03-12-14 10:51 PM
79 1234
tools
    We all managing a dose of calm now?

The invitation could have been written much better. Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't seem to grasp a consumer perspective well. Had the warning been before "load it up right away", instead of way way further down the email, I know I wouldn't have been surprised it was like a fresh install.

This beta isn't about stickers. That they changed things and made them a priority over smileys I don't like at all. Any other opinion I have about them is off topic, and not fit for print.

I'm excited about a larger file transfer capability. I'll have to test it, now that I know I have a contact on beta too. Be wonderful if they made the limit unlimited. Nearly 3 times the max we've had for years is a good start.

The advertising is not intrusive at all. Not sure why anyone would get fired up about that, unless it was knee-jerk, based on assumptions instead of hands on experience.

Keep calm, keep Crackin'!
    03-06-14 05:36 PM
    again no bbm beta update for me
    Unfortunately only for selected people
    03-06-14 09:58 PM
    This update sux! They have ruined BBM! There better be some big changes fast! I want to delete this from my device!
    I'm kind of glad I didn't get an invite!! Thanks for the feedback.
    03-06-14 10:00 PM
    We all managing a dose of calm now?

The invitation could have been written much better. Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't seem to grasp a consumer perspective well. Had the warning been before "load it up right away", instead of way way further down the email, I know I wouldn't have been surprised it was like a fresh install.

This beta isn't about stickers. That they changed things and made them a priority over smileys I don't like at all. Any other opinion I have about them is off topic, and not fit for print.

I'm excited about a larger file transfer capability. I'll have to test it, now that I know I have a contact on beta too. Be wonderful if they made the limit unlimited. Nearly 3 times the max we've had for years is a good start.

The advertising is not intrusive at all. Not sure why anyone would get fired up about that, unless it was knee-jerk, based on assumptions instead of hands on experience.

Keep calm, keep Crackin'!
    So you're mad that you didn't read further down the email before installing? I could be wrong but that's what it seems like lol

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:21 PM
    So you're mad that you didn't read further down the email before installing? I could be wrong but that's what it seems like lol

Posted via CB10
    Surprised and mad are not synonymous, and I expect BlackBerry to fail at communication.

Nope, not a tinge of mad in my post at all.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-06-14 11:51 PM
    Haha its the bold font of your post wulf.

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-06-14 11:53 PM
    I didn't unsubscribe and had no issues. Channels is still there.
    I think the idea behind unsubscribing from those two specific channels was that they would send ads and it was to test that.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-07-14 12:16 AM
    All seems normal after a reboot.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-07-14 02:24 AM
    I think the idea behind unsubscribing from those two specific channels was that they would send ads and it was to test that.
    ^^THIS^^.
    03-07-14 07:10 AM
    OK but why don't they send anything then?
    I have not received an invite or so since I installed it 3 days ago.
    Not that I'm too keen on receiving ads, but it's kind of funny that I was already asked to respond to the survey, without having experienced the full scope of the new version.
    03-07-14 08:42 AM
    Not that I'm too keen on receiving ads, but it's kind of funny that I was already asked to respond to the survey, without having experienced the full scope of the new version.
    You have to be patient and wait for it.
    As stated in the invite email...
    Sponsored posts/invites may not appear right away, please be patient and keep an eye out when using BBM.
    I also installed on the day of release. I only just received the invite to the "Thought Bubbles" channel about 6:00PM last evening, and received my invitation to the "BlackBerry" channel about 3 hours ago at 7:00AM.

You do not have to respond to the survey immediately at this time.
    It has been sent you you to fill out after you have an experience with invites to report about.
    Wait until you see the invite and then fill out the survey. The survey will not run away or disappear anytime soon.
    03-07-14 09:09 AM
    So in my case even though I'm subscribed to the BBM Beta program, I still don't get the new release because I'm not selected?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 09:18 AM
    So in my case even though I'm subscribed to the BBM Beta program, I still don't get the new release because I'm not selected?

Posted via CB10
    Yup, prolly cause you never gave feedback. That's why I wasn't invited back.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 09:22 AM
    Yup, prolly cause you never gave feedback. That's why I wasn't invited back.

Posted via CB10
    I filled out every survey on time...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 09:37 AM
    You have to be patient and wait for it.
    As stated in the invite email...

I also installed on the day of release. I only just received the invite to the "Thought Bubbles" channel about 6:00PM last evening, and received my invitation to the "BlackBerry" channel about 3 hours ago at 7:00AM.

You do not have to respond to the survey immediately at this time.
    It has been sent you you to fill out after you have an experience with invites to report about.
    Wait until you see the invite and then fill out the survey. The survey will not run away or disappear anytime soon.
    3 days after a feature got released, I would like to see it.
    Anyway, thanks for your exceedingly detailed comment.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 09:49 AM
    I'm kind of glad I didn't get an invite!! Thanks for the feedback.
    I have sent more complete feedback to the BB survey. Now that I have seen advertisements and rebooted a few times, I have more details to share with them. It has messed up things on my BBM no doubt though, and had I stooped to think about it FIRST and about what might happen, I honestly would NOT have loaded it. but I have and so I am working with it and sending feedback as I am requested to do as a Beta tester.
    03-07-14 10:09 AM
    All seems normal after a reboot.
    A reboot went a long way in clearing up the overall lagginess. It did not give me my group back tho. Lost one completely. Big deal? No.
    03-07-14 10:12 AM
    3 days after a feature got released, I would like to see it.
    Anyway, thanks for your exceedingly detailed comment.
    It takes as long as it takes. No way around that.
    Unless it is accidentally ignored/declined. In that case the invite to the channel will never be offered again.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-07-14 10:44 AM
    So where are the ads and how do they look? Any screen shots?
    03-07-14 11:33 AM
    I dont get an invite but when I open beta's app, got new app update

The new BBM Beta is here!-img_20140308_000557.png

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 11:40 AM
    I got invite. I installed. I got my group back. I have no lag.

I got ad invite within 30 mins. I declined. And got it again within 2 hours.
    Left it for a day and declined again.
    Within a day I got a 3rd(diff one)

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-07-14 03:57 PM
    Almost a week now since I installed the beta - and still nothing has arrived. Strange.
    03-10-14 05:30 AM
    Almost a week now since I installed the beta - and still nothing has arrived. Strange.
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 11:18 AM
    Because you have to be in the beta zone since long time and answer to many surveys !

Running leak 10.2.1.2102
    03-10-14 11:33 AM
    Not being over dramatic...the company I run we're all in a few groups, the accounting department, sales, logistics team, safety and compliance etc.

This was a swift kick to the nuts as after I tried to open BBM I wasn't in any groups at all! Also when it did load up, it was like on legacy days when someone joins a group....slowed BBM down to a crawl. After closing and opening the app, some of my chats were deleted, and it took close to 4 hours to restore all my BBM groups AND contacts. Left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Betas are for TESTING PURPOSES. Please do not install a BETA program on daily-driver-only phones. Thank you for the input though. You have been helpful.

About the bad taste, when installing a beta program (for the purpose of helping development of an app or platform) spit out the bad taste and rinse with mouthwash. Then install older (non-Beta) app. Simple solution.

Trusted Member Genius
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 03-23-14 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Added non-Beta in parenthesis
    CDM76 and PJD642 like this.
    03-10-14 11:35 AM
79 1234