02-15-14 03:13 AM
162 ... 23456 ...
tools
    This average consumer thing, whose considered that? That's the question.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    What do you think is considered the "average smartphone user"?
    02-05-14 07:46 PM
    Anyways, where's this leak? Lmao!

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    Mecca EL and Kamika007z like this.
    02-05-14 07:50 PM
    My grandmother is a tinkerer. She don't do "easy". Where you think I get it from???

And for the record, the fact that I can connect to HDMI, and she and I can watch the Wizard of Oz together ...
    Grandma "iPhone's can't do this? Those Galaxies what's its can't do this? Junk!". Grandma has spoken!!
    Ha ha. Gotta love grandmas.

Well the marketshare clearly has spoken. Most people want easy and out of the box. Now you can't argue that.
    Mecca EL, mhhH4RI and hamsterwheel like this.
    02-05-14 07:50 PM
    What do you think is considered the "average smartphone user"?
    Hey can't answer my question with a question...

02-05-14 07:53 PM
    A friend of mine used to jailbreak iphones. Charged $125. Just mentioned to anyone, even a girl that worked with us and had no clue what he meant. Said "it unlocks your phone so you can download a bunch of apps". People jumped at it. They even left the phone with the guy the whole weekend. And still do. Can you imagine if "Sideloading snap" was our way of getting a bunch of apps, do you think people would be drawn to that. Don't tell me average iPhone users don't go out of their way to jailbreak their phones. I tell people you want to improve your blackberry experience? Crackberry.com. First I say go to the leaks section and second I say sideload snap. BlackBerry users aren't as stupid as people think. Why do you think CB has so many visitors. People look to learn new things about their phones ALL The TIME.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    Absolutely!!
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-05-14 07:54 PM
    There was never a 100% bug-free software, and neither will there ever be. Having said that, we still don't know what you mean by "I couldn't download native Apps let alone Apks". If you care to elaborate, you will most likely get some help.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    I disagree. Maybe I'm just too good 8).

I'm happy to see BlackBerry working on improving the stability and performance of the OS rather than shoe-horning new features in. I think it's important to maintain development on BlackBerry Link, I know it's not going to be an iTunes but it could be more reliable in the features it does provide.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 08:10 PM
    Looks like at the moment that the next iteration of BB10 will be 10.2.2 and not the commonly quoted 10.3. Excited to see what this will bring.

Attachment 245023
    ehh? ooh so even CID spotted my dev os
    02-05-14 08:32 PM
    ehh? ooh so even CID spotted my dev os
    care to share the os
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 08:44 PM
    They should bring in the Kit-Kat runtime into it.
    02-05-14 08:54 PM
    Looks like at the moment that the next iteration of BB10 will be 10.2.2 and not the commonly quoted 10.3. Excited to see what this will bring.
    Could you lead us to any links, where we could have additional details about this build?

I'm interested on what this build could offer. Thanks!

Running Q10 BB10.2.1 (OS1925-RADIO1926)
    02-05-14 09:09 PM
    I like this
    02-05-14 09:28 PM
    Ya right now the android runtime is half horrible. It works on some apps but many others that integrate blue tooth or need Google framework won't work at all. That and many of the feature apps like contacts and pictures are still confusing to use

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    02-05-14 11:04 PM
    back on topic...

New OS branch normally means new device launch. So this news is extremely exciting.

10.0 - Z10 launch.
    10.1 - Q10 launch.
    10.2 - Z30 launch.
    10.2.1 - Cafe Series (cancelled, but OS still released).
    10.2.2 - ??? (Jakarta series? Or something else?)
    raj281977, Jrox74 and wincyUt like this.
    02-05-14 11:10 PM
    and with now we have the 10.2.1 onboard, we shouldn't have to worry as when the 10.2.2 drops out then our phones will just update by themselves and will prompt us for a reboot, nice!

