08-07-13 11:33 PM
56 123
tools
    Yes I liked the dark theme myself hopefully it comes back as an option and we can toggle it on and off.
    OR someone comes out with a theme or app of some kind.

Posted with a Q10 on CB10
    08-05-13 09:41 PM
    Attachment 189798

And this happened a few minutes ago
    And should check out my responses

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:43 PM
    Yes I liked the dark theme myself hopefully it comes back as an option and we can toggle it on and off.
    OR someone comes out with a theme or app of some kind.

Posted with a Q10 on CB10
    My thoughts exactly!
    08-05-13 09:49 PM
    And should check out my responses

Posted via CB10
    I love the guy asking Michael if he should load the leak! Sheesh.
    08-05-13 10:01 PM
    Unfortunately unless something changes no...
    I have to agree with this. At first, I was mad, but it after getting used to it I do think it looks better for those apps.

Funny though, I still like the CB10 app in dark theme. I guess it would be good to have a choice though.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:23 PM
    I love the guy asking Michael if he should load the leak! Sheesh.
    Someone ******* asked that?!? What the **** is wrong with people.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Kris, maybe it's one of those people who are the cause we're gonna have the Hub icon..
    08-05-13 10:39 PM
    Kris, maybe it's one of those people who are the cause we're gonna have the Hub icon..
    +1
    And there are lots of them who have asked about loading leaks on Twitter.... its kinda funny asking that to a BlackBerry employee

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    08-05-13 11:13 PM
    This question is probably already answered, however is it possible to replace the .bar files for sms and calendar to the older ones which had the dark theme?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Probably the same 1diots that call their carriers or even blackberry when they have a problem with a leak. Can't believe it. More to add to the FAQ that they will probably not read. Just let kwm1337 loose on them!

Posted via CB10 Rockin a Z10 on 10.2.0.1047 Leaked by the brilliant Elite Team!
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-05-13 11:32 PM
    Really hope they keep the dark theme option for their AMOLED screens. Since it was one of the main reasons I planned on getting the Z30.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    08-05-13 11:38 PM
    Probably the same 1diots that call their carriers or even blackberry when they have a problem with a leak. Can't believe it. More to add to the FAQ that they will probably not read. Just let kwm1337 loose on them!

Already been added to the wiki site and faqs

Btw awesome mobile sig

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and Cranky like this.
    08-06-13 01:01 AM

Btw awesome mobile sig

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Kris. By the way. Saw your new twitter avatar. Sweet moves! Lmao

08-06-13 01:12 AM

Btw awesome mobile sig

Posted via CB10
    Is the wiki page up and running?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 01:24 AM
    Yes, ladies and gentleman begin the mourning, dark themes are gone, now after several days [I'm not reloading older dark theme bar files anymore] I am finally getting used to it...
    Hold up...what older bar files were you able to load???? Please.?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 01:37 AM
    On the Q10 with a Super AMOLED screen it's not about being 'that hard' but it's about durability of both the screen and the battery. You can find a little bit more info on Designing for OLED displays - BlackBerry Developer
    Isn't that all the more reason for a dark theme option on Q10 as shriscean suggested?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 01:46 AM
    Isn't that all the more reason for a dark theme option on Q10 as shriscean suggested?
    I'm including the post I originally responded to and have made a section bold. Shriscean was speaking about the white theme on the Z10 as far as I could tell, and asking if it was that hard to offer the choice to go dark. The intention of my post was to point out that the design choice of a black theme on the Q10 was about efficiency and durability of the device, not about how difficult it is or isn't to create and add different themes.
    I've read Z10 posts where owners ofelt left out that their devices didn't have the dark theme as well. IMO the look of the OS is just as important as the functionality and that white theme immediately reminded me of OS7, I don't know why BB10 didn't have the option to choose from light to dark from the release. I'm No programmer/developer but would it have really been that hard?
    I do agree with many of the posters here who want to keep the black theme, or who want to be able to choose. I seriously hope BB will reconsider the decision to go all white.
    08-06-13 10:03 AM
    Unfortunately unless something changes no...
    Well personally I won't simply give up and let BBRY do whatever they think is right. I appreciate the fact they actually listened to user complains regarding the dark theme. However, as often with BlackBerry, their execution to solve the problem was simply wrong. I have tweeted Michael Clewley and can only suggest everybody who like our dark theme to contact official BB staff and complain about the situation they caused. Be it Michael, Alec or Vivek, let them know what you think about their decission.

