01-06-14 04:13 PM
961 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I know, I was thinking to first use Intouch Contact App to do a backup but then thought all went smooth in 4543 so wont be a problem in 4633 as well as far as restore is concerned.
    1. I downgraded back to 4543 but still no restore
    2. i tried all methods and combinations suggested till now and still no LUCK.

Finally I am thinking to go to official OS and try the restore. If it works backup my contacts and work on this leak again. Thats the final call for tonight. Till then trying my luck again with the restore process on 4633. Also apart from Contacts , I will lose my 3 months hardwork of keyboard learning. It learnt almost all my Hindi words and now have to build that up again if restore fails.
    My email accounts are both EAS so all my contacts are refreshed from the corporate servers, thereby saving me the problem with contacts; however, many of my friends are using the contact apps because they are using regular IMAP, Gmail, etc. and this works great for them without sweating about the restore issues.

I totally understand the frustration with the custom keyboard learning. You definitely lose that. I have the same issue here in Thailand, but learned to get used to it because with a lot of the leaks doing a settings restore was bringing over too much junk from a previous build.

Hope this all helps
    Ashish Sanghvi likes this.
    07-17-13 04:56 AM
    Also I upgraded my LINK software between backup and restore, Do u think that it has to do something with failed backups? If yes can someone please share the LINK version 1.1.0.32 version, Currently i have latest version installed from BB Site which is 1.1.1.37
    1.1.1.32 is the latest version, been out since June 27th.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0E31AF7485EE07
    07-17-13 04:58 AM
    Seems like contacts and other important Stuff is history for me.
    Swipe down in the Contacts app and select Settings. Turn on accounts you want displayed in the 'Sow Account in Contact List'.
    07-17-13 05:07 AM
    I did, BB link said that my I needed to complete setup and then could reconnect the device to do a restore.

I checked everything and couldn't find anything which till needed to be setup barring my accounts.

I did the wipe and then reconnected to BB Link and it worked perfectly.
    07-17-13 05:26 AM
    1.1.1.32 is the latest version, been out since June 27th.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0E31AF7485EE07
    Ya I swapped the two release number. Anyways all is working fine now. Downloaded a back up for contacts app. I wish link to be updated with categorised backup n restore so we don't carry forward the junk.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-17-13 05:53 AM
    Also a big thanks to you too for your helpful insights. Thanks a tonne CB community.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-17-13 05:55 AM
    Hai guys, need help with the android runtime. At first after the sideload, my android apps were working but after one of them having a crash (Minion Rush), now everytime i open any android app it only shows a blank screen. Tried to reinstall the sys.android.bar and sys.android.shell but no go.

Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks
    07-17-13 06:37 AM
    Thank you...
    07-17-13 06:43 AM
    Hai guys, need help with the android runtime. At first after the sideload, my android apps were working but after one of them having a crash (Minion Rush), now everytime i open any android app it only shows a blank screen. Tried to reinstall the sys.android.bar and sys.android.shell but no go.

Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks
    Try a hard reset. Hold the screen lock button on the top of your phone until you see the BlackBerry logo, with the loading "circle" around it. Approximately it takes 30 seconds.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-17-13 06:43 AM
    I had side loaded 10.2 camera and clock apps, and is working excelent, 10x for the autoloader, i've installed the one with the block list pin,and had no problems so far.

Z10-stl1-4633
    where did you get these? please share links!
    07-17-13 06:48 AM
    Search for the thread with camera / Maps 10.2 bars. You will find these bars.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-17-13 06:50 AM
    Open a Google Page and type "camera clock 10.2 blackberry " download them and side load with ddpb or an other program sachi.... can t remember the name.

Z10-stl1-4633
    07-17-13 06:57 AM
    Try a hard reset. Hold the screen lock button on the top of your phone until you see the BlackBerry logo, with the loading "circle" around it. Approximately it takes 30 seconds.

After i do the hard reset, is there any waiting time for the android app to start or will it be instantly open like it use to?

