03-12-14 10:51 PM
79 1234
tools
    Any one of the complainers wanna give a more elaborate review?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    Stickers is more than annoying. It feels like something Microsoft would add as a "feature " without knowing why or knowing the current demographic of their users. BlackBerry is better than that.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:22 AM
    What don't you like about it?

Posted via CB10
    First off, it's slow as h3ll.

Upon installation it feels like I used an autoloader on my device. Battery was getting it's @$$ kicked for no reason, had been kicked from all my groups. By default, when you tap the emoticon icon, you're brought to use the stickers, which is a load of sh1t.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 06:27 AM
    First off, it's slow as h3ll.

Upon installation it feels like I used an autoloader on my device. Battery was getting it's @$$ kicked for no reason, had been kicked from all my groups. By default, when you tap the emoticon icon, you're brought to use the stickers, which is a load of sh1t.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are being a little over dramatic. My battery drain has not changed.
    There is no lag in app compared to previous 2 versions.
    All my groups returned.
    And only took about 5 minutes to DL and install.
    Yes it's slightly irritating that it defaults to stickers rather than smilies. (slightly, not suicidal) . You are one of the reasons(right now) not enough public people get betas. Blowing the situation WAY out of proportion... and to the wrong people on top of that.
    Put down the red Bull and have a beer or two. Then stress your concerns in an adult conversation... with the correct people.
    We get you don't like it. Repeating your agony over and over in several threads like a 2 year old who had their cookie eaten by the dog (I know, cause I deal with my 2 year old everyday) is not helping anyone.

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by drizzt09; 03-06-14 at 08:42 AM.
    gokulesh, CDM76, jfguay2 and 13 others like this.
    03-06-14 07:41 AM
    Exactly! It's in beta for crying out loud! You'll have the liberty to tell BlackBerry that you don't want stickers to be set as the default option!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Gearheadaddy like this.
    03-06-14 07:47 AM
    If it's sucking your battery hard try deleting and rebooting then reload it

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    03-06-14 08:01 AM
    Oh wait BBM can't be deleted.. security wipe.. also make a log and send it in to them detailing what's going on

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    03-06-14 08:08 AM
    Only issue I've had with it is it seems one of the groups didn't restore for me. Still pretty lagging tho like the last beta was for me
    03-06-14 08:34 AM
    And added to my ignore list.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:10 AM
    Has anyone seen the sponsored adds?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:20 AM
    Installed the beta yesterday, install was smooth and operations seems to be fast and reliable.
    I have not yet received any invitations or sponsored ads.
    I just wish there was an option to uninstall unwanted stickers - so far I couldn't find one. What happens if over time a large collection is being accumulated and a user wants to get rid of some?
    Last edited by gnirkatto; 03-06-14 at 12:08 PM.
    03-06-14 09:59 AM
    I think you are being a little over dramatic. My battery drain has not changed.
    There is no lag in app compared to previous 2 versions.
    All my groups returned.
    And only took about 5 minutes to DL and install.
    Yes it's slightly irritating that it defaults to stickers rather than smilies. (slightly, not suicidal) . You are one of the reasons(right now) not enough public people get betas. Blowing the situation WAY out of proportion... and to the wrong people on top of that.
    Put down the red Bull and have a beer or two. Then stress your concerns in an adult conversation... with the correct people.
    We get you don't like it. Repeating your agony over and over in several threads like a 2 year old who had their cookie eaten by the dog (I know, cause I deal with my 2 year old everyday) is not helping anyone.

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Not being over dramatic...the company I run we're all in a few groups, the accounting department, sales, logistics team, safety and compliance etc.

This was a swift kick to the nuts as after I tried to open BBM I wasn't in any groups at all! Also when it did load up, it was like on legacy days when someone joins a group....slowed BBM down to a crawl. After closing and opening the app, some of my chats were deleted, and it took close to 4 hours to restore all my BBM groups AND contacts. Left a bad taste in my mouth.
    03-06-14 10:13 AM
    I guess I'm not a fangurl anymore now that I complained!
    Although I find the sponsored ads fine. The lag and losing groups really bothers me tho!
    The ads I don't mind, at all. It's the sluggishness, and the booting from groups that I did/do mind. Also the stickers being the default when you go to select an emoticon, doesn't sit nice with me.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-06-14 12:13 PM
    My beta zone has been stuck like this for forever now.
    Attachment 253082
    Well shoot.

