with a Custom ROM preinstalled.

And I learned something there: Never a custom ROM will be stable as a stock ROM, because they will always have a bug, and when you most need the phone, it will fail so miserably that you will really want to throw it to the closest wall on the way.
    That's why I avoid using Android smartphones, because with time they become sluggish and useless, and when you try to improve it, it will worsen way much.
    What custom ROMs did you guys use LOL.

Depends on which one I'd guess. In my experience, custom ROMs are rock solid -- but then again, I'm very picky. I typically root, flash a stable ROM and stick with it. I haven't even updated my current one.

Never had a problem, but then again, I tend to use premium stuff from the same crew.
    vbdwork likes this.
    01-22-15 02:07 AM
    In my experience, custom ROMs are rock solid -- but then again, I'm very picky. I typically root, flash a stable ROM and stick with it. I haven't even updated my current one.
    Same here, never had an issue with stable custom ROM versions. Cyanogen and SlimRoms are very stable, very fast, with no bloatware and full of useful features. It's not necessary to flash everything experimental that comes up on XDA. I wish BlackBerry sends BB10 source to Cyanogen team. The guys are so effective, that we are going to get BB10 10.5 update in few months from now, loaded with all the features BB10 users ask for years.
    Doggerz and randomroyalty like this.
    01-22-15 07:07 AM
    Hey guys! The 10.3.1 is officially rolling out in the first week of feb so just wait for approximately 10 days. I've been going through the forums and I can see some people who can't wait. We all have been waiting since April last year. So why not wait for another 10 days??

Posted via CB10
    My carrier will probably NOT be rolling out the 10.3.1.
    So that's why I choose to install leaks.
    None of the 10.3.1 OSes work with VZW radio so I doubt they will be releasing to us.
    kbz1960 and geomun like this.
    01-22-15 08:09 AM
    My carrier will probably NOT be rolling out the 10.3.1.
    So that's why I choose to install leaks.
    None of the 10.3.1 OSes work with VZW radio so I doubt they will be releasing to us.
    Apparently at least one is working. You have 10.3.1.1949 running on your phone.
    01-22-15 08:55 AM
163 1234 ...