09-13-16 05:09 AM
63 123
tools
    I don't know why there are people taking a condescending accent when there are some users asking when 10.3.3 will be available or are complaining about the delay. I know that 10.3.3 is just a maintenance release and will bring nothing new to the table. I am just pissed of with the communication. Since last year my passport had some very rare overheating issues and self rebooting that I wanted to try to get remedy by doing a complete wipe and reloading. I have waited for March with 10.3.3 to do it, then June, then August. If I knew from the beginning I would just have made a reload with the most recent version available at that time. That's like being at the restaurant and being hungry. Your dishes are late and then the waiters give you one wrong ETA after the other haha. One hour later you are still hungry and waiting for your food that will arrive in an estimated time of 5 minutes. I would prefer blackberry having a policy of saying "it will arrive when it will arrive"...However I really think it will arrive one day and we will not be playbooked this time
    09-04-16 01:04 AM
    Order appetizers next time

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-04-16 01:29 AM
    Order appetizers next time

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    LOTS of appetizers.

*C5303
    dirtyberry75, delgadom and arkenoi like this.
    09-04-16 02:03 AM
    I totally agree!!!
    It's acceptable to say 'we are late, we will deliver on ----' and then really deliver, the opposite is just giant blooper. We are customers of BlackBerry, not the other way around, so they should be very careful about message they have sent to us by postponement of 10.3.3. It is very clear, that they neglected the very hard core customer group they have. I know they need fresh and bigger portion of customers, but it would be foolish strategy to forgot about their previous customers. I have to say I will be very very cautious about buying Priv or DTEK when I see how they treat their older products.

Software / firmware theses days is about updates (unfortunately), long time ago you could party on a phone with the same and functioning firmware for a decade (Nokia 6210). These days, there is a potential in every new update and we want it! They promised us a candy, they haven't gave it to us yet, so we are legitimately pissed off!

And chaps who protect BlackBerry and say 'that are so busy with android' or 'They need get certification for this and that'... I don't get it, are you blind or weak on all other senses? 10.3.3. Is a false promise, and BlackBerry should not walk away from it that easily.

BTW: I really like BlackBerry and patiently waiting for 10.3.3!

Blackberry Passport | Czech Republic
    moyah8 and tazcubed like this.
    09-04-16 03:56 AM
    It's all about android now ppl as every week they updating driod apps and what not , it's obvious BlackBerry don't care too much about their own OS anymore. All they really want is for us to ditch OS10 for their driod devices

Zed30
    DEV560 likes this.
    09-04-16 07:38 AM
    It's all about android now ppl as every week they updating driod apps and what not , it's obvious BlackBerry don't care too much about their own OS anymore. All they really want is for us to ditch OS10 for their driod devices

Zed30™
    That is almost certainly their strategy and their hope, but what they are telling us, what the CEO and other top BlackBerry execs are telling us, is that "BB10 remains supported" and "we are fully committed to BB10" and "we don't rule out another BB10 device in the future" and various other variations on that theme of **** ****.

That is what makes me upset with them. If you're dropping and killing BB10 then man up and have the balls to say it. Don't string people along with the lies and disingenuous half-truths and coy little remarks.

I'll go a step further and say it's not just about communications, it's about respect. And clearly BlackBerry has no respect whatsoever for the folks who still like and use BB10.
    09-04-16 08:17 AM

Zed30
    It sure seems as you say.

Posted via CB10
    DEV560 likes this.
    09-04-16 08:43 AM
    OP, let me correct your analogy. It's like going to a restaurant, seeing a sign stating next week they will have a new item, then refusing to eat until said item is available.

If I had an issue, I would use everything currently at my disposal to resolve it.
    09-04-16 10:59 AM
    OP, let me correct your analogy. It's like going to a restaurant, seeing a sign stating next week they will have a new item, then refusing to eat until said item is available.

If I had an issue, I would use everything currently at my disposal to resolve it.
    OP has a defective unit. I bought my first PPSE on eBay and when it arrived it kept randomly re-booting. I tried all troubleshooting techniques, and nothing good came of it. I then sent my device back to the seller, received my money back and then bought one directly from BlackBerry when they had their 'May Madness' sale on. I have never had any issues of that nature since!

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    BigBadWulf and tazcubed like this.
    09-04-16 12:14 PM
    OP has a defective unit. I bought my first PPSE on eBay and when it arrived it kept randomly re-booting. I tried all troubleshooting techniques, and nothing good came of it. I then sent my device back to the seller, received my money back and then bought one directly from BlackBerry when they had their 'May Madness' sale on. I have never had any issues of that nature since!

Definitely the most likely issue and resolution.
    ZeBB45 and BergerKing like this.
    09-04-16 12:18 PM
    10.3.3 was never gonna happen. Learn from the past.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-04-16 01:12 PM
    That is almost certainly their strategy and their hope, but what they are telling us, what the CEO and other top BlackBerry execs are telling us, is that "BB10 remains supported" and "we are fully committed to BB10" and "we don't rule out another BB10 device in the future" and various other variations on that theme of **** ****.

