01-21-17 08:19 PM
30 12
tools
    Has anyone else had this issue? The instant preview works for everything else (ie text, Facebook, emails, notifications etc.) the only one that doesn't work it BBM. It's not a huge deal but was curious if anyone has a possible fix? Running 10.3.0.296/.442 bars on a z30 sta100-5

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 03:49 PM
    It's probably just a 10.3 bug (as I'm sure you're aware) . I haven't checked, but I will get back to you when I notice.
    I haven't seen anyone else post about it, though, so that's weird. Have you set up the notifications right-- they're not on priority only or off or anything, right? Just checking.

Posted via CB10
    MrGabriel likes this.
    06-11-14 03:53 PM
    Have you tried a device reset? That's always the first thing to try when something's not working as it should.

Just hold down the top key (i.e. lock button) until the red LED flashes, then release it.

Did that reboot fix anything?
    06-11-14 03:55 PM
    Ya in the notifications everything is set correctly, in general I have instant previews on, and when I go into the applications portion its still on for bbm. You can click try it and the little preview pops up, just as an example. But thats it! I'm not super pissed off about it or anything, I know there will be bugs and I'm cool with it.
    06-11-14 04:16 PM
    Have you tried a device reset? That's always the first thing to try when something's not working as it should.

Just hold down the top key (i.e. lock button) until the red LED flashes, then release it.

Did that reboot fix anything?
    Also, I know how to do a device reboot lol, but thanks for the explanation
    06-11-14 04:17 PM
    Same thing for me, only BBM instant previews don't show and I'm running .296 with. 442 bars on top

Via the best damn virtual keyboard in existence....The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    06-11-14 04:17 PM
    Same thing for me, only BBM instant previews don't show and I'm running .296 with. 442 bars on top

Via the best damn virtual keyboard in existence....The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    Aha! I'm not the only one! I'm sure you're the same as me and don't really mind it, its just a tiny inconvenience. Actually, I wouldn't even say inconvenience lol
    DavideaNY likes this.
    06-11-14 04:18 PM
    They work fine in all 3 versions of 10.3 I have tried. Did you perform a restore after loading 10.3.
    Try closing all open bbm chats. Then reboot. Open new chat and test.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.512
    06-11-14 05:38 PM
    Same here. No BBM instant previews at all.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    06-11-14 06:25 PM
    They work fine in all 3 versions of 10.3 I have tried. Did you perform a restore after loading 10.3.
    Try closing all open bbm chats. Then reboot. Open new chat and test.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.512
    If you share .512 then I/we can run the same tests as you and verify the validity of your statement :-)

Philip Stenjajev likes this.
    06-11-14 06:55 PM
    Had same issue on 296/441 hybrid. Tried any work around to no avail then did security wipe. BBM instant preview worked and fixed keyboard bug too.
    06-11-14 06:56 PM
    If you share .512 then I/we can run the same tests as you and verify the validity of your statement :-)

No can do. But I will say. Not one version I loaded was a hybrid and not once did I perform a restore.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.512
    06-11-14 07:47 PM
    Funny thing is I barely notice since I always have my phpne down but now that I think about it im in the same boat.

Hopefully the gold sdk will have it

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 07:58 PM
    For all of you discussing this thread about a single issue - Have you stopped and ask yourselves about the official release of 10.3? You have a leaked version of the software which will most likely come with flaws, bugs and you complain. You were told that you may experience these issues and you constantly seek answers.

Please wait for the official release of the software like everyone else.
    06-11-14 07:58 PM
    For all of you discussing this thread about a single issue - Have you stopped and ask yourselves about the official release of 10.3? You have a leaked version of the software which will most likely come with flaws, bugs and you complain. You were told that you may experience these issues and you constantly seek answers.

Aaaaand another cranky person who skips over previous comments where people state this very thing.

These aren't *complaints* - this is merely a discussion which could potentially be helpful for others who are on the fence about loading the latest leak.

Your comment, however, sounds an awful lot like pretentious complaining about mystery complaining.

Sheesh.

And for the record, I love the 10.3 leak. It's not perfect but it's my daily driver.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    Philip Stenjajev and bfunkera like this.
    06-11-14 08:36 PM
    Has anyone else had this issue? The instant preview works for everything else (ie text, Facebook, emails, notifications etc.) the only one that doesn't work it BBM. It's not a huge deal but was curious if anyone has a possible fix? Running 10.3.0.296/.442 bars on a z30 sta100-5

Posted via CB10
    Funny - I'm on 10.3.0.296 and I have toasts for BBM but nothing else! I don't even have the option for it under Facebook or Text Messages anymore, lol. I think it's just a weird bug.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 08:58 PM

Didn't think I sounded like I was complaining, but that's just me. I was curious if anyone had a possible fix (as I'm pretty sure I mentioned a couple times how it's not a big deal.) Same as mentioned above, it's a discussion to see if there's a fix. How with many other issues, solved by sideloading other .bars.
    It's funny how you're here, in the leaked/beta OS section, to complain about me and my alleged complaining. If you're asking me to wait for the official release of the software like everyone, then why are you even bothering to look here?! Christ

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 09:40 PM
    I'm not getting them either. I went into the BBM contacts them selves and turned it on but it does not stay on. Def just a bug in 10.3 will probably be fixed in future releases.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 10:32 PM
    I had these issues when I did a restore. I then fully reloaded the OS and started fresh (like I normally do and should have done). Everything worked after that minus the known issues like notification sounds. Just load the old settings bar file and set your sounds (I'd make sure instant notifications are on as well) then load the newer setting bar file.

All good for me after that.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App on a Nexus 7
    06-15-14 10:29 AM
    Same issue over here, no way to fix as far as ive tried.

Going to have to wait for another leakkk

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 10:57 AM
    Same issue over here, no way to fix as far as ive tried.

Going to have to wait for another leakkk

Posted via CB10
    Ya thats the conclusion I've come to. Oh well! Not a big deal

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Try sideload sys.pim.messages.bar from 296

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 02:04 PM
    No bbm previews. Cant wait for latest leak

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 02:39 PM
    Try sideload sys.pim.messages.bar from 296

Posted via CB10
    I'll give it a shot when I get home, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 02:47 PM
    I just noticed I no longer have. I'm not using a leak. 10.3

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:27 AM
30 12