02-15-14 02:13 AM
162 ... 4567
tools
    No. You're wrong. I have a Z10 - love it and I side load like a champ. I'm just like you my friend. ;-) Don't mistake my opinion for disgruntle user. I just don't have BlackBerry colored eyes.

I understand it's a fan site, but shining light on reality doesn't hurt. Every point against BlackBerry isn't bashing.
    I honestly don't think you are bashing BlackBerry. I very much respect your calm at arguing your views strongly too. However, I think you may be subconsciously tunnelled in your general over view of things. And heck, I could be wrong with my analysis. Anyway, peace.
    02-06-14 10:16 AM
    One update?

7, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 within the past year.

They are maintenance releases but at least Apple attempt to address issues in a timely fashion.

Posted via CB10
    True, but those were technically just bug and security issue fixes that never should have happened in the first place - if Apple were really testing these things out like they say they do. There were a lot that popped up almost as soon as it went live. None of those OS releases you mentioned added any new features - other than adding the ability to adjust some of the new effects users complained about.

On the other hand, Apple has the freedom to send out those fixes as soon as they can. Something BlackBerry still doesn't have the luxury to do as yet - they still have to run any official update through the carriers first. And we all know how quickly that happens... *cough* U.S. carriers suck *cough*.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 11:06 AM
    next mayor update what ever number it is , if is 10.2.2 or not.. they better bring new improvement to the camera software.... they have target alot of thing but nothing on the imaging. and they need it badly cause the camera on the z10 sucks. i don't care what anybody says.. unless you outside in the daylight. pic are horrible.
    02-06-14 12:02 PM
    I honestly don't think you are bashing BlackBerry. I very much respect your calm at arguing your views strongly too. However, I think you may be subconsciously tunnelled in your general over view of things. And heck, I could be wrong with my analysis. Anyway, peace.
    You're all types of off buddy. Silly.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:37 PM
    The "someone" is apparently a person with some degree of credibility.

The usual way that someone makes such "discoveries" is by looking at the logs of a web server that presumably some privileged user (ie Blackberry staff) viewed with a BB10 device, and by looking at the USER-AGENT HTTP string in the log, you can deduce what OS version the person was using that loaded the page.

The problem is that those things can be faked. So these "discoveries" are still speculative.
    Thanks mate

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 01:03 PM
    Hard to disagree with you on that. BlackBerry actually needs to be out of the spotlight for a bit. For the most part, they are already doing this. Keep working hard at updates, maybe pick up some partners and then market with purpose.

DirtyThirty Zed it
    I disagree completely. I can't tell you how many times I see apple and android advertising little features that I've been using for years on my BlackBerry phones, even legacy devices like Torch. People see those things on tv and think the only place they can find that is with that specific phone.

Coming from a long-time BB user and investor, I would love to see more solid advertising. Even if it is just for features that everybody already has. At least then the masses would know that BB has them too

Posted via CB10
    Sarek1701 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-06-14 01:59 PM
    I disagree completely. I can't tell you how many times I see apple and android advertising little features that I've been using for years on my BlackBerry phones, even legacy devices like Torch. People see those things on tv and think the only place they can find that is with that specific phone.

Coming from a long-time BB user and investor, I would love to see more solid advertising. Even if it is just for features that everybody already has. At least then the masses would know that BB has them too

Posted via CB10
    ^^ this.

A couple years ago I was in Jamaica with my family and there was a photo opp... My wife asked to take a picture and my mother-in-law said we couldn't because she didn't bring her iPhone with her. I said I'd take the picture with my BB and her response, not kidding, was, "isn't that a BlackBerry? I thought you needed an iPhone to take pictures!" This was in 2012.
    bmoney1229 likes this.
    02-06-14 02:04 PM
    ^^ this.

A couple years ago I was in Jamaica with my family and there was a photo opp... My wife asked to take a picture and my mother-in-law said we couldn't because she didn't bring her iPhone with her. I said I'd take the picture with my BB and her response, not kidding, was, "isn't that a BlackBerry? I thought you needed an iPhone to take pictures!" This was in 2012.
    After years of becoming tired of clearing malware from my mothers computer, I decided to build her a mac. She fought me because she said she needed email, which she thought was only on windows.
    02-06-14 03:37 PM
    i wish there comes an options for changing fonts...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 04:25 PM
    where can i get it
    02-06-14 05:15 PM
    Or, go to www.handsetdetection.com, click "handsets" at the top, pick "RIM", pick the Z10 in the second to last row of that whole list, and go to the last page of the browser header list, and the two OS versions mentioned are near the bottom. Not the very bottom because it's not in any particular order other than as devices hit it. There are still a lot of devices hitting it with older OSs. The last one as of this post is 10.1.0.2354.

handsetdetection.com is doing precisely what I pointed-out earlier, parsing webserver logs for User-Agent headers and publishing what they find.

It's an imprecise mechanism because many browsers can be configured to fake that header.