That is what makes me upset with them. If you're dropping and killing BB10 then man up and have the balls to say it. Don't string people along with the lies and disingenuous half-truths and coy little remarks.

I'll go a step further and say it's not just about communications, it's about respect. And clearly BlackBerry has no respect whatsoever for the folks who still like and use BB10.
    Exactly my feeling and sentiment! Thank you!
    09-04-16 04:39 PM
    Someone at BlackBerry obviously did something they shouldn't have done, apparently for PR purposes, by trying to predict when the US government's NIAP certification process for 10.3.3 would be completed. Maybe now that summer vacations are mostly done things will get moving again.
    09-04-16 04:41 PM
    If you want an update all the time, purchase either a Priv or a DTEK50, they are getting all the love and you can update almost every month or so, mostly security updates but hey, maybe it will fill that thrill your looking for!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 06:02 PM
    get used to it, a lot of companies promise updates and it might be delayed or cancelled.
    09-04-16 10:34 PM
    Something that you could have done in 2 hours, you put off for nearly 6 months because you were waiting for an update. I'm going to sleep on that, but I have a feeling when I get up in the morning it will make as little sense to me as it does right now.

I've backed up/ restored my Passport 2 or 3 times since I got it, when the Hub was doing weird stuff. Not once did it ever cross my mind that it was Blackberry's fault for this since 10.3.3 was late. I've been looking at it all wrong! It's time for a class action lawsuit! Or better yet, an online petition!
    KemKev and DrBoomBotz like this.
    09-05-16 12:55 AM
    Sorry, but what's the whole point of making announcements without providing any timely updates on those announcements? It only makes the company look incompetent, drives away business because it becomes unreliable and untrustworthy. Has there been any simple announcement? No. So, really the fact that management can't be bothered to tell their customers what's going on is going to result in fewer customers because essentially management is saying that customers (especially loyal customers) don't matter.

Customers make decisions based on products purchased and directions set by those manufacturing companies.

Chen may have been great in the past somewhere else, but he's showing poor leadership at Blackberry. He needs to go (minus some of his compensation because of his poor performance) and have someone who actually wants to lead and remember that like any company, it's about the customer.
    09-05-16 09:10 AM
    I think this is a way of continuing to sell BlackBerry 10 devices, otherwise they would have tons of stock left over if they said they were stopping.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    StephanieMaks and TGR1 like this.
    09-05-16 09:15 AM
    I thought the running joke with 10.3.3 is that it's never coming out... ?

\_(ツ)_/
    09-05-16 09:16 AM
    I thought the running joke with 10.3.3 is that it's never coming out... ?

\_(ツ)_/
    We have to make jokes, otherwise we would crack up (no pun intended) lol...

Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-05-16 09:59 AM
    I think this is a way of continuing to sell BlackBerry 10 devices, otherwise they would have tons of stock left over if they said they were stopping.
    And as a way of showing on going support for existing government and business customers who still have BB10 devices.
    09-05-16 10:40 AM
    And as a way of showing on going support for existing government and business customers who still have BB10 devices.
    Unless those elusive government and business customers already have 10.3.3 I think they're getting exactly the same "ongoing support" that we are -- lies, half truths, and bull****.

I think Matty is correct. Chen et al are just stringing things along with their bogus statements, in an effort to push out the last 100k handsets at full price. Once they admit it's dead, they'll have to write-down whatever's left in a fire sale.
    Rustiman likes this.
    09-05-16 01:32 PM
    Whether 10.3.3 came out a month ago, a month from now, or never, would it make any difference for anyone considering a purchase of a BB10 device? I would say no.
    09-05-16 01:35 PM
    Whether 10.3.3 came out a month ago, a month from now, or never, would it make any difference for anyone considering a purchase of a BB10 device? I would say no.
    Precisely!

The only people for whom this update holds significance beyond emotion, are not on this board stomping their feet.

Edit - except those who thought loading a dev OS on a daily driver would be
    TheDutch20, DrBoomBotz and moyah8 like this.
    09-05-16 02:36 PM
    Precisely!

The only people for whom this update holds significance beyond emotion, are not on this board stomping their feet.

Edit - except those who thought loading a dev OS on a daily driver would be
    The promise of 10.3.3 (or its actual release, should that ever come to pass) may not influence a lot of people to rush out and buy BB10 handsets.

But if the company publically announces that BB10 is officially dead, support terminated, it's over, goodbye, that would almost certainly influence the handfull of people still interested in BB10 to re-evaluate their choices.

And realistically (or pessimistically) it costs BlackBerry absolutely nothing to have Chen or another c-suite executive to say "we still fully support BB10". Honestly, with that kind of 'support' they can afford to 'support' BB10 forever.

It just comes back to honest communications and respect. At this point I believe they are dishonest, and have little or no respect for customers / potential customers. Every handset they can sell with the promise of 'ongoing committment to BB10' is a handset they have sold on a lie, IMHO.

I do not treat my customers this way and I find it appalling that they do -- and get a pass on it from so many folks.
    09-05-16 03:04 PM
63 123