02-15-14 02:13 AM
162 1234 ...
tools
    You Guys mean I should download the leaked version?

I am currently on 10.2.0. I did the reload through link and 10.2.0.1791 was Installed.

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking if loading 10.2.0 worked then reloading 10.2.1 should work, like Sirjes said above.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:58 AM
    You Guys mean I should download the leaked version?

I am currently on 10.2.0. I did the reload through link and 10.2.0.1791 was Installed.

Posted via CB10
    Yup backup and try the leaked 1925, it's the same as the carrier released one,

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-05-14 08:59 AM
    nice!!

I have a feeling thoough that 10.2.2 could be the next maintencance release, and the next major update will be 10.3. looking forward to it!
    02-05-14 09:02 AM
    10.2.1.1925 is leaked for Z10 and Z30. For Q10 there is 10.2.1.1259 which I did Download but got the the same error

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:03 AM
    Nevermind I found it with 1899 radio. Will get back to you guys after trying

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:16 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry could make a big deal out of it. The third party stores are not BlackBerry approved and the act of side loading isn't necessarily a capability that BlackBerry wants to brag about either.

From a user it's great, but from a company perspective, it really something that they shouldn't talk about.

Posted via CB10
    I beg to disagree with you. You see it as sideloading, others will see it as versatility. The fact that no other OS has the ability to support or utilize some of the functionalities of another platform is something BlackBerry ought to toot its horns loudly as soon as all the wrinkles have been ironed out. Necessity is the mother of inventions.
    02-05-14 09:33 AM
    I beg to disagree with you. You see it as sideloading, others will see it as versatility. The fact that no other OS has the ability to support or utilize some of the functionalities of another platform is something BlackBerry ought to toot its horns loudly as soon as all the wrinkles have been ironed out. Necessity is the mother of inventions.
    But it's a dull point when other OSs don't need a third party app store to download the latest and greatest apps. The average consumer would not buy a BlackBerry because it can run APKs.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007, rav16 and anon1727506 like this.
    02-05-14 10:00 AM
    Don't know what you want the phone to do....make you breakfast as they say??? My Z10 will do more right now than android or iPhone, or at least as much!
    There's still some basic functions that the legacy OSs had that has yet to make it in OS 10 - custom profiles, separate volume levels per notifications, support for Outlook categories in contacts, and more granular backup and restore options are just a few things off the top of my head that I'm still waiting on.

Then, there are some new things I'd like to see, like better control of contact linking and import per account type - i.e., an option NOT to automatically link contacts if you don't want it to, and an option NOT to automatically bring in Facebook friends as contacts if you don't it to. These should all be available options when you first set these up - right now it's not and I have to undo those links and contact imports every time I re-setup my phone after an OS load.

Don't get me wrong - 10.2.1 is a big step forward, but there's still plenty of work to do.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:23 AM
    If they're going to to a 10.2.2, it should be in the next few months. The minor updates aren't going to help them win market share, it's the big features that are going to sell.

Posted via CB10
    True. I think Blackberry should follow Samsung and spend money on R&D to jam-pack their phones with features and on Quality Assuarance and Testing to fix annoying bugs in the phone.
    02-05-14 10:28 AM
    Don't know what you want the phone to do....make you breakfast as they say??? My Z10 will do more right now than android or iPhone, or at least as much!
    I can't agree with this comment. I love my Z10. I'm on my 2nd one.For ME, and I'm only speaking about ME, this statement doesn't hold true.
    I've been an ardent BB user for years (up until a cpl years ago)....I've owned 9 of them. I currently have a Z10 and a Galaxy S4. Although I love the Z10 and the BB10 UI (I personally thinks it's the ultimate mobile UI), there are a few function it doesn't do that my GS4 does.