Posted via CB10
    It's done, open it

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Z10 Official 10.2.1
    03-06-14 12:15 PM
    If BBM is critical to your existence or company, then don't run a Beta version.

03-06-14 12:17 PM
    If BBM is critical to your existence or company, then don't run a Beta version.

Don't really think I got what you said.

They shouldn't be beta testing themselves or Blackberry shouldn't let ousiders beta test?
    03-06-14 12:46 PM
    I guess I'm not a fangurl anymore now that I complained!
    Although I find the sponsored ads fine. The lag and losing groups really bothers me tho!
    My groups took awhile to comeback (maybe 10 mins) did some of yours not come back at all?

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-06-14 01:09 PM
    Don't really think I got what you said.

They shouldn't be beta testing themselves or Blackberry shouldn't let ousiders beta test?
    Deezy brought up its use in his accounting department.

The point was that if you are using it professionally and your business depends on it, it is probably not advisable to do beta testing for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 01:11 PM
    The new version is not bad and to me seems quicker than the previous Beta. The only thing I don't like is that you report a bug to them and then the next Beta comes out but doesn't fix the bug reported. Hopefully they are listening for the final release of the new version.
    03-06-14 01:26 PM
    Deezy brought up its use in his accounting department.

The point was that if you are using it professionally and your business depends on it, it is probably not advisable to do beta testing for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    lesson learned, it was a bit of a disappointment, as previous beta releases of BBM didn't completely reset everything*.

* My apps that were BBM connected had to be reconnected, as if I had done a fresh OS load (autoloader). Kinda bothersome, but we're still kicking
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-06-14 02:29 PM
    Ya, I have had to reconnect as well.

I added a beta zone thread Re: sticker as default when emoticon button is pressed. I really am not keen on this either. He said that the next survey would poll users on it.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-06-14 02:46 PM
    Not being over dramatic...the company I run we're all in a few groups, the accounting department, sales, logistics team, safety and compliance etc.

This was a swift kick to the nuts as after I tried to open BBM I wasn't in any groups at all! Also when it did load up, it was like on legacy days when someone joins a group....slowed BBM down to a crawl. After closing and opening the app, some of my chats were deleted, and it took close to 4 hours to restore all my BBM groups AND contacts. Left a bad taste in my mouth.
    If you are using your device to run a company you'd think that you would know better than to install BETA software that is by definition still full of bugs and doesn't have all the wrinkles ironed out.

Some people...

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    03-06-14 02:50 PM
    If you are using your device to run a company you'd think that you would know better than to install BETA software that is by definition still full of bugs and doesn't have all the wrinkles ironed out.

Some people...

Posted via CB10
    The last betas didn't mess me up in any way, shape or form. So I bit the bullet, and learned a lesson in the process. The Q10 doesn't run my business, I run my own business, and the Q10 is a little bit of a helper. Take a look at what I accomplished with its help in the first week of February.

$201,096.00, not a bad score

The new BBM Beta is here!-img_20140204_160629_hdr.jpg
    93Aero, jaydee5799 and Rello like this.
    03-06-14 03:51 PM
    The last betas didn't mess me up in any way, shape or form. So I bit the bullet, and learned a lesson in the process. The Q10 doesn't run my business, I run my own business, and the Q10 is a little bit of a helper. Take a look at what I accomplished with its help in the first week of February.

$201,096.00, not a bad score

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140204_160629_hdr.jpg 
Views:	1549 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	253303
    ^This^
    Sums up why I love my BlackBerry and I know when it makes me money.
    Sure 'some' of the things it does can be accomplished with other phones, but with BlackBerry it makes it so effortless and doesn't make work feel like work.

Been off since Friday, this is my first day back and using my Q10 alone I haven't missed a lead or lost contact with a client. This all without sitting in front of a computer.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and deezy87 like this.
    03-06-14 04:04 PM
    My groups took awhile to comeback (maybe 10 mins) did some of yours not come back at all?

Posted via CB10
    One of mine didn't. I was reinvited back.
    I did not do a reboot until this morning and it seems to be running more like normal! Happy to report. Just in time for the survey
    dusdal and deezy87 like this.
    03-06-14 05:11 PM
    Great...yet another Beta that I wasn't included in.

Blegh...
    03-06-14 05:23 PM
79 1234