08-06-14 09:35 AM
40 12
tools
    That is strange indeed. Thanks for pointing it out. I don't have many entries, but they all work.

I know what you mean about going back. I can't go back to older ones because I don't want to lose Triage and that's saying something on an unfinished OS.

We all have those little things that "drive" us.

Posted via CB10
    I should go back to 10.2.1, as a public service, because I know if I do, a new leak of 10.3 will land within 48 hours.

I'm going to try deleting one of the non-functioning entries, then doing a reset and putting it back in. Just for fun.
    07-01-14 11:32 AM
    I did wipe.

What is the connection between Learned Words and Word Substitution?
    Ok
    If I create a word substitution for tmnt > teenage mutant ninja turtles it will work.
    But if tmnt is a learned word, the suggestions conflict. I've had to clear learned words a few times because of my typing style because tmnt was a learned word before I created the word substitution or I accidentally override the word substitution by typing tmnt many times.

Also you might want to try toggling the correction behavior from fix misspelled words to insert top prediction and see if that helps
    ubizmo likes this.
    07-01-14 12:32 PM
    Ok
    If I create a word substitution for tmnt > teenage mutant ninja turtles it will work.
    But if tmnt is a learned word, the suggestions conflict. I've had to clear learned words a few times because of my typing style because tmnt was a learned word before I created the word substitution or I accidentally override the word substitution by typing tmnt many times.

Also you might want to try toggling the correction behavior from fix misspelled words to insert top prediction and see if that helps
    Interesting idea. I tried clearing learned words and changing the correction behavior, but the problem persists.

Also, for the record, deleting an entry, doing a reset, then re-adding it had no effect.

But here's a new wrinkle: I tried deleting one of the entries that did work, then re-adding it. When I re-added it, it no longer worked.
    07-01-14 12:52 PM
    Interesting idea. I tried clearing learned words and changing the correction behavior, but the problem persists.

Also, for the record, deleting an entry, doing a reset, then re-adding it had no effect.

But here's a new wrinkle: I tried deleting one of the entries that did work, then re-adding it. When I re-added it, it no longer worked.
    Want to share an example of one you are using?
    I just tried adding yy > yoyo and it's working
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.700
    07-01-14 01:17 PM
    Want to share an example of one you are using?
    I just tried adding yy > yoyo and it's working
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.700
    I have lots of them:

smtg > something
    ntg > nothing
    tdy > today
    wd > would
    shd > should

and many more.

And keep in mind that all of these were working fine for the first several weeks after installing 10.3. Then one day some of them stopped working. I hadn't installed a new OS or any new apps. That's the really strange part.
    07-01-14 01:25 PM
    I had this issue with 10.2 and after my restore word sub quit on 10.3 too... i figured it must come back to settings or perhaps a error in word substitution, I started fresh, can not live without word sub
    07-01-14 02:09 PM
    Wow, if they were working for a while at first, that indeed IS even stranger...

Try backing up just settings, then removing them all and restoring just those settings.

Or wait, did you say you already tried that?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 02:25 PM
    Wow, if they were working for a while at first, that indeed IS even stranger...

Try backing up just settings, then removing them all and restoring just those settings.

Or wait, did you say you already tried that?
    No, I haven't tried that. I will, though.
    07-02-14 08:24 AM
    No, I haven't tried that. I will, though.
    I tried it. I did a backup, deleted all Word Sub entries, reset the phone, and did a restore. The problem persists.

Moderator: Is it possible to edit the title of this thread to "10.3 Word Substitution glitch"? The title I chose is uninformative.
    07-02-14 10:51 AM
    I'm updating this to report that, upon rolling back to 10.2.1 and manually re-inputting all my Word Sub entries, everything is working fine (except for known Word Sub glitches that have nothing to do with this thread). Whatever was causing my problem was definitely related to the 10.3 leak, and hopefully won't be present in the release version of the OS.
    08-06-14 08:18 AM
    I'm updating this to report that, upon rolling back to 10.2.1 and manually re-inputting all my Word Sub entries, everything is working fine (except for known Word Sub glitches that have nothing to do with this thread). Whatever was causing my problem was definitely related to the 10.3 leak, and hopefully won't be present in the release version of the OS.
    Good news fire chest will include word sub to back up options

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    08-06-14 08:19 AM
    Good news fire chest will include word sub to back up options
    Ooh, thanks for that heads up! That alone makes it worth the (inexpensive) price. The less I have to depend on Link, the better.
    08-06-14 08:25 AM
    I just installed Fire Chest and now realize that you were writing in future tense: It will have Word Sub backup; it doesn't yet have it.
    08-06-14 09:01 AM
    I just installed Fire Chest and now realize that you were writing in future tense: It will have Word Sub backup; it doesn't yet have it.
    Oh sorry sir you misunderstood
    BlackBerry hasn't open the library api for the dev yet

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    08-06-14 09:03 AM
    Oh sorry sir you misunderstood
    BlackBerry hasn't open the library api for the dev yet
    No worries. It's a good app anyway, and I'm sure it'll be updated when the API is released.
    08-06-14 09:35 AM
40 12