09-05-13 08:37 PM
47 12
tools
    I really hope they will extend this feature, since my aftermarket Kenwood radio is still recognized as just a headset / audio device.
    Maybe I kneed to name it Seat Leon or something like that?!
    I have a Kenwood too - and I don't think you can change the name.

If I could, it would probably be something ridiculous like "Spare Veyron"...
    08-21-13 01:00 PM
    Just tried it out today works awesome (it states my Lexus as a Toyota but I guess it is because they are the same company/uses the same system anyway.

But can I just ask how do I use maps with it? Because the car's navigation system is terrible. Can you get the maps to show up in the car's panel?
    08-22-13 05:28 AM
    Is there anything special for this to work? I have a 2011 Acura MDX Advance edition and when I pair my phone it only shows as HandsFreeLink.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    08-22-13 06:44 AM
    Really? I used 1047 since it came out and never had this come up once.
    Same here, I don't see that option

Posted from my amazing Z10
    08-22-13 07:06 AM
    Same here, I don't see that option

Posted from my amazing Z10
    It only works if your vehicle's system matches a certain criteria that identifies it as an in-car system. Aftermarket head units won't work, and it's not always accurate. I can set my Buick to be either a Chevrolet, GMC, or Cadillac, but not a Buick.
    08-22-13 07:36 AM
    It only works if your vehicle's system matches a certain criteria that identifies it as an in-car system. Aftermarket head units won't work, and it's not always accurate. I can set my Buick to be either a Chevrolet, GMC, or Cadillac, but not a Buick.
    Probably all companies take their specific systems from the same subcontractor and they only change the label.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 08:42 AM
    Probably all companies take their specific systems from the same subcontractor and they only change the label.

Posted via CB10
    That is pretty much the normal practice across manufacturers... U connect from Chrysler, Ram, Dodge, and Jeep is exactly the same except the loading screen
    and minor tweaks depending on the model...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:43 PM
    Kia is in the list. Works on my Rio

Posted via CB10
    And? how's that working for you?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:32 PM
    Any one with a chevy got it to work?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 06:09 AM
    Any one with a chevy got it to work?

Posted via CB10
    My Buick is now a Chevy, if that helps.

But I do have the same in-car system as the Cruze. Bluetooth does connect, voice calling works, but it has trouble accessing my calling lists (displays option for missed calls but shows no numbers, and doesn't display an option for my address book).

I haven't tried playing music.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-23-13 06:38 AM
    Is there anything special for this to work? I have a 2011 Acura MDX Advance edition and when I pair my phone it only shows as HandsFreeLink.

Update: with the latest 1371 leak "My Car" is now recognizing my Acura.

08-23-13 08:50 AM
    Just wondering if there are special features in the BlackBerry for this as compared to other phones?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:20 AM
    Mine connected to my BMW without any issues and BT works fine, both on this version and on .1047. The list is more expansive than the one's posted here. Also, when I connected to my BMW it knew my car right away, no choice was necessary.
    What year and model is your BMW? Does your phone do the phone book transfer? I have a 2011 M3 and it used to transfer the phone book as well as emails and texts. Now after upgrading to 10.2.0.1047 is no longer transfers the phone book only phone numbers in a numerical order and I don't see my emails or texts either.
    08-23-13 04:00 PM
    Mine on 1047 asked me if my car was a "Ford, Lincoln or Mercury".
    08-23-13 04:02 PM
    I stand corrected.
    With the latest OS 10.2.0.1323 it's totally fixed.
    My Car set on my Mondeo and there is no timeout while getting map guidance.
    WooooooHoooooooo!

Posted via CB10
    And got killed again on .1371.....
    Daaamn.

Posted via CB10

Edit: after a couple of hard resets works extra fine again.
    Last edited by akavbb; 08-24-13 at 06:53 AM.
    08-24-13 01:36 AM
    I have a Ford truck with Sync. My Car feature working really well. I just update to 10.2.0.1371. Navigation and playing music through the phone work really well together. Only issue I have found so far is the call volume is a little low on certain calls.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:47 AM
    Really? I used 1047 since it came out and never had this come up once.
    Yes. Since 1047.

In fact I have not loaded any newer leaks after 1047, and the My Car feature shows up every time I connect in my car.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:14 PM
    What year and model is your BMW? Does your phone do the phone book transfer? I have a 2011 M3 and it used to transfer the phone book as well as emails and texts. Now after upgrading to 10.2.0.1047 is no longer transfers the phone book only phone numbers in a numerical order and I don't see my emails or texts either.
    All seems correct in my 2011 328. Reads my email etc. Shows my contacts. I just wish my BBM messages came through.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:18 PM
    Really glad I found this post as I've been posting about this all over the leak pages where I usually am. It first popped up for me when I downloaded the leaked 1323 and newest Android (4.2.2) runtime 2 weeks ago. I first saw it when I turned on my MBZ GL350 and paired my Q10 with it again (have to "pair" the car with the device everytime you upgrade to a new OS).

I touched the MBZ name and ithe box disapeared but comes back everytime I start my car now. I didn't know about the "set my car" setting in the bluetooth settings on my Q-10, so I performed that task and we'll see if it still comes on the next time I turn the car on. I also wasn't aware of the ability to play music through it which is cool. Same as the poster above, I have nav in the car but mine is pretty good, still having the ability to use a nav system from my Q10 seems very cool indeed. Also have Sirus Radio and an SD card with 500 songs in the SD slot on the dash of my car so the music isn't as important but the ability to do if I'd chose is awesome.

So anyone that has used it with some success, if you could post what all it does, or what you can do with it, once it's activated/saved, would be appreciated. Thanks for the thread OP!

UPDATE: So I gave it a try and the only thing that my lock screen says when brought up, is hands-free calling! I guess my 2012 MBZ GLK350 isn't high tech enough to do anything else--LOL! $52K just doesn't buy much anymore
    Last edited by go1ndr; 09-03-13 at 06:01 PM.
    pili4 likes this.
    09-03-13 03:52 PM
    Hi Everyone, Well I've been away from the forums on business for the last two days and nothing much as moved on this thread other than the kind "like" given by Pili4---Thanks Pili4!

To add to the above, another mystery that occured that I can't figure out, is that on a trip back from an over night business meeting today, (while my wife was driving), she had her her iPhone 4S bluetooth enambled on my MBZ so she could talk while she was driving.

During the 4 hour drive, she received several voice mails while in a bad reception area, and to my surprise, she was able to play them via the bluetooth connection to my car! They were played out on from the cars speaker system. When I tried that after disconnecting her phone and reconnecting mine, it didn't work and the only way I could play a visual voice mail I had saved was from the phone's speakers not my cars. Anyone know why it would work on her iPhone but not on my Q10?
    09-05-13 07:35 PM
    Just tried it out today works awesome (it states my Lexus as a Toyota but I guess it is because they are the same company/uses the same system anyway.

But can I just ask how do I use maps with it? Because the car's navigation system is terrible. Can you get the maps to show up in the car's panel?
    Navigation system on the Lexus is terrible? The one in my Camry is outstanding! I don't think you can get the phone's map to show in the car's panel.
    09-05-13 07:40 PM
    Hey all

I have tried 1047 and now am on 10.2.0.1443
    I've never seen this option to choose my brand of car. I'm in a 2011 infiniti g37x and the in car system is pretty great (nav etc - I think it is qnx based - anyone know??)
    I would however love to have the nav integration as I am loving saying 'get me directions to the nearest X' in 10.2.
    Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?
    Thx!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:37 PM
47 12