01-24-14 07:39 PM
39 12
tools
    I agree. Whatsapp is a few steps ahead. I cannot keep anyone on BBM even though I try. Everyone keeps going back to Whatsapp for numerous reasons. We all know what happens to tech companies who are playing catch up.... I remember seeing a thread here after the 1055 leak that changed the call answer slider from up/down to side/side. Everyone was talking about how great the change was and how it looks more "androidish". Yet when someone copies BlackBerry then it's a big deal....

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    pagozahd likes this.
    01-23-14 12:11 PM
    I just don't understand how whatsapp can go from having NO interest in developing a bb10 application to then having an application that's more furnished and featured then BBM itself. In less time then blackberry!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:22 PM
    The only thing u said that's relevant there is the 6mb limit man

The way bbm handles picture sending is better to me, multi pic select is somewhat relevant, but bbm update that's coming is making it easier to send files, less navigation so that's that.

Bbm trumps whatsapp in benefits overall.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Actually most of those things are relevant to many many people out there. It is something that keeps me thinking that I rather use Whatsapp, but I want to promote BBM so I keep pushing for people to use that. The 6mb limit on BBM is a joke! I get my family always asking how they can send me videos, and of course BBM doesn't offer a simple way to do that, you can attach a video, but what video is smaller than 6mb today? BBM without a doubt has to upgrade the size limit to something quite a bit higher (25mb?) ... multi picture select would be a great feature for BBM, I have not used the beta 10.3 so I can not say if thats better, but all I know is that when I take multiple pictures from different angles I would like to share them all, it is more productive and efficient (Supposed to be BlackBerry traits) to just open the pictures and select all 5 and send! not re-enter the file manager and if you have it in folders you have to jump into other folders to get back to the same photo...not fun and not effective for users!

Finally the hi-def pics is actually also a big thing that many people want. I am sure you have seen in these forums that many people would like the choice! People should be able to decide to turn on or off the hi-def option...allow users to choose hi-def, low-def...BB can have it set to low-def to begin so people who truly want hi-def have to find it in the settings...same thing goes for senders...users can choose whether to send pics as hi or low...if user sends low, then the receiver will have do what we do now and request a hi-def pic from the sender......honestly many people have HUGE data plans that can easily handle more than 6mb files, and hi-def photos...for those who can and have that much room, let us send it as it will give users the best experience possible...when I send a beautiful picture to someone they see it as grainy and most people (especially on iOS and android) do not realize they can ask for hi-def photo from me...and they just assume the photo sucks...and in result says BB camera sucks...

It goes far beyond what features people think is useful or not...ultimately give the best and let people choose and then you will have better perception of the product...in this simple example of a grainy photo it results in iPhone or android users thinking BB cameras suck, and result in them telling people that the BB camera sucks, and then results in less people interested in the phone! Its a little thing but it all plays a factor in BB and their perception among users!
    Bdot-1 and WanShark69 like this.
    01-23-14 12:28 PM
    their is some other cool features in WhatsApp app to make it feel more like a native app. I will be posting after I get my z30.. selling the Z10 right now.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:35 AM
    BBM doesn't use/expose my phone number. Is much more secure also. This trumps, by a longshot, the advantages WhatsApp may have. Will not download any multi-platform messenger other than BBM.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-24-14 09:43 AM
    BBM security vs Whatsapp Messaging Features. Hmm... Tough call lol.

I actually like BBM tho.

I'm already waiting for BBM 3.0

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:39 AM
    BBM security vs Whatsapp Messaging Features. Hmm... Tough call lol.

I actually like BBM tho.

I'm already waiting for BBM 3.0

Posted via CB10
    Phone number not being used is most important to me. P.S. I am on the BBM 10.3.3.5, pretty great.

01-24-14 12:36 PM
    Phone number not being used is most important to me. P.S. I am on the BBM 10.3.3.5, pretty great.

I'm on BBM 10.3.2.23 (2nd beta, and I have problems)

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 12:44 PM
    I'm on BBM 10.3.2.23 (2nd beta, and I have problems)

Posted via CB10
    2nd Beta for me too, I got version # from settings screen. I've had no problems but as we've seen with iGrann, some people have issues on the same phone that others don't have

01-24-14 12:51 PM
    2nd Beta for me too, I got version # from settings screen. I've had no problems but as we've seen with iGrann, some people have issues on the same phone that others don't have

Only issue I have seen is the Activity Updates from Favourites used to delete automatically when opened on the previous release. Now you need to delete them manually. Other than that the rest of the program works better.
    01-24-14 12:55 PM
    Anyone have a your keyboard have severe seizures? Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 12:58 PM
    Anyone have a your keyboard have severe seizures? Lol

Posted via CB10
    I noticed this if I click on a toast notification for BBM when it opens the APP sometimes the keyboard is there and sometimes now. So I guess this is another issue.
    01-24-14 02:00 PM
    I just don't understand how whatsapp can go from having NO interest in developing a bb10 application to then having an application that's more furnished and featured then BBM itself. In less time then blackberry!!!

Posted via CB10
    Times change lol

After Voice is released (and if it is really stable) I'll have 90% of my contacts on BBM. It was the one feature they all missed when it launched.
    I'll mainly be keeping Whatsapp for 2 WP contacts and a a group one of them is in. I could just ditch them, but the other one is this one fine girl.. so :P
    BBM all the way for me!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Simple, BBM going cross-platform pressured them into improving their BlackBerry app

01-24-14 07:39 PM
39 12