I know the threads are full of people listing how they did it, but they are also still full of people asking how. And there seems to be a lot of chat about certain apps not working, or crashing. I haven't encountered any of the frequent issues being mentioned.

So here's what I did:

1. Move all photos, videos, personal files to SD Card
    2. BBM'd 360 Panorama 360s because there was no other way to backup or move the files. Then had the receiver send them back to me later.
    3. Manually backed up contacts (I don't have that many. I realize those of you with hundreds might want to use an app to do so)
    4. Removed SD card
    5. Downloaded the autloader from mega (took about 15min)
    6. Shut down the phone and pulled the battery
    7. Booted my Mac up in Windows (Via Bootcamp)
    8. Connected the battery-less phone and ran the autoloader (took about 5 minutes)
    9. Put battery back in and turned on phone (took about 5 minutes to start up)
    10. After initial setup process, did a Security Wipe (Took about 20 minutes to boot back up)
    11. After post-wipe setup process, put my SD card back in
    12. Added my e-mail accounts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
    13. Installed WhatsApp, Skype, Google Talk, BeBuzz from App World
    14. Downloaded the newest APK files and used the debug token method to sign and Chrome extension to sideload them. See this guide

No visible errors or glitches. Toast and lock screen notifications work perfectly, Facebook notifications come in just fine. BBM is good. Calling is fine. Reception good. GameLoft games appear to be the only casualty (see below).

I signed and sideloaded the following apps/versions:
    • Evernote 5.2.2. - Works completely, including notifications when you set in-app reminders on notes
    • Flipboard 2.0.7 - Works completely
    • Instagram 4.0.2 - Works completely (including viewing video), less adding filters to videos (and the keyboard input when commenting is still wonky as before)
    • Shazam 3.14.0 - Works completely (and so far is doing better than native Soundhound)
    • Vine 1.3.3 - Works to view, but not to upload
    • Google Sky Map - Works completely
    • HipChat 2.0.0.004 - Works completely (although on very first load displays a dismissible start error)

A few notes for those considering from 10.1:
    - I came from 10.1 MR, but again, I did a complete, clean start, and if you want to have minimal issues, that's probably the way to go.
    - Amidst all the chaos of sideloading a dozen apps while literally downloading/installing some 30 apps at once, I froze the camera. But a restart fixed that and it hasn't acted up since.
    - People are talking about the Android apps having the black bar at the bottom permanent. This is true BUT it's not the same black bar that you were seeing on 10.1. It's thinner and appears BELOW the app window, whereas on 10.1 it was appearing OVER and covering content. I actually don't mind the bar because it looks like the native UI bottom bar that most apps have anyway, and I've found myself effectively using the back button quite often.
    - Overall the Android UI is nicer.
    - It's only been about 15 hours since I installed, so it's far too early to gauge battery life, but so far in the 'settling' phase the battery seems to be doing about the same as it was on 10.1MR long after having settled.
    - The only casualty so far appears to be the GameLoft titles. Asphalt 7 and Real Soccer both crash on open. I love these games and are my most-played, but all the other benefits of this leak are so great, that I can live without them until a patch/fix comes out. Otherwise, Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, NBA Jam work, and plenty others work just fine.
    - I had previously sideloaded the 10.2 camera which had the Low-Light mode. This appears to be gone in the autoloader version.
    - For those using BeBuzz, make sure you set Sound, LED, and Vibration to OFF separately for each individual item. If you do the overall "All notifications" off for the whole phone OR for each item, you'll also turn off the interactive/toast notifications (which would be a shame, cause they're awesome!).

This is only my 2nd leak install, but definitely the most rewarding. It felt like Christmas! haha
    If you're willing to start completely fresh, then I definitely suggest giving it a try. All the disclaimers still apply about "Do this at your own risk and don't blame anyone if you brick your phone", but at this point it feels like the errors you'll encounter you might just as well encounter in an official carrier push.

I'll update this post if I notice anything significant after a few more days of use.
    Last edited by heymatei; 08-05-13 at 04:05 PM.
    08-05-13 12:57 PM
    Nice. But I think I read somewhere that the 10.2 low light is automatic and built in the the newest .1047 without a icon notifier.
    To be honest I did the same thing...I think I like to just see the icon there or I'm just too lazy to go back.

Posted via CB10
    heymatei likes this.
    08-05-13 01:09 PM
    Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
    08-05-13 01:18 PM
    +1 on remove the SD card before restoring. Never had any problems in restoring since.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 01:58 PM
    Ran a backup with latest link version, installed 1047 via autoloader, installed 810 runtime, skipped the bbid in setup added bid in settings, restored, reside loaded apps via sachi.

All is fine and dandy.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 02:02 PM
    Good Guide to those users having issues with updates. Crossed my finger I've never run into any issues yet. Thx OP!
    08-05-13 02:16 PM
    Nice. But I think I read somewhere that the 10.2 low light is automatic and built in the the newest .1047 without a icon notifier.
    To be honest I did the same thing...I think I like to just see the icon there or I'm just too lazy to go back.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, cool so does that mean that the low light is good to go or should we go ahead and side load the bar file?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 02:24 PM
    I'm going to try this method reloading10.2.0.1047 It might fix my FB issues.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-05-13 09:53 PM
    Ran a backup with latest link version, installed 1047 via autoloader, installed 810 runtime, skipped the bbid in setup added bid in settings, restored, reside loaded apps via sachi.

All is fine and dandy.

Posted via CB10
    No need to skip bbID
    The restore coding is now fixed
    08-05-13 10:00 PM