1-Home screen contacts.-On the GS4, I can have group contacts on a home screen. Family, suppliers, builders, employee's. BB10 has an app but makes only one number available whereas on my GS4 all #'s are available and the option to txt, as well. This is actually a pretty big feature. My Z10 has the capability of keeping 9 speed dial #'s. I'm a contractor and the ability to access phone #'s at 60mph is essential
    2-Dropbox search-It doesn't exist. I suppose this is an app shortfall, but it's still a shortfall

There are a cpl others but they don't come to mind as I'm posting this.
    02-05-14 10:35 AM
    An approx date for a leak guys ??
    Thanks so much !
    At this point if anybody knew, trust me, they would be way too smart to be spending time on CB.
    02-05-14 10:44 AM
    Home screen contacts.-On the GS4, I can have group contacts on a home screen. Family, suppliers, builders, employee's. BB10 has an app but makes only one number available whereas on my GS4 all #'s are available and the option to txt, as well. This is actually a pretty big feature. My Z10 has the capability of keeping 9 speed dial #'s. I'm a contractor and the ability to access phone #'s at 60mph is essential
    This would be a pretty neat feature to have. I guess an easy implementation would be to add a contact group to speed dial since the new OS iteration now lets you create a contact group
    02-05-14 10:53 AM
    But it's a dull point when other OSs don't need a third party app store to download the latest and greatest apps. The average consumer would not buy a BlackBerry because it can run APKs.
    I agree that the "average consumer" is not buying a BBRY because it can run APKs. However, the ability to run apks on a BBRY is, in my opinion, a huge bonus. We can agree that one of BBRY's problem has been the lack of a good ecosystem, and while the continued development of native apps is to be encouraged (for a number of reasons, there is a place for them), I firmly believe multiplatform apps are the current wave. Kudos to BBRY for finding a way to make APKs work on their platform.

Some people argue it is not the ideal solution, and while there is some merit to that argument, it is one that I believe is the position primarily of BBRY "purists" and some BBRY haters. If the company can "tidy up" the acquisition of Android apps though a singular "approved" source, what we would have is a store that complements BBRY World. I do not think the "average consumer" would have a problem having two options. I see it as a strength, not necessarily a weakness.
    02-05-14 10:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    This view would only apply to you. I bought my PB, part of the reason being I could run converted apk's on it, without having to use an android tablet. Step out of your box, and come outside for a while. See the excitement on an average users face when they see you installing apps OTA from the Play store. Delight them in the fact that our community Dev's kick@$$, and dedicate their time to us, helping us make our devices less boring. What I don't do, is buy any device based on its app ecosystem. My kids do that. I expect them to. I also don't ever buy into what everyone else is buying into. I carefully select. So if my BB Bugatti happens to come with a Flux Capacitor, in a sandboxed environment...psssh, I'ma use it!!! Bottom line. With or without the runtime - which can easily be deleted from your device, for purities sake - my Z10 and Q10 still work, effortlessly.
    Azensun, Pdinos3, GPuba and 16 others like this.
    02-05-14 11:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's NOT a dull point. The average consumer wants to have their cake and eat it too. All an average consumer cares is whether they can download an app or not. They don't care about the semantics of mechanics of the downloading itself. Therefore as more people out there, realise or become aware that they can download any apps they want (at whim too) then the mobile playing field will be sort of levelled for BlackBerry. Let's just wait and see.
    02-05-14 11:42 AM
    This view would only apply to you. I bought my PB, part of the reason being I could run converted apk's on it, without having to use an android tablet. Step out of your box, and come outside for a while. See the excitement on an average users face when they see you installing apps OTA from the Play store. Delight them in the fact that our community Dev's kick@$$, and dedicate their time to us, helping us make our devices less boring. What I don't do, is buy any device based on its app ecosystem. My kids do that. I expect them to. I also don't ever buy into what everyone else is buying into. I carefully select. So if my BB Bugatti happens to come with a Flux Capacitor, in a sandboxed environment...psssh, I'ma use it!!! Bottom line. With or without the runtime - which can easily be deleted from your device, for purities sake - my Z10 and Q10 still work, effortlessly.
    Again, you are a BlackBerry loyalist that's always on Crackberry and you are tech savvy. The average consumer is not.

The best selling devices are what...easy, simple, and again, easy...right out of the box.

Let's be realistic about it and not bias. I love as BlackBerry as much as the next CrackBerrian but I'm not going to sit here and act like BlackBerry has arrived. Far from it.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and mariosraptor like this.
    02-05-14 11:43 AM
    I couldn't have said it any better.
    Didn't see your post before I posted mine.
    Mecca EL, go1ndr and Blacklatino like this.
    02-05-14 11:46 AM
    Again, you are a BlackBerry loyalist that's always on Crackberry and you are tech savvy. The average consumer is not.

