02-15-14 03:13 AM
162 ... 34567
tools
    Whatever OS versions may be.. we need improvements and features.. still we don't have any camera feature to compete with the market.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:50 AM
    Whatever OS versions may be.. we need improvements and features.. still we don't have any camera feature to compete with the market.

Posted via CB10

I agree. I want an option of choosing for changing ways of swiping incoming phone calls between vertical and horizontal.

It must be innovated and newest with a feature like this above what I mentioned as before as a example.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 04:12 AM
    I have an unlocked phone would installing it with sachei help?

First of all, this is all off-topic in this thread. You should probably just stick to the thread you already created on this. I just answered you there.

Sachesi is not going to fix issues with BlackBerry World not working if you've already installed the OS with autoloaders several times without resolution.
    02-06-14 06:05 AM
    Looks like at the moment that the next iteration of BB10 will be 10.2.2 and not the commonly quoted 10.3. Excited to see what this will bring.

Attachment 245023
    Sorry lads, I could possibly be missing something bleedingly obvious here, but how does a tweet from a random someone make this spotted claim genuine?

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 06:23 AM
    02-06-14 06:25 AM
    Sorry lads, I could possibly be missing something bleedingly obvious here, but how does a tweet from a random someone make this spotted claim genuine?

The "someone" is apparently a person with some degree of credibility.

The usual way that someone makes such "discoveries" is by looking at the logs of a web server that presumably some privileged user (ie Blackberry staff) viewed with a BB10 device, and by looking at the USER-AGENT HTTP string in the log, you can deduce what OS version the person was using that loaded the page.

The problem is that those things can be faked. So these "discoveries" are still speculative.
    dayno25 likes this.
    02-06-14 06:50 AM

Are you spamming the thread with your petition junk now?
    02-06-14 06:51 AM
    I look at BlackBerry and their OS updates VS Ios and their ONE update since years ago, that tells me BB is moving!!!
    02-06-14 07:21 AM
    I agree. I want an option of choosing for changing ways of swiping incoming phone calls between vertical and horizontal.

It must be innovated and newest with a feature like this above what I mentioned as before as a example.

Posted via CB10
    Not going to let it go, hey? This is not an essential or innovative feature. I realize you prefer it over the new call screen but this should not even be in the top 100 of a list of things they could add or enhance.
    When will people get over this? In my opinion, it's the most petty complaint I see on CB.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3, KemKev, Mecca EL and 1 others like this.
    02-06-14 07:34 AM
    Are you spamming the thread with your petition junk now?
    Are you spamming it with your mass amounts of useless opinions

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-06-14 07:39 AM
    Lol you guys are funny.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    02-06-14 07:45 AM
    As much as I'm glad for the new features in os10.2.1 I won't be happy unless bb10 is more feature rich and get things done better/more efficiently than os7.....

Posted via CB10
    Next OS version spotted - 10.2.2.xxxx-iaui0q5.jpg

dalight13, Mecca EL and BCITMike like this.
    02-06-14 08:29 AM
    You guys saying that I'm being closed minded but I see it the other way.

Side loading an app to get apps is lame. You're not going to win consumers with that.

If a consumer has to do 1 extra step more than simply going to the app store, it's a fail.

We here on CB do it because WE WANT THE APPS. We are hungry for it. We are app poor and we will "work for apps".

The masses will not tolerate this. Especially if trying to win over an Apple or Android user.

If downloading un converted Android apps were a legit and authorized feature that's accessible without an unapproved third party app store, maybe go and market it. Until then, leave it alone. Leave the marketing of this feature to Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. But if Snap or the Amazon app store were to ever come pre-loaded on BB10 phones then that would change things.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 08:42 AM
    back on topic...

New OS branch normally means new device launch. So this news is extremely exciting.

10.0 - Z10 launch.
    10.1 - Q10 launch.
    10.2 - Z30 launch.
    10.2.1 - Cafe Series (cancelled, but OS still released).
    10.2.2 - ??? (Jakarta series? Or something else?)
    Maybe 10.2.2 is for the OS to be able to run on lower RAM. now that would be awesome. #MaybeBB10ForPlaybook

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 08:56 AM
    Agreed. But if Snap or the Amazon app store were to ever come pre-loaded on BB10 phones then that would change things.
    What about BB Jakarta model with whatever the latest OS would be, under $200 and has Play Store and its Service Package pre-loaded on it ?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 08:58 AM
    Not going to let it go, hey? This is not an essential or innovative feature. I realize you prefer it over the new call screen but this should not even be in the top 100 of a list of things they could add or enhance.
    When will people get over this? In my opinion, it's the most petty complaint I see on CB.
    Posted via CB10
    Where's the squircle cult when I want them lol

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Mecca EL and ray689 like this.
    02-06-14 09:12 AM
    I look at BlackBerry and their OS updates VS Ios and their ONE update since years ago, that tells me BB is moving!!!
    One update?

7, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 within the past year.

They are maintenance releases but at least Apple attempt to address issues in a timely fashion.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 09:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I disagree about your statement and opinion.

It is fact that this is a essential or innovative feature. It should be in the listed of top 100. I don't let it go.

If it isn't, why must BlackBerry bother to develop more incoming newest OS'es and features in the first place instead?

What's the point of releasing an incoming updated OS for BlackBerry 10? It will never be freed by any kinds of bugs and it's hopeless.

I mean BB10 has got almost everything what all end-users wants. I like the modern vertical incoming phone swiping instead of the horizontal. That's is why I had requested through e-mail to BlackBerry for an option and it will be fantastic that a smartphone can change ways of swiping incoming phone calls. Away with the industrial standards.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:21 AM
    The "someone" is apparently a person with some degree of credibility.

The usual way that someone makes such "discoveries" is by looking at the logs of a web server that presumably some privileged user (ie Blackberry staff) viewed with a BB10 device, and by looking at the USER-AGENT HTTP string in the log, you can deduce what OS version the person was using that loaded the page.

The problem is that those things can be faked. So these "discoveries" are still speculative.
    Or, go to www.handsetdetection.com, click "handsets" at the top, pick "RIM", pick the Z10 in the second to last row of that whole list, and go to the last page of the browser header list, and the two OS versions mentioned are near the bottom. Not the very bottom because it's not in any particular order other than as devices hit it. There are still a lot of devices hitting it with older OSs. The last one as of this post is 10.1.0.2354.

But you do see some 10.2.1 versions after the latest official 1925, such as 1940, 1952, 1970, 1982, 2072, 2102 and 2542.

This is also where you'll see 10.3.0.1337 - twice. But that could still be a spoofed header as discussed in an earlier thread. There's also a 10.0.0.1337.

Not really a secret site. Anyone here can save this page and check it every morning. There are probably others, but I came across this one several years ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:37 AM
    Sorry I disagree about your statement and opinion.

It is fact that this is a essential or innovative feature. It should be in the list of top 100. I don't let it go.

If it isn't, why must BlackBerry bother to develop more incoming newest OS'es and features in the first place instead?

What's the point of releasing an incoming updated OS for BlackBerry 10? It will never be freed by any kinds of bugs and it's hopeless.

I mean BB10 has got almost everything what all end-users wants. I like the modern vertical incoming phone swiping instead of the horizontal. That's is why I had requested through e-mail to BlackBerry for an option and it will be fantastic that a smartphone can change ways of swiping incoming phone calls. Away with the industrial standards.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:40 AM
    I think the average consumer is lazy and seeks the most convenient way possible to acquire what they desire (in this case apps). If I have to connect my phone to my computer an sidle load a third party app store to download all the popular apps I'm wasting my time. That's reality. No one is going to sit there and do that. As a matter of fact the average consumer is not "tech-savvy" enough or has the motivation to do it. They will look for alternatives, which is where android and iPhone prevail.

Posted via CB10
    I believe your assumption is that this feature of downloading Apk files will never be improved/ugraded/refined by BlackBerry. It's only the beginning of the process for BlackBerry, it can only get better from here on. Think of it this way, the first mobile phones look totally different from mobile phones of today, but mobile phone had to be invented for it to evolve. Similarly, BlackBerry has engineered method/process or technique for downloading apps from other platforms and over time, the method or process or technique will also evolve too.
    Finally, the only plausible reason why BlackBerry didn't even mention this feature on this OS 10.2.1.1925 update is IMHO that this feature needs further refinements. But make no mistakes, BlackBerry will be blowing its trumpets in some foreseeable future. Again, it is an accomplishment no other platform has done.
    Last edited by wincyUt; 02-06-14 at 01:50 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 10:50 AM
    I know the iPhone users at my teens high school can walk me through jailbreaking their devices successfully. I know plenty of Android users that know how to recompile their OS, and can successfully walk me through it. Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing to to do something, especially if it adds to the user experience.

Why does a BB10 user have to walk this imaginary straight line? I can teach my grandmother how to use Sachesi in 5 minutes, and have her sideloading in 2 minutes. Come on folks, free your mind.

I agree with you....blackberry is fun no matter which device you are using it only if you know how...LOL
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 10:52 AM
    Is there a release date for this?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:55 AM
    Ya right now the android runtime is half horrible. It works on some apps but many others that integrate blue tooth or need Google framework won't work at all. That and many of the feature apps like contacts and pictures are still confusing to use

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Yeah, I'm sure the first automobile is nothing like the one you drive today. It takes time for any new product or invention to mature.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 11:02 AM
    One update?

7, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 within the past year.

They are maintenance releases but at least Apple attempt to address issues in a timely fashion.

Posted via CB10
    you cant compare maintenance releases with new OS releases, sorry, if the IOS7 was very buggy it is only Apple fault.
    02-06-14 11:15 AM
162 ... 34567