Really hate to do another autoload from scratch since it will take quite sometimes to restore everything.
    07-17-13 06:57 AM
    It will take time to initialise the environment so be patient

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-17-13 07:00 AM
    Open a Google Page and type "camera clock 10.2 blackberry " download them and side load with ddpb or an other program sachi.... can t remember the name.

Z10-stl1-4633
    Thanks, from what I can see its only the Clock app that's 10.2.

Also does anyone else have an issue where if you turn on Facebook Sync Messages and leave Enable notifications off, Messages and Notifications sync. And if I turn Sync Messages off and leave Enable notifications on, nothing syncs??
    07-17-13 07:13 AM
    Anybody fix the problem with no SMS after backup?
    07-17-13 07:19 AM
    It will take time to initialise the environment so be patient

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    It's only open after the reset. Once i've closed it and open it again, blank screen appears and seems like no end. Any other way? I had this problem before with the 4354 and i extracted the sys.android and sys.android.shell from 2354 and it was working.

Is there any workaround without installing the older version of the android runtime. Would like to stay with the one in this build.

Thanks.
    07-17-13 07:30 AM
    It's only open after the reset. Once i've closed it and open it again, blank screen appears and seems like no end. Any other way? I had this problem before with the 4354 and i extracted the sys.android and sys.android.shell from 2354 and it was working.

Is there any workaround without installing the older version of the android runtime. Would like to stay with the one in this build.

Thanks.
    For your previous question: hard reset don't change anything, just force a full restart of the phone. (normal reset doesn't restart all the services)

For the other problem, it seems something is not working with the actual runtime, and I'd even suggest to load up 2354's, according to Bilaal's experience. But you did already and solved the problem. So it's great, and even if it's lower version it works for you, so stick with it.

07-17-13 07:40 AM
    For your previous question: hard reset don't change anything, just force a full restart of the phone. (normal reset doesn't restart all the services)

For the other problem, it seems something is not working with the actual runtime, and I'd even suggest to load up 2354's, according to Bilaal's experience. But you did already and solved the problem. So it's great, and even if it's lower version it works for you, so stick with it.

Can i install just the sys.android only or i have to install both sys.android and sys.android.shell from the same version also?

Thanks Adam.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:55 AM
    Facebook and other account contacts take some time to appear even photos take more time. Have patience, it will all be the same as before. It was similar to me but got everything ok after 10-12 hrs.
    I had the same issue. I after doing two rests and a battery pull facebook photos started loading again. I am not sure if that is the solution
    to the problem or the OS finally settled.
    07-17-13 07:57 AM
    Can i install just the sys.android only or i have to install both sys.android and sys.android.shell from the same version also?

Thanks Adam.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that you need the shell, and I always prefer if there's no issue don't mess with it. you know if you find out that something is not working, you can always load up the shell file as well.

07-17-13 08:09 AM
    First full day on this leak... was on Wifi the majority of the time. Pretty light usage today. Blaq, Foursquare, Whatsapp, BBM Groups, Instagram, a few dozen emails and a handful SMS messages. One phone call. BT enabled the whole day but not used. BoxSync enabled. BeBuzz running in active frame all day along with Battery Guru. 6 IMAP email accounts setup. Calendar/Contacts via outlook.com. Nothing too crazy. Lower than my normal usage today for sure. Work kept me busy.

Off the charger at 6:45am and down to 48% by 7:00pm. Not too shabby. Will be interesting tomorrow when I'm off wifi for most of the day.

NOTE: I have LTE disabled. I limit the radio to 4G/3G/2G rates.
    Can you try and see how a day without wifi looks on Battery Guru?

Z10 stl100-2 10.1.0.4633
    07-17-13 08:20 AM
    I haven't had any issues with Gmail on this build. You might need to do a security wipe and set-up the account fresh, but you might want to try just deleting the account first and then re-creating it.
    Did this, this the first day, no problems so far..
    thanx
    07-17-13 08:48 AM
    after installing some sideloads on stl100-1 became so laggy !?
    07-17-13 08:50 AM
    No software info for me after reboots etc. Restore worked fine, seems aight to me. Someone had said something about their pwds showing up in the predictive txt. I've not seen this. Will report anything else

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 09:08 AM
961 ... 2930313233 ...