The best selling devices are what...easy, simple, and again, easy...right out of the box.

Let's be realistic about it and not bias. I love as BlackBerry as much as the next CrackBerrian but I'm not going to sit here and act like BlackBerry has arrived. Far from it.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing is certain in life but I am tempted to make a bet with you. You are too tunnelled and don't even realise it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 11:49 AM
    I understand walt63, I'm a hard BlackBerry fan I have them and use them and cherish them. But many of my friends, family and coworkers use the phone just as it comes from the box they Don't get informed of updates and less are wiling to sideload Snap and will never know they can get 1mobile or Amazon from the net because they don't reed tech news. As an example I got my boss wife to buy the z10 and she still on 10.0 even dough she has received the 10.1 update from att&t, she haven't even try. So if BlackBerry wants to add numbers they need to advertise the new feature and put snap or any APK downloader pre-installed or on BBW so they can use it. Remember in the USA people change phones every 2 years and now they have the plan option to change it every year. So if BlackBerry advertise well we can get the piece of the pie that's willing to try new phones and make them BlackBerry fans.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 12:54 PM
    Don't agree with that, the average consumer is lead to think it is easier to use by a marketing campaign.

I showed my Co worker what I could do on my Z30 and he was amazed with the ease and the simplicity of getting around on the phone. In his words the taught BlackBerry phones couldn't run netflix that's why it wasn't on BlackBerry.

On the fast Z30
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-14 01:04 PM
    I don't know if the next coming updated OS for BlackBerry will come but I think BlackBerry will mess it up with modifying settings again like the new incoming phone call screen as a example.

Although I like the new software innovation of OS'es within BlackBerry 10 devices for updates.

Me as a BlackBerry end user want the old incoming phone call screen back or prefer an option for choosing ways of swiping Vertical or Horizontal.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:11 PM
    BlackBerry can't make a big deal about this.. we all know why(no, not the marketing reason but due to Android ported apps)
    This will lead to a much poorer image of BlackBerry and the developers who invest their time in making native apps for BB 10 will stop doing it! They need to play very very smartly
    walt63 likes this.
    02-05-14 01:16 PM
    Agreed. It's great that we all see the new goodies and realize that BB10 is awesome but it's not reaching the general consuming public.

Advertising some of the features would be a good step.

...and maybe a commercial or two to show off the new features that the majority of consumers have no idea about.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    02-05-14 01:22 PM
    I'm pretty sure 10.2.2 would launch with Jakarta.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely agree, that BB10 has not arrived. It's a completely new platform, based on PBOS. The large consensus is still huddled in the corner, under the assumption that OS10 is as, or should be as mature as BBOS. It's not. SO users that are afraid to adapt aren't fluent with OS10, and that makes them uncomfortable. It's this discomfort that has folks feeling jilted by BlackBerry.

Think about it sensibly. If it wasn't for leaked OS, Dev talent and CB, BB10 would be a bust. If it wasn't for former PlayBook owners, already acquired knowledge of PBOS through hacking, dingleberrying, and plain old tinkering, things like Sachesi and Darcy BBTool; backdoor clocks and unlocked runtimes; Snap, iGrann, RetroArch and PPSSPP, etc...we wouldn't even be conversing on the "when's the next leak" thread. Nothing in life is plain and simple. That's the illusion that the marketing dept of apple and samsung have leveraged and the masses have accepted. And that's fine. But selling simple will get boring. Selling easy will get old. Especially with technology. You know what never gets old? Discovery

"Oh snap, your phone can do that!!??? How come mines can't??" Do you know how many times I hear that? Then "that's a BLACKBERRY!!???", and I get to show off...BB10 is in it's first year...and it hasn't gotten OLD. Z10 is in it's first year....it hasn't gotten OLD. Apps become boring as h#77. Vine is old. Twitter is old. FB is old...but BBM Channels...we got the drop, because no one is up on it yet. And when they do, because they will, it won't be old.

Raise your hands, if you're still having first time buyers fun with your Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30?? I am.
    02-05-14 02:49 PM
162 1234 ...