Instead of researching how many users actually liked the dark theme, they just listened to the complainers and began silently installing the light theme on the Q10. This of course pissed off the dark theme lovers and now we have this situation. A situation which could've *easily* avoided by BlackBerry if they would've offered choices. Be it a simple switch to chose between themes in the settings or at least an alternative application pack for download which converts everything back to the dark theme.

It's not like these solution would've been hard to figure out, yet BlackBerry again didn't think the next step ahead

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    08-06-13 11:09 AM
    I'm including the post I originally responded to and have made a section bold. Shriscean was speaking about the white theme on the Z10 as far as I could tell, and asking if it was that hard to offer the choice to go dark. The intention of my post was to point out that the design choice of a black theme on the Q10 was about efficiency and durability of the device, not about how difficult it is or isn't to create and add different themes.

I do agree with many of the posters here who want to keep the black theme, or who want to be able to choose. I seriously hope BB will reconsider the decision to go all white.
    I was speaking about my experience with 10.2 on my Q10 I don't have a Z10. They switched the dark theme to a light one.
    08-06-13 11:25 AM
    It seems they could have a system setting for default theme: dark or light (light can be default), and then offer an API for apps to use to use the system choice, or explicitly use the light or dark theme for that app. This could be the start of having themes again too. What would need to happen though is that developers can't hardcode text as black, but have the background affected by the theme background color. That would cause problems. In that case, they'd need to use the system colors for both or use hard-coded colors for all. It's just one thing that bothers me about many windows apps - you can't use a dark theme without things being unreadable because of assumptions.
    08-06-13 12:02 PM
    It seems they could have a system setting for default theme: dark or light (light can be default), and then offer an API for apps to use to use the system choice, or explicitly use the light or dark theme for that app. This could be the start of having themes again too. What would need to happen though is that developers can't hardcode text as black, but have the background affected by the theme background color. That would cause problems. In that case, they'd need to use the system colors for both or use hard-coded colors for all. It's just one thing that bothers me about many windows apps - you can't use a dark theme without things being unreadable because of assumptions.
    There are already apps which adjust the used theme depending on the device you are using. RSS Savvy, Blaq or gNewsReader are some examples. So it surely is possible to somehow automatically adjust the used theme for developers. Lazy List even has a manual option to switch themes, regardless of the used device!

08-06-13 12:07 PM
    Attachment 189798

So the users who don't like it are more important than the ones who do? Ijjits, have they forgot how to give choices or does the vaunted QNX not able to?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 08-06-13 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Stupid auto
    08-06-13 12:13 PM
    So the users who don't like it are more important than the ones who do? Ijjits, have they forgot how to give choices or does the vaunted QNX not able to?
    I guess no people tweeted him/them about how much they love the dark theme. Instead of course people who disliked it tweeted complaints about that theme. They listened and changed it - yet without thinking there actually is a large userbase out there who likes the dark theme. Now they pissed us guys off.
    I still can only recommend to complain at BlackBerry about the recent changes, the more people doing so, the more likely we'll get a timely solution.

08-06-13 12:20 PM
    I think the users who don't like it would have a louder voice because if you like the dark theme you're more than likely not contacting them to sing your praises to em'.
    08-06-13 01:43 PM
    Attachment 189798

What I got from this image " We changed it because users complained ...... , we listened."
    08-06-13 01:58 PM
56 123