02-15-14 03:13 AM
162 12345 ...
tools
    I hope google play and it's services are supported now.

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 04:05 PM
    Raises hand!

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 04:07 PM
    If something new comes, I sure hope they fix the problem with the double typing on the Q10's! It appears now that it may indeed be a software problem, so a new OS may have stopped the bug in it's tracks!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 04:18 PM
    Absolutely agree, that BB10 has not arrived. It's a completely new platform, based on PBOS. The large consensus is still huddled in the corner, under the assumption that OS10 is as, or should be as mature as BBOS. It's not. SO users that are afraid to adapt aren't fluent with OS10, and that makes them uncomfortable. It's this discomfort that has folks feeling jilted by BlackBerry.

Think about it sensibly. If it wasn't for leaked OS, Dev talent and CB, BB10 would be a bust. If it wasn't for former PlayBook owners, already acquired knowledge of PBOS through hacking, dingleberrying, and plain old tinkering, things like Sachesi and Darcy BBTool; backdoor clocks and unlocked runtimes; Snap, iGrann, RetroArch and PPSSPP, etc...we wouldn't even be conversing on the "when's the next leak" thread. Nothing in life is plain and simple. That's the illusion that the marketing dept of apple and samsung have leveraged and the masses have accepted. And that's fine. But selling simple will get boring. Selling easy will get old. Especially with technology. You know what never gets old? Discovery

"Oh snap, your phone can do that!!??? How come mines can't??" Do you know how many times I hear that? Then "that's a BLACKBERRY!!???", and I get to show off...BB10 is in it's first year...and it hasn't gotten OLD. Z10 is in it's first year....it hasn't gotten OLD. Apps become boring as h#77. Vine is old. Twitter is old. FB is old...but BBM Channels...we got the drop, because no one is up on it yet. And when they do, because they will, it won't be old.

Raise your hands, if you're still having first time buyers fun with your Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30?? I am.
    THE ROOF IS ON FIRE!!!!!! Tell it like it is
    Mecca EL and go1ndr like this.
    02-05-14 04:29 PM
    hopefully this new os update has a few miner tweaks like customizable led..
    multi face detection and panorama camera..
    fix the apk problem that some are having...
    better oem ringtones...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 04:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure 10.2.2 would launch with Jakarta.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. We are about 3 to 4 months away from Jacarta, it follows BlackBerry trend OS update .

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:14 PM
    Looks like at the moment that the next iteration of BB10 will be 10.2.2 and not the commonly quoted 10.3. Excited to see what this will bring.

Attachment 245023
    Where is the leak? When will it be on crackberry?
    02-05-14 05:18 PM
    Absolutely agree, that BB10 has not arrived. It's a completely new platform, based on PBOS. The large consensus is still huddled in the corner, under the assumption that OS10 is as, or should be as mature as BBOS. It's not. SO users that are afraid to adapt aren't fluent with OS10, and that makes them uncomfortable. It's this discomfort that has folks feeling jilted by BlackBerry.

Think about it sensibly. If it wasn't for leaked OS, Dev talent and CB, BB10 would be a bust. If it wasn't for former PlayBook owners, already acquired knowledge of PBOS through hacking, dingleberrying, and plain old tinkering, things like Sachesi and Darcy BBTool; backdoor clocks and unlocked runtimes; Snap, iGrann, RetroArch and PPSSPP, etc...we wouldn't even be conversing on the "when's the next leak" thread. Nothing in life is plain and simple. That's the illusion that the marketing dept of apple and samsung have leveraged and the masses have accepted. And that's fine. But selling simple will get boring. Selling easy will get old. Especially with technology. You know what never gets old? Discovery

"Oh snap, your phone can do that!!??? How come mines can't??" Do you know how many times I hear that? Then "that's a BLACKBERRY!!???", and I get to show off...BB10 is in it's first year...and it hasn't gotten OLD. Z10 is in it's first year....it hasn't gotten OLD. Apps become boring as h#77. Vine is old. Twitter is old. FB is old...but BBM Channels...we got the drop, because no one is up on it yet. And when they do, because they will, it won't be old.

Raise your hands, if you're still having first time buyers fun with your Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30?? I am.
    You guys saying that I'm being closed minded but I see it the other way.

Side loading an app to get apps is lame. You're not going to win consumers with that.

If a consumer has to do 1 extra step more than simply going to the app store, it's a fail.

We here on CB do it because WE WANT THE APPS. We are hungry for it. We are app poor and we will "work for apps".

The masses will not tolerate this. Especially if trying to win over an Apple or Android user.

