01-06-14 03:13 PM
961 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Late to the game here, but downloaded and hit go to the auto loader- MUCH better than 4536!

Thank you
    07-16-13 09:38 PM
    Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    07-16-13 09:46 PM
    installed this morning, everything look fine, I'll see in the next few days.
    with previous leak I had a problem with google authentication, hope in this leak this problem fixed.
    just I noticed one thing that had mentioned before, the Software Release Number Show No Information avalable, but this is not a problem to me
    07-16-13 09:54 PM
    Thanks for these HaTax! I've seen a couple of people mention that you should install your BB World Apps & any sideloads prior to restore. Is that the recommended way to do it?
    Yup! I had mentioned it in another thread and decided to just create a thread with my suggestions in it, far easier then chasing each leak thread... Here's the process I use each time I go to load a new OS, and I end up with all my data back where it belongs including SMS & BBM :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...2/#post8837356
    zavar likes this.
    07-16-13 10:09 PM
    I installed this leak last night and so far everything is fine. But one thing I noticed is that all my Facebook contact pictures were not showing. I tried deleting my Facebook account and switched off my device. Still when I put back my Facebook account, contacts are there but no pictures. Anyone here had the same problem?
    bBOLD723 likes this.
    07-16-13 10:11 PM
    Yup! I had mentioned it in another thread and decided to just create a thread with my suggestions in it, far easier then chasing each leak thread... Here's the process I use each time I go to load a new OS, and I end up with all my data back where it belongs including SMS & BBM :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...2/#post8837356
    Thanks HaTax, I'm half-way through the process, just waiting the 5 minutes and then going to do the restore for the personal stuff... then I get to go and reactivate the BES stuff and let it complete the setup. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!
    07-16-13 11:43 PM
    After around 12 hrs on this leak, phone dial is very swift and correctlly identifies caller name. Contact has been much improved. Now, multiple selection of contacts is added so deleting contacts has become easier. For battery, it is early to comment.
    07-16-13 11:46 PM
    Restoring through BB link has been an issue since 4347 leak. Now, I have downloaded contactX and SMS Backup and managing these through it. Yesterday, I restored 1500 contacts through contactX, although it took around 30-40 minutes, but it did accurtaely. so, my problem of contacts and sms have been resolved. not dependent on BB Link.
    07-16-13 11:50 PM
    Facebook and other account contacts take some time to appear even photos take more time. Have patience, it will all be the same as before. It was similar to me but got everything ok after 10-12 hrs.
    amanago likes this.
    07-16-13 11:54 PM
    Google authentication is still present in this leak but its' ok.

installed this morning, everything look fine, I'll see in the next few days.
    with previous leak I had a problem with google authentication, hope in this leak this problem fixed.
    just I noticed one thing that had mentioned before, the Software Release Number Show No Information avalable, but this is not a problem to me
    07-16-13 11:55 PM
    Over night battery usage was a mere 3%. That is what I had with. 23xx but not with the two previous 45xx builds. One day with wifi only takes roughly about 30%. This is an excellent build.

Posted via CB10 on my mega cool Z10
    07-16-13 11:55 PM
    After the installation should i wipe the phone or not? or just follow your procedure for restore after the installation?
    It's been highly recommended in order to ensure no left-over issues from previous OS's, but it's not mandatory.

I do it and it's only an extra 15 minutes of time.
    07-17-13 12:14 AM
    Ok Guys all the thanks for your help but it doesnt seem to work. Starting afresh again (Seems like m not giving up).
    1. OS reinstall
    2. setup without BBID and security wipe
    3. Settingup again with BBID
    4. Changing device name
    5 Then connecting to link and hope for restore to work.
    6. Fingers crossed during whole process.

Please Pray for my restore. I have tried on 4543, 1720 still no restore. ALl i need is contacts, can anyone help getting contacts out of .bbb file?
    There is no way to extract contacts from the .bbb file as it is encrypted; however, there are several very good contact back-up programs people have been using, available in appworld. It backs-up your contacts onto your SD card so you shouldn't have any problems in the future.
    07-17-13 12:18 AM
    Anyone problems with Gmail? Setting it up, and than the next day cant login? Have to delete, and add the account again?
    I haven't had any issues with Gmail on this build. You might need to do a security wipe and set-up the account fresh, but you might want to try just deleting the account first and then re-creating it.
    07-17-13 12:19 AM
    Working great, it is stable, has shut down at 2%, best build so far

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:56 AM
    I had side loaded 10.2 camera and clock apps, and is working excelent, 10x for the autoloader, i've installed the one with the block list pin,and had no problems so far.

