I have been running almost all the leaks that came out, up to 1791.

Now its being officially rolled out.... I'm like ..... "Mweeeeee. Seen it". :-)

Leaks rob you of the surprise / the WOW factor. Its like getting a present wrapped in clingflim.
    10-21-13 04:41 AM
    But you got to sneak a peek into the box and play with your new toy before others got to open theirs.

Seems like a fair trade off

Posted on a Post-It!
    10-21-13 07:47 AM
    So keep installing leaks, haha
    10-21-13 07:53 AM
    But you got to sneak a peek into the box and play with your new toy before others got to open theirs.

Seems like a fair trade off

Posted on a Post-It!
    +1

I agree. It gives you "I had it first" feeling.

Whenever people ask about the pins on my screen I just say that I'm a BlackBerry beta tester.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    10-21-13 07:53 AM
    I've seen the future - our BlackBerry future - and as you watch this battle of OSs just beginning to unfold, I've already seen the final act!
    10-21-13 07:56 AM
    I've seen the future - our BlackBerry future - and as you watch this battle of OSs just beginning to unfold, I've already seen the final act!
    Its like reading Revelations.... you already know the ending. LOL
    10-21-13 08:34 AM
    I can definitely see the downside. I've never run any leaks. Partially cause of the nerve factor that what if something goes wrong or my phone isn't fully function-able and I only have this one device. I've been beyond content with 10.1 - of course looking forward to the many updates coming in 10.2 but I'd prefer to wait for the official release. Never know though, if it takes too long to release 10.2 over here in the US on T-Mobile I may have to load up a leak.
    howards likes this.
    10-21-13 08:46 AM
    I can definitely see the downside. I've never run any leaks. Partially cause of the nerve factor that what if something goes wrong or my phone isn't fully function-able and I only have this one device. I've been beyond content with 10.1 - of course looking forward to the many updates coming in 10.2 but I'd prefer to wait for the official release. Never know though, if it takes too long to release 10.2 over here in the US on T-Mobile I may have to load up a leak.
    ATT is so slow to release new OS updates that my family and I have run leaks for years. Only one time did the OS fail to work as expected. The downside in my family is far below the upside to the latest releases. Reading the forums helps to prepare. Any time a real problem arises the return to an earlier OS is always available. For me leaks have always been and are now the way to go.
    10-21-13 08:58 AM
    Leaks are awesome. I can't see myself dropping back to 10.1 for any reason. I haven't witnessed any BB10 device being bricked by a leak. If someone has, man oh man did they screw up large during the setup process.

Even after 10.2 goes official I'm going to be playing in the 10.2.1 sandbox for kicks.

I agree with the OP that I will miss out on the party when 10.2 goes official but it will be more of a been there done that feeling for me. The cost of being bleeding edge.
    10-21-13 09:26 AM
    So keep installing leaks, haha
    Indeed.

And so I shall.

IchooseBlackBerry :-)
    10-21-13 09:37 AM
    Why wait for the good things to come while you can have it NOW.
    I always install any new leak available, every new leak has something new or something fixed (or both) so why wait with the buggy old one when you can have one with fixed issued (still new issues may arise, which are then fixed in the next leak !!! )
    Cheers.
    moyah8 likes this.
    10-21-13 09:38 AM
    Why wait for the good things to come while you can have it NOW.
    I always install any new leak available, every new leak has something new or something fixed (or both) so why wait with the buggy old one when you can have one with fixed issued (still new issues may arise, which are then fixed in the next leak !!! )
    Cheers.
    ...... new issues may arise, which are then fixed in the next leak !!! .... new issues may arise, which are then fixed in the next leak !!!

Guess with every crack comes leaks. :-)
    10-21-13 09:40 AM
    I stopped installing leaks as every time I installed a leak I had to re download any movie bought from BlackBerry World. After doing 4 leaks plus 2 factory resets on my phone because of a couple of issues with it that meant I went over the 5 download limit for the movie, so basically I lost it. : (

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 09:46 AM
    I wouldn't give up new features to wait on a carrier to release an OS ever again. If it's leaked, and I can load it, you better believe I'm putting it on my Z10.
    10-21-13 10:16 AM
    Battery goes for toss on Z10STL100-1. Rest all is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 12:09 PM
    Negatives: A glitch here and there
    Positives: Off topic and too numerous to list.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-22-13 03:32 PM
    I agree with the OP that I will miss out on the party........
    Those who show up fashionably late always miss the best part of the party!

I show up at 5 and hammered by 530!

That's where the real party is at!

Posted on a Post-It!
    Suraj Jadhav and Killington like this.
    10-22-13 08:07 PM

I show up at 5 and hammered by 530!

That's where the real party is at!

10-23-13 10:52 AM