08-03-15 03:08 AM
66 123
tools
    Really?

You must not read these forums much.

Every OS that is leaked or officially released gets posts from about half that say such-and-such release sucks - bad battery drain, wi-fi and mobile data connection drops all the time; while the other half gets the best battery life they ever had and no connection problems what so ever.

And I mean for every... single... OS... version that gets released you see that kind of experience spread.

You saw the same with every 10.3.1 release, and 10.2.1 release regardless of how far along development was. 10.2.0 and 10.1.0 too.

BTW, this wasn't limited to BB10 either. If you were around in the BBOS days of looking for the latest OS 7, 6, 5 or 4 builds from various carriers around the world, you would have seen pretty much the very same experience spread - from fantastic to awful for the very same builds.

Posted via CB10
    Best answer!!

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-22-15 03:32 AM
    see attached... Need to know if 10.3.2.2339 it's good upgrade or not.-img_20150726_213547.png

what do i need to change to fix the battery life?... or should i reinistall a different OS version? if so which version?

I have tried 10.3.2.2339 and 10.3.2.2339/10.3.2.840.

I was on 10.3.2.2204 which went well until all of a sudden it started eating battery and getting real warm so I decided it was time to do a clean re-install

Please help
    07-26-15 03:17 PM
    see attached... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150726_213547.png 
Views:	932 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	364277

what do i need to change to fix the battery life?... or should i reinistall a different OS version? if so which version?

I have tried 10.3.2.2339 and 10.3.2.2339/10.3.2.840.

I was on 10.3.2.2204 which went well until all of a sudden it started eating battery and getting real warm so I decided it was time to do a clean re-install

Please help
    Your PIM services are very high (and this will eat battery like crazy) - suggest you check:

sync intervals for all of your email and social media (Facebook, etc.) accounts - could be they are set to sync very frequently
    consider deleting and resetting up your email and social media accounts - sometimes things get "wacked" and it causes PIM services to go berserk.

NOTE: I have 2 email accounts - work syncs every 5 minutes; personal every 15 minutes - and my PIM is usually between 2-3% - and I do not have any social media accounts.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/859 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    07-26-15 03:49 PM
    And if you do decide to reinstall the OS - suggest you do a cfp wipe first, then install an OS using an autoloader - and DO NOT RESTORE ANYTHING.

Whatever may be causing your problems would be reinserted into your device if you restore anything - so a "clean" install, followed by manually setting up accounts again, manually re-downloading and installing apps, etc will give you the best chance of finally getting things to work properly.

ppeters914 likes this.
    07-26-15 03:53 PM
    Please help me to know if I have to upgrade to this release. Z10 STL-2

Posted via CB10
    The simple answer is NO you do not have to upgrade to this release.

Also the only true way you will 'know' is if you install it for yourself. All else is just someone else's opinion based on their past experiences. For you to know you must create your own experience.

Good luck and only do it if it is fun.

Passported from my consciousness to yours .
    wojt7 and ppeters914 like this.
    07-26-15 04:57 PM
    Your PIM services are very high (and this will eat battery like crazy) - suggest you check:

• sync intervals for all of your email and social media (Facebook, etc.) accounts - could be they are set to sync very frequently
    • consider deleting and resetting up your email and social media accounts - sometimes things get "wacked" and it causes PIM services to go berserk.

NOTE: I have 2 email accounts - work syncs every 5 minutes; personal every 15 minutes - and my PIM is usually between 2-3% - and I do not have any social media accounts.

Thank you for your reply.
    I have checked my accounts (i even deleted them then checked they were deleted properly with the account cleaner app)

I have a few accounts i will list them out
    - Gmail Email Account
    - Imap Account - Work 1
    - CardDAV Account - Work 1
    - CalDAV Account - Work 1
    - Imap Account - Work 2
    - Imap Account - Work 3
    - Yahoo Email Account

I have had all these accounts on other versions and it has been ok (actually on other versions i had more CalDAV and CardDAV accounts and had my linkedin account)

Furthermore all accounts are set to sync every 2 hours and no social media accounts
    07-26-15 11:26 PM
    Anyone else have a problem with OTG microUSB flash drives not reading on this build? (or the official one from rogers?)

Passport | Fido
    07-26-15 11:40 PM
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have checked my accounts (i even deleted them then checked they were deleted properly with the account cleaner app)

I have a few accounts i will list them out
    - Gmail Email Account
    - Imap Account - Work 1
    - CardDAV Account - Work 1
    - CalDAV Account - Work 1
    - Imap Account - Work 2
    - Imap Account - Work 3
    - Yahoo Email Account

I have had all these accounts on other versions and it has been ok (actually on other versions i had more CalDAV and CardDAV accounts and had my linkedin account)

Furthermore all accounts are set to sync every 2 hours and no social media accounts
    Okay - I know you have tried several OS installs - how did you do them? Autoloader or nondestructive? And if autoloader, did you wipe first (full wipe, not just security wipe) - and did you restore any data or apps after the OS install?

07-27-15 12:12 AM
    Okay - I know you have tried several OS installs - how did you do them? Autoloader or nondestructive? And if autoloader, did you wipe first (full wipe, not just security wipe) - and did you restore any data or apps after the OS install?

Thanks for your reply

Autoloader... I always do an autoloader... never done a nondestructive probably never will...

No i dont restore afterwards... i back up first in case something goes badly wrong but never restore it... always just start fresh...

No i dont do a full wipe first... i thought the auto loader did that...
    07-27-15 01:47 PM
    Thanks for your reply

Autoloader... I always do an autoloader... never done a nondestructive probably never will...

No i dont restore afterwards... i back up first in case something goes badly wrong but never restore it... always just start fresh...

No i dont do a full wipe first... i thought the auto loader did that...
    Autoloaders do wipe as part of the process - many people (like me) believe that doing a separate wipe first is a good way to ensure a problem free OS install. Many other people say it does nothing.

If you want to do so - Google "cfp nuke a" - you should find a source for what you need.

Other than that - I am mystified as to what could be causing the exceedingly high PIM percentages you are having.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    07-27-15 06:17 PM
    Battery saving is very good option!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 06:04 PM
    Battery saving is very good option!

Posted via CB10
    Tried that. It doesnt help much. as i have already disabled interactions etc and dont run bluetooth unless it needs to be connected... and have the screen brightness at about 15% etc
    07-28-15 06:46 PM
    Interesting. Unlike many, you've done what should result in a trouble-free installation.

Have you tried downloading another autoloader file just in case your first one was corrupted?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    07-29-15 09:43 AM
    Tried that. It doesnt help much. as i have already disabled interactions etc and dont run bluetooth unless it needs to be connected... and have the screen brightness at about 15% etc
    Hmm, what's your cell signal like ? Sometimes poor signal strength can cause some system overdrive.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 10:04 AM
    Not good. It messed up with the Chinese input. Copy and paste becomes more difficult.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:27 AM
    Not good. It messed up with the Chinese input. Copy and paste becomes more difficult.

Posted via CB10
    I have no problem on Chinese input with the copy and paste. Reload OS by autoloader.

Z10/STL100-2/10.3.2. 2339
    08-03-15 03:08 AM
66 123