I use that feature myself on BB10 frequently due to websites that use stupid User-Agent sniffing to decide what content to serve viewers. If they don't recognize your browser they will oftentimes serve it inappropriate content - ie the desktop version instead of the mobile version. You can see this yourself by going to www.yelp.com using the native BB10 browser. In order to get a usable version of their site I have to use the Evolution Browser and set it to spoof an Android or iOS device.

The downside of that is skewing the assumptions made by all these organizations that use webserver logs to guess at platform popularity, a very widespread practice. That means every time I make my browser look like an Android or Apple device, all these organizations that publish statistics on platform usage and popularity will think I'm using an Apple or Android device instead of a Blackberry. (Which is why most platform vendors do not provide a User-Agent spoofing feature in their native browser - it cuts into their perceived platform marketshare.)
    02-06-14 05:22 PM
    Is there a release date for this?

No there is not.
    02-06-14 05:28 PM
    you cant compare maintenance releases with new OS releases, sorry, if the IOS7 was very buggy it is only Apple fault.
    iOS 7 was a new OS release, regarding another comment above yes it shouldn't have contained the bugs it did and thus require the subsequent maintenance releases however BlackBerry have not exactly done a stellar job testing the official BlackBerry10 releases.

iOS 7 was much more complete as a new OS than what BlackBerry 10 was on release date, it also didn't fail to support cool features from the manufacturers legacy platform.

I understand BlackBerry had a much bigger gap to close but you can't compare BlackBerry to Apple over the past year and believe BlackBerry has done a good job.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 06:44 PM
    iOS 7 was a new OS release, regarding another comment above yes it shouldn't have contained the bugs it did and thus require the subsequent maintenance releases however BlackBerry have not exactly done a stellar job testing the official BlackBerry10 releases.

iOS 7 was much more complete as a new OS than what BlackBerry 10 was on release date, it also didn't fail to support cool features from the manufacturers legacy platform.

I understand BlackBerry had a much bigger gap to close but you can't compare BlackBerry to Apple over the past year and believe BlackBerry has done a good job.

Posted via CB10
    iOS7 was a new look, but the main feature set and functionality is the same - relatively speaking. That's why it could be loaded on some older phones.

BB10 was a whole new OS on a whole new platform. Built almost from scratch.

Of course, I do wish they carried over more of the legacy features from the start. Now, they have to play catch-up with all that.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 07:07 PM
    Where's the squircle cult when I want them lol

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    did someone say squircle?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 08:03 PM
    Pretty sure that thing ain't comin' back, haha
    02-06-14 08:14 PM
    did someone say squircle?

Posted via CB10
    Squircle! WHERE!!! 10.2.2??!!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 08:31 PM
    Bring it baaaaaaack!

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 08:32 PM
    Pretty sure that thing ain't comin' back, haha

You know, one of the easiest things Blackberry could do to show its dwindling base of enthusiasts it is still listening is to bring that back.

It was kind of unique and distinctive. And it would have absolutely zero impact on how anything in the OS works.

Unfortunately I have a feeling the reason they do not want to do it is that they would have to update all the screenshots in all their BB10 documentation that depict the "busy circle".

Either that or for some incredibly dumb reason they want it to look like Windows. Bleh.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 02-06-14 at 10:52 PM. Reason: duplicate word
    ray689 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-06-14 09:36 PM
    You know, one of the easiest things Blackberry could do to show its dwindling base of enthusiasts it is still listening is to bring that back.

It was kind of unique and distinctive. And it would have absolutely zero impact on how anything in the OS works.

Unfortunately I have have a feeling the reason they do not want to do it is that they would have to update all the screenshots in all their BB10 documentation that depict the "busy circle".

Either that or for some incredibly dumb reason they want it to look like Windows. Bleh.
    Some where Clewley is prepping a tweet: It created a thinking point and BlackBerry was worried people would return the phone. So we went with the "industry standard".

*roll eyes *

I agree with your comments. BlackBerry is trying their best to fit in when they should do their best to look different.
    02-06-14 10:46 PM
    Some where Clewley is prepping a tweet: It created a thinking point and BlackBerry was worried people would return the phone. So we went with the "industry standard".

*roll eyes *

I agree with your comments. BlackBerry is trying their best to fit in when they should do their best to look different.
    That is seriously so sad. Since when is there an industry standard for "loading cursors". And plus this one is actually blatantly ripped off of Android.
    habs_fan and Mecca EL like this.
    02-07-14 07:47 AM
    People are getting worked up over nothing, if it has been spotted where are the screen shots? Lol we believe what we see, otherwise one will say... "i've spotted 10.2.3.115".... and people will be over the MOON

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    02-07-14 11:58 AM
    I prefer the the current loading icon over the squircle.....please don't kill me for saying that

Posted via CB10
    thanasi and walt63 like this.
    02-07-14 09:04 PM
    Bang bang

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-08-14 12:12 AM
    I prefer the the current loading icon over the squircle.....please don't kill me for saying that

Posted via CB10
    Maybe BlackBerry should bring the squircle back and run a TV ad spot for it.

:: rolling eyes ::

I don't get the fascination over it.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:11 AM
162 ... 4567