If downloading un converted Android apps were a legit and authorized feature that's accessible without an unapproved third party app store, maybe go and market it. Until then, leave it alone. Leave the marketing of this feature to Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:55 PM
    It's NOT a dull point. The average consumer wants to have their cake and eat it too. All an average consumer cares is whether they can download an app or not. They don't care about the semantics of mechanics of the downloading itself. Therefore as more people out there, realise or become aware that they can download any apps they want (at whim too) then the mobile playing field will be sort of levelled for BlackBerry. Let's just wait and see.
    I think the average consumer is lazy and seeks the most convenient way possible to acquire what they desire (in this case apps). If I have to connect my phone to my computer an sidle load a third party app store to download all the popular apps I'm wasting my time. That's reality. No one is going to sit there and do that. As a matter of fact the average consumer is not "tech-savvy" enough or has the motivation to do it. They will look for alternatives, which is where android and iPhone prevail.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 likes this.
    02-05-14 06:29 PM
    I'm glad BlackBerry isn't advertising that it can run Android apps. It would be shooting themselves in the foot. It's far from perfect, there's no way to install Google Play, and Snap (while an awesome godsend that I fully endorse and love) simply isn't a real solution for the masses. Imagine it- "Well, if you can figure out this thing called 'sideloading', you can use an app to get other apps... but you can't purchase any, only get free ones. And not all of those will run. And some that do run, crash or don't run correctly." Not exactly a stellar sales pitch.

That said, I show off and brag to my friends about the things my "unpopular" BlackBerry can do. And I sincerely hope they keep working on and perfect the Android emulation so that someday it CAN be an advertised feature. But come on, folks... did the Wright brothers start selling tickets for air travel? We're still at the bleeding-edge pioneer stage. Great for us geeky tinker types, not so good for the general populace. Patience!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:36 PM
    I think the average consumer is lazy and seeks the most convenient way possible to acquire what they desire (in this case apps). If I have to connect my phone to my computer an sidle load a third party app store to download all the popular apps I'm wasting my time. That's reality. No one is going to sit there and do that. As a matter of fact the average consumer is not "tech-savvy" enough or has the motivation to do it. They will look for alternatives, which is where android and iPhone prevail.

Posted via CB10
    And you can put this on repeat.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:39 PM
    Yeap, mostely android from the latest numbers.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 likes this.
    02-05-14 06:42 PM
    But then, we must go to what makes us happy. To what does the job for US. Not for the market or the crowd.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 and wincyUt like this.
    02-05-14 06:43 PM
    As much as I'm glad for the new features in os10.2.1 I won't be happy unless bb10 is more feature rich and get things done better/more efficiently than os7.....

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:49 PM
    As much as I'm glad for the new features in os10.2.1 I won't be happy unless bb10 is more feature rich and get things done better/more efficiently than os7.....

Posted via CB10
    Such as....? in efficient terms obviously

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:52 PM
    You guys saying that I'm being closed minded but I see it the other way.

Side loading an app to get apps is lame. You're not going to win consumers with that.

If a consumer has to do 1 extra step more than simply going to the app store, it's a fail.

We here on CB do it because WE WANT THE APPS. We are hungry for it. We are app poor and we will "work for apps".

The masses will not tolerate this. Especially if trying to win over an Apple or Android user.

If downloading un converted Android apps were a legit and authorized feature that's accessible without an unapproved third party app store, maybe go and market it. Until then, leave it alone. Leave the marketing of this feature to Crackberry.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    You both must be awesome on a date

Girl "waiter, I'd like some cheese cake for dessert. please"
    You two "Oh hell NO!! I said dinner, not dessert!!"

You guys don't speak for everyone. You speak for yourselves and your experiences. And your comments speak volumes about how you use your devices and how you consume apps. Nothing wrong with that. You can say I'm so used to not having x.y. app, so I sideload z app to get to those a,b,c apps....whatever floats your boat.

What can't be denied, I'm having fun with my Z10. Sideloading for me, is like changing parts on a car to add to the way it performs. The excitement of installing the latest leak, beta testing apps, etc. is fun. Sorry you're not having fun guys.
    02-05-14 07:18 PM
    I'm glad BlackBerry isn't advertising that it can run Android apps. It would be shooting themselves in the foot. It's far from perfect, there's no way to install Google Play, and Snap (while an awesome godsend that I fully endorse and love) simply isn't a real solution for the masses. Imagine it- "Well, if you can figure out this thing called 'sideloading', you can use an app to get other apps... but you can't purchase any, only get free ones. And not all of those will run. And some that do run, crash or don't run correctly." Not exactly a stellar sales pitch.

