So I figured "OK, that's easy" and probably just like getting rid of "Games" - since it's not deletable the regular way (long press does NOT give a little trash can), I just copy the sys file in via chrome, and then check the box for "Uninstall". Problem is, my first guess for what files was "Tutorials" (sys.firstlaunch) wasn't the right one.

So...two things: 1) - what is the actual file I need to get rid of to remove Tutorials? (I know I don't NEED to get rid of it, and I've got it hidden in a folder, but I still know it's there and I want it gone unless it's essential to the OS. I already know how to swipe to the hub.), and 2) despite having removed Foursquare and Linkedin by the "longpress>garbage can" method, when I go into the phone via Chrome I still find sys.foursquare & sys.linkedin files. Can I safely copy those in and check "Uninstall", or is there a reason they stay after having been deleted with the "trashcan" method?
    12-07-13 01:39 PM
    So I figured "OK, that's easy" and probably just like getting rid of "Games" - since it's not deletable the regular way (long press does NOT give a little trash can), I just copy the sys file in via chrome, and then check the box for "Uninstall". Problem is, my first guess for what files was "Tutorials" (sys.firstlaunch) wasn't the right one.

So...two things: 1) - what is the actual file I need to get rid of to remove Tutorials? (I know I don't NEED to get rid of it, and I've got it hidden in a folder, but I still know it's there and I want it gone unless it's essential to the OS. I already know how to swipe to the hub.), and 2) despite having removed Foursquare and Linkedin by the "longpress>garbage can" method, when I go into the phone via Chrome I still find sys.foursquare & sys.linkedin files. Can I safely copy those in and check "Uninstall", or is there a reason they stay after having been deleted with the "trashcan" method?
    I am not sure on any of specific file names but keep in mind sys.linkedin, sys.twitter and all others are probably the service connectors rather than the apps.

Let me go into dev mode and take a look.

EDIT:

The apps themselves show with their names and icons. sys.socialconnect.xxxxxxx handles the connections. I strongly advise against deleting those.

sys.help handles the help index. I tested and it is not running, meaning it only is used then you hit "?" or Help on an app. Deleting it and accidentally asking for help could end up on a error.. or a system crash.

All sys.data.imf.xxxxx that are not the language you use can be safely deleted from the OS.

There is a retaildemo file there that handles the Showcase Mode and can (and should lol) be deleted since you do a better job showcasing the device yoursefl.

I'm looking into sys.firstlaunch. I actually think it is the setup.
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-07-13 at 02:37 PM.
    jaydee5799 and PJD642 like this.
    12-07-13 02:02 PM
    In the previous build we were able to delete the tutorials icon, hopefully the option returns.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 02:04 PM
    In the previous build we were able to delete the tutorials icon, hopefully the option returns.

Posted via CB10
    I THOUGHT SO! I could have sworn I used to be able to on 10.2.0, but wasn't sure. Thanks for at least letting me know I wasn't hallucinating again...
    12-07-13 02:13 PM
    The bar you are looking to delete is:
    Sys.howto

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 likes this.
    12-07-13 02:34 PM
    The bar you are looking to delete is:
    Sys.howto

Posted via CB10
    What about the things I said? What happens if you delete it and hit help?
    12-07-13 02:36 PM
    If you delete help you will no longer be able to use the help app.

You can delete first launch as it is only used on initial setup and will be reloaded when loading a complete new os.

Retail demo is another huge file everyone should delete along with all unused language files.

Edit: deleting help will not cause fatal crash - it just won't work

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and PJD642 like this.
    12-07-13 02:40 PM
    I am not sure on any of specific file names but keep in mind sys.linkedin, sys.twitter and all others are probably the service connectors rather than the apps. The apps themselves show with their names and icons. sys.socialconnect.xxxxxxx handles the connections. I strongly advise against deleting those.

All sys.data.imf.xxxxx that are not the language you use can be safely deleted from the OS. There is a retaildemo file there that handles the Showcase Mode and can (and should lol) be deleted since you do a better job showcasing the device yourself..
    The bar you are looking to delete is: Sys.howto

Posted via CB10
    Thank you both! sys.howto is now gone, as are airtunes, games,retaildemo & mmagic.
    12-07-13 03:11 PM
    Why did you delete airtunes?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 03:13 PM
    Edit: deleting help will not cause fatal crash - it just won't work

Posted via CB10
    I was expecting that to be so. Who needs help anyway!

Thank you both! sys.howto is now gone, as are airtunes, games,retaildemo & mmagic.
    What are those two?
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    12-07-13 03:15 PM
    Airtunes is the music player. I can't remember the other

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-07-13 03:20 PM
    Airtunes is the music player. I can't remember the other

Posted via CB10
    I knew there was a reason I never bothered deleting it lol

EDIT: Look at us shrinking BB10 lol...
    LP_Rigg and eldricho like this.
    12-07-13 03:24 PM
    Mmagic is the story maker I think.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    diegonei and LP_Rigg like this.
    12-07-13 03:47 PM
    Mmagic is the story maker I think.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Movie magic. Yeah, makes sense.
    12-07-13 03:52 PM
    Yep, mmagic is the story maker, which I highly doubt I'll ever use. And I goofed on airtunes...they're all in the same folder on the PC - I loaded the .848 or whatever version since the .1055 one doesn't work well for me. Apologies for misspeaking.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    12-07-13 05:37 PM
    Thanks for the info here guys! After installing a leak, I decided to delete some of these files and make some room.
    01-05-14 07:39 PM
    Gonna have to get rid of some of these myself! Thanks
    01-05-14 08:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=890782

Sent from a power plant called the Z30!
    diegonei likes this.
    01-06-14 07:35 AM
    I posted this in the other thread so I figured I would put it here too.

Be careful with this method, I stumbled across it when side loading bars in previous leaks, I wanted to delete the shortcuts to settings and some of the other redundant ones, normally you can't delete settings, or at least it would just delete the shortcut, but after side loading you can delete the actual settings bar, then you are screwed, if you don't put it back before rebooting because you can't enable development mode. I had to reflash one of the 10.2.0 leaks a few times before I figured out what was going on. Now I just have 2 folders with all of the redundant icons just to be safe.

Good thinking outside the box though, I might do that for tutorials.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-06-14 10:52 AM
    Yep, that is our good Shane's guide on how it's done.

That and the info on what can be deleted from this thread... Should make some people happy!
    01-06-14 07:34 PM
    I posted this in the other thread so I figured I would put it here too.

Be careful with this method, I stumbled across it when side loading bars in previous leaks, I wanted to delete the shortcuts to settings and some of the other redundant ones, normally you can't delete settings, or at least it would just delete the shortcut, but after side loading you can delete the actual settings bar, then you are screwed, if you don't put it back before rebooting because you can't enable development mode. I had to reflash one of the 10.2.0 leaks a few times before I figured out what was going on. Now I just have 2 folders with all of the redundant icons just to be safe.

Good thinking outside the box though, I might do that for tutorials.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    Good post - people need to realize and understand what is a shortcut and what is the actual core app. I always delete many things, but 1925 has made some things like games, for example, problematic. In earlier OS's you could sideload and still delete even if the entry point in the manifest was marked permanent. Can't really blame BlackBerry after all the people who had deleted the sys.games complaining their games wouldn't load.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 07:52 PM