05-24-14 08:19 AM
36 12
tools
    I don't know if you guys have been reading around but there is this thing that was released with android (and already has iOS sdk) called spritz. It is said that it increases your reading speed by 500WPM. Which is insane. I would like to have this feature on blackberry to read large documents in a few minutes and why not books.

What do you guys think?

Awesomeness
    05-20-14 04:16 AM
    Try Turbo Reader app.

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex, anischab, Mr_F and 1 others like this.
    05-20-14 04:26 AM
    It doesn't matter if you read 500 WPM or 1000 WPM, reading comprehension it completely thrown out the window with these sort of pseudoscience apps. My best advice to stay clear of that crap.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 06:12 AM
    It doesn't matter if you read 500 WPM or 1000 WPM, reading comprehension it completely thrown out the window with these sort of pseudoscience apps. My best advice to stay clear of that crap.

Posted via CB10
    Try their demo. Google spritz. The comprehension is ridiculously good.

Awesomeness
    05-20-14 06:33 AM
    The comprehension is ridiculously good.

Awesomeness
    I see you grammar is already affected. Thanks, but no thanks.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt, Graheem and joejuck like this.
    05-20-14 06:37 AM
    I see you grammar is already affected. Thanks, but no thanks.

Posted via CB10
    And from your last message, yours is perfect? Lol

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt and Ealaionta like this.
    05-20-14 06:53 AM
    I'll pass out if I read that fast. Do people retain anything they skimmed over that fast?
    05-20-14 06:54 AM
    Important documents: need very detailed comprehension, reading speed not a bottleneck.
    Other literature: want to enjoy the reading experience, once again speed is not a bottleneck.

Then again I am one of those people who like to read, and I feel I already have a more-than-sufficient speed. I guess this is more for the "tl;dr" generation.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    endevour likes this.
    05-20-14 07:01 AM
    Spritz I believe has research that says their reading comprehension is improved with their method of reading. Like actual scientific research not bogus buy our product research. I have done some samples and I find that I can read pretty fast using their method. I first heard about them on NPR.

I suggest looking into the company and practices before you shrug it off as pseudoscience speed reading garbage or make too many assumptions.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was being facetious; perhaps I should have tagged my post as such.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 11:52 AM
    Spritz I believe has research that says their reading comprehension is improved with their method of reading. Like actual scientific research not bogus buy our product research. I have done some samples and I find that I can read pretty fast using their method. I first heard about them on NPR.

I suggest looking into the company and practices before you shrug it off as pseudoscience speed reading garbage or make too many assumptions.

Posted via CB10
    At least someone looked into it before judging me. In our time and age we are always looking for speed and quality. Spritz actually does both.

Awesomeness
    05-20-14 02:11 PM
    I was being facetious; perhaps I should have tagged my post as such.

Posted via CB10
    I really don't think you were. I think you are being an elitist ***.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 03:22 PM
    I really don't think you were. I think you are being an elitist ***.

Posted via CB10
    You can think whatever you darn well please, and I can ignore you too. Isn't it wonderful to be free? Just don't be surprised when someone pops you in the face for having a big mouth, cool?

Edit: RADEoN1337, the irony of someone using 1337 in their username can calling someone else an elitist ***. You're a joke bud.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 07:53 PM
    You can think whatever you darn well please, and I can ignore you too. Isn't it wonderful to be free? Just don't be surprised when someone pops you in the face for having a big mouth, cool?

Edit: RADEoN1337, the irony of someone using 1337 in their username can calling someone else an elitist ***. You're a joke bud.

Posted via CB10
    If that pops me in the mouth comment is a threat, we could easily work something out for you to do so.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 08:31 PM
    Relax children. Do we need a timeout in the corner?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 09:00 PM
    Relax children. Do we need a timeout in the corner?

Posted via CB10

Wouldn't waste my time. Time is money after all and this joker isn't worth a nickel.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 09:11 PM
    How is this a useful feature for the average consumer? And what makes this so amazing to you? Skim reading is what I've been using for a while to pick out key points in boring documents or even textbooks for referencing the calculations I do.
    And there a huge difference between genuine comprehension and getting "the jist of it".

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 10:45 PM
    blackberry 10.3.1 must have like game centre . i hope
    05-21-14 08:52 AM
    Wouldn't waste my time. Time is money after all and this joker isn't worth a nickel.

Posted via CB10
    Come on don't be that high school bully. No one likes that guy.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 09:16 AM
    How to derail a thread with petty arguments by Radeon1337 and ZeroBarrier

Anyway. I'd like to see support for spritz to at least have it as an option. I think it could be a great tool to read something like crackberry or other blogs in a short speedy way. For things I need to read and reread I would just turn it off. Anyway, point being support for stuff is better than not support for stuff. People can decide if they want to use it or not.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 09:49 AM
    How would you like it to be used? Turbo Reader does support taking in text via the 'Share' menu, and in emails a simple long press can select a line, paragraph, or whole email to quickly fire off into the share menu.

Doesn't get much easier than that.
    QtHelex likes this.
    05-21-14 10:15 AM

Anyway. I'd like to see support for spritz to at least have it as an option. I think it could be a great tool to read something like crackberry or other blogs in a short speedy way. For things I need to read and reread I would just turn it off. Anyway, point being support for stuff is better than not support for stuff. People can decide if they want to use it or not.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you. I want this mostly because I am a slow reader. I can't skim that we'll because I feel lost after a while. Trying out all the demos of spritz I was very impressed. So if you don't like it, don't use it, but support for people who do like it would be superb.

Awesomeness
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-21-14 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    You should have used "your's" when referring to a specific person. "Yours" would be used if referring to a group of people.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    05-21-14 03:00 PM
    Come on don't be that high school bully. No one likes that guy.

Posted via CB10
    I'm no bully, but I'm not about to let some punk talk crap to me without responding. Letting these maggots think they're some Internet badboys by not responding back to their wiseguy remarks is not something I'm known for.

And who invited you to the party? Your parents never teach you to keep you big nose out of other people's business? Word of advice; if it's not your problem, stay out of it.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 04:23 PM
    Hey Zero Barrier, seriously? Wow chill out man!
    vgorous likes this.
    05-21-14 04:45 PM
36 12