That said, I show off and brag to my friends about the things my "unpopular" BlackBerry can do. And I sincerely hope they keep working on and perfect the Android emulation so that someday it CAN be an advertised feature. But come on, folks... did the Wright brothers start selling tickets for air travel? We're still at the bleeding-edge pioneer stage. Great for us geeky tinker types, not so good for the general populace. Patience!

Posted via CB10
    I know the iPhone users at my teens high school can walk me through jailbreaking their devices successfully. I know plenty of Android users that know how to recompile their OS, and can successfully walk me through it. Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing to to do something, especially if it adds to the user experience.

Why does a BB10 user have to walk this imaginary straight line? I can teach my grandmother how to use Sachesi in 5 minutes, and have her sideloading in 2 minutes. Come on folks, free your mind.
    02-05-14 07:24 PM
    You both must be awesome on a date

Girl "waiter, I'd like some cheese cake for dessert. please"
    You two "Oh hell NO!! I said dinner, not dessert!!"

You guys don't speak for everyone. You speak for yourselves and your experiences. And your comments speak volumes about how you use your devices and how you consume apps. Nothing wrong with that. You can say I'm so used to not having x.y. app, so I sideload z app to get to those a,b,c apps....whatever floats your boat.

What can't be denied, I'm having fun with my Z10. Sideloading for me, is like changing parts on a car to add to the way it performs. The excitement of installing the latest leak, beta testing apps, etc. is fun. Sorry you're not having fun guys.
    No. You're wrong. I have a Z10 - love it and I side load like a champ. I'm just like you my friend. ;-) Don't mistake my opinion for disgruntle user. I just don't have BlackBerry colored eyes.

I understand it's a fan site, but shining light on reality doesn't hurt. Every point against BlackBerry isn't bashing.
    02-05-14 07:29 PM
    A friend of mine used to jailbreak iphones. Charged $125. Just mentioned to anyone, even a girl that worked with us and had no clue what he meant. Said "it unlocks your phone so you can download a bunch of apps". People jumped at it. They even left the phone with the guy the whole weekend. And still do. Can you imagine if "Sideloading snap" was our way of getting a bunch of apps, do you think people would be drawn to that. Don't tell me average iPhone users don't go out of their way to jailbreak their phones. I tell people you want to improve your blackberry experience? Crackberry.com. First I say go to the leaks section and second I say sideload snap. BlackBerry users aren't as stupid as people think. Why do you think CB has so many visitors. People look to learn new things about their phones ALL The TIME.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    SirJes, Mecca EL and hamsterwheel like this.
    02-05-14 07:30 PM
    I know the iPhone users at my teens high school can walk me through jailbreaking their devices successfully. I know plenty of Android users that know how to recompile their OS, and can successfully walk me through it. Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing to to do something, especially if it adds to the user experience.

Why does a BB10 user have to walk this imaginary straight line? I can teach my grandmother how to use Sachesi in 5 minutes, and have her sideloading in 2 minutes. Come on folks, free your mind.
    But show your grandmother the iPhone or Galaxy and tell her to download the same app. I bet she would like that process a lot better.
    02-05-14 07:32 PM
    Nice at this speed we may see an official 10.3 this year:P

IROC-Z30 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    02-05-14 07:33 PM
    This average consumer thing, whose considered that? That's the question.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Pdinos3 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-05-14 07:40 PM
    Don't tell me average iPhone users don't go out of their way to jailbreak their phones.
    Judging by the people I see that are iPhone users and I see a ton, I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you that "average iPhone users don't go out of their way to jailbreak their phones."
    Kamika007z likes this.
    02-05-14 07:42 PM
    Judging by the people I see that are iPhone users and I see a ton, I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you that "average iPhone users don't go out of their way to jailbreak their phones."
    Well where I work, there were 8 iPhone users. 7 got their phones jailbroken once introduced to it. I'd say from what I've seen. And I've seen a lot. That's a lot going out of their way to jailbreak their phones.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 07:46 PM
    But show your grandmother the iPhone or Galaxy and tell her to download the same app. I bet she would like that process a lot better.
    My grandmother is a tinkerer. She don't do "easy". Where you think I get it from???

And for the record, the fact that I can connect to HDMI, and she and I can watch the Wizard of Oz together ...
    Grandma "iPhone's can't do this? Those Galaxies what's its can't do this? Junk!". Grandma has spoken!!
    02-05-14 07:46 PM
162 12345 ...