08-06-14 09:35 AM
40 12
tools
    Device: Q10SQN100-5/10.3.0.296 with some .442 bars.

I've been running this leak since it dropped. So that's a few weeks. Yesterday I started seeing something new: Some, but not all, of my Word Substitution entries stopped working. They don't show up in green and they don't get substituted.

They're still listed in the Word Sub lexicon, they just don't do anything anymore. It's the same ones all the time. Reset/restart doesn't fix it.

Very strange.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    06-11-14 05:00 PM
    It's a leak, what do you expect?

Security wipe it, or revert to 10.2, or what have you.

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    06-11-14 05:01 PM
    I wasn't asking for advice; just reporting for anyone who might be interested. I hadn't heard about this one before.

habs_fan, go1ndr, tatail and 7 others like this.
    06-11-14 05:04 PM
    Make a few new entries and see if they "stick" after a reset.

The Word Sub's that don't work, are they simple single-word replacements like "qx = Q10" or more complex ones that expand into sentences.
    Just wondering if maybe spaces, carriage returns, and/or certain characters are fouling it up somehow. Anything in common with ones that don't work or ones that still do?
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-11-14 05:06 PM
    I'm on Verizon STL100-4 running 10.3.0.296/442 bars...word sub is okay...try reloading the needed bars if all else fails

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    06-11-14 07:01 PM
    I may end up going back to 10.2.1 over this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to restore my Word Substitution entries in that direction.

06-11-14 09:18 PM
    Another issue I've come across, is my downloads tab in the browser stopped working (it simply won't open anymore)
    06-11-14 09:27 PM
    ... Some, but not all, of my Word Substitution entries stopped working. They don't show up in green and they don't get substituted.

They're still listed in the Word Sub lexicon, they just don't do anything anymore ...
    I'm not on the leak, but I do have trouble with a few entries in my own custom words list. For example, I have "thy" set to render "thank you" with the box to "always use this capitalization" left unchecked. It sometimes renders "Thank You." I don't want it to capitalize "you" ever, and I want it to capitalize "thank" only at the start, not in the middle of a sentence. I don't want "you" capitalized in a closing either. There are a few others like this that I can't get to work as consistently as I like. See the pic; green is good, red is bad:

New 10.3 glitch-thy.jpg
    06-11-14 09:55 PM
    Make a few new entries and see if they "stick" after a reset.

The Word Sub's that don't work, are they simple single-word replacements like "qx = Q10" or more complex ones that expand into sentences.
    Just wondering if maybe spaces, carriage returns, and/or certain characters are fouling it up somehow. Anything in common with ones that don't work or ones that still do?
    Most of the Word Sub entries in my lexicon are single word replacements.

I tried making new entries and doing a reset (not restart). They "stick", in the sense of continuing to be listed after the reset, but they don't work. That is, they're not recognized when actually typing, regardless of what app is being used. So some, but not all, of my Word Sub entries are "recognized" and replaced; others are just treated as misspellings.

It's certainly an interesting bug.
    06-12-14 08:27 AM
    Reloading the OS didn't fix it.

06-12-14 01:06 PM
    And, for the record, installing .700 didn't fix it.
    06-26-14 08:29 AM
    10.3 isn't official yet what do you expect.

In squircle we trust.
    06-26-14 11:54 AM

In squircle we trust.
    To be honest, I don't know what to expect. As far as I know, I'm the only person who has had this problem, so I made this thread just in case someone else experiences something similar.

OS leaks are unpredictable. Sometimes something that was broken in a previous leak works in a later leak, but something that worked in a previous leak no longer works in the later leak.

I can see that all of my Word Sub entries are still there. For some reason, some of them aren't getting loaded into memory. I'm hoping that some future version of 10.3 will be able to handle them. In the meantime, I'm just reporting what I observe.

This is the second "What do you expect" comment I've gotten in this thread. The point is that anyone who, like myself, has a large number of Word Sub entries might want to know about this particular risk.
    jaydee5799 and Skyforever like this.
    06-26-14 12:03 PM
    Nvm

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sayf777; 06-26-14 at 12:20 PM.
    06-26-14 12:05 PM
    I wasn't asking for advice; just reporting for anyone who might be interested. I hadn't heard about this one before.

Ya....i got that. Thought it was obvious. I guess not.

BB Proud
    06-26-14 12:11 PM
    You reloaded os but didn't wipe right?
    In that case, clear learned words
    06-30-14 03:20 AM

In squircle we trust.
    Gotta love people who post comments like this in a discussion forum about leaked OSes.

So stupid.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-30-14 04:29 AM
    Gotta love people who post comments like this in a discussion forum about leaked OSes.

So stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Not so stupid, because plenty of people here are quite surprised that a leaked OS had some issues.
    That is what I would call "stupid".

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 05:56 AM
    Not so stupid, because plenty of people here are quite surprised that a leaked OS had some issues.
    That is what I would call "stupid".

Posted via CB10
    Haven't seen a single example of this in the leaked OS forum.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 06:06 AM
    To be honest, I don't know what to expect. As far as I know, I'm the only person who has had this problem, so I made this thread just in case someone else experiences something similar.

OS leaks are unpredictable. Sometimes something that was broken in a previous leak works in a later leak, but something that worked in a previous leak no longer works in the later leak.

I can see that all of my Word Sub entries are still there. For some reason, some of them aren't getting loaded into memory. I'm hoping that some future version of 10.3 will be able to handle them. In the meantime, I'm just reporting what I observe.

This is the second "What do you expect" comment I've gotten in this thread. The point is that anyone who, like myself, has a large number of Word Sub entries might want to know about this particular risk.
    If you are going back to your original OS, install the OS then do a secure wipe of your device. This will remove any remnants of the previous OS or in this now, OS's that were left behind after the re-installations.
    ubizmo likes this.
    06-30-14 06:12 AM
    I'm not on the leak, but I do have trouble with a few entries in my own custom words list. For example, I have "thy" set to render "thank you" with the box to "always use this capitalization" left unchecked. It sometimes renders "Thank You." I don't want it to capitalize "you" ever, and I want it to capitalize "thank" only at the start, not in the middle of a sentence. I don't want "you" capitalized in a closing either. There are a few others like this that I can't get to work as consistently as I like. See the pic; green is good, red is bad:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thy.JPG 
Views:	4032 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	277618
    The capitalization logic for word substitution in BB10 has always been weaker than it was in the Legacy OSs.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 07:01 AM
    I've noticed that all entries that begin with T or later in the alphabet don't work. But it's not the case that all entries earlier in the alphabet do work. It's erratic.

Also, I've tried deleting and re-adding entries that don't work, and this doesn't help. It's very strange.
    07-01-14 09:09 AM
    You reloaded os but didn't wipe right?
    In that case, clear learned words
    To repeat myself
    07-01-14 10:25 AM
    That is strange indeed. Thanks for pointing it out. I don't have many entries, but they all work.

I know what you mean about going back. I can't go back to older ones because I don't want to lose Triage and that's saying something on an unfinished OS.

We all have those little things that "drive" us.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 11:09 AM
    To repeat myself
    I did wipe.

What is the connection between Learned Words and Word Substitution?
    07-01-14 11:30 AM
40 12