Z10-stl1-4633
    07-17-13 01:00 AM
    if you configured more than 1 email acccunt and you want to send a instant action mail like this:

" mail andre " the mail windows pops up but you cant send it because it didnt dectect your main email account. this was very annoying. I hope they fixed it in this version.
    07-17-13 01:37 AM
    When i try to restore one thing at a time, it starts and break restore and phone reboots, but when i do full restore only restore gets break, but phone doesnt reboot. M on STL100-1, Please suggest something. I cant restore. in 4543 it was like a smooth road, and in 4633 there doesnt even seem to be in any road
    07-17-13 01:42 AM
    There is no way to extract contacts from the .bbb file as it is encrypted; however, there are several very good contact back-up programs people have been using, available in appworld. It backs-up your contacts onto your SD card so you shouldn't have any problems in the future.
    I know, I was thinking to first use Intouch Contact App to do a backup but then thought all went smooth in 4543 so wont be a problem in 4633 as well as far as restore is concerned.
    1. I downgraded back to 4543 but still no restore
    2. i tried all methods and combinations suggested till now and still no LUCK.

Finally I am thinking to go to official OS and try the restore. If it works backup my contacts and work on this leak again. Thats the final call for tonight. Till then trying my luck again with the restore process on 4633. Also apart from Contacts , I will lose my 3 months hardwork of keyboard learning. It learnt almost all my Hindi words and now have to build that up again if restore fails.
    07-17-13 01:47 AM
    Also I upgraded my LINK software between backup and restore, Do u think that it has to do something with failed backups? If yes can someone please share the LINK version 1.1.0.32 version, Currently i have latest version installed from BB Site which is 1.1.1.37
    07-17-13 01:52 AM
    Also I upgraded my LINK software between backup and restore, Do u think that it has to do something with failed backups? If yes can someone please share the LINK version 1.1.0.32 version, Currently i have latest version installed from BB Site which is 1.1.1.37
    This happened to me once.
    I always ensure using same link version for both operations

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 02:09 AM
    if you configured more than 1 email acccunt and you want to send a instant action mail like this:

" mail andre " the mail windows pops up but you cant send it because it didnt dectect your main email account. this was very annoying. I hope they fixed it in this version.
    the bug is still there
    07-17-13 03:18 AM
    Yes this bug is still present in this OS version.
    07-17-13 03:27 AM
    The backing up and restoring never worked for me in the past. With these 3 or 4 leaks I managed to get it down and get everything restored.

1. - Put the BlackBerry into airplane mode.

2. - Open up Link and Backup, then close Link once the backup is finished.

3. - Run the Autoloader, and go through the setting up do not sign into BB ID.

4. - Security Wipe

5. - Run the initial set up, this time I sign into BB ID.

6. - Once set up has completed I switch the device name to what I had at the time of the backup. In this case I always rename my device to BLACKBERRY-Q10. By default it is BLACKBERRY-7CC0.

7. - I open Link with the renamed BlackBerry, and it always allows me to restore the backup I just made about a half hour ago.

Hope this helps you guys!
    Got this working. Special Thanks to you and Hatax.
    07-17-13 03:28 AM
    Steps to prepare your phone for a restore...

1.) Enable airplane mode (disabling all radios on the device).
    2.) Plug phone in via USB and reboot phone.
    3.) When phone boots, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Let it sit for 5 minutes undisturbed after it gets to the lock screen.
    4.) Start restore from BB Link after waiting for 5 minutes after boot.

Give that a shot and see what happens. I've never had the restore problem and have always recovered all my old data (SMS, BBM conversations, etc all restore just as they were before the upgrade) Granted that's only a portion of the procedure I follow, it's also not the only way to get a working backup / restore.
    You Just saved my phone. Special Thanks to you. I was missing something while following your procedure. Restore Worked Finally. Followed Everything as you specified except DIDNOT Touched the phone for more than 10 mins. Now all is set with this new leak.
    WIll keep community updated with findings and battery life during further course.
    Special Thanks Again. to you, Darcy, and all other who were always there with your suggestions.
    07-17-13 03:33 AM
961 ... 2829303132 ...