Careful of what you wish for, and make lots of backups.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 11:10 PM
    I sent this manager a link to the CB guide on how to get the Amazon App Store working after 10.2.1 dropped, and he e-mailed me the next day in amazement at how easy the native APK install process is, and his surprise that BB isn't making a big deal out of it.

There are very good reasons why they are not openly and officially touting that feature at this point.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-05-14 11:12 PM
    Nothing is certain in life but I am tempted to make a bet with you. You are too tunnelled and don't even realise it.

I don't think that's a fair accusation.

Because I think it's actually more likely that people here in general, who interact with a group of very strongly/narrowly selected people (frequent Crackberry posters are FAR more likely to be power users, tweakers, and tinkerers than the "typical customer"), are the ones suffering from tunnel vision.

MOST people who buy smartphones in the mass market are not tinkerers. Regardless how many tinkerers you seem to encounter on Crackberry.

You guys don't speak for everyone. You speak for yourselves and your experiences. And your comments speak volumes about how you use your devices and how you consume apps.

Actually the comment you were following up to was from someone who was mostly speaking on behalf of who he perceived to be the mainstream customer, not himself.

And I happen to agree with him.

The thing is - BlackBerry's market share in the developed-world today is so low, that it may well be getting to the point that it is increasingly comprised of a tiny number of hardcore, longtime partisans.

But I do not think we should be happy about that.
    walt63 and Kamika007z like this.
    02-05-14 11:40 PM
    Yup backup and try the leaked 1925, it's the same as the carrier released one,

I installed the leak. And tried with and without the updated radio but I'm getting the same error

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:53 AM
    I installed the leak. And tried with and without the updated radio but I'm getting the same error

Posted via CB10
    By chance are you doing a restore? And did you update the blackberry world app?

02-06-14 12:58 AM

I tried with and without But no luck
    02-06-14 01:33 AM
    Ha ha. Gotta love grandmas.

Well the marketshare clearly has spoken. Most people want easy and out of the box. Now you can't argue that.
    I can only argue that marketing has spoken. Honestly not sure why the galaxy phones still outsell other androids so heavily and Apple runs off the name and brand image it built itself in the past, and the horribly simple user experience. Still BlackBerry has no marketing so they fail here even either way haha. Love BlackBerry but wow please tell the masses it can do something, people are still rather amazed when they find out my phones a BlackBerry.

Edit: Hurrdurr need to stop posting while tired. Least readable post...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by meltbox360; 02-06-14 at 11:24 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 02:10 AM
    I know the iPhone users at my teens high school can walk me through jailbreaking their devices successfully. I know plenty of Android users that know how to recompile their OS, and can successfully walk me through it. Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing to to do something, especially if it adds to the user experience.

Why does a BB10 user have to walk this imaginary straight line? I can teach my grandmother how to use Sachesi in 5 minutes, and have her sideloading in 2 minutes. Come on folks, free your mind.
    Jailbreak, maybe a number of people know how to do that. Recompile android? I doubt very many know how to do that. Modify significantly and then recompile, even less. For most schools it would be barely anyone. Jailbreaking guides exist, people can follow guides. Recompiling android is a little more tricky and probably not nearly as well documented for the masses.

I challenge your assertions.
    Respectfully.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 02:13 AM

I have an unlocked phone would installing it with sachei help?
    02-06-14 02:13 AM
    10.2.2? Why not go to 10.3? Is Blackberry planning to have radical changes to 10.3 and therefore they'd rather have a 10.2.2 as some sort of Intermediate Release?
    02-06-14 02:29 AM
    10.2.2? Why not go to 10.3? Is Blackberry planning to have radical changes to 10.3 and therefore they'd rather have a 10.2.2 as some sort of Intermediate Release?
    I think 10.2.2 will be same as 10.3
    Let's just wait

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 02:43 AM
    Updates will still be carrier dependent...although this last launch of 10.2.1 was as close to a true global launch as i've seen outside of Apple.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed very impressed with their roll out.

Now im getting very bored. I want BBM 2.0 or a leak. Please.......

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-06-14 03:33 AM
162